PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-10-2010, 02:32 AM   #31
Atomic Diharrea

AtomicDiarrha's Gamercard
Uploading your profile on a friend's console wouldn't work, I guess, since your intels are linked to your profile, pretty much the same way deleting your save file doesn't work... I think. I never tried it yet.

And wow, Maple Leaf Dude, your pertinence truly astonish me, I'm so ashamed of not being a saint like you!

Atomic Diharrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #32
Oathbreaker

A Royal Lion's Gamercard
Is there already a solution to this? I have the same issues as Atomic described..
Oathbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #33
The Hartley

The Hartley's Gamercard
gah i can't get it to work, I've tried quite a lot of times but I just can't seem to do it, damn infinity ward for not allowing a normal way to delete game saves
The Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #34
ThreeLeggedRace

ThreeLeggedRace's Gamercard
THERE IS A WAY!!! If you've shot yourself in the foot and are missing the collection achievements you can still get them. I can't take credit for this it goes completely to ForrrestMaster, PandaMan, and AmyGrrl. Here's a video that should help that's fantastic quality by NicksMods showing how to "back up" all your hard work. This works for reseting the intel if you follow the steps.

Prep: There are a few things you'll want/have to do before you can complete this task.

1 - unplug your ethernet cable or wireless connection (this helps load the profiles faster).
2 - set up two dummy profiles (the first dummy is the copy of the original and the other dummy is the reset - there's a legend at the bottom to help clarify).
3 - play through the copy dummy on Recruit until you beat Act I's Blackout level (don't worry about intel or anything else, just get through it).
4 - play through the reset dummy on Recruit until you get 14, or I suppose 29, intel (you can get 14 easily before even starting Act II and this is just how I did it but both should work).
5 - now when this is all done the most important thing you must do is CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE (Guide => go to the Settings Blade => System Settings => Memory => , press 'Y' for Device Options => Clear System Cache => Yes) if you skip this step the COD4 update will not allow you to glitch the game (don't worry anything you've updated can be re-updated when you play them again and connect to Live)

Now that you've done all of that, do it if you haven't, it's time to glitch.

Glitch A: This first time is to essentially make a backup of everything you've already accomplished, because some of the Veteran levels will kick your butt and who wants that if you've already done it.

6 - load the original profile and start up the game.
7 - go Mission Select => Prologue => Crew Expendable => Veteran.
8 - as soon as you selected Veteran press Guide => 'X' to sign out => Yes => 'X' to sign in and select the copy dummy => as soon as it's loaded pop the battery out or pull the Plug and Play cable out and wait (a lot of people say this has to be done super fast but don't stress, as long as you press the buttons as soon as the system lets you and pull the power from the controller as close to the profile signing in as possible you'll do fine).
9 - wait for the game to kick you out to an Error page 'Your profile was signed out' which might be hidden behind a system message that says 'Can't connect to Xbox Live.' Either way, wait until there's no more talking before turning the power on to the controller.

Glitch B: This time around we'll reset our intel in the original profile. All you'll have to do is repeat 6 through 9 but this time starting with the reset dummy and switching to the original profile. Play through collecting the rest of the intel, this time without even touching the cheats because now we know better Infinity.

Glitch C: Finally we'll recover everything we've done in our original profile by repeating 6 through 9 again but this time starting with the copy dummy and switching to the original again.

NOTE: One quick note, and one you will all hate. For some reason this glitch is very inconsistent and in all the hours I've invested in doing this I've had it work 4 maybe 5 times. One thing I've done is deleted the game save info, don't worry this just deletes the last checkpoint. Another time I played through the game for about an hour. Simply put, I'm not certain why it works some times and why it doesn't others. So if anyone in their trials comes up with some answers let me know or just add them to help everyone else out.

