PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 2K10
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Road Map to 1000

Overview
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
-Offline: 48 (965)
-Online: 2 (35)
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 1-3 hours for 500-600, 30+ hours for 1000
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 500 games played
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Glitched achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

Introduction
This is an easy, but very time consuming 1000, just because of the 500 games played, and scoring 894 goals. You can alter any settings you want and you’ll still unlock the achievements. Using 4 controllers will help as well, because you’ll have less AI players in your way to score goals and such.

Step 1: Simulating Games
There are 7 achievements worth 270 that can be done by simulating games. This shouldn’t take long. We’re going to alter some player stats to give the best chance of getting these on our first try. So, from the main menu, select “Manage Rosters.” Then select “Team Roster” and pick the team you are going to use to sim these games. It shouldn’t matter which one, pick your favorite if you like. I used the Red Wings

Next, select each player, then select “Edit Player.” Go to their abilities and start moving all the sliders to the right so all their stats are 99. Hit to finish editing and save the changes. Keep doing this for the other players on the team. You don’t have to edit the entire team, but editing the entire team will give you your best chance of getting all simable achievements, on the first try. I only did about 10 players plus the goalies and still got them on my first go.

Next, start a new franchise with these settings:
  • Trade Deadline – Off
  • Allow CPU Trades – Off
  • Injuries - Off
  • Fatigue – Off
Keep the rest of the settings at default. Pick your super team, and simulate the season. You should be at the playoffs now, and you should’ve unlocked Blue Jackets Trophy for making the playoffs, and Capitals Trophy for clinching your division. With any luck, you’ll have also unlocked Penguins Trophy, for winning 17 games in a row.

Simulate playoff round until the finals. Turn off auto-save and sim the final round. If you don’t win 4 games to 0, quit, and reload the franchise. Turn off auto-save again, and repeat until you win 4 games to 0. You’ll unlock Red Wings Trophy, and Islanders Trophy.

Quit back to the main menu. Go to “Game Modes” and select “Playoffs.” Use these settings:
  • Playoff Style: NHL Playoff Style
  • Playoff Size: 4 Team Bracket
Hit on every team to make them user teams. Simulate every round until you win the Stanley Cup, and you’ll unlock Blues Trophy.

Start another new playoff with these settings:
  • Playoff Style: International Group Style
  • Playoff Teams: International Teams
Again, make every team, user teams. Simulate till the end. You’ll unlock International Trophy.

And there you go! 270 with very, very, little effort on your part, and you didn’t even have to play any hockey!

Step 2: Still Not Playing Any Hockey
From the main menu, select “Manage Rosters” then select “create player.” Hit and select yes. Ducks Trophy unlocked.

Go back to the manage rosters menu, and select “Create Team.” Hit to get to create team signing. Start scrolling down the list and hitting to clone players to your team until it says you have enough players. Rangers Trophy unlocked.

If you haven’t unlocked 2K Blogger already, go back to franchise and view your calendar. Select a game you’ve simmed, and choose “Blog to 2Ksports.com.”

Step 3: Preparing to Play Some Hockey
You don’t need to alter any settings if you don’t want, however, doing so will make the game move much faster, and make it much easier for you to score goals.

Go to "Options", under "Difficulty", use these settings:

GAME SETTINGS
  • All settings at 100
SKILL
  • User Fatigue Effect 0
  • All other User settings at 100
  • CPU settings at 0 (Note that unless you plan on playing against the AI, CPU settings shouldn’t matter)
Under NHL Rules, use these settings:
  • Offside off
  • Icing off
  • Face-Off Delay of Game off
Under Gameplay, use these settings:
  • Overtime Type Sudden Death
  • Fighting 0
  • Injuries 0
  • Home Line Change Off
Step 4: Playing a Little Bit of Hockey
Pond Hockey: Go to Gameplay options and change period length to 1 minute. Go to Game Modes, and select Pond Hockey. Use a second controller for the other team and pull their goalie. Score a quick goal, then let the time run out for the rest of the game. Stars Trophy unlocked.

Mini-Rink: Do the same as above, except select Mini-Rink at the game modes menu. Mini Rink unlocked.

Step 5: Playing Some Hockey
Game #1: Select quick game from the main menu. Choose any team. Make sure you’re playing against the Islanders, or the Rangers. Connect up to 3 more controllers and assign them to the NY team, this is so there’ll be less AI in your way. Hit and change the period length to at least 5 minutes. Make it longer if you think you need more time to do the goals listed below. Choose Wrigley Field for the arena.

