PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Brutal Legend
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #61
Dahaka

Dahaka's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einchy View Post
I can't seem to get the Beast Master achievement. I have gotten on all the animals (multiple times). Is there something I have to while I'm riding them? :/
You must be missing a rideable beast.

First thing I've got to ask is if you have gotten most of the way through the game. That said, assuming you have, make sure you've ridden the panthers, the mammoths, the ghostish horses, and the guillotine monsters - also you'll need to have ridden the razorfire boars, tollusks (the big spiky things in the first areas) and raptor elk.
Dahaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:41 AM   #62
SupremeRapier

Send a message via AIM to SupremeRapier Send a message via MSN to SupremeRapier

SupremeRapier's Gamercard
and dont forget the big fire breathing hairy cat/bears either :P
SupremeRapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #63
Voidist

Voidist's Gamercard
Also, they can't be summoned creatures either they have to be wild. I couldn't figure out at first how to get the large beasts in a trance. Then I realized that I had to hit them multiple times with electric attacks with the guitar.
Voidist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #64
blackmetal241

punchaszeurface's Gamercard
For the fire tribute achievement, I'd like to add that it stacks with multiple playthroughs. I played on normal first with about 2500ish tributes and then I unlocked the achievement while collecting dragons and doing side missions after getting the headbangers on my new brutal playthrough.
blackmetal241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #65
NyCEE

I want to ask about the hunter missions achievement:
is it glithced? Beacuse i think i've completed every hunt mission (i just finished the "looks like a mammuth") and the achievements didn't unlock...
NyCEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #66
J1nXxX

The Jinxors's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCEE View Post
I want to ask about the hunter missions achievement:
is it glithced? Beacuse i think i've completed every hunt mission (i just finished the "looks like a mammuth") and the achievements didn't unlock...
Go back to the first location where you meet the hunter and talk to him, it will unlock after that. If he is not there reboot the game and it will be fixed.

Its on the first page of the thread also
Old 10-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #67
NyCEE

Oh, thanks.
I read the first page some timesa ago but didn't remembered it.
NyCEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #68
Einchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahaka View Post
You must be missing a rideable beast.

First thing I've got to ask is if you have gotten most of the way through the game. That said, assuming you have, make sure you've ridden the panthers, the mammoths, the ghostish horses, and the guillotine monsters - also you'll need to have ridden the razorfire boars, tollusks (the big spiky things in the first areas) and raptor elk.
Yeah, I have riding all of them. :[
Does it matter if they are wild or if I summon them? Because the only times I've ridden the Tollusks where when I summoned them.

[edit]

Looks like Voidist already answered that. Thanks!
Einchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #69
Dahaka

Dahaka's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeRapier View Post
and dont forget the big fire breathing hairy cat/bears either :P
Those being a unit and not a beast, I'm not sure they count. They arent in the creatures concept art section
Old 10-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #70
J1nXxX

The Jinxors's Gamercard
Quote:
Those being a unit and not a beast, I'm not sure they count. They arent in the creatures concept art section
You cant ride the fire breathing cat/bears . They do not count towards the achievement
Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #71
Dahaka

Dahaka's Gamercard
@Barbaric

OK some additions to the guide. Mostly this stuff is the collected knowledge gathered elsewhere, with some trial and error thrown in.

Sellout - Easy achievement, it is cumulative over all game modes including custom, ai battles, campaign, and matchmaking. The stats screen in the campaign tracks the cumulative statistic if you are ever curious as to how far you have left to go. To get this relatively easily, you can just spam create units in a custom battle with no AI or human players, on the feeding area map, with a rally set next to the monster in the middle. NOTE - queuing units, then canceling them, does NOT up your fans spent count. you have to actually produce the unit. I have tested this.