Legend:
Original Profile - this is the profile that, if you're anything like me, you messed around with some "cheats" turned them all off and then picked up one of the intels so now you can't get Look Sharp/Eyes and Ears.
Copy Dummy - this is the profile that has been played up to and including Blackout and will allow you to glitch everything you've accomplished (like beating all the levels on Veteran) right back to the Original Profile.
Reset Dummy - this is the profile that has been played up to and including Blackout at least and will have 14 or 29 intel depending on what achievements you've missed.

Last edited by ThreeLeggedRace; 04-20-2010 at 01:31 PM.
ThreeLeggedRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #35
Pwnd N00bz

SoProYouGoW0AH's Gamercard
Thanks so much! A friend of mine was playing with cheats on.... ; (
Pwnd N00bz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #36
smellypotatoes

T0M DAH BOMB's Gamercard
doesnt work for me

best sniper in all of bad company :P
Gol quickscope, sv98 everything else

reset 6th prestige black ops. GF treyarch!

http://g.bfbcs.com/20894/360_T0M%20DAH%20BOMB.png

smellypotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:42 AM   #37
nenohrok

Send a message via AIM to nenohrok

eidolon8's Gamercard
I think I am the happiest person in the world right now. I cannot believe I can finally 100% this game. I've been waiting for so long to find a way to reset the intel and this actually works!
nenohrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #38
ThreeLeggedRace

ThreeLeggedRace's Gamercard
That's great to see it worked for you! Did it take you long to glitch it?
ThreeLeggedRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #39
Crazypete3

Woot it finally worked

I got it to work on the first try, unfortunately it messed up on part one but i did get the achievement just gotta redo all my missions on vetern
Crazypete3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:06 AM   #40
SoupBriefs

HonoraryMexican's Gamercard
This totally worked for me!! The only thing i did that he didn't talk about was when it asks you to pick your storage device a second time, i hit b. and then loaded up the level and picked the storage device later. Woo Hoo!!!
SoupBriefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #41
Bababushca

Bababushca's Gamercard
Thanks!

I'm going to try this right away! I've waited so long for this moment!
Bababushca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #42
Holiday9357

Holiday9357's Gamercard
I have tried the first method, and it doesn't seem to work. If I want to try the second method, should I complete all levels on veteran first, as it may delete my current progress?

Multiplayer Roadmaps: Medal of Honor: Warfighter | Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII
Holiday9357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:08 AM   #43
SHaMROCK 73

SHaMROCK 73's Gamercard
I have a completely new method for this and it's so easy. I'll do it for you...
SHaMROCK 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #44
Holiday9357

Holiday9357's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaMROCK 73 View Post
I have a completely new method for this and it's so easy. I'll do it for you...
Would you please clarify? I'm up for a new method, unless that new method is modding or game saving.

Multiplayer Roadmaps: Medal of Honor: Warfighter | Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII
Holiday9357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #45
SHaMROCK 73

SHaMROCK 73's Gamercard
It involves two programs and you need a way to access your Xbox HDD using your PC. I have everything, I'll do it for you if you don't have a way to attach your Xbox HDD to your PC.
SHaMROCK 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #46
drunk and ugly

drunk and ugly's Gamercard
i am destined to always have 980 on cod 4. fuck you infinity ward. thanks for not giving a reset option, fuckin turds.
drunk and ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #47
jdubalo7

JDubalo7's Gamercard
i tried this about 50 times i cant get it to work is it because i dont have live?
jdubalo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #48
arcaneIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLeggedRace View Post
THERE IS A WAY!!! If you've shot yourself in the foot and are missing the collection achievements you can still get them. I can't take credit for this it goes completely to ForrrestMaster, PandaMan, and AmyGrrl. Here's a video that should help that's fantastic quality by NicksMods showing how to "back up" all your hard work. This works for reseting the intel if you follow the steps.

YouTube- How to SPG CoD4

Prep: There are a few things you'll want/have to do before you can complete this task.

