PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Sonic Unleashed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
NickMH

NickMH's Gamercard
This Game Is Crap

Ive always been a big fan of the orginals, but this game is awful. Please dont put yourself through this game, The Gameplay is bad, the characters are lame(corny dialogue at all times) (Trust Me Its Much better when the characters didnt talk like in the classics) Sonic Seems very immature in this game, im embarassed to even have a sonic action figure on display now after playing this miserable game. Also this game is full of glitches and overall id give it a 3.2 out of 10. Also not to mention the stupid "scene" music at the ending credits it sounded like some lame fall out boy tune. DONT EVEN PLAY THIS FOR Achievements because its pretty hard to even get a few quick ones
NickMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It sure is aweful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
in my opinion its one of the better ones since he went 3d

my only complaints are the hubworlds and everything that entails

i love the day stages and the werehog stages are fun but i would have prefered that they didnt exist

and the achieves arent hard lol
AVP

Arcade Games Boosting
splosion man
metal slug 3 & dx
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChArG1nMaLAZ0R View Post
in my opinion its one of the better ones since he went 3d

my only complaints are the hubworlds and everything that entails

i love the day stages and the werehog stages are fun but i would have prefered that they didnt exist

and the achieves arent hard lol
How obtainable is the full 1000 and approximately how long?

gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
HellCatNZ

ShadowCatNZ's Gamercard
hard. Very hard. a long time
Finished:Fable2,The Force unleashed,CSI,Lego Indy,Lego Batman,UNO,Wallace and Gromit #1,Terminator Salvation,Dash of Destruction,Assassin's Creed,Sonic3,S&K,Assassin's Creed 2,Lego Star Wars complete saga,MW2,Halo3,Wolverine,Lego Indy 2,ODST, Tron,MassEffect,AC3
HellCatNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #6
Berto0391

Berto0391's Gamercard
It's better then Sonic 06. It's not that bad only the Werhog levels also the freaking medal collection want me want to stop playing.
Berto0391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:58 AM   #7
Ranger Custom92

Ranger Custom92's Gamercard
I got this game for $15 new and I still feel like I got ripped off...
Ranger Custom92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
Dr0kz

dr0kz's Gamercard
Hmm i liked it, if it wasn't for the dreadfull HUB world it would've made quite a nice sonic game. Perhaps even the best 3D Sonic

Dr0kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:25 AM   #9
Mirrors Shatter

Victor5353's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr0kz View Post
Hmm i liked it, if it wasn't for the dreadfull HUB world it would've made quite a nice sonic game. Perhaps even the best 3D Sonic
False.
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is the best 3D Sonic game of all time.
Mirrors Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
sonicboy793

Send a message via AIM to sonicboy793

A Red Rabbit's Gamercard
this game is awesome wtf are you talking about
Old 07-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #11
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboy793 View Post
this game is awesome wtf are you talking about
Well, Yahtzee pretty much sums it up: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...onic-Unleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #12
Groudon199

Groudon199's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
Well, Yahtzee pretty much sums it up: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...onic-Unleashed
"...ripping off God of War"

One thing I'm tired of hearing is people saying anything Sonic "ripped off" another game franchise. So because one game did it, another franchise can NEVER do anything even remotely similar to that one?

"They also use that obsolete ****ing lives system."

That's... a bad thing? Personally, I think that's a good thing, because if you die near the end of the level, you usually won't have to start the entire level again (plus it's a bit difficult to run out of lives in this game).
Groudon199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #13
urbandemon

urbandemon34's Gamercard
sum up how bad reviews can be
urbandemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:26 AM   #14
Icebolt Neji

Icebolt Neji's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrors Shatter View Post
False.
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is the best 3D Sonic game of all time.
I have to agree with you there. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was the best Sonic game I have ever played and I've been with the series for about 10 years. As for Sonic Unleashed some parts of it were difficult but overall my rating would be about 8/10.
Icebolt Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #15
Menzeldinho

Menzeldinho's Gamercard
Just bought this game, heard good things about the sonic levels but no so much about the werehog levels
Menzeldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #16
Decabo

Decabo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
Dude, no. Yahtzee says that the best part of Sonic Unleashed was the Werehog portions. He's pretty much the only person in the world who thinks that.
Decabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #17
Dale Norris

Send a message via MSN to Dale Norris

Dale Norris 25's Gamercard
so don't like this game i got it for my wife and she got stuck so asked me to help well what a let down don't care if i don't get full gamer score on this such a wast of my time and cash
Dale Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #18
Chuckb84

Balrogfan's Gamercard
I dont hate this game.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #19
XxSamuraiHeroxX

XxSamuraiHeroxX's Gamercard
honestly the game isnt terrible but for an acievement hunter like me spending all my coins so chip can become better friends with is way time consuming an d why does soinc have to find boots to go sertian places
XxSamuraiHeroxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 AM   #20
Decabo