Death from Above - This achievement involves summoning a bleeding death. Two ways to do it, boosting it is easy if you can find another player to do it with you - just have them fill a spot with cheap units. If you want to SOLO this, do an ai battle on feeding area against IRONHEAD, easiest difficulty, and let them build as much shit as they want and take all the resource points - focus on upgrading your shit and keep a small defense force in your base, they shouldnt attack. When you get bleeding death tech, just drop it in their base, they SHOULD have enough numbers to get the achievement, since they will build what you kill fast enough, and they usually build units with large numbers in them.

Painkiller - as above, boosting this is easy with another player. If you want to do it solo, use the same method mentioned above except play against the tainted coil or drowning doom (obviously), and keep 2 of the healing motorcycle units on follow when you do the double team. NOTE - painkiller is given for running over units with the front end of the grinder, NOT using the special attack.

Euthanasia - Again, same as the above two, same map, and choose Ironhead faction as your opponent (they build the most large numbers) and easiest difficulty. Concentrate on tech and nothing else, let the ai take the resource points, then just drive over there to where you are just in range with thespecial attack and toss it out there, when in the middle of the ai's inevitable large group, make the ball explode by pressing "A" and bam, achieved. Also boostable if desired.

CONQUEROR - okay, obviously this achievement is a bit tougher than the others because it relies on one of three things - dumb luck, skill, and/or endurance. However I'll lay down the strat I used to get my 50 wins legitimately, or the basics of it. Once I figured this strat out, I went 40 wins, 0 losses all the way to 50.

NOTE - I did try boosting this, in a 3 person group with another 3 person group, and it was an utter failure/waste of time. Matchmaking did not cooperate and we didnt get a single win. lol@15 or so losses though. Results boosting may vary.

My strat - I started with the ironhead faction. Key things to note - disrupting the enemy is, at least right now, often the key to victory. Being able to multitask and efficiently command your army while you are fucking with the opponents hero/units/etc is absolutely necessary to consistently win. Even damaging enemy units with lightning and powerslides, and not killing them, goes a long long way. My strat basically involved capping one resource point really fast, usually one midfield if there were multiple options, building only a headbanger group, a ranged group, and a healer, and fucking with the enemy hardcore. Upgrading to tech level 2 asap, building vehicles, and zerging the base. Speed is success here, but this strat will win you games. Things that made victory sure is getting hero kills (50 extra fans goes a long way toward tech research).

Key points
-Harass the enemy
-Take one resource node FAST
-Zerg the base as soon as you can produce vehicles
-Buff your troops on cooldown when they are doing anything at all (attacking nodes, attacking the base, defending, being attacked, etc)

Again, I can't insist enough that disrupting or distracting the opposing hero character is absolutely necessary while maintaining unit production and direction yourself. If you can handle that, you can win. You might not win 40 in a row, but you will get your legit 50 fast enough.

Note against tainted coil opponents - the tainted coil are seriously OP if you let them build their shit, but fortunately, you can hamstring them by killing their construction units (battle nuns, etc) - remember that killing one or two nuns is that 75-150 fans lost on his side, not to mention at least a minute or two worth of him noticing, rebuilding, requeuing, etc

Oh and for the solo kill achievements, my justification of preferring ironhead, then drowning doom, then tainted coil when choosing ai opponent. on easy, the ai tends to build lots of ranged units, and ironheades basic ranged has 4 units in it. drowning doom is second pick because many of their units are small and easy to run over/hit with double team attacks, etc - tainted coil units get big really fast.

Ambush mission tip - another strategy for those is to immediately play call of the wild, then play the buff, then play bring it home (if you have it), then run into any ranged groups of enemies and play facemelter

Last edited by Dahaka; 10-16-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #72
Syrette

rolemodel86's Gamercard
As I asked in another thread, can you still get difficulty cheevos if you switch difficulty mid-game?
Syrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #73
BarbaricGoose

Richard Bastion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sorry for the lack of updates, folks.

My internet's been extremely slowly as of late, and I've still no idea why. Looks to be clearing up, though.

BarbaricGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #74
Laronvas

Laronvas's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1083 View Post
Ok screw that video for the 5 second hang time. Just tried it 6-8 times, and twice I exploded in midair, and the others I made it all the way down and didn't get it

Maybe its because I am far into it and have an upgraded car, I dunno.
It was like my 3rd achievement..no deuce upgrades.

