Old 12-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #151
jaquan345

iJayBoogyBoogy's Gamercard
campaign is boring
jaquan345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #152
T.B.R.M

TBRM 1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
no 4 player splitscreen or lobbying for firefight. thats why this game wasn't even in the top 5 for 2009

Game Guides:
Banjo-Kazooie
Borderlands : Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
L.A. Noire : Nicholson Electroplating
T.B.R.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #153
Michael1217

Michael1217's Gamercard
really wanted a lobby gathering function to find fellow firefight partners. It hard trying to just gather people from a web site then all be on at the same time.

Completed: Halo 3, DW6 Empires
Michael1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 AM   #154
Mongolian Beef

cRow Dance's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No firefight lobbies! argh! you know how hard it is to organize 4 people at the same time?

Campaign too dark, everything looks the same.

Campaign is too short.

Campaign too easy.

Keeping the Halo tradition of backtracking is annoying.

Dark corridors/hallways, very confusing and annoying.

Searching for Audio Logs in the dark is frustrating.

Guns are too weak. How come an ODST can flip a scorpion, but you need 3-4 clips and a melee to drop someone?

Ok, I get it with the Hunters, you can stop now. They are not fun to fight, just annoying.

Drones are annoying as well.

"If you ever fall for a girl, make sure she has balls" -Buck, <- Putting the Gay in Gaylo. I LMAO'd.

No button mapping! WTF? Isn't it 2009? I want to press x to reload dammit.

I paid $35 for this and still feel ripped off. If you paid the full $60 I just feel sad for you.

/rant. that felt good.

Last edited by Mongolian Beef; 12-30-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Mongolian Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #155
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

TrevL85A2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.B.R.M View Post
no 4 player splitscreen or lobbying for firefight. thats why this game wasn't even in the top 5 for 2009
The mP for this, when you get a team of 4, isn't as bad as the buggy MP that MW 2 is though.

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011, 60000 GS 28 Aug. 2014: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #156
Dj LynZee

Dj LynZee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
This game is fucking awful.

I can see why it's popular with the kids: the story is average and generic - perfect for a kid and the action is mindless and unjustified - again perfect for kids.

Why is this game hailed so much? People need to open their eyes and see what this game is really like.

Awful, mediocre, generic, uninspired, poor story development, atrocious voice acting, laughable cutscenes (I'm talking about the bit where the female ODST soldier just randomly kisses the dickhead ODST soldier - what the fuck was that all about?), lacklustre appeal and unbalanced enemy frequency.

Why does almost every 'corridor' style area look the same? I'm talking about Coastal Highway and Data Hive. Did they just copy and paste the rooms over and over again?

This game is just about moving to an area, killing a bunch of enemies, moving on and repeating the process - in some areas.

I don't find that fun, nor do I think this constitutes to being a good game, as everyone thinks it is.

What's with the health system? Why did they switch from the OK Halo 3 system to this one? It's annoying when you have to scout out for these medstations when they don't make themselves obvious to you.
A-fucking-men.
It's refreshing to see someone on this forum who isn't a mindless, frothing fanboy of a mediocre game. The only reason I own any Halo game is for achievements and because I love playing drunk with friends in custom.
Other than that Halo is mediocre at best.
ODST was a terribly overrated piece of crap. I'm literally going to have to FORCE my way through the rest of the campaign. The characters (as with most FPS games) are very underdeveloped and the voice acting is pretty bad. Not much going on in the plot department...but I shouldn't expect much from a run and gun shooter about aliens anyway, should I?
Good thing I got it for Christmas rather than wasting my own money on it, as I don't feel the shame, embarrassment or regret other disappointed owners most likely feel at this point.

Last edited by Dj LynZee; 01-04-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Dj LynZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #157
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

The campaign wasn't that bad at all. It was better than Halo 3, and the actors are mostly from the firefly series.

It was good to have a squad-based halo game where you can interact with squad members and not only just be a lone wolf guy.

And as I said, in terms of the game overall, has everyone forgotten the fact that they only had a year to make this game?

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:

Old 01-08-2010, 06:47 AM   #158
G gazoo

G gazoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I agree with most posts the game is too short, way to dark, repetitive nature and there is no multiplayer lobby. That said its still not my biggest problem.