Decabo's Gamercard
Even after getting all the achievements for this game, which requires you to play every level 10+ times, I still find this game incredibly enjoyable. Day stages are outstanding, and the werehog, while definitely feeling out of place in a Sonic game, is at the very least a decent platformer with surprisingly deep combat.
Ninja Gaiden 2, Vanquish, Lost Planet, Sonic Unleashed, Mass Effect 1-3, Alpha Protocol, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Dragon Age: Origins, Sonic The Hedghog (2006), Sonic Generations, Eternal Sonata, Tomb Raider Legend, Tomb Raider Underworld, Resident Evil 5, Halo Reach, Fight Night Round 3, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty 2, Bioshock, Star Wars: TFU, Prince of Persia: TFS, Terminator Salvation, King Kong.
Decabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #21
Nerotic Shadows

Nerotic Shadows's Gamercard
As long as you're not looking for another game in the Mega Drive/Genesis style, or a game AS varied as both Adventure games were, it's a super enjoyable platformer with button mashy combat in the Werehog levels! Occasionally, bad cameras and awkard jumps in the werehog levels can be fustrating, but I'd say it's definately worth picking up for something different on the 360 :P
Old 06-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #22
Sampson

Now that, Sir, is what you would call an OPINION. No one is entitled to your opinion. Quite honestly, I'm sick of these threads where users post their rages about the games on the forums. It's really unnecessary, and quite frankly, annoying. Look at the games positive points. I bet that there were parts of it where you were had a quick laugh and, dare I say it, a lot of fun. I know I did when I played this game. The Sonic genres are games of speed. This game delivered. There were parts where there was...speed. I mean, sure when you're a Were-hog then you aren't going that fast but it offers a change of pace, something a little different.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #23
JonathanXS

JonathanXS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decabo View Post
Dude, no. Yahtzee says that the best part of Sonic Unleashed was the Werehog portions. He's pretty much the only person in the world who thinks that.
Night levels were basically "spam X/Y to win for 10-20 minutes", otherwise I would have no complaints at all, even if it was just a bit shorter.

Isn't he usually against that kind of thing though?
JonathanXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #24
Yukikaze

It all comes down to what the person in question likes and dislikes. If you like blinding speed into random hard to see objects then Hedgehog is best, if you like button mashing, hack and slash based action then werehog is best.
Yukikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #25
Young Tobias

Young Tobias's Gamercard
I almost snapped the disk in half and I've barely even started it. However, the Sonic stages are decent enough that I'm going to try my hardest to perservere through the horrendous Werehog stages. I managed to finish Sonic The Hedgehog (2006), though I only played through the story and didn't attempt any of the other achievements as it was too painful. This isn't that level of crap gameplay-wise, but it's very frustrating.
Young Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:45 AM   #26
Masakari

Masakari666's Gamercard
I started out thinking, ok, the Werehog parts are super boring and have no place in a Sonic game, but the day stages are cool. But the more I play, the less I like the game. It's simply broken.

Most of the day stages dangle the 2D carrot in front of the player, but comprise of mainly 3rd person sections where one mistake gets you killed.

It's absolutely ridiculous to make an imprecise 3rd person platformer with a very fast character and have entire levels built over bottomless pits or instakill water with little to no side barriers / buffers or second chances to recover. Combined with an erratic homing mechanic and a subpar camera, you get a game with occasional glimpses of greatness, but which is overall pretty bad and very frustrating.

For the life of me, I just can't understand why Sega / Sonic Team insist on doing these "modern Sonic" sections / games. Sonic just doesn't work in full 3rd person 3D, the best you can get is stuff like the Apotos (demo level) Act 2, because they barely have bottomless pits and the level design is good, but I'd still prefer to play the entire level as a side scroller. The added axis of movement doesn't do anything of value to the game. When it works it's ok, when it doesn't (which is most of the time) it's an absolute nightmare.

I love Sonic, I really do, and sometimes the fanbase is just insane (cue Sonic 4 and "oh the shoes are 5% bigger than they should, nerdraaaaage"), but these games are crap - Sonic 2006, Sonic Unleashed, they're just bad games.

Makes me sad, what with the Sonic Generations demo being awesome. I already know I'm gonna dislike half the game, the modern Sonic sections. They should have just made the entire game a side scroller.

Masakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #27
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
I think the whole line of "Werehog gameplay has no place in a Sonic game" as ironic.

The werehog is a platforming style. Sonic is all about platforming. And KTE in Sonic Adventure/Sonic Adventure 2 had rudimentry beat'em up style combat that focused on looking around rather than racing around.

If people opened their eyes they'd see the Werehog is the evolution of KTE's gameplay. In fact I hear a lot of people would have liked the Werehog if it was KTE, since a character model is a game breaker apparently.

But the real point is that SEGA decides what has a place in a Sonic game. Not us.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #28
JRDN762

JRDN762's Gamercard
The game was alright I guess, I could do without the Night time stages.
JRDN762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #29
M a r k Xlll

M a r k Xlll's Gamercard
Yeah, it's hard. It's boring. It's stupid. It took me two years to actually beat the first level..
M a r k Xlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #30
eBrony

Earogenous pwnz's Gamercard
To each his own. Despite all the hate for this game, I personally found it to be very enjoyable. The daytime stages were a blast to play and the Hedgehog Engine showed vast improvements in the mechanics from StH06. The Werehog stages added a welcomed change of pace from the day time stages and worked well as its own separate platforming element. The one thing I could have done without is the Werehog Battle Theme, especially considering how good the music is for the night time stages. The game does have its flaws, but to call it "crap" seems excessive.
eBrony is offline   Reply With Quote