PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Lode Runner
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #1
lucas1987

lucas1987's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Achievement Guide for Lode Runner

Gold Star 15
Complete the first stage of the 1P Journey

Just complete the first 5 levels of single player. The achievement will unlock after completing level 1-5. See also Golden Rule.

Gold, Mine 30
Complete the 1P Journey

There are a total of 80 levels. Once you beat level 16-5, you will get the achievement. To warn you, the game is very very frustrating, but not too hard. For tips, look Here and feel free to post questions.

Mother Lode 15
Collect 8 bronze medals in Hang On (main game)

On the main screen go to Single Player and go down to the option Hang On. There are a total of 8 levels and your goal on levels 1-4 is to collect 30 gold without dying and on levels 5-8 it is to collect 20 gold without dying. In Hang On mode, the enemies keep spawning every 10/11 seconds. Just focus on getting the 30 and then die.

Big Ore-Deal20
Complete 30 of the 1P Puzzles

Puzzle mode is also located in the Single Player option. There are a total of 50 puzzles but you only have to complete 30 of them. Here is a video walkthrough for the levels and here is a written guide for all 50 levels. Thanks to HotShotCMS for the video walkthoughs.

Double Up 15
Complete the first stage of the Co-op Journey

There are only 4 levels for each stage on Co-op instead of 5 levels like single player. Just work together with a friend and beat the first 4 levels for this achievement.

Double Down 30
Complete the Co-op Journey

Okay, here it is. The easiest way to do this achievement is to have someone who has beaten the last level in co-op host the game. They can host level 12-4 and invite you in. When you beat that level (the last level in co-op), you will get this achievement. The other way of getting it is to play all 12 stages in co-op which will take 15 hours or more.

Metal of Honor 10
Win 5 Last Man matches (original levels) on Xbox LIVE

On the Main Menu screen, click on Multiplayer and then Xbox Live. You can either host a Private Match and have a friend join, or host Public/Ranked and do it with random people. If you have a friend help you, it takes like 20 seconds to get 1 win. Once you get 5 wins, you're done.

Gold Rush 10
Collect 5000 pieces of gold

This achievement is just for collecting 5000 gold thoughout you're Single Player campaign, Co-op campaign, Puzzles, Last Man, and custom levels. If you're looking to get this in a hurry, go create your own level and make it have a spawn point, 50 gold, and an exit. You will have to create more than one platform with ladders to be able to put that much gold on, but that makes it the easiest way.

Treasure Hunter 15
Unearth 20 hidden enemies and steal their treasure

On every level of single player, there is a hidden enemy somewhere on the level. 80 levels, 80 hidden enemies. You only need to find 20 to get the achievement. After you reveal them, you have to trap them again and collect the diamond above their head. The easiest way to do this is to complete all levels in Stage 4 first. Once done, go back to level 1-1, shoot all blocks until you reveal the hidden enemy. Trap him, get the diamond, and then quit the level. The go to level 1-2 and repeat. This can be done in Free Play.

Blast Off 10
Without blasting, collect all gold and complete level 3-1 of the 1P Journey

Here is a video guide that will help you a lot. The main goal of this is to not let the enemies collect any gold. If they do, just restart because the only way to get the gold from them is to trap them, and it says not to for the achievement. Just try and collect all the gold without dying and then make your way to the exit for the achievement. Thanks to FreezeCrackerFun.

GLITCH: There is a glitch to help you get this easier. Start up your journey on 3-1 and collect the first piece of gold to your right, then quit. Start up a new journey on 1-1 and collect all the gold without blasting at all. Once you finish the level, this achievement will pop. Thanks to S1lent B Deadly for the find

Fool's Gold 15
Steal all gold from trapped enemies and complete level 3-1 of the 1P Journey

Here is the video for this achievement. For this one, its almost the opposite of the Blast Off achievement. The only way to collect gold for this achievement is to get the Yeti's to pick it up for you, then trap them and collect it off their heads. Make sure that you collect it while they are still there and not dead. Thanks to Tigermave.