I am really getting annoyed with everyone who posts on here looking to do firefights and thinking they can do endure while they are at it by running around trying to play rambo! Endure is the hardest achievement by far on this game and you need 4 good players working together as a team I really wish that people stop thinking they are gods at halo and actually try a stratagy for once in a lifetime.

Also no matter when you post someone will just post another right after you and never seems to reply to the threads that are already posted.

I guess its what you get with a kids shooter......
G gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #159
TrevelyanL85A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by G gazoo View Post
I agree with most posts the game is too short, way to dark, repetitive nature and there is no multiplayer lobby. That said its still not my biggest problem.

I am really getting annoyed with everyone who posts on here looking to do firefights and thinking they can do endure while they are at it by running around trying to play rambo! Endure is the hardest achievement by far on this game and you need 4 good players working together as a team I really wish that people stop thinking they are gods at halo and actually try a stratagy for once in a lifetime.

Also no matter when you post someone will just post another right after you and never seems to reply to the threads that are already posted.

I guess its what you get with a kids shooter......
It's not a kids shooter, and it's not too dark. It's supposed to be at night, for goodness sake. What are you afraid of the dark or sometihing? <_<

It's not really that short at all. Some people take longer to play, and some people have lives outside of playing a game so they don't have time to play a video game 24/7.

I think the biggest issue here is the multiplayer, and also the fact that people seem to reject the idea of teamwork. Working on a team isn't hard to do people.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:

Old 01-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #160
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
I have a complaint. I have the 1000, and I have no interest to play it anymore. No replay value..
Old 01-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #161
nolan182blink

Pois0n Oak's Gamercard
I got the game a few days ago. I thought it was alright. Campaign was a little repetitive and short but I enjoyed it. The thing that pisses me of is the damn audio logs. I went through a walkthrough and I only got 28. I re did the whole thing just incase I skipped one by accident, but same thing. I swear this shit's glitched... And I wasted 3 hours and have yet to find the missing one.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #162
Baris

Baris Dogan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan182blink View Post
I got the game a few days ago. I thought it was alright. Campaign was a little repetitive and short but I enjoyed it. The thing that pisses me of is the damn audio logs. I went through a walkthrough and I only got 28. I re did the whole thing just incase I skipped one by accident, but same thing. I swear this shit's glitched... And I wasted 3 hours and have yet to find the missing one.
I spent 2.5 houres rechecking em all because i had 28 on Legendary Diffeculty just to find out i was missing the most northern one -__-
Baris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:47 AM   #163
Yofune Nushi

Yofune Nushi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I agree, firefight should have been open to matchmaking. This is the biggest flaw the game has. No replay value after 1000gs.
Yofune Nushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:34 AM   #164
Speed OD

SPEED OD's Gamercard
endur achiv is a true B*TCH get to the last streach and my team goes n burns up the last few lives we have
or the magic nad tossing grunts
Speed OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #165
rezpredator

rezpredator's Gamercard
good game disapointing lack of match making and horribly 2 hard endure
rezpredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:00 AM   #166
Brandon O00

Brandon O00's Gamercard
LAG. We just failed an Endure run through because of the horrible lag issue.
Brandon O00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #167
IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S's Gamercard
No matchmacking in firefight is stupid.
IRISH OS1R1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #168
IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S's Gamercard
Sorry for the double post but i forgot to say the lag in firefight is the worst i have ever experienced in any game, so frustrating.
IRISH OS1R1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #169
skaarj1989

skaarj1989's Gamercard
I've done this game but it wasn't interesting, I could buy something else, at least I know that to NOT buy anything in Halo universe.
skaarj1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #170
NatDawg25

NatDawg25's Gamercard
I know people in this thread may not appreciate what I'm about to say, but oh well, here goes.

I found no problems with ODST. It had a compelling story for what it was, remembering that this is just a side story of the Halo universe. Firefight is extremely fun, no matter what. I still enjoy helping people get achievements on it. I even love to go back and replay some of the campaign levels just for fun. It had a beautiful musical score for the kind of mood the game was going for. All in all, one of my favorite games.