The best place I found to do it early was right where the bassist/healer's base is. (before or after the spider fight)

Just back up toward his entrance area. you'll see an elevated earthy ramp around the logs that have a sparkplug jump (left if your vehicle is facing the cliff)

You can basically hit the earthen ramp (not even full speed) and soar down to the beach area.

I got super lucky the first time and actually jumped over the area where I was trying to launch from giving myself an extra second of airtime....I probably got a good 6 seconds+ from the jump.
Laronvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #75
NightxShadowxNW

Send a message via AIM to NightxShadowxNW Send a message via Yahoo to NightxShadowxNW

NIGHT SHAD0W NW's Gamercard
nice

dude this help out so much
NightxShadowxNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #76
rabies

Teamlead Taco's Gamercard
Quote:
@Barbaric

Death from Above - This achievement involves summoning a bleeding death. Two ways to do it, boosting it is easy if you can find another player to do it with you - just have them fill a spot with cheap units. If you want to SOLO this, do an ai battle on feeding area against IRONHEAD, easiest difficulty, and let them build as much shit as they want and take all the resource points - focus on upgrading your shit and keep a small defense force in your base, they shouldnt attack. When you get bleeding death tech, just drop it in their base, they SHOULD have enough numbers to get the achievement, since they will build what you kill fast enough, and they usually build units with large numbers in them.
OK...what am I doing wrong? I tried this tactic to get several of the achievements that require mass kills...however, unlike in your game(s) the AI refuses to build more than 1, maybe 2 unit types at a time..it never masses any kind of army. it has all 3 resource points..and I wait for what seems forever, and the AI eddie just sits by his base surrounded by either his first group of razor girls or his first group of headbangers (if they died in the center thing). No matter how long I wait (over 1/2 hour 1 game), he never amasses any kind of army. WTF? I've tried this 3 times. If I attack him he tends to build a bit more, but never over 15 units.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #77
SupremeRapier

Send a message via AIM to SupremeRapier Send a message via MSN to SupremeRapier

SupremeRapier's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabies View Post
OK...what am I doing wrong? I tried this tactic to get several of the achievements that require mass kills...however, unlike in your game(s) the AI refuses to build more than 1, maybe 2 unit types at a time..it never masses any kind of army. it has all 3 resource points..and I wait for what seems forever, and the AI eddie just sits by his base surrounded by either his first group of razor girls or his first group of headbangers (if they died in the center thing). No matter how long I wait (over 1/2 hour 1 game), he never amasses any kind of army. WTF? I've tried this 3 times. If I attack him he tends to build a bit more, but never over 15 units.
I'm having the same problem, he only sticks with his first 2 units and refuses to build anymore
SupremeRapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #78
BarbaricGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeRapier View Post
I'm having the same problem, he only sticks with his first 2 units and refuses to build anymore
Check my updated guide to the achievement in the.. Er.. Guide.

It worked like a charm for me, but it took about 30 minutes.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #79
ubermensch2007

DaftBeowulf's Gamercard
I was having the same problem, but I turned the AI up to normal and got it my first try. (only on Bleeding Death, I'm still working on Euthanasia and Rockcrusher ones) If the setting's too low, he refuses to build units or attack, but at higher difficulties he likes to spawn nothing but vehicles as soon as he uprgrades the stage, which makes it tough to get 15 or more in a group. Normal seems to be the middle ground, more or less.

tip for the Bleeding Death: summon it slightly away from their base towards the worm thing and it will run over to them. If you do it right next to the enemy stage it might start attacking either the stage or merch booth, and that might waste enough time for the thing to keel over. Or it might destroy the stage and you have to start over.
ubermensch2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #80
rabies

OK..after experimenting and letting the AI go on the easiest difficulty, i have noticed that what he builds tends to rely complete on what units YOU build. If you build nothing, as I did several times, he sticks with his first group and pretty much builds nothing else. If you build a bunch of your infantry units, he will respond in kind by building about 4 sets of razor girls..
Old 10-16-2009, 11:24 PM   #81
BarbaricGoose

