Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Plaski

plaskacz's Gamercard
Easier/Better Class?

When i watch guids etc. everybody seems to play with hunter.
And some of them even dont use snipes but regular smgs.
Is hunter better than rest, fun to play or just ppl like snipers ?

I'am playing with soldier but his turret isn't very helpful to me, eagle seems to be a lot better.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
epikool

jcostylez's Gamercard
Hmm I can't really answer your question, but I must say that I actually like the turret. I'm only lvl 17, but I have picked the skill that heals and replenishes ammo and it's pretty sweet.
epikool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
Dahaka

Dahaka's Gamercard
I've played each class far enough to get the action skill achievement (and two of them much further than that)

So far, all of the action skills seem pretty good. Especially once they get artifact upgrades.
Dahaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I use Lilith. She destroys. I love her Phasewalk.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I knew from jump I'll go Rogue- I'm a loot minded kind of guy in every game I play.

The bonuses are where its at for me with the hunter. I don't have the balls to be a Tank or Supportive. DD FTW
MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
captain host

secoyaaa's Gamercard
Bloodwing deal quite a bit a dmg and can heal you, i love my hunter
captain host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
jwmc1971

NaTaS 1971's Gamercard
eventually the turrets puts down lvl 32 and above baddass bosses by itself . it also can shoot rockets . i throw it whenever i need a break .

64 games 100% and counting
jwmc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
CookieMonster

I think soldier's the most overpowered class, you get to drop a gun that does a lot of damage to the computer, heals half your health each time, and refills half your ammo.

Although I only played the other classes to level 6 or 7 each, and my soldier's level 15. So I might be wrong for higher levels.
CookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #9
g0d53nd

AwoI Wolf's Gamercard
lvl 18 soilder here.. The turrent destorys specially when u get ur first artifact. This guy has some amazing perks you can put also.

g0d53nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #10
Siduakal77

Siduakal77's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My team is this..

18 Hunter (myself) - Sniper specialized.
17 Soldier - Medic oriented
15 (he logged off early) Lilith - i dunno wtf he does tbh..

The medics turret is invaluable. It has saved us so many times. That thing heals great. We just learned that against non bandits (or melee bandits) to fight in front of it, and it'll aid you. And its health/ammo replenishment is amazing at times.

My bloodwing is nice, sure. And it definitely makes an impact. But the healing/ammo provided by that turret is amazing. And he can always unload with his "Medic SMG" (A fast SMG with high damage he keeps just for healing us by shooting us) for a quick heal.
Siduakal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
xx_0_0_xx

Soldier as medic and support
xx_0_0_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #12
Zero132132

Send a message via AIM to Zero132132

Zero132132's Gamercard
So far, I've only played with the medic, and I did notice that at low levels, the turret seemed pretty useless, but I'm at level 21 right now, and when I throw that thing out, it kicks ass and heals, which is nice. I also like being able to heal people by shooting them, although some people in coop don't seem to know about this ability, and they get scared and run away when I heal them.

I think most people go with hunter for the game because they like the distance. Personally, I prefer to tank when I'm going for offensive, so I like the berserker, but I haven't worked with him much (level 7), so he might be a lot worse later on.
Zero132132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #13
WhiteDragon2501

WhiteDragon2501's Gamercard
It's how you play, what weapons you get, and how you use your skill points.

Each character can be played multiple ways.

Some ways are easier for each.

The soldier most prominently has a way of healing and replenishing ammo without buying or scavenging. He can also have huge magazines for the weapons. The turret being another gun on the field and a shield does help in some situations, especially when enemies shoot at it instead of you.

The hunter has some great abilities too, but I haven't played as one yet, so I cannot say too much... other than the hunter I played with is powerful, especially with a good revolver. Bloodwing is also quite a force, but kinda questionable at times, such as when it doesn't kill when it could (happened a few times, but I blame the sometimes bad connection).

The siren is a guerrilla fighter. If you're in a tough spot and are taking massive damage, then just activate your skill and run. She is also the only character that could potentially make hitscan weapons through a skill (haven't tested it, because didn't play as her long enough). You can do many things with her, and there are some truly devious skill combos you can use with her.

The tank... well, I'm trying to figure out a way to use him in a way other than having him be a... well, a tank. You can boost his shields and health and damage resistance, then put him in battle in rage mode, then with some heavy weapons for when that cuts out. He does have the greatest potential for rocket launchers though, which does make me want to play just for that reason alone. For melee freaks like me, this class is just waiting to be exploited for fun and profit... but that's getting a bit off track.

So really, just start games as each of the 4, and look at the skills and see what you can come up with. Also think about how you play, and what you want to do, and if you can do it.
WhiteDragon2501 is offline   Reply With Quote