PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Scavenger Mission Guide

Basically done, just organizing it right now
This is in response to the 10+ scavenger questions i've seen on the forums
If you have any questions or gripes post them here or PM me.

Scavenger-Revolver

Barrel

This is one of the trickiest pieces to find in the Scavenger missions and the one that most people seem to have the most trouble finding. It's in a junkyard car almost directly in front of the revolver body location and right below a tire sign. Go to the car, look inside and it should be in the passenger seat.

Body:

This is directly behind the Revolver Barrel insdie the shack right next to the car port. It's sitting right on the ground and in plain sight.

Magazine:

This is located on top of a platform right next to the car shack where the revolver body is found. To get to it you have to climb up the hill behind the car port and jump ontop of it's roof. Then jump across to get to the magazine.

Sight:

The sight is located right behind the car ports ontop of a huge metal cage. To reach the part, you need to climb up some rock mounds behind the metal cage and leap across to the metal platform holding the revolver sight.

Scavenger-Sniper

Stock:

The stock is ontop of a building sitting on an overturned barrel. The building is very noticable because it has an arrow pointing up to the roof where the Stock is.

Sight:

The sight is lying near a bunch of debris and an overturned matress. It's on the hill that goes up near the shack where you found the stock.

Body:

You can get when you first enter the area, there's an ascending path. When you get to the top there should be a shack to your left and the Body should be should be sitting on some crates.

Barrel:

This is near the stock located in a shack on the left hand side when crossing the bridge made out of metal sheets. It's sitting ontop of a table facing the north.

Scavenger-Combat Rifle

Stock:

This is fairly noticable, when you're crossing the bridge to reach the bandit encampment, it's sitting ontop of a crate that's on the bridge.

Barrel:

When you reach the end of the bridge after getting the stock, take a right and go walk down. Turn around and the barrel should be sitting ontop of a barrel next to the platform to go back up to the bridge.

Sigt:

Continue upwards the bandit encampment. While contiuing upwards take a right which inclines and leads you up to a shack. The sight is behind the shack in a corner.

Body:

At the very top of the encampment is the Combat Rifle Body. As soon as you reach the top turn to your right and the body should be sitting ontop of a crate.

Scavenger SMG

Magazine:

The magazine is in the middle of the bandit encampment. It's sitting in the inside of a tire near the vending machine.

Body:

This part is sitting ontop of the first roof of the house where the vending machine is located (near the SMG Magazine). What you have to do get to it is to go through the gate near the end of the encampment and climb up the hill to your right. When you get to the top you'll be ontop of the second roof, just jump down to the first roof to get to the Body.

Sight:

Just use the same method to get ontop of the second house from getting the Body. When at the top this time, don't jump down. Instead make your way across the roof and you should see the metallic platform where the Sight is. Just jump across where a metallic sheet is sticking out and make your way to the Sight which is sitting ontop of a cot.

Barrel:

The barrel is right when you enter the entrance to your left. It's sitting ontop of at the tip of a big container. What you can do to get ontop of it is to go around it and jump ontop of the rocks and onto the container.

Last edited by KFZ Scrubs; 11-02-2009 at 02:34 AM.
KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Scavenger Shotgun

Magazine:

The magazine is to your right as soon as you enter the sewage area (the left side where the catch-a-ride pole is). It's ontop of a rock platform, what you need to do to get up to it is climb up the boxes that are stacked up right next to it.

Stock:

The stock is right across the metallic bridge that goes across the sewage area. As soon as you get across the Stock is sitting ontop of a box to the side of a house with some tarp ontop of it. It should be directly in front of you when get off from crossing the bridge.

Barrel:

Use the crates where the stock was to climp up to the top of the house. The Barrel is ontop of the house where the stock is located.

Sight:

Stay ontop of the building where the Barrel is. Now face northeast and start hopping across the buildings. The Sight is ontop of a cement structure (similar to where you got the first piece), to get to it you have to hop ontop of a water tower and hop onto the cement structure where the sight is.

Scavenger Machine Gun

Barrel:

The Barrel is to your right as soon as you walk through the entrance (eastern entrance). Climb up the platform and the Barrel should be leaning up against wall.

