PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #91
rabies

Teamlead Taco's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohabus View Post
It's intimidating at first, but once you've gotten a few and have a good rhythm going, you can roll through them with little trouble. The worst parts by far are the time requirements, so make sure to get those first. And, this may be just me, but I had a much easier time doing multiple missions consecutively, rather than one or two at a time then taking a break. Perhaps it wad the momentum, but I rolled through them twice as fast when I completed them in rapid succession.

Good luck!
I did it the other way around, I would get all the secondary objectives first, going through it 2-3 times to get all those, and then by then, I knew the mission really well, so the last thing i would do is go for the time..and on all but 4 or 5 of them, I would get the time one on my first attempt at it.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:32 AM   #92
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
'Follow Close' on Mori's 'No. 3'

If Mori says anything that can be taken as Luis isn't keeping up, is that an auto-fail?

The Ford GT (which is what it is in our world) is really tough for me to handle. Brucie's Aston Martin Vanquish (which is what it is in our world) would be MUCH better, but oh well.

I just want to know if I need to reload right after he says something to that affect instead of wasting my time with the rest of the course.

Thanks in advance!

Awaiting: BRINK, Gears of War 3, LA Noire
--------------
Remember friend, as you pass by.
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you soon shall be.
So, prepare for death, and follow me.

--------------
"God is eternal...this world is not. And neither are you."
AzraelPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #93
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
Under 10 Mins for 'Departure Time'... GENIUS

Found this YouTube video for getting the TIME for 'Departure Time' in just over 7:30. I know it may seem IMPOSSIBLE, but this guy uses some VERY unconventional methods that are 100% LEGIT. I couldn't believe the stuff he came up with.

**THIS VIDEO USES ABSOLUTELY NO CHEATS, GLITCHES, OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE TO GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE OVER THE WAY THE GAME IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED**

Given that my skills aren't nearly what this guy's are, my time on the VERY FIRST TRY with this method is 9:37, which still gets the job done. :-)

--------------

--------------

Last edited by AzraelPC; 11-10-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Added time from first try
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #94
CloudStr1f3

Weapon Ultima's Gamercard
Thanks for the vid AzraelPC, just finished the mission in 7:44.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:20 AM   #95
devil in me

A NJ Devil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zI CHR1S Iz
On momma's buy It says I need to counter finish but on which guy? Because I did a counter finish on the last guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zI CHR1S Iz View Post
nevermind i did it
I'm having the same problem with the counter, so which one was it that you countered to complete the objective?
devil in me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #96
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil in me View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zI CHR1S Iz
On momma's buy It says I need to counter finish but on which guy? Because I did a counter finish on the last guy.

I'm having the same problem with the counter, so which one was it that you countered to complete the objective?
You have to counter KO (knock out) the final guy. You don't have to lose the match. Once you win the match, just shoot Santo once you get outside (he only uses a knife).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudStr1f3 View Post
Thanks for the vid AzraelPC, just finished the mission in 7:44.
Well done! My best is 8:39. The best on the R* Social Club ladder is 7:28-ish, so when the dude did it in 7:04, he was offline.

--------------

--------------

Last edited by AzraelPC; 11-12-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #97
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Did Rockstar think 100% would be fun??

Some of the 100% requirements just require you to play a mission so many times that you swear to yourself you will never play another Rockstar game ever again.

This isn't about them making games fun, this is about them putting their cock in your mouth.

Fuck them.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #98
bombfirst885

II bombfirst II's Gamercard
Could they have made the Gamerscore for this any worse?

I'm sending this back to gamefly as soon as I finish the story. Gotta know when to pick your battles, and this isn't one of them.

bombfirst885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #99
devil in me

A NJ Devil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraelPC View Post
You have to counter KO (knock out) the final guy. You don't have to lose the match. Once you win the match, just shoot Santo once you get outside (he only uses a knife).

Well done! My best is 8:39. The best on the R* Social Club ladder is 7:28-ish, so when the dude did it in 7:04, he was offline.
thanks, i actually got it countering the first guy but i apreciate the response.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #100
devil in me

A NJ Devil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninthemix View Post
Some of the 100% requirements just require you to play a mission so many times that you swear to yourself you will never play another Rockstar game ever again.

This isn't about them making games fun, this is about them putting their cock in your mouth.

Fuck them.
I hear ya on that one. I hate having to do these missions over and over to get some of the requirements.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #101
bigshotgirl

bigshotgirl's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Now thats what I was looking for, thx man!
bigshotgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:57 AM   #102
kyle harty

Quote:
EDIT: Got it. It's not the boat on the 'far left' coming straight out of the chopper. It's the 'far left' when coming in from behind the group of boats (or the boat at the 'top' of the group when coming straight out of the chopper). Hope this clarifies enough. I was wracking my brain for a while on this one.
I got this without landing in that "top" boat, actually I believe it was the second one from the bottom that I got in the run I got this objective. Can't say for sure it doesn't matter which boat you land in but my experience was different.

Thanks to the OP for this guide, it's already helped me out quite a bit!
kyle harty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #103
BraIrma

BraIrma's Gamercard
I got a problem with IN THE CROSSHAIRS Mission.

I shot the 4 snipers down, one each with one shot, but the checklist didn't register.
I already repeated the mission so many times, and I can confirm that I only shot 4 times, one hit kill on each snipers.

WTH is going on here? Am I just got glitched?

*EDIT*
Ok, nevermind. Finally got this.
It's definitely glitched. Here's the story.