Gonna be reformatting the guide in a moment. So, you'll probably see duplicate achievements.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:11 AM   #82
Dahaka

Dahaka's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabies View Post
OK..after experimenting and letting the AI go on the easiest difficulty, i have noticed that what he builds tends to rely complete on what units YOU build. If you build nothing, as I did several times, he sticks with his first group and pretty much builds nothing else. If you build a bunch of your infantry units, he will respond in kind by building about 4 sets of razor girls..
Yeah that is something I must not have mentioned.

I built my forces up, in cheap infantry/ranged, and left just enough room to build whatever unit i was trying to get an achievement with. i was doing a lot of typing early in the morning, so, it figures i would have left something out.

truth be told most of those are just less stressful when done with a partner. i got most of mine solo, but since then i've helped a handful of people get theirs and honestly it is so much less painful to just boost them (the helper really just needs to be conscious enough in the game to spam build cheap units every few minutes, while the achiever does whatever he needs to do)
Old 10-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #83
mortikia
Banned User

Mortikia's Gamercard
Sellout 30
Spent 250,000 fans - any mode.

Fans are Brutal Legend's token building resource. Every unit costs fans. Fans are generated by building Merch Booths over Geysers. To build a Merch Booth over a Geyser, destroy the giant worm thing attached to said Geyser, hold to bring up the solo menu, and select Fan Tribute. The Geyser must be under your control(Glowing green) in order build a Merch Booth. If it's red, that means it's under enemy control. Kill the enemies around the Geyser until it turns green.

You only have access to fans during stage battles. So buy hard, folks!

This is cumulative.
--------------------------------------------------------------
My tip for those who want this semi fast;
Load up AI Practice in the multiplayer screen
Choose the doom team for you, and fight against ironhead on most gentle difficulty on the map pleasure gardens.

- start off spawing a few people
- once they spawn instantly try taking over as many fan spots as possible
- once you have those (should have all of them probly except 2 in his base) start upgrading your stage
- try to get a level 3 stage but have enough people spawned to protect your fans
- once you have level 3, buy a tree, and 5 reapers
- keep the 5 repears and the tree right on top of the first flight of stairs at ironheads base so they dont attack the stage and they will stop enimies from going towards you.
- next do the flag solo right in the center of the map
- now start spawing as many kamakzis as possible (baby's)
- when they get to the center of the map just do the double team moves with them and they will kill themselves allowing you to create more
**every 100 minutes you can get about 55,000 fans spent**

hope that helped
mortikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #84
Dahaka

Dahaka's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortikia View Post
My tip for those who want this semi fast;
Load up AI Practice in the multiplayer screen
Choose the doom team for you, and fight against ironhead on most gentle difficulty on the map pleasure gardens.

- start off spawing a few people
- once they spawn instantly try taking over as many fan spots as possible
- once you have those (should have all of them probly except 2 in his base) start upgrading your stage
- try to get a level 3 stage but have enough people spawned to protect your fans
- once you have level 3, buy a tree, and 5 reapers
- keep the 5 repears and the tree right on top of the first flight of stairs at ironheads base so they dont attack the stage and they will stop enimies from going towards you.
- next do the flag solo right in the center of the map
- now start spawing as many kamakzis as possible (baby's)
- when they get to the center of the map just do the double team moves with them and they will kill themselves allowing you to create more
**every 100 minutes you can get about 55,000 fans spent**

hope that helped
that is one way to do it, but it is probably significantly less tedious to load up a custom battle with no ai and no human opponent on the same map. same idea, but you don't have to worry about enemies, and therefore have more fan nodes and build slots to do what you need to do.

oh and, if this isn't extremely obvious, it's probably best for those going for speed to do all the other achievements first, then sellout (ie, after winning 50 games) - 50 games won got me around 150k fans spent, or some such
Old 10-17-2009, 12:50 AM   #85
rabies