1 - unplug your ethernet cable or wireless connection (this helps load the profiles faster).
2 - set up two dummy profiles (the first dummy is the copy of the original and the other dummy is the reset - there's a legend at the bottom to help clarify).
3 - play through the copy dummy on Recruit until you beat Act I's Blackout level (don't worry about intel or anything else, just get through it).
4 - play through the reset dummy on Recruit until you get 14, or I suppose 29, intel (you can get 14 easily before even starting Act II and this is just how I did it but both should work).
5 - now when this is all done the most important thing you must do is CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE (Guide => go to the Settings Blade => System Settings => Memory => , press 'Y' for Device Options => Clear System Cache => Yes) if you skip this step the COD4 update will not allow you to glitch the game (don't worry anything you've updated can be re-updated when you play them again and connect to Live)

Now that you've done all of that, do it if you haven't, it's time to glitch.

Glitch A: This first time is to essentially make a backup of everything you've already accomplished, because some of the Veteran levels will kick your butt and who wants that if you've already done it.

6 - load the original profile and start up the game.
7 - go Mission Select => Prologue => Crew Expendable => Veteran.
8 - as soon as you selected Veteran press Guide => 'X' to sign out => Yes => 'X' to sign in and select the copy dummy => as soon as it's loaded pop the battery out or pull the Plug and Play cable out and wait (a lot of people say this has to be done super fast but don't stress, as long as you press the buttons as soon as the system lets you and pull the power from the controller as close to the profile signing in as possible you'll do fine).
9 - wait for the game to kick you out to an Error page 'Your profile was signed out' which might be hidden behind a system message that says 'Can't connect to Xbox Live.' Either way, wait until there's no more talking before turning the power on to the controller.

Glitch B: This time around we'll reset our intel in the original profile. All you'll have to do is repeat 6 through 9 but this time starting with the reset dummy and switching to the original profile. Play through collecting the rest of the intel, this time without even touching the cheats because now we know better Infinity.

Glitch C: Finally we'll recover everything we've done in our original profile by repeating 6 through 9 again but this time starting with the copy dummy and switching to the original again.

NOTE: One quick note, and one you will all hate. For some reason this glitch is very inconsistent and in all the hours I've invested in doing this I've had it work 4 maybe 5 times. One thing I've done is deleted the game save info, don't worry this just deletes the last checkpoint. Another time I played through the game for about an hour. Simply put, I'm not certain why it works some times and why it doesn't others. So if anyone in their trials comes up with some answers let me know or just add them to help everyone else out.

Legend:
Original Profile - this is the profile that, if you're anything like me, you messed around with some "cheats" turned them all off and then picked up one of the intels so now you can't get Look Sharp/Eyes and Ears.
Copy Dummy - this is the profile that has been played up to and including Blackout and will allow you to glitch everything you've accomplished (like beating all the levels on Veteran) right back to the Original Profile.
Reset Dummy - this is the profile that has been played up to and including Blackout at least and will have 14 or 29 intel depending on what achievements you've missed.
For whoever else finds this thread via Google, I've just done this on 10/06/11, and can confirm it worked.

I had 980/1000, and was missing Look Sharp (Collect 15 enemy intel items). The first part, (Part A), copying the original profile into the copy profile didn't actually work, so Part C was useless to me, but the important part (Part B) did work. As it stands, I now have 1000/1000, but the single player campaign on my game is only unlocked as far as I played with the Copy Profile, on recruit, whereas the game was totally completed with Veteran before. I don't really care, I can live with that

Some additional information that may be of use: I disconnected my harddrive, recovered my gamertag to a memory unit (usb stick), connected to xbox live only to recover my gamertag and then deliberately disabled my internet connection. The glitch would not work whatsoever for me with Xbox live enabled.

Remember to connect to xbox live once more having got whatever achievement you were missing to sync up your local achievements with whatever is remotely stored on Microsoft's servers before recovering your profile somewhere else and potentially undoing all this work.