The game won't register the 4 shots, 4 snipers requirement because I used STANDARD SNIPER RIFLE. That's the fucking culprit. I repeated the mission many times and the requirement won't register because of this fucking STANDARD Sniper Rifle.

After I bought the ADVANCED SNIPER RIFLE from Armando, I replayed the mission & ensured I only shoot 4 times on 4 snipers. Then, FUCKING VOILA! The checklist registered!
4 Shots 4 Snipers done!

It turns out that YOU MUST USE ADVANCED SNIPER RIFLE TO GET THIS FUCKING REQUIREMENT on this mission to get 100%!! Fucking Bloody HELL!!

Last edited by BraIrma; 11-19-2009 at 04:27 PM.
BraIrma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #104
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
If the GTA car physics didn't absolutely fucking suck... these missions would be easy.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #105
WarGod3

nice one i will use this later wen i go for the 100%
WarGod3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:33 AM   #106
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
This should get merged with the "gold star" guide that someone wrote on all the missions.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #107
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The checklist is perfect. I'll have to print it out whenever I decide to subject myself to such frustration.
Iv AJay vI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #108
XxLA369xX

Aesth3tic Karma's Gamercard
Thanks so much for posting this
XxLA369xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #109
XxLA369xX

Aesth3tic Karma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
If the GTA car physics didn't absolutely fucking suck... these missions would be easy.
I know right haha
XxLA369xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #110
Metalclear

metalclear1982's Gamercard
About half way mission, the game tells u can duck, by clicking LS. A bit later, a chopper will pass over flying really low over u. Just duck (more lie down) and thats the requirement. Btw, if u r fast enough u can blow this chopper, but needless to say if u do it, u wont get the aforementioned requirement
Metalclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #111
tommat12

Send a message via MSN to tommat12

Snip3rVVolfie93's Gamercard
Quote:
Found this YouTube video for getting the TIME for 'Departure Time' in just over 7:30. I know it may seem IMPOSSIBLE, but this guy uses some VERY unconventional methods that are 100% LEGIT. I couldn't believe the stuff he came up with.

**THIS VIDEO USES ABSOLUTELY NO CHEATS, GLITCHES, OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE TO GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE OVER THE WAY THE GAME IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED**

YouTube- GTA IV: TBoGT Departure Time - a time attack

Given that my skills aren't nearly what this guy's are, my time on the VERY FIRST TRY with this method is 9:37, which still gets the job done. :-)
The vid's been taken down due to copyright. Does anyone happen to know another vid like this, or remember some of the tricks he used? This mission is pissing me off... for the 6th time...

Last edited by tommat12; 03-10-2010 at 03:33 PM.
tommat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:32 AM   #112
DopeySO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommat12 View Post
The vid's been taken down due to copyright. Does anyone happen to know another vid like this, or remember some of the tricks he used. This mission is pissing me off... for the 6th time...
Im here looking for the same help. I found that video and was all excited then saw that Take 2 had it taken down. Does anyone remember the tricks this guy used for such a fast time?
DopeySO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:28 AM   #113
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I must say that this helps quite a lot when I'm going through and checking off each of the mission requirements. Thanks again for putting this together, L e d.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #114
xLoCk 0nx

xLoCk 0nx's Gamercard
Anyone got any tips for not taking more than 10% damage in the mission Momma's Boy (the one in the fight club)? It's pretty hard not to get hit at all by the 3rd guy :/ Is there a combo that works 100% of the time?

xLoCk 0nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #115
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoCk 0nx View Post
Anyone got any tips for not taking more than 10% damage in the mission Momma's Boy (the one in the fight club)? It's pretty hard not to get hit at all by the 3rd guy :/ Is there a combo that works 100% of the time?
I did nothing but punch all 3 guys. It feels too much like luck, if they get the tiniest gap they get in one punch and then it's impossible to hit them back until they've landed another 3 or 4 and by then you're down to 50% health.

This was by far the worst mission for me, in all the others I just spray the P90 and no one has a chance to hit me. I had to give up on this one and try it a couple times every day between other missions, took me a week of that before I finally got it.

And as for vehicle physics, I think they're bang on. It requires the tiniest bit of effort to master.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page

Last edited by SuperSkyline89; 05-23-2010 at 12:51 AM.
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #116
Rhimox

Send a message via ICQ to Rhimox Send a message via MSN to Rhimox Send a message via Skype™ to Rhimox

Rhimox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoCk 0nx View Post
Try not to move towards the enemy while punching. Try to just stand still and punch when the opponent is close enough to reach. Then make one combo and go back on distance to let the enemy move. This is a pretty boring fight though but worked very well for me.

Last edited by Rhimox; 05-30-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Rhimox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #117
2stevejc

stejc63's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWHFloyd View Post
on mommas boy for the 10% damage. I just punched santos and ran past him then jumped in a car. i didnt go too fast so he kept following me, then I found a hot dog stand, ate a hot dog, then blew him away. Bingo! 0% damage! sucker

not sure but i was worried if i drove too fast it might end the mission but i didnt test that theory!
Awesome tip. Couldn't do this with less than 20% damage. Jumped on bike and let that sucker chase me, on foot, all the way to the park. 100% on all now. (wish i'd come here 12 months ago)
2stevejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #118
DonkeyBong71

DonkeyBong71's Gamercard
thanks for this list. it should be stickied, or edited into the Gold Star guide.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #119
THE DEADLY DOG
Max'd Guiding Mod Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
An absolute necessity if you plan on doing TBoGT!

Amazing guide.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote