PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Axel & Pixel
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nice game

I just loaded this game and played for about 1 hour now. Seems like an easy and fun 200.. the bone collecting achievement doesn't seem to be a problem since you can go back to earlier levels and collect the missing ones.

But I don't know about the 42k points achievement..

But anyway, this game is well designed and absolutely worth the 800 points. Give it a shot. : )

And by the way, push BACK at the beginning of every level, a golden star indicates whether an item can be found in the level (tubes, bones, pictures).

Edit: Just in case anybody has problems with the pipe puzzle, here's how it looks in the end:

http://www.t0b3.de/Misc/Dsc00219.jpg

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011

Last edited by T0b3; 10-14-2009 at 01:54 PM.
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
I agree. It's a sort of relaxing game to play and the graphics are really artistic. The music's good too. I've just got to the end of the spring levels. Definately worth 800 points. These XBLA games just keep getting better
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I agree. Great game to just relax to. Very pretty and artistic, as well.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ive played the likes of MonkeyIsland, Sam+Max Seasons 1+2 and W+G recently and as theyre ALL point and click type games I wanted to ask those that have played it if you think Id enjoy this as much as the others.....
...... opinion please =D
Old 10-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
I love old school adventures (including the ones you mentioned). Just got this based on the trial and I love it. It's not too hard and there are some arcade sequences that are fun. So if you like adventures, yeah you will probably like this.
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinadine76 View Post
Ive played the likes of MonkeyIsland, Sam+Max Seasons 1+2 and W+G recently and as theyre ALL point and click type games I wanted to ask those that have played it if you think Id enjoy this as much as the others.....
...... opinion please =D
It's probably easier than all those you mentioned. Although I haven't actually played Sam & Max, but I've played Monkey Island & W&G. It's usually fairly easy to work out what you've got to do next, but it's a fun, quirky little game. In some levels you have little puzzles, like constructing a pyramid. There are also hidden collectables within most levels (a level is basically one screen). There are 20 bones to find, 8 coloured paints and things to draw. Plus there are three mini games, a driving one, a hot air balloon one and a boat one which are quite fun. The graphics and music are very nice. It probably won't take too long to complete, but I'm three quarters of the way through and I didn't get all the hidden stuff 1st time, so there's reason to play through levels again. I'd say it's probably worth the 800 points all in all.
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
DarkestHour00

DarkestHour00's Gamercard
Just got all 200 points and I must say I really enjoyed the game. It was a little short and pretty easy but I loved the art style. Plus it was just a fun relaxing game to play though.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
The Destroyernatorer

TBS Mulder's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah I've only played the first 12 chapters so far, but I've already done the balloon minigame for 10000 points and the first track of the car one and I have to say the minigames are very addictive. The car one is like Trials HD, which i love. The only problems I have are that some of the solutions are silly; as the best adventure games make you go "Ohhhh that's how you do it, that makes sense" whereas this sometimes makes you say "Hmmm... Yeah... How was I meant to know that?". Also for such a relaxed and artsy game I wonder why they included QTEs? So far they're easy but they can take you by surprise and it just doesn't fit the pace of the game.

Otherwise the art style is unique and a bit Tim Burton-esque; very cool. I picked this over lucidity and SPLGTDP and I don't regret it, it is more original than south park and not as frustrating as lucidity. So far I'd give it a solid 8/10, for those on the fence people who cannot compute opinions without some kind of score lol

Last edited by The Destroyernatorer; 10-16-2009 at 02:42 PM.
The Destroyernatorer is offline   Reply With Quote