PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #61
squirtmaster

squirtmaster's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3warr1or View Post
I can't do the effing "Quickdraw the RPG"...
Just drop some sticky bombs near the guys in the front. Pull out the sniper rifle and aim where the RPG guy will be. Go ahead and zoom in. Press Down to detonate sticky bombs. Fire the sniper rifle when the guy appears. Piece of cake.
squirtmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #62
squirtmaster

squirtmaster's Gamercard
The second one is the hardest. The third I would say is the easiest because as soon as the bar hits the top press the appropriate button.
squirtmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #63
zI CHR1S Iz

zI CHR1S Iz's Gamercard
Tips for beating 5:00 on Bang Bang?

If you don't remember, Bang Bang is where you travel aroung the city killing people for Tony. First it's a guy in a crane, then a train and then a plane (it rhymes!). My best is 5:09 and that's the fastest I could do it. How do I do it? Losing the 4* at the end is the hardest when I destroy the plane because the search radius is quite big. How can I lose the cops quicklly?

zI CHR1S Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #64
tattie

Just to let people know for the landing in the boat thing, you must land in the boat on the far left of the set of boats.

tattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #65
mblaine

XXXICenturyMatt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zI CHR1S Iz View Post
If you don't remember, Bang Bang is where you travel aroung the city killing people for Tony. First it's a guy in a crane, then a train and then a plane (it rhymes!). My best is 5:09 and that's the fastest I could do it. How do I do it? Losing the 4* at the end is the hardest when I destroy the plane because the search radius is quite big. How can I lose the cops quicklly?
See this thread.
mblaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #66
tattie

How do you conceal the bomb on Going Deep?

EDIT: Managed to do it, new problem, shaking that noob off the back of the boat.

Last edited by tattie; 11-03-2009 at 01:13 AM.
tattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #67
SirLugash

SirLugash's Gamercard
Could you please tell me how you hid the bomb ?
I have no idea what I should do.

I tried to do it like told in the guide from igrandtheftauto.com (reversing car, plant bomb on parking space, the park the car again) but it won't work as the game wants me to place the bomb at the front of the car.

Last edited by SirLugash; 11-03-2009 at 08:28 PM.
SirLugash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #68
rabies

Teamlead Taco's Gamercard
This is from the other thread regarding how to complete missions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Valkyire View Post
confirmed. you must place the bomb in the bottom part of the front of the truck. aim on the ground about an inch and a half while standing between the 2 cars in front of where the truck is parked and Mr B should say "good spot thell never see it till its 2 late". If it dosent work keep trying till you get it cuz it took me about 40 times just on that objective.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #69
SirLugash

SirLugash's Gamercard
Ok I got it now.
@rabies: At last your hint from another Thread did the trick.
Eventually it looks like you have to simply drop the bomb by pressing RT in front of the car (like told in the ingame info), then head back to Bulgarin and wait for the NOOSE guys.
Now, do not blow the bomb until Bulgarin tells you to do (an info will pop up on the top left of the screen with description on how to blow the bomb).
When he tells you to, blow it and you should get this objective.

Last edited by SirLugash; 11-03-2009 at 11:37 PM.
SirLugash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #70
rabies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLugash View Post
Ok I got it now.
@rabies: At last your hint from another Thread did the trick.
Eventually it looks like you have to simply drop the bomb by pressing RT in front of the car (like told in the ingame info), then head back to Bulgarin and wait for the NOOSE guys.
Now, do not blow the bomb until Bulgarin tells you to do (an info will pop up on the top left of the screen with description on how to blow the bomb).
When he tells you to, blow it and you should get this objective.
yea..that is exactly what I do everytime..i guess most people don't pay attention to what the game is telling you to do and throw the sticky onto the car? I've never thrown the sticky..always stood right in front of it and hit RB as the game tells you to do..then down on teh D-pad when the game (and Bulgarin) tells you to. Like I said, I got it first try without even knowing it was a checkmark.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #71
haipham

S1lienceAssas1n's Gamercard
Yo i am pretty sure that you have to escape to cops in 33s in Frosting on the cake.
haipham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #72
RealistIdealist

RealistIdealist's Gamercard
I am having a REAL tough time beating the time for going deep. I am pretty fast when it comes to driving there, when I get there I blow up all the cars with a rocket launcher but one of my guys runs out of the garage and goes real far away. I blow all the cars outside then take out the agents in the buffalo then take it, then my partner comes back. I usually then drive back in the buffalo. So far I have gotten times of 6:36, 6:33, and 6:32 and I'm getting real irritated that I can't beat the time!

Last edited by RealistIdealist; 11-05-2009 at 07:36 PM.
RealistIdealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #73
rabies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealistIdealist View Post
I am having a REAL tough time beating the time for going deep. I blow up all the cars with a rocket launcher but one of my guys runs out of the garage real far away. I get in a buffalo and he comes back. So far I have gotten times of 6:36, 6:33, and 6:32 and I'm getting real irritated that I can't beat the time!
See the other thread. evo posted his tips along with a video, and I made a comment on how to improve the videos time by another 20-30 seconds.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #74
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I'v used a taxi in half of missions so it all says 0% I'm so pissed off! i should have read this before i guess lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #75
Mohabus

Mohabus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3warr1or View Post
Need help with keeping the 5minute limit for Bang Bang.. once I get out of the circle, the stupid thing recenters with 2stars(originally 4), and that's what keeps me failing.
After blowing the crane, rather than head for the train, head to the helipad with the buzzard. Take it to the train (but don't get out), and lift off after you've hit the marker. Shoot the train with the Buzzard's rockets (yes, you really can; awesome, no?). Then fly to airport. As before, you still have to trigger the marker, so take care not to clip the rotors on the clearance bar. Then, you guessed it, take out the plane via rocket and fly off into the sunset, no problems.

I've just about finished the list (currently on "For the man who has everything"; damn "duck chopper has me stumped), and I'd be more than happy to impart what I've learned via this thread or pm. Happy hunting!
Mohabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #76
S H A D 3 D

S H A D 3 D's Gamercard
Doesn't look fun.

S H A D 3 D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #77
Harry Rasing

Harry Rasing's Gamercard
Most of the mission requirements are rather easy.. But now I'm having some trouble getting my accuracy 70% or higher at some missions. Always getting stuck between 50 and 60%..

Anyone tips for this?

Untill now I did everything with auto-aim off, because I'm getting crazy with auto-aim on in in crowded situations...
Harry Rasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #78
Mohabus

Mohabus's Gamercard
OH. SNAP. 100%, baby!

As for getting good accuracy, turn auto-aim on, and use the auto-shotgun. Worked for me. Also, stay away from anything that "sprays" (the MG, Gold SMG, etc.).
Old 11-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #79
Harry Rasing

Harry Rasing's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohabus View Post
OH. SNAP. 100%, baby!

As for getting good accuracy, turn auto-aim on, and use the auto-shotgun. Worked for me. Also, stay away from anything that "sprays" (the MG, Gold SMG, etc.).
Ok, thanks for the tip, normally i don't like shotguns and auto-aim.. But now for some good accuracy I have to switch my strategy/style for a while I guess.

Last edited by Harry Rasing; 11-06-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #80
BadBoyKillah89

Wanted Menace's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealistIdealist View Post
I am having a REAL tough time beating the time for going deep. I am pretty fast when it comes to driving there, when I get there I blow up all the cars with a rocket launcher but one of my guys runs out of the garage and goes real far away. I blow all the cars outside then take out the agents in the buffalo then take it, then my partner comes back. I usually then drive back in the buffalo. So far I have gotten times of 6:36, 6:33, and 6:32 and I'm getting real irritated that I can't beat the time!
Sticky bombs are the answer. At least for me they were (had 21 seconds to spare in the end). I bombed all (I believe 6) vehicles that came down to the garage. Don't let the first couple of vehicles stop (don't worry about the first bomb you planted), once Bulgarin says "Luis, it's time to see what you got" (or something like that), run towards the exit. Stick every vehicle that comes down (but don't stick 1 at a time). I believe 2 come at a time, stick both and then explode. Repeat until all vehicles are dealt with (don't let anybody set foot out of their vehicle). When you're ready to leave, stick the swat vehicle that comes on the left and explode. Then kill all agents on the other side and take one of their cars. It's pretty fast so you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting back to Bulgarin's house in a short amount of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Rasing View Post
Most of the mission requirements are rather easy.. But now I'm having some trouble getting my accuracy 70% or higher at some missions. Always getting stuck between 50 and 60%..

Anyone tips for this?

Untill now I did everything with auto-aim off, because I'm getting crazy with auto-aim on in in crowded situations...
.44 Pistol, can't go wrong with accuracy. All my 'headshot' objectives were done with this weapon.
BadBoyKillah89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #81
erichsouza76

erichsouza76's Gamercard
Great guide! Hope now I can try to get the 100% on missions achievement.
BTW, any guesses on how much long would it take?
erichsouza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #82
Mohabus

Mohabus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Rasing View Post
Ok, thanks for the tip, normally i don't like shotguns and auto-aim.. But now for some good accuracy I have to switch my strategy/style for a while I guess.
Yeah, I feel the same way. Not a fan of auto-aim (especially online), but desperate times...

As for how long it will take, it truly depends. If you take no more than an average of four runs per mission (taking into account multiple replays, and with infrequent failures), I'm thinking around 6-8 hours. But your skill and strategies will make more of an impact than actual play time.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #83
Harry Rasing

Harry Rasing's Gamercard
Damn now I'm stuck on the accuracy objects in 'Dropping In' and 'Going Deep'... Auto-aim works awful in this missions because enemy's always behind some cover and then you'll shoot your bullets into a wall or other object.

These 2 things and the last mission and I'm done with it, but it gets frustrating with that shitty auto-aim shooting now.

Tried shotgun, explosive shotgun, pistol and sniper, but no result...
And when I take my time moving into a good shooting positing I get hit like hell myself!
Old 11-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #84
blee717

o BLEE x's Gamercard
Here's a link to the guide I wrote. Sure hope it helps everyone

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ight=gold+star

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #85
Harry Rasing

Harry Rasing's Gamercard
Already found a solution for myself... Just throw nades (or sticky bombs if you like) all over the place untill everybody dies! No guns and auto-aim needed..

It may take a while to end a mission, but for sure you have 100% accuracy!!

EDIT: I think you have to shoot 1 guy with a gun, be sure to mis no bullet otherwise your accuracy isn't 100% anymore. First mission were I used this strategy was 'Dropping In' and at the end I shot 'Ashvilli' trough his head.

Last edited by Harry Rasing; 11-07-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #86
Arxel

For The Man Who Has Everything
Duck Chopper: √

I don't get it this one.. :-(

Last edited by Arxel; 11-08-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Arxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #87
Mohabus

Mohabus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxel View Post
For The Man Who Has Everything
Duck Chopper: √

I don't get it this one.. :-(
Yeah, that one threw me, as well.

Right after the N.O.O.S.E. choppers start appearing, one will hover over the tracks and "wait" for the train to go under it. Duck and allow Luis to "slide" underneath it. If done correctly, this will trigger a brief cutscene.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #88
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattie View Post
Just to let people know for the landing in the boat thing, you must land in the boat on the far left of the set of boats.
I've landed on (and NOT rolled off) of this boat a number of times and still haven't gotten this. I remember detaching my parachute (shouldn't matter) once and landed PERFECTLY behind the seat without rolling and in another play, I landed on the back part (still didn't roll), but I took half damage (guess I was coming in too fast?).

At any rate, this is frustrating me. Any takers?

EDIT: Got it. It's not the boat on the 'far left' coming straight out of the chopper. It's the 'far left' when coming in from behind the group of boats (or the boat at the 'top' of the group when coming straight out of the chopper). Hope this clarifies enough. I was wracking my brain for a while on this one.

Awaiting: BRINK, Gears of War 3, LA Noire
--------------
Remember friend, as you pass by.
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you soon shall be.
So, prepare for death, and follow me.

--------------
"God is eternal...this world is not. And neither are you."

Last edited by AzraelPC; 11-10-2009 at 04:29 AM. Reason: No more need for answer to question
AzraelPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #89
KemicalSupreme
Banned User

KemicalSupreme's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is gonna be tougher than I thought. Good thing I will have nothing to do once I obtain my 10th pristege!
KemicalSupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #90
Mohabus

Mohabus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemicalSupreme View Post
This is gonna be tougher than I thought. Good thing I will have nothing to do once I obtain my 10th pristege!
It's intimidating at first, but once you've gotten a few and have a good rhythm going, you can roll through them with little trouble. The worst parts by far are the time requirements, so make sure to get those first. And, this may be just me, but I had a much easier time doing multiple missions consecutively, rather than one or two at a time then taking a break. Perhaps it wad the momentum, but I rolled through them twice as fast when I completed them in rapid succession.

Good luck!