PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Def Jam: Icon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
Little Lee

Little Lee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Gameplay: Like / Dis Like

See I actually enjoyed it. And I am sure it will become more enjoyable when you get the gameplay and controls all to memory.

Looks pretty as well
Little Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i thought the gameplay sucked. it was slow and choppy--no smooth combos or anything. but i did not know all of the controls, so maybe i was missing something. i do like how the right stick is used for grapples and throws and power swings. i also hate the lack of energy bars or special bars (are there even any special moves? that was the best part of Fight for NY). you do not know when you are almost dead.

the graphics get an A though. that is for certain.

it is very different from the previous two. maybe once i get used to it, i will be more accepting.
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #3
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaaady Souljah View Post
i also hate the lack of energy bars or special bars
When the screen starts flashing your opponent or you is almost dead. Also you can tell by looking at the charecter.
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #4
I N64 I MaRiO
Banned User

I N64 I MaRiO's Gamercard
when you rolled...it took like a full minute to actually get back up
i liked it although....even if the game was BAD i'd still like it...i LOVE the soundtrack..it suits my character
I N64 I MaRiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:25 AM   #5
Cause

Send a message via AIM to Cause Send a message via MSN to Cause Send a message via Yahoo to Cause

Ninersfan666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 4   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
I actually like the game a lot. I was a fan of the other 2 games. The best songs of the 2 games were STOMPTHESHIT by CNN and Mop and FOCUS by joe buddens (GOAT (j/k).

Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:53 AM   #6
Mingledon

BilkEmDanno's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBuckley
downloaded the Def Jam: Icon demo from XBL yesterday. The game looked really cool, and I was hopeful. It didn't quite live up to expectations, I'm sad to say. While the graphics are amazing, the controls are a bit loose and sloppy. The moves seem repetitive. And the line-up isn't all that stellar. Aside from Rusell Simmons and Big Boi, and maybe Redman, there are no artists in the game I like. Where's our Nasty Nas, our Roots? Or better yet, where's our Common, De La Sould, and Tribe Called Quest? Not on Def Jam, I know, but still that's a game I would play.

On the flip side, I enjoy the concept of smashing someone like "Lil' John's" face in. But it's hard to really judge the game from one stage, on a crappy time limit, and only two fighters. But I wasn't overly impressed.

I did like how messed up the fighters and the stage got as the fight wore on though. And did I mentioned how great the graphics were?

(His Comic about it: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070210)
I haven't played it, but by what Tim Buckley says- I already don't like it. We have highly similar tastes. Heh.
Mingledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #7
Monk Monk 06

Young Caown's Gamercard
if they dont have the cool specials i dont think im interested, it seems like they took the fun out of it to make it more realistic, so no super flashy finishers, i hope they are in it...
Monk Monk 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:30 AM   #8
KilluhKam
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk Monk 06 View Post
if they dont have the cool specials i dont think im interested, it seems like they took the fun out of it to make it more realistic, so no super flashy finishers, i hope they are in it...
sorry for resurrcting an old thread, but im glad they dont...this game imo is WAY BETTER then the first one (havnt played fight for NY, but after watching G4TV this seems way better then that one as well) i really enjoyed the game and im additced to it, so far i have 29 out of 37 achievements in the game in 3 days! (i count today as i got the last 2 secrect achievements not long ago)

the only complaints i have is when you kick/punch someone where they are blocking, you go really slow.

the AI seems to throw you into the speakers every freakin time they grab you (which is almost every time they attack )

then you get knocked down it takes you for ever to get up.

those are the only 3 complaints i have with the game but ill eventually get used to them (but hopefully they'll fix em with an update or something )
KilluhKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
ClaussenJuice

Send a message via AIM to ClaussenJuice Send a message via Skype™ to ClaussenJuice

ClaussenJuice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
One thing that I don't understand about this game is why does the color change all the time. Sometimes it will look normal, sometimes it will be kinda blue, sometimes yellowish, and I've even seen black and white. It's been driving me insane trying to figure out why it changes. Is there a reason for this?
ClaussenJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
KilluhKam
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaussenJuice View Post
One thing that I don't understand about this game is why does the color change all the time. Sometimes it will look normal, sometimes it will be kinda blue, sometimes yellowish, and I've even seen black and white. It's been driving me insane trying to figure out why it changes. Is there a reason for this?
when the music changes the color sometimes (if not always) will change...lets say "We Fly High" is your opponents song....and you do the DJ thing and change it to your song...the color will change.

it dosnt really bother me, im ust to it and i kinda like it.
KilluhKam is offline   Reply With Quote