Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Subscriber COD 4 Tournament Sign Up

Sign up below with your gamertag if you are a subscriber and want to participate in the COD4 tournament that will take place at noon PT/ 8pm UK on Sunday, October 18th.

If you are not a subscriber and wish to become one, click on the Subscribe link at the top of the forum.

If anyone has questions, feel free to post them here as well.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
might have to subscribe for this one, COD 4 is my all time favorite game.

anyone else notice problems with matchmaking lately? it has been very hard to get into matches and once i do i have experienced lag more often the usual. many others on my friends list complain of the same problems.

hopefully it won't affect the tournament!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Cacky

Send a message via AIM to Cacky Send a message via MSN to Cacky

True Intent's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Runner Up   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
GT - HnC Cacky

This will be my first tourney, but I'm unfamiliar with the way they are run. If someone could help me out that would be great.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Keano

Location: The sinking ship that's full of shit and someone's nicked the oars
Send a message via AIM to Keano Send a message via MSN to Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Third Place   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I'm in. I did pretty well in the last COD tournament so lets hope that i do half decent in this one.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacky x360a View Post
GT - HnC Cacky

This will be my first tourney, but I'm unfamiliar with the way they are run. If someone could help me out that would be great.
Look at some of the prior tournament threads in this forum and you should get a good idea.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
This is my first tourney also.

GT - Dom 360a
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Old 10-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
GT Filter x360a

I'll give it a shot

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Old 10-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Third Place   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacky x360a View Post
GT - HnC Cacky

Tournaments like these are the simplest anyway. Last time it was just two free for all matches and one person was knocked out each game until there was 8 people overall and then it was one game with one elimination per round.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
GT: Bishop024

I'll be there for sure.

Follow my world of gaming at
:

http://www.BishopsGamingWorld.com/
Old 10-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #10
J.Waddo

WaDiNhO x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. First Place   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Sign me up, WaDiNhO x360a

Looking forward to this one!

Old 10-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #11
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
AB-TC need to win this one to show were 100% skill.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
Pashos

Pashos x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Gold   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Third Place   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
GT: Pashos x360a

I'm definitely in this. Hopefully there will be a lot of people that actually show up.

152 100% Retail

22 100% Arcade
Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
J.Waddo

WaDiNhO x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. First Place   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
AB-TC need to win this one to show were 100% skill.
I'm sure that shouldn't be too difficult

Old 10-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #14
Simzo

Send a message via MSN to Simzo Send a message via Skype™ to Simzo

I Are Simon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm in, they are always good fun.

GT - Simba x360a

Old 10-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #15
Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

All four of us! Surely we can't lose.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #16
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
GT - Gackt x360a
Old 10-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #17
Steve50013

Send a message via MSN to Steve50013 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
My name is Steve, and my gamertag is Steve50013, you can send that trophy to my house and the money direct deposit.

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Old 10-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #18
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I suck at CoD multiplayer but I'll join.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:36 AM   #19
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve50013 View Post
May I propose a set of rules?

No Noob Tubes, No Claymores, No Nade death drop, No Helos.

They ruin the online experience. That is why I liked the dogs on W@W they were at least easy to kill.
The more rules you have, the harder it is to monitor and the more problems you have - although I agree about kinda putting a damper on the online experience.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:48 AM   #20
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter X 2007 View Post
The more rules you have, the harder it is to monitor and the more problems you have - although I agree about kinda putting a damper on the online experience.
Yea I deleted my post after giving it some thought and pwning everyone online :P The choppers aren't that bad once you have rockets.

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Old 10-11-2009, 05:06 AM   #21
Da CRU Mughhh

CRU x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
I'm in this one for sure, I own the game (not very good anymore) but will be fun to play with everybody

GT if you didn't know by now!
CRU x360a

<--Click to follow me on Twitter
Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #22
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Count me in.

GT: Madhatters13

These tournaments are always great fun.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
Old 10-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #23
DudeWithTheFace

Send a message via AIM to DudeWithTheFace Send a message via MSN to DudeWithTheFace

DudeWithTheFace's Gamercard

Awards Showcase PAX Meet 2010   Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Subscribers Tourn. First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Im in.

GT DudeWithTheFace

Click Me
Or Higher Res
And watch 'BOURNE HEREAFTER' or 'SMALL AVATAR SOLDIERS'!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:36 AM   #24
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

I'll be backing out of this one, just found out I have to work for part of the 18th and I'm not sure when. Good luck all!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:49 AM   #25
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Told you there is only enough room for 1 Steve

But too bad I can't beat you now

Old 10-14-2009, 03:19 AM   #26
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve50013 View Post
Told you there is only enough room for 1 Steve

But too bad I can't beat you now
If you don't win this with all the smack talk you've been throwing down, I'm going to make fun of you forever.

FOREVER! LOL!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:24 AM   #27
Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

It's a legitimate strategy!

The N+ tournament I was doing anti smack talk, I thought I sucked at that game... Seriously...

Old 10-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #28
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
GT - Gackt x360a
I wont be able to make it.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #29
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I wont be able to make it.
That sucks. Bad timing, or just something come up?

Old 10-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #30
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
That sucks. Bad timing, or just something come up?
I might be able to do it still, having money problems and I think I have to cancel my subscription for a while.
Closed Thread