Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-03-2009, 07:03 AM   #31
Edelweisz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevelyanL85A2 View Post
What rubbish is this?

Did you not read the other posts here in this thread? THIS GAME HAS COOP FOR CAMPAIGN AND MULTIPLAYER <_<

They were given 14 months to developt the game. Adding matchmaking would have extended it to 20. They can only do so much. don't bitch at Bungie, bitch at MS for having impossible standards and a crap understanding of the software engeineering life cycle and proper methods in software verification and validation.

This game is pretty slick and I enjoy it. It's supposed to be dark because you're in the city AT NIGHT. I'm sorry if you're scared of the dark or something but that's how things get to look like when you're at night. THINGS GET DARK.

I don't mind people complaining but sometimes people just make rubbish complaints without actually doing being properly informed or doing proper research.
I have the right to bitchin' anyway of a game that I see fit, dammit! In America, we have the "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". The right to bitching anything that is useless!

And FYI, I returned the game permanently without a second thought. Screw Halo and Bungie's future is all I have to say. I now despise FPS.
Edelweisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #32
JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelweisz View Post
I have the right to bitchin' anyway of a game that I see fit, dammit! In America, we have the "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". The right to bitching anything that is useless!

And FYI, I returned the game permanently without a second thought. Screw Halo and Bungie's future is all I have to say. I now despise FPS.
You said you couldn't get pass the first mission..........why ?? This game is incredibly easy......the first mission on normal should take you about 10 minutes....just run away from the hunters if you don't know how to snipe, beat downs or throw stickies. You shouldn't toss a game just bcuz its too hard.....it means you need to try and put more effort into it. Plus....despite ur bitching....u don't have much of a backing because you haven't bothered to complete the campaign as you suggested earlier.

Also, MICROSOFT (THE HUGE AMERICAN GIANT) is the one that owns the HALO franchise and Bungie will be making their LAST Halo game and releasing it next year and it is "Halo: REACH". In my opinion, Bungie have a decently bright future.....much like BioWare but for FPS'.

Also, I use to be crap in FPS in general (except for Goldeneye and PD) and practice has made me better but then again it is your choice on whether or not you wanna play FPS again.
JCDRANZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #33
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

TrevL85A2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDRANZER View Post
You said you couldn't get pass the first mission..........why ?? This game is incredibly easy......the first mission on normal should take you about 10 minutes....just run away from the hunters if you don't know how to snipe, beat downs or throw stickies. You shouldn't toss a game just bcuz its too hard.....it means you need to try and put more effort into it. Plus....despite ur bitching....u don't have much of a backing because you haven't bothered to complete the campaign as you suggested earlier.

Also, MICROSOFT (THE HUGE AMERICAN GIANT) is the one that owns the HALO franchise and Bungie will be making their LAST Halo game and releasing it next year and it is "Halo: REACH". In my opinion, Bungie have a decently bright future.....much like BioWare but for FPS'.

Also, I use to be crap in FPS in general (except for Goldeneye and PD) and practice has made me better but then again it is your choice on whether or not you wanna play FPS again.
Agreed mate.

Also, that guy may have the right to bitch as he's a fellow American, but there's a difference between useful bitching and useless bitching, which he does a good bit of the latter.

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011, 60000 GS 28 Aug. 2014: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #34
Logiistics

Logiistics's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDRANZER View Post
Thank god you deleted those threads. Its a bit disheartening seeing so many ppl say that they dislike this game. I absolutely love it and I enjoy it as much as I do with Halo 3. I love the campaign and firefight but most of all I love the soundtrack, which is just beautiful to listen to. The only thing is that the achievements are too easy to get and its short but then the shortness of the campaign can still be a good thing.....it reminds me of the days when I use to try doing the alternative pathways in Lylat Wars (aka Star Fox 64).

I am currently helping a friend get all the achievements for Halo 3: ODST and Halo 3. I don't mind doing ENDURE again....I am gonna help 3 ppl to get it.....just try and have a good connection and everything will be fine. I guess this is only the other way I can find replay value for this game. =)
Yeh the soundtrack is amazing, just perfect for the game.
Logiistics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #35
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
I don't have much to complain about. ODST is pretty fuckin legit. The campaign could have been longer, and they could been a lot more creative with the Achievement list..
Old 10-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #36
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:

This is the type of guy who COMPLAINS ABOUT EVERYTHING. The fact that he struggled with the 1st mission says it all. He's the guy who always has a bad experience, but doesn't realize it's him.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #37
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I didn't mind that there was no matchmaking in ODST, it's not like you can't find anyone here to do firefight or co-op campaign with. On Heroic I finished the game in about 8 hours, just wished there was about 5 more hours of gameplay for campaign. Other than that, ODST is a great game.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #38
spotshadow

Skee1Ball's Gamercard
It was disappointing to me because of the campaign length. I think Firefight is a fun addition and I don't really mind the matchmaking issue as I prefer to play with people I know anyways.

But it was too short, 60 bucks was a little too much to ask for. It would have been worth the money if I didn't already have Halo 3 and dropped credits for the H3 MP packs. I feel like I wasted money on those packs now and I don't really understand adding that as a 'feature' to ODST to justify the price because most likely anyone that is going buy the game this soon probably already has Halo 3 and all the download content.

But if you don't it's probably worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson View Post
just wished there was about 5 more hours of gameplay for campaign.
Right about the time ODST ends is about the same time that the Flood twist happens in Halo 1 (length of playing time wise). I just don't feel like Bungie put their heart into this game campaign wise.

Last edited by spotshadow; 10-03-2009 at 05:40 PM.
spotshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #39
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

As I mentioned earlier, Bungie was on a tight schedule.

I do like though the legendary ending

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:

Old 10-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #40
catbhoy

catbhoy's Gamercard
This game is outstanding, visuals and sound second to none. Shame about no matchmaking in Firefight as this would have kept the game alive.
catbhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #41
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by catbhoy View Post
Shame about no matchmaking in Firefight as this would have kept the game alive.
No, this would have made the game horrible.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #42
xdisturbedx666

xDisturbedx666's Gamercard
Well first off i enjoy the game and think firefight is an awesome mode, however the lag and disconnecting from live has been driving me insane. Has anyone else had this problem. Every time im in a party and playing trying to get endure or just 200,000 points someone lags out or i get kicked and disconnected from live. I was just playing a game and was at like 199,400 something and me and my bro lost connection and were booted from live. Now in all the 4 or 5 years i have never had a game lag so much or get disconnected and have my internet get messed up. It is so annoying and the people im playing with def. dont enjoy it. so anyone lag a lot or randomly lose live because it aggrivates me and my friends and i just want to finish at this point
xdisturbedx666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:40 AM   #43
Fallen x360a

Fallen x360a's Gamercard
Not too big of a deal but what's with the ODSTs not being able to throw grenades/melee or even reload correctly on the back of a Mongoose? And I still don't entirely understand why you can't dual wield.

Games 100%-Fable 2, Fallout 3 (1550), Assassin's Creed, Batman:AA, Force Unleashed (1345), Resident Evil 5 (1140), Halo 3 (1750), Halo 3:ODST
Arcade 100%- Fable 2 Pub Games, Battlefield: 1943
Fallen x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:00 AM   #44
Weeeezy Carter

Alkoholik Ninja's Gamercard
My only gripe with the game is the fact that endure is so hard to get, network issues and whatnot, and it is only worth 25 gs. Imo it is the hardest vidmaster to obtain.
Weeeezy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:22 AM   #45
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think the way the game hands out certain achievements is crap. More specifically the ones where you have to get X amount of kills with a certain weapon. These have to be done in one area. In campaign, on one level if you get 9/10 for My Clothes, the level ends, and you go back to the hub world, that number resets.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #46
killerrd1

liste3r fi3nd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdisturbedx666 View Post
Well first off i enjoy the game and think firefight is an awesome mode, however the lag and disconnecting from live has been driving me insane. Has anyone else had this problem. Every time im in a party and playing trying to get endure or just 200,000 points someone lags out or i get kicked and disconnected from live. I was just playing a game and was at like 199,400 something and me and my bro lost connection and were booted from live. Now in all the 4 or 5 years i have never had a game lag so much or get disconnected and have my internet get messed up. It is so annoying and the people im playing with def. dont enjoy it. so anyone lag a lot or randomly lose live because it aggrivates me and my friends and i just want to finish at this point
I've seen about 100 posts on this and other websites about this issue. And all anyone ever seems to say is get a better connection, or some other such BS. I have been playing on this same connection for years as well. I was playing halo 3 competitive for like a month before this game came out. No problems whatsoever. Same thing happened to my freinds (who live within 5 miles so distance is not a problem). It has to be something with the game. Hopefully it is fixed. Even if it is not I'll still like the game. Just not nearly as much.

killerrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #47
TrevelyanL85A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerrd1 View Post
I've seen about 100 posts on this and other websites about this issue. And all anyone ever seems to say is get a better connection, or some other such BS. I have been playing on this same connection for years as well. I was playing halo 3 competitive for like a month before this game came out. No problems whatsoever. Same thing happened to my freinds (who live within 5 miles so distance is not a problem). It has to be something with the game. Hopefully it is fixed. Even if it is not I'll still like the game. Just not nearly as much.
Yea I had a friend who had this same problem today when we were playing with another friend on Firefight, it doesn't lag for her when she's only playing with one other person, but for more than one it does lag for her, and she's had a decent connection for Halo 3 and other games so I find it a bit frustrating the connection issues aren't fixed fully.

As for why ODSTs can't dual wield, they're not SPARTANs, they're spec ops Marines.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:

Old 10-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #48
killerrd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevelyanL85A2 View Post
Yea I had a friend who had this same problem today when we were playing with another friend on Firefight, it doesn't lag for her when she's only playing with one other person, but for more than one it does lag for her, and she's had a decent connection for Halo 3 and other games so I find it a bit frustrating the connection issues aren't fixed fully.

As for why ODSTs can't dual wield, they're not SPARTANs, they're spec ops Marines.
Even when I play with one person it messes up off and on. Also, since at no point in time does their or my voice lag in the XBL party I do not see how it can be a issue with our connections.

And yes they're not Spartans, but also they wanted to make the game more like H1. Health packs, fall damage, decent pistol, no dual-wielding. There's probably more I'm missing.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #49
killerrd1

Quote:

You can say whatever you want. But when there's no merit to it. No one listens or cares. And I'm glad you're done with FPS cause judging by your comments you're one of those people that ruin games for everyone anyway.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #50
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdisturbedx666 View Post
I think it might have to do with the connection of one of your party members. I been playing with a group I always play with and we have ZERO lag issues. I tried playing with someone else the other day and we lag out in 5 minutes...we figured it was him.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #51
chaseisfly

Euromullet's Gamercard
What really got me off about this game was the Theatre mode, actually.

It seems like they rushed it to get the game out by fall, and kinda half-assed Theatre mode. :/

ie: You can't rewind, save "clips," etc.
All you can do is screenshot and save entire films.

Idk about you, but I'm not about to go around sayin' "Hey, if you look at the 4th vid in my fileshare, and scroll to 30:23..."

No.
chaseisfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #52
Agent JFG

Send a message via Skype™ to Agent JFG

Sunbro Joe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseisfly View Post
What really got me off about this game was the Theatre mode, actually.

It seems like they rushed it to get the game out by fall, and kinda half-assed Theatre mode. :/

ie: You can't rewind, save "clips," etc.
All you can do is screenshot and save entire films.

