PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Bass Pro Shops: The Strike
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Big Red 79

Big Red 79's Gamercard
Letting Line Out

Is there a way to let line out when thereís a fish on? Iíve been hooking some big fish, but, with tension on 1 and with the rod facing down even without reeling it goes into the high red and breaks. Iím also using the high test, 17 lbs white box, standard 360 controller and stock in game rod and reel. Also I didnít know if reeling at all when thereís a fish on and still fighting made a real difference.
Big Red 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
jecsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red 79 View Post
Is there a way to let line out when thereís a fish on? Iíve been hooking some big fish, but, with tension on 1 and with the rod facing down even without reeling it goes into the high red and breaks. Iím also using the high test, 17 lbs white box, standard 360 controller and stock in game rod and reel. Also I didnít know if reeling at all when thereís a fish on and still fighting made a real difference.

I reel backwards when it gets in the red and that works for me.
jecsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
Aztek Eperor

Aztek Eperor's Gamercard
Yup, jecsr is right, reeling backwards seems to be the way to do it (not very realistic) but it does the trick. The idea of having a drag system is cool, but it doesn't really work well in the game. I found that I was better off just leaving the drag on the lowest setting and then reeling back and forth until the fish tired out, then reeled in as fast as you want when he is all tired out (won't go into the red anymore).
Aztek Eperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
THE D ZASTA

CHERRY CHEERIOS's Gamercard
How do you release tension when you only have a regular controller?