Quote:
@Barbaric

My strat - I started with the ironhead faction. Key things to note - disrupting the enemy is, at least right now, often the key to victory. Being able to multitask and efficiently command your army while you are fucking with the opponents hero/units/etc is absolutely necessary to consistently win. Even damaging enemy units with lightning and powerslides, and not killing them, goes a long long way. My strat basically involved capping one resource point really fast, usually one midfield if there were multiple options, building only a headbanger group, a ranged group, and a healer, and fucking with the enemy hardcore. Upgrading to tech level 2 asap, building vehicles, and zerging the base. Speed is success here, but this strat will win you games. Things that made victory sure is getting hero kills (50 extra fans goes a long way toward tech research).

Key points
-Harass the enemy
-Take one resource node FAST
-Zerg the base as soon as you can produce vehicles
-Buff your troops on cooldown when they are doing anything at all (attacking nodes, attacking the base, defending, being attacked, etc)

Again, I can't insist enough that disrupting or distracting the opposing hero character is absolutely necessary while maintaining unit production and direction yourself. If you can handle that, you can win. You might not win 40 in a row, but you will get your legit 50 fast enough.

Note against tainted coil opponents - the tainted coil are seriously OP if you let them build their shit, but fortunately, you can hamstring them by killing their construction units (battle nuns, etc) - remember that killing one or two nuns is that 75-150 fans lost on his side, not to mention at least a minute or two worth of him noticing, rebuilding, requeuing, etc
LOL..so last night I tried a multiplayer match for the first time..and the person I went against pretty much did this...so when I read this part of your post, i looked at my recent players list..and lo and behold it was YOU who handed me my ass in my very first game online. Thanks! I thought it was extremely unfair that my first game I got matched up with somebody who had like 45+ win and a trueskill rating of around 25 or so!

..all i remember thinking was..how the fuck did he get vehicles so fast! ..and i completely forgot about the free units you get using call of the wild...
Old 10-17-2009, 03:19 AM   #86
Syrette

rolemodel86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by machonach0 View Post
What does it mean by "The Deuce is the last buried metal?" I found all 23 buried metals, but I have no idea what that means. If someone could please help, this has been driving me crazy.
Unless I am mistaken there are 24 buried metals, the first of which is the Deuce.
Syrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:22 AM   #87
asdf123

You will NOT get the difficulty achievements when changing during the game, I seen many have asked this, I changed to normal during a stage battle and switched back and did not get Brutal.
asdf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #88
squid5580

thanx4tehfish's Gamercard
For the Quill Tosser ach there is an easy way to get it so you don't need to worry about your guys attacking them. Do it before you see Lars for the first time. It does get a bit annoying because the chick does not shut up with her "get moving" BS (and that is why God made a mute button). Just keep away from the big critter so she doesn't attack it. And follow it til it gets hooked up in trees.

Thanks for the guide.

squid5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #89
obxsurfer86

I got the 5 second jump achievement in the jungle during the 2nd race with Fleatus. Basically what happened is while going around a curve (cliff area for those wondering) I got bumped off and just fell for what seemed like days... Figured I'd let you guys know as you might be able to do the same thing just much more intentional.
obxsurfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #90
Homakruz

Lord Kruz's Gamercard
I have a question.

Does the equipment in the forge count towards completion percentage?

I didn't read this at first and I thought paint jobs and mount rockmore effigies counted toward the upgrade achievement.
Now I am stuck at the end of the game with 99% and 260 fire tribute, 60 short from buying the last axe upgrade.
I still have concept art left to get, I am just hoping I won't have to do another completion run, or another run at all.

Star Ocean: LTH (41/50 - 790/1000)

BTs - 717/900 (As of 7/17) <- Coincidence ;D
Edge - 86 | Reimi - 80 | Faize - 100 | Lymle - 78
Bacchus - 76 | Meracle - 68 | Sarah - 70
Myuria - 69 | Arumat - 90
Homakruz is offline   Reply With Quote