PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
albino marv

albino marv's Gamercard
Is it worth getting the 100%

I have 3 more achievements to get I have to complete on hard and find 14 more dog tags and have 1 more of the 5 power ups to complete. The last one is easy. I know to get a 1000 points is good but is it really worth the hassle so im asking for advice because its one complete play through on hard and going through at lease one play through on easy to find remainig dog tags so shall i do it all go onto next game do you get any reward for 1000G
albino marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
albino marv

albino marv's Gamercard
I have deceided this is a stupid 1000 points to a game to get the 1000 points you have to complete it at lease 3times and thats if you get all the dog tags this game is really good but the dog tags is a stupid achievement I know i sound bitter but I am.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Honestly I gave up on completing games...I play what I think i will enjoy (which I did enjoy this game) and thats it. If a game is not too difficult I'll 1k it...but the days of trying to complete games are over for me.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate's Gamercard
If I recall correctly you can use cheats to get achievements so if you use the invulnerability cheat you can run through hard mode in like 3hours easy.

Most achievements in games require grinding.To make it seem less tedious do something else while grinding. I like to listen to podcasts while I grind out achievements, makes the time go by so fast.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #5
albino marv

albino marv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulfate View Post
If I recall correctly you can use cheats to get achievements so if you use the invulnerability cheat you can run through hard mode in like 3hours easy.

Most achievements in games require grinding.To make it seem less tedious do something else while grinding. I like to listen to podcasts while I grind out achievements, makes the time go by so fast.
I thought cheats disable achievements
Old 04-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
luis207

luis207's Gamercard
No if you do something particular you can bypass that and get achievements with cheats
Old 04-24-2011, 03:55 AM   #7
Matts Carnage

Matts Carnage 2's Gamercard
Cool

its wierd i thought this was an easy 1000 hell im going 4 another couple 1000s on it on my other profiles dog tags r pretty easy to find and think they have a guide with pics even and dont know yd ud have 2 complete it 3 times 2 max u can start on normal and then do hard atleast thats wat i did and am doing just make sure u do hard diff achiev last and get the rest on normal
Matts Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
Matts Carnage

Matts Carnage 2's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by albino marv View Post
I thought cheats disable achievements

and ya i forgot when i first got the game i used some cheats and it disabled the achievs but i think i restarted or reloaded the game save and the cheats were still active and i still got acheivs
Matts Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
JDawgRocks

JDawgRocks's Gamercard
I think it's definitely worth it. This is the one game I have 100% on, I hate collectibles, but the dog tags are relatively easy.
JDawgRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
mak3 a mark

Mak3 a mark's Gamercard
its a really easy 1k and by the sounds of it your close already id just do it for peice of mind.
mak3 a mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This game is not that hard to get 1K. I have to agree with this website 3/10 for the achievement difficulty.

albino marv just find the dogtages while you're playing on hard, that way you don't have to worry about playing it again, unless you want to.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #12
LethalRabbid

LethalRabbid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by albino marv View Post
I have deceided this is a stupid 1000 points to a game to get the 1000 points you have to complete it at lease 3times and thats if you get all the dog tags this game is really good but the dog tags is a stupid achievement I know i sound bitter but I am.
Most of these games have some crazy collectible achievement.... look at AC 1 for example... all the flags you have to collect....

no more completing games for me
LethalRabbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #13
cutchinz

cutchin43's Gamercard
Do it or it will be gnawing at your brain for the rest of your life the exact same thing happened to me with Terminator Salvation I rented it got all but two and it's just so easy and yet still those two stupid achievements killed me.
cutchinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
dvdubb

DVDUBB's Gamercard
There is a cheat for invulnerability...start up your game, enter cheat, exit your game, and reload it again..should not disable achievements if u do it like that.

I've started on Hard after doing all other achievements, but never finished the game in that mode...hence 49/50 achievements...its on my list of 'to-do' and get the 100%, but lots of other games lying around that I'd rather work on than Wolverine.

The dog-tags are relatively easy to find as there are not that many...if you like a huge amount of collectibles to 100%, try The Incredible Hulk: 100 Gamma canisters, 100 Fury canisters, 15 jumps, 19 subways, 50 landmarks, 23 gold medals...once you have all that an achievement for all upgrades will unlock...ya..fun eh?
dvdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:46 AM   #15
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdubb View Post
There is a cheat for invulnerability...start up your game, enter cheat, exit your game, and reload it again..should not disable achievements if u do it like that.

I've started on Hard after doing all other achievements, but never finished the game in that mode...hence 49/50 achievements...its on my list of 'to-do' and get the 100%, but lots of other games lying around that I'd rather work on than Wolverine.

The dog-tags are relatively easy to find as there are not that many...if you like a huge amount of collectibles to 100%, try The Incredible Hulk: 100 Gamma canisters, 100 Fury canisters, 15 jumps, 19 subways, 50 landmarks, 23 gold medals...once you have all that an achievement for all upgrades will unlock...ya..fun eh?
True, the dog tags are easier than finding all the collectibles in the Incredible Hulk, but even those collectibles aren't too bad.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #16
chetwaters

dornick's Gamercard
this game was too glitchy for me to beat the last boss.
chetwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
The achievements are quite easy and fun and with guide the collectables are easy to spot. Graphics/Sound are pretty cool and its just agressive.

However the guide says 18-20 hours but im already on 12-15 hours and have to face the final boss yet on my 1st playthrough.

So with replaying levels and a full playthrough on hard will take me at least 10 hours and some bosses are gonna be tough. So I'd say 25 hours will be more my guess, at least for me then.

And the game is very repetitive, enemies from level 1 are still popping up after 12 hours of play and spawn around every corner.

Only if you are a die hard X-men fan or completionist I would go for 1k, Iwould be happy with 900+ and move on and save 10 hours of grinding boredom.

Edit: Im replaying levels now and maxing out reflexes (machete is a real pain) will make you replay levels up to 5-6 times costing approx 4 hours of replay time if you choose levels carefully

Edit: I noticed the Immortality cheat and played 8 hours straigt to 1k!

Only final boss was a real monkey ! Total playtime approx 25-30 hours ,

Last edited by raidenhardcore; 08-21-2011 at 05:23 PM.
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #18
Neosapiant

Neosapiant's Gamercard
It was quite easy and interesting to get 1000. So I say it is 100% worth getting it.
Neosapiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #19
Dalhar

Dalhar pl's Gamercard
Yes ! Yes ! Yes !
Dalhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Helping Hand   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Emerald   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
I feel the same way. I have one achievement left, to beat it on hard. After playing it for so long and grinding out the power up achievements, I didn't feel like playing through it one more time. I'll get it eventually, but I'm not too worried about it.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #21
pricanboy

pricanboy10's Gamercard
Not really, but it's really easy to get so you should get 100%.
pricanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #22
KrazyJayzen

Krazy Jayzen's Gamercard
Its a fun game and on hard, it gives just the right amount of challenge, so why not? Its not like it takes a long time for any of the achievements.
KrazyJayzen is offline   Reply With Quote