Just had to put it out there. [Sighs] Let the hate mail ensue...
NatDawg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #171
it4chii

it4chii's Gamercard
It was a fun game, I agree, but it was a different way of telling a story in a game than we're used to, but in a very annoying way. The music was pretty compelling except for that one faux noir tune that played sometimes in Mombasa Streets..
it4chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #172
drkltus1

DRKLTUS's Gamercard
MP firefight would have been badass
drkltus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #173
R3vengeance

R3vengeance's Gamercard
For the second time yesterday I got booted out of a match where nobody lagged out. The first time was on campaign, going for daja vu, and got kicked in the second to last sequence. The second was in a firefight at 140,000 points, after over 30 minutes of play. The game would lag a bit, show a connecting screen (which lied, as it actually did nothing and made no attempt to connect), and return us to the lobby as a full team, with everyone present. It's as if they're saying "You know what? You should wait a little longer for your achievement to pop. Now you have to play that half-assed firefight for 30 more minutes, as we at bungie laugh at your misfortune."

Note: I recognize Bungie as a good, fan loving company, and take no credit away from them. But come on, this whole connecting issue is ridiculous...
R3vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #174
Jaboma

i am fucking fed up with this bullshit game. bungie thinks that because theyve reached superstardom that they can release a half assed product and their loyal fans will still buy it. well theyre right because i bought it and i got screwed up the ass.

how can they not put matchmaking in a halo game? i have to continuously come to this forum just to find people to play with and i can only pull together a team of faithful 4 every once in a lifetime. i finally had a team just today to do deja vu and guess what happens at the near end section. motherfucking lost connection. 2 hours down the drain. ive lost all interest in even attempting it again.

fuck you bungie.
Jaboma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #175
Dead Space Girl

Dead Space Girl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaboma View Post
how can they not put matchmaking in a halo game? i have to continuously come to this forum just to find people to play with and i can only pull together a team of faithful 4 every once in a lifetime. i finally had a team just today to do deja vu and guess what happens at the near end section. motherfucking lost connection. 2 hours down the drain. ive lost all interest in even attempting it again.

fuck you bungie.
Holy cow, I came here to post almost the EXACT same rant only replace "deja vu" with "endure" and "near end section" with "ELEVEN MOTHERFUCKING SECONDS LEFT TIL THE BONUS ROUND AFTER THE FOURTH SET ENDED".

We had the achievement but since it doesn't pop til the bonus round ends, DIDN'T GET IT. Jesus wept.
has any girls tried messaging any of the champs, getting the belts off them and trading it around? the champs mite listen to a girl asking for the achievement.
Dead Space Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:35 PM   #176
ste7e205

needs a matchmaking for firefight and mp campaing and it would be awsome. i cant do the firefight and vidmasters because there isnt a matchmaking for it.
ste7e205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #177
Dirge 0

dirge 0's Gamercard
I dont see why they dont just patch it to have matchmaking. Almost everything is working off the same engine and framework, and with the money, tools, and talent they have I dont see any reason not to. Except for profits sake. Other than the matchmaking, I think ODST is the best Halo game yet, I like how they brought back the classic game mechanics from the 1st Halo. I just cant really enjoy a multiplayer focused game with almost no feasible multiplayer option.
Dirge 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:05 AM   #178
Sora250

Darksora250's Gamercard
OMFG. I want to jump in a fucking river and die. First time i tried to do endure, we got to the last fucking wave of the whole thing and die.
Second time, out of nowhere, i lagged out at the end of the 3rd set for no reason at all. I'm sick of fucking ODST and endure. This game can go suck a dick.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 AM   #179
Geerolla

CurtisLemansky's Gamercard
$0.02

Like most people have said before me, biggest gripe is no matchmaking for Firefight. I mean seriously... I have only 2 friends that own this game and they hardly play. It's ridiculous having to jump online to try and get a full squad together.

Other than that, I feel Bungie is on the right track with the Halo franchise. Was this worth a whole separate release? Hell no. They changed just enough to justify the full release, but it had the depth of DLC. Regardless, the game was entertaining and it took a different approach to the Halo Universe which I did enjoy. I just want to see the same kind of thing in an actual brand-new, nothing recycled release. Hopefully Reach will be that.
Geerolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 AM   #180
Hamburger29

Hamburger29's Gamercard
The only thing I hated about this game was the price tag and the fact that I have to hold on to it until May to play the reach beta. I only have two achievements left to get and I haven't got them just because I know I can't get rid of it until then. It should have been a code like for the Halo 3 beta.
Hamburger29 is offline   Reply With Quote