These are your goals for this game:
  • Deke ( button) out a defenseman to score a goal
  • Get a hat trick
  • 5 goals with one player (Which is why line changes are off)
  • 10 points with one player
  • 3 assists with one player
  • Win 20 face-offs ( button)
  • 10 hits with one player ( button)
  • 50 shots on goal
  • 20 Penalties in minutes (Move all penalty sliders to 100 if you think it’ll help)
Shouldn’t be too much trouble to do all that in a single game. If you miss anything, just start another quick game and try again. To make these easier, use this method HERE.

Game #2: Start another quick game. Change the period length to 1 minute. Do not move! Wait for regulation time to run out. When overtime starts, pull the other teams goalie and score a quick goal for Blackhawks Trophy. You should also unlock Senators Trophy for playing a full game without logging any penalty minutes.

Step 6: Playing ALOT of Hockey
That about does it for quick and easy achievements. Now it’s time to start grinding! Here are your goals:
  • Score 30 PPG
  • Win 200 Games
  • Play 500 Games
  • 500 PIMs
  • 500 Hits
  • 1000 Shots
  • 894 Goals
  • 101 Assists
  • 2000 Points
Set the period length to 1 minute. During those 3 minutes of game time, try and score a few goals, take a few penalties, hit some people. And by the time you’ve played 500 games, you should have all the related achievements. If not, you should be close! Again, use the method posted HERE to make it faster and easier.

Conclusion
That was fun, wasn’t it? I bet you’re tired now. Have a nap! You deserve it. You should have all the achievements by now. If not, keep grinding! If you haven’t gotten the online achievements yet, find some people to help you out in the Achievement Trading thread HERE.

Last edited by bs000; 10-29-2009 at 02:50 PM.
bs000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
CheshireMulisha

CheshireMulisha's Gamercard
Nice guide, just picked this game up today so this will help picking up the easy achievements early on.

Just hope the forums aren't to dead when I get round to doing the online achievements...
CheshireMulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
dizzymagic

dizzymagic's Gamercard
maybe a silly question, but what are the points? I know the goals and other stuff. Have 545 on this at the mo, the points overall marks?
dizzymagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymagic View Post
maybe a silly question, but what are the points? I know the goals and other stuff. Have 545 on this at the mo, the points overall marks?
i know i may be late and you may not care anymore but incase others are confused or don't know. Points are a combination of Goals and assists

also the ops methoid of unlocking the islanders trophy is either wrong your the achievement is glitched because i've done it 5 times now and still no achievement

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
cardinalswin

Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalswin

cardinalswin's Gamercard
quick question...how do play in wrigley? i dont see any options for changing the stadium

sig made by Q ipoddy Q

cardinalswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
misak555

misak5's Gamercard
Select "Quick Game", hit Y button, change "Arena" you want and hit B button to go back to the previous screen.
misak555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #7
Fatty Taft

Fatty Taft's Gamercard
A quicker way to do the season achievements instead of editing the rosters up to 99 overall for all those players is just to start a new season and set yourself in control of all 30 teams. Then simulate the season and you will earn the penguins, blue jackets, capitals, and red wings trophies guaranteed.

Last edited by Fatty Taft; 02-11-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Fatty Taft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
Pedle Zelnip

Good road map, though the time total is off: a 1 min period game with only a single stoppage to score a single goal is around 4.5 minutes. Multiply that by 500 and you're looking at closer to 40 hours for the 500 games played.

I'd also like to see some description of the online achievements in here.
Pedle Zelnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:31 AM   #9
Doctor Flatline

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Flatline

Doctor Flatline's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I thought your road map was great for what I wanted to do, which was get the 500-600 achievement points. I got 565 in just over 2 hours using your road map, along with getting a few extra achievements you didn't list in the road map. Deking out a goalie, winning in front of a sold out home arena, scoring while stumbling, and getting 95% zamboni were all very easy as well. I won't bother grinding on this sorry ass game. Thanks for the map.

Doctor Flatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:08 AM   #10
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Taft View Post
A quicker way to do the season achievements instead of editing the rosters up to 99 overall for all those players is just to start a new season and set yourself in control of all 30 teams. Then simulate the season and you will earn the penguins, blue jackets, capitals, and red wings trophies guaranteed.
I remember trying that but I don't think it allows you to control all 30 teams. It only let me pick something like 5. I tried picking the ones most likely to win, and while I managed to do the requirements, the achievements I wanted didn't unlock. IIRC... Haven't played in a long time. I also think it's unlikely that you'd get the win 17 games in a row with all the teams at default settings anyway.

/lateresponse
Old 04-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #11
X Ech0 Side x

x Ech0 Side x's Gamercard
Great guide!
X Ech0 Side x is offline   Reply With Quote