Golden Rule 15
In a single game and without killing an enemy, complete the first stage of the 1P Journey

This one isn't too hard just make sure you don't kill any enemies in the first 5 levels of the game. The way to kill an enemy is to shoot a block way before the enemy gets there. When the enemy falls down the trap, the block comes back and kills the enemy....Avoid this at all cost. Try and collect most of the gold without trapping any enemies at all first. Most likely they will pick some up and you will have to trap them to get it, just make sure you set the trap right before they get to you. This also has to be done in Journey(levels 1-1 through 1-5) without getting a Game Over.

NOTE: WILL FINISH IN THE MORNING. HAVE TO GO TO WORK.

Retails to original 1000: 249
Arcade Games Completed: 300!!!!!

I was the first gamer in the world to have both 100 retails and 100 arcades complete...oh yeah

Last edited by lucas1987; 05-08-2009 at 02:52 AM.
lucas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
zimzvm

zimzvm's Gamercard
please, fix the links to youtube movies under Blast-Off and Fool's Gold achievements.
Big Ore-Deal links are to fix too.

other than that it's really good guide and very clear to me... so far ; ]

- Rob Flynn

Last edited by zimzvm; 04-29-2009 at 07:29 PM.
zimzvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
S1lent B Deadly

s1lent b deadly's Gamercard
There's a glitch to get Blast Off achievement without actually doing it.
I found out by accident as I would have done it legit.
I was attempting to do it legit, had collected a few gold pieces, didn't blast and pressed start and quit out.
I then started a new journey on 1-1 and did not blast while collecting gold. On the last piece I collected the achievement popped.
Anyone having trouble getting this should test this out and see if the results are reproducable or if it was just an anomaly.

Fantastic guide by the way.
I love this game.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #4
lucas1987

lucas1987's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1lent B Deadly View Post
There's a glitch to get Blast Off achievement without actually doing it.
I found out by accident as I would have done it legit.
I was attempting to do it legit, had collected a few gold pieces, didn't blast and pressed start and quit out.
I then started a new journey on 1-1 and did not blast while collecting gold. On the last piece I collected the achievement popped.
Anyone having trouble getting this should test this out and see if the results are reproducable or if it was just an anomaly.

Fantastic guide by the way.
I love this game.
very nice find. I collected 1 piece of gold on 3-1 and then quit. Went to New journey and as soon as i finished the level without blasting, it popped. kudos my friend

Retails to original 1000: 249
Arcade Games Completed: 300!!!!!

I was the first gamer in the world to have both 100 retails and 100 arcades complete...oh yeah
lucas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #5
S1lent B Deadly

s1lent b deadly's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas1987 View Post
very nice find. I collected 1 piece of gold on 3-1 and then quit. Went to New journey and as soon as i finished the level without blasting, it popped. kudos my friend
I feel like the man.

I found no mention of this on the internet at all.

I have discovered a glitch to benefit all mankind!!!! lol

TS: Thanks for giving me credit in the guide. The chances of me discovering anything else in this life are slim to none. Nice guide btw.

Last edited by S1lent B Deadly; 05-10-2009 at 06:03 AM.
S1lent B Deadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
Dany1981Mtl

Dancsi27's Gamercard
Talking

Because nobody is playing this game on XBL (or very few people), you can create a temporary account with XBL Gold permission (you get a 1 month gold trial for free for any new account created on the console). Then choose Multiplayer-Xbox Live and select either Private Match or Player Match, sign-in with the 2 Gold accounts (need 2 controllers obviously), set the round to 1 and simply win it. Repeat it 4 more times and the achievement is unlocked. The same trick/hint is working for the 2 co-op achievements. Let the other player dies and complete the whole journey alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas1987 View Post
Achievement Guide for Lode Runner

Metal of Honor 10
Win 5 Last Man matches (original levels) on Xbox LIVE

On the Main Menu screen, click on Multiplayer and then Xbox Live. You can either host a Private Match and have a friend join, or host Public/Ranked and do it with random people. If you have a friend help you, it takes like 20 seconds to get 1 win. Once you get 5 wins, you're done.

100% Completed games (including DLCs)

100% Win8 games: 8
100% WP7/8 games: 31
100% retail games: 46
100% XBLA games: 49
Dany1981Mtl is offline   Reply With Quote