Idk about you, but I'm not about to go around sayin' "Hey, if you look at the 4th vid in my fileshare, and scroll to 30:23..."

No.
True, but since you're playing against other people they probably didn't assume people would want to make clips. I personally don't use films at all. Showing someone how to find something or a way to approach a fight may be a good use for films, but I don't find killing AI to be worthy of saving and sharing with others.

My biggest gripe with this game was spending $60 on it. I was lucky to get the campaign disc from a friend for $30. I don't play Halo 3 online much so I didn't need the multiplayer disc. And I think I got a good deal. Firefight is definitely worth it.
Agent JFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:29 AM   #53
Oinkness

Oinkness's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOS Puck View Post
I'm tired of seeing so many "This game sucks", "Are you disappointed", etc. type threads. If you have to bitch about the game, do it here. Should you ignore this thread and make your own "bitching" thread, it will be deleted and you will be infracted.
Congratulations Mr. Man, don't you feel big

All I said was I would have wished that they would let you save the maps instead of just putting them on a bonus disc. If you save the bonus disc to your harddrive, will the maps work when you put in the regular halo 3 disc? Has anyone tried that?
Oinkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #54
Tolwyn

Just to clarify, most of the time people getting disconnected anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour into the game are people without OPEN NAT settings. This happened to me in Halo 3 campaign all the time near the end of that longass vehicle level with the scorpians. I really wish people would take the 5 minutes to set their IP to static and forward the ports on their router.
Tolwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #55
Peperonici

Peperonici's Gamercard
All in all it's not a great game, the graphics looks dated, i also don't like science fiction and i dont like any halo game.
Why should i bought it then? Because it's coop is just... perfect.
I know it sounds funny, but sometimes, a game only needs a coop mode to be worth 50$.
That's the reason why im going to buy operation flashpoint thursday ^^

Peperonici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #56
MastyrChief

A Killer Wabbit's Gamercard
I'm not really disappointed with this game, I enjoyed it to an extent. One thing I didn't really like was how much the Audio files that you have to find in the city tie into the story. I was a little confused about how Dare got away, found the Engineer, etc. The story really is one of my only gripes, if only because of the half baked ending. I'm just too used to the epicness of Warthog jumps and rings exploding, :P. But other than that I thought it was fine.
MastyrChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #57
Tarento

Tarento7386's Gamercard
I've beaten Legendary with my friends, and I have ONE firefight achievement, but I haven't thoroughly played this game. What I like about this game is the firefight gameplay. It's like zombies for CoD: WaW, but Halo. What I didn't like was the storyline, walking in the dark on a very very lonely road, and the fact I couldn't get 4 players to play on the same screen for firefight. I don't know why they changed that, Halo 3 worked great for it.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #58
CapitanBinkie

CapitanBinkie's Gamercard
This is a pretty sweet game
CapitanBinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:31 AM   #59
Pukacho

pukacho's Gamercard
I am dead tired of getting disconnected in a firefight match. A buddy and I are going for the 200ks achievements and we only got one so far simply because the game keeps disconnecting on us. Firefight is awesome, but what is with this bs? I mean, we were at 194 000 points, minutes away from the 200k in Alpha Site, with like 15 lives to spare and the game simply disconnected us for no apparent reason. Even though it wasn't the first time it happened, we decided to give it another go and it disconnected again at 110 000 points.

This is simply not acceptable. I really hope they do something about this because this mode is really fun, but it's not fair that this happens frequently preventing us from getting the achievements. And it doesn't have anything to do with our connections, I've seen online that it happens with alot of people.
Pukacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #60
Dave823

People have a right to state their opinion and find out what others think. For you to delete their thread, and infract them is harsh, and unnecessary, and shows what kind of character you have. As long as people don't use profane language, like "bitchy".
Dave823 is offline   Reply With Quote