If you really care about having all the achievements AND having your local copy of COD4 show that you've played it completely through on Veteran and found all the intel, then perhaps you might want to check that the Copy Profile shows everything unlocked as Veteran (I guess?) at the end of Part A before you move onto Part B. If you're happy enough to let your achievements reflect your progress, and don't care about the local copy of the game, follow the text instructions to the letter and you should be fine.

Kudos to whoever knocked up this guide, as it was quite annoying to be missing just the 1 intel item achievement.
arcaneIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #49
melloverture

Can anyone confirm this working with 29 intel unlocked on the reset dummy?
melloverture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #50
ghostface420

did this today, finally got the last 20g

ghostface420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #51
markowski2014

markowski2014's Gamercard
I couldnt get it to work either
markowski2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #52
DiplexPuppet

DiplexPuppet's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface420 View Post
YouTube - ‪COD 4 - Reset Intels Solution‬‏
Hello

I did this but could not get it to work following the guide

So I cleared my cache
Took out my harddrive
Played the game from disc
Loaded my profile from my usb stick
Created a player1 on my usb stick
Followed that guide again
Went to the missions and I could only play FNG
Turned off xbox
Plugged harddrive back in, updated the game again, went to missions could only play FNG
Just went to the first intel location and got 1/30

Hope this helps for anyone having trouble as I followed all the guides and could not get them to work

Last edited by DiplexPuppet; 07-22-2011 at 12:49 PM.
DiplexPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #53
azozacrackpot

crackpotazoza's Gamercard
not working

I can't get it it logs out before it finishes loading fng and doesn't ask me to sign in before starting... But if I do it just sends me to the start.. Err this is my last achieve and I only turned on the color cheats... And I turned them off before collecting intel.
azozacrackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #54
tony p 123

tony p 123's Gamercard
it never glitched for me so i guess i was quite lucky
tony p 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #55
stranger35

StrangZor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface420 View Post
YouTube - ‪COD 4 - Reset Intels Solution‬‏
This worked! You just have to sign back into your profile before it says saving, which means you have to be extremely fast with it. Thats probably why people cant do it alot of the time

stranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:53 AM   #56
CptStabs

Cpt Stabs's Gamercard
Talking Yesssss!

Totally worked, had to do it a couple of times but it Worked!!!!!
CptStabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #57
v Adamm x

v Adamm x's Gamercard
I cant get this to work. I follow all the instructions correctly and when i have to sign out of the main profile, and start F.N.G it forces me to sign in on the main menu and my Mission Select is full again. It really have no idea what to do!

Should i delete my Game Save from my Hard Drive?
v Adamm x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #58
Nas559

Nas559's Gamercard
Got it after a couple of tries. The main thing is you have to sign out of new profile n sign in to original profile very fast. You need to be signed in by the time the level is at about midway loading n says saving at top of screen

Hope this helps
Nas559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #59
kwantum

ohmyglock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by v Adamm x View Post
I cant get this to work. I follow all the instructions correctly and when i have to sign out of the main profile, and start F.N.G it forces me to sign in on the main menu and my Mission Select is full again. It really have no idea what to do!

Should i delete my Game Save from my Hard Drive?
no need to delete game save.

I was unable to copy my veteran completion of my profile onto the copy profile. However, I was able to reset my profile as if I never played campaign before. Once that was done, I just played through on easy and collected all of the intel needed for my missing achievement. Although my game save no longer shows I completed each level on Veteran, I never lost the achievement for beating it on Veteran.
kwantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:58 AM   #60
ChiefBurner_3_SE

BumblebeexCBx4R's Gamercard
I fucking worked just don't choose a save device yet I think I'm honna try to get nvm it worked completely yay.

I love TA as well as xbox360achievements.

Games 100% Completed:
I currently have 24 completed games according to TrueAchievements (22 retail and 2 arcade titles)

ChiefBurner_3_SE is offline   Reply With Quote