Stock:

After going through the enterance, there should be an area where there's a fire and a pig roasting to the left. There's a metallic container and the Stock is sitting onto of that metallic container. To get to it, hop ontop of the table and boxes in front of the fire and jump ontop to the container.

Magazine:

If you look up on your map, you'll see to circles in the northeast direction of the waypoint. Those are huts, it's on the left hut (blue top hut). It's on the roof, so climb up ontop of boxes around the house to get ontop to the magazine.

Body:

Near the vending machines (that are directly in front of you towards the center when you first enter the are) there are two cylindrical objects near them. The Body is ontop of them, so jump ontop some boxes near the shack behind the cylindrical objects. From there jump ontop of the roof of the shack right across from it. Continue to jump up and work your way acros to the top of the cylindrical objects.

Last edited by KFZ Scrubs; 11-02-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

reserving one more just in case.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
The GunOfTheWest

GunOfTheWest's Gamercard
Good idea, I was going to do one of these during my second playthrough, but you beat me to it. PM the guy who did the guide so he'll include a link, it would be really useful to have in there.
The GunOfTheWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:56 AM   #5
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Yup, already did so.
This should actually stop all the stop everyone asking where certain scavenger parts are. I'm actually going to ask a mod to stick this.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
Ionus

Nezron's Gamercard
Thank you for your time to do this guide. (I don't need it), but maybe this will stop the people asking for help on these things..

good job. good job.
Ionus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
aussiegamer

HoMiCiDaL362's Gamercard
Good work.

I spent about 8 minutes or so looking for a part once. Annoying!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
StopNaggin

StopNaggin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for this, the compass on this game really sux for some reason. this should help alot. I know I spent 20 mins looking for the revolver piece in the car.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
grundog82

grundog82's Gamercard
Top notch m8 helped me find the piece I'd been searchin everywhere for thank you

Target by 31/12/10 90,000

grundog82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Glad to see that it's helping so many people. I know how you guys feel too... once i spent 30 minutes looking for the SMG magazine. It was such an obvious spot and i was over complicating it for myself.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Great guide with awesome pics! Nice work, I know people will find this very useful.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #12
Voxael

Voxael's Gamercard
Thank you!

I was having so much trouble with the Machine Gun in the Salt Flats. I signed in here to see if someone else had asked where the last piece was and found this instead. After half an hour of frustration, it took me about 30 seconds to get the piece I needed.
Voxael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
Damnil82

Damnil82's Gamercard
Wow.. what a great guide. This helped me out tremendously!

Thank you!

Damnil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #14
Enemy Instinct

Enemy Instinct's Gamercard
Wicked thanks. One or two pieces that I always felt like an idiot when I realized where they were.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
chalmers1

Thanks for this, I was looking ages for the Revolver barrel

chalmers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:09 AM   #16
prezskroob

prezskroob's Gamercard
Thank you so much. I spent an hour looking for that revolver barrel. I should have come here first, like always.

This is all part of my "Get Rich Slow" scheme.
-The late, great Mitch Hedberg, r.i.p.
prezskroob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #17
steadfastlamb

steadfastlamb's Gamercard
great help on that damn revolver. thanks.
steadfastlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #18
DarknessEvolved

DarknessEvolved's Gamercard
thank you. you do a better job than the strategy guide at describing where to go.
DarknessEvolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #19
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessEvolved View Post
thank you. you do a better job than the strategy guide at describing where to go.
Haha, whoaa damn, now that makes me feel good about making this guide.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #20
Blythe99

Blythe99's Gamercard
Is there a way to drop a quest? I picked up the combat rifle sight, but it didn't take. Now the reticle just points me to the barrel. I can't complete the quest. I restarted the game/rezoned several times. Can I drop/restart the quest?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #21
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythe99 View Post
Is there a way to drop a quest? I picked up the combat rifle sight, but it didn't take. Now the reticle just points me to the barrel. I can't complete the quest. I restarted the game/rezoned several times. Can I drop/restart the quest?

Thanks
Sorry, I'm pretty sure you can't drop it.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:26 AM   #22
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just started playing this game, looking forward to using this guide. Thank you.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote