PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Tural

The Tural's Gamercard
Intel Locations

Individual videos in SD:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...69CA96C1D2463B
Compilation videos in HD (mistical)
Intel Locations Part 1
Intel Locations Part 2

Act I
Level: S.S.D.D.
  1. Under the watch tower, straight across from the entrance to the obstacle course.

Level: Team Player
  1. In a classroom upstairs, just before you exit the school. Someone announces "I think I saw one go in that classroom" and then your team goes in. It's on the right wall as you enter, on a desk by the barrels.
  2. Right as you exit the school, it's on a crate directly outside, next to a taxi.

Level: Cliffhanger
  1. Directly in front of you when you when Soap tells you to go ahead alone, there's a guard tower. Up the ladder, on the catwalk is the Intel.
  2. When you're about to enter the building with Soap, go to the previous building in the alley where the Jet is inside the hanger. Break out the window and grab the Intel sitting inside.
  3. During the snowmobile sequence, when you get near 1850m from the finish, stop. Somewhere in front of you you should see a small wooden fence surrounding some trees in the middle of the path, and a small wooden building up a hill to the right. The Intel is on the ground inside the fenced area with trees, run it over with the snowmobile to collect it. Big thanks to Janco and gurnard for helping find this last Intel. [Pictures (mistical): 1 - 2 - 3]

Level: Takedown
  1. On the map (Hit start), go towards the South-West corner when you enter the favela. You should find a motorcycle leaning against a building. In front of it, there's a building with an angled wall and a large window in said wall. Go through the door to the right of that window, the Intel is straight inside. [Pic of map], this is where the motorcycle is, the building is right where I'm looking to.]
  2. When you come up the alley and see the building with the ladder on the wall, go up it and through the door, the Intel is on a table right inside. [Pic of map]
  3. Hard to describe. Inside a building you enter by going up a small wooden staircase. There's three guys inside you have to kill. [Pic of map]
  4. Near the end of the chase, off an alley, go in the building on the right side of the path, go downstairs and the Intel is between two beds. [Pic of map]
Act II
Level: Wolverines!
  1. On the counter in the gas station after you come through the alley.
  2. Inside CRB Financial (Across from the Nate's Restaurant), near the front door, under a sign labeled "Online Banking."
  3. On a table inside Taco To Go. Enter the building through the blown up corner.
  4. Inside a dumpster (In a small brick enclosure) on the east side of Burger Town, visible from the Burger Town roof ladder. Thanks to PasPer2 for this location. [Pictures (Thanks mistical): 1 - 2]

Level: The Hornet's Nest
  1. Near the beginning, after you move forward from the first building, go into the house to the right of where Soap stops in the road (There's a blue car in the garage). Go past the blue car into the kitchen to find the Intel on the table.
  2. After clearing the small lot (Has a bunch of appliances and cars), instead of going right up the stairs between buildings, go left around the three-level house (Floors are colored red, yellow, red), and look in the little hut attached to its side to find the Intel on some barrels.
  3. As you move up the sloped street, there is a blue car on the right side of the street. In the building on that side, there is an Intel laptop up on the second floor, on the table.
  4. When you enter the last open lot and are supposed to go up on the roof, turn to the right and look in the window behind the soccer goal to find the Intel inside a window.

Level: Exodus
  1. In the apartment office, near where the enemies are first repelling in from a chopper. It has red walls and blue curtains inside. On the desk is the Intel laptop.
  2. In the right-side building of the structure that forms an arch over the road (With toll booths), on a desk directly to the right as you enter.
  3. After you cross the bridge, proceed into the second house on the right side of the street. Enter from the front door, and go to your right and up the stairs. Above those stairs is a yellow couch with the Intel on it.

Level: The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday
  1. In the room before you go back outside (After breaching), the Intel is on one of the metal racks against the wall.
  2. After executing 'Plan B,' in the room Soap goes into on the right, the Intel is on a metal rack right inside the door. This is after passing the room you breached.
  3. After clearing outside, when the team starts going up the stairs, go in the room to the right (You were probably in this building before when told to take cover a minute ago), and look under the stairs on some wooden palettes to find the Intel.

Level: The Gulag
  1. As your team moves towards the arch with the red light, go to the stone stairs before it, inside the room on the far wall is the Intel sitting on some filing cabinets.
  2. On a desk behind the large wall of monitors you encounter on your way through.
  3. After you obtain the riot shield and leave the room where you got it, turn left and proceed down the hallway. In the first open cell on the right-side wall is the Intel on a desk.
  4. When you find the person you're looking for, turn to your left and the Intel is on the desk.

Level: Of Their Own Accord
  1. Inside the elevator that keeps trying to close (In the hallway after you enter the Senate building), to the right of the body sitting inside. You may have to jump and crouch on the body to get inside.
  2. After climbing up the debris piles through holes in the floor, in the room with a balcony (Out on the balcony is a missile launcher), go to your left as you enter the room, and enter the door straight ahead (Near the portrait of Franklin Pierce) and the Intel is on a table down a small hallway leading to a bathroom.
Act III
Level: Contingency
  1. When you come to the three-man patrol standing near the fence, kill them and go over to where they were. The Intel is about ten feet south on a crate under a parachute.
  2. The building labeled "33" along the angled south-west fence houses an Intel item on a metal desk right inside the northern door.
  3. Just north of building 33, find the stairs leading to a helipad (Helipad has blue lights on the corners), the Intel is in the north-western corner.

Level: Whiskey Hotel
  1. When you're told to go left to the building, after passing through the Oval Office, the Intel is in the hallway on a couch to the left.
  2. After you go up the first stairs towards the roof, the Intel is to your right on a desk. This should be about the time when the you see the flares get lit.

Level: Loose Ends
  1. Before entering the house, go out behind it and find the small boat hanger along the shore. The Intel is on a crate outside of it.
  2. In the locked room on the top floor of the house, on a desk straight in front of the door.
  3. In the nearest locked room in the basement, go into the arms room to the left, straight across from the wall of weapons on a crate.

Level: The Enemy of My Enemy
  1. Immediately to your right when you start the level, in the front of the plane.
  2. After you slide down out of the plane hull and move across the street and up the hill, look for the plane pointing towards the road. The Intel is inside, near the cockpit.

Level: Just Like Old Times
  1. As you enter the tunnels, go left as instructed. After the patrol passes, kill the guard standing at the monitor and go straight across to find the Intel on a crate just to the right of the cave entrance.
  2. To the left on a desk right before you go outside from the tunnels.
  3. After coming across the ridge, in an alcove, on a crate. [Pic of map]
  4. On the desk with soda cans after you breach the room, near where your ally is working on the computer.

Level: Endgame
  1. Right at the start, before you board the boat.

MW2 Intel Locations MW2 Headquarters - By HBN heartbraden My Site

Last edited by Tural; 11-27-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Tural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Would be a good idea to put a possible Spolier alert in the title!!

Where did you get this info from..source? Looks like it will help though! I did MW Intel without a guide so i'd probably not need this but at least I know its here just in case!

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,477

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Tural

The Tural's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorsworthy View Post
Where did you get this info from..source?
Myself, looking for them as I play the game.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
LukeWnek
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to LukeWnek

Thanatopsizing's Gamercard
amazing job dude, now I do not need to back and play through a 2nd time. Thanks a lot.
LukeWnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
swaveman

Swaveman's Gamercard
Great guide. I will definitely use this for those tricky hard to find spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamelessSoul View Post
So you made a thread to complain about the threads that people make and complain about stuff? Hrrrrmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
you make a game about the civil war and you spell Lincoln's name wrong?
swaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
neil_lien

Looks good so far, well structured... definitely going to help when I run through the campaign at the start! Just need to find the "unknown" intels, a pic of each would be great if you had the time but not necessary.

Should be stickied when complete IMO.

+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Jethrow

Jethrow Mulisha's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
isn't if funny how people are not descrete at the fact they have probably an illegal copy of the game and try to beat people to make the roadmap and shit.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
Tural

The Tural's Gamercard
That's the sort of thing I politely asked to keep out of this thread. I'm making the guide to help people, and I'm sure some would appreciate having the guide on day one, as opposed to having to wait for one to be written after the release. There's no reason to bring hostility and defamation into this thread.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
neil_lien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrow View Post
isn't if funny how people are not descrete at the fact they have probably an illegal copy of the game and try to beat people to make the roadmap and shit.
Wind your neck in, identifying the locations of collectables is hardly Road Map material. I certainly welcome his effort in finding them.

+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
Teh BeZ

Send a message via MSN to Teh BeZ

Teh BeZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrow View Post
I was thinking the same thing lol !

But cheers all the same dude hopefully it'll be done before it's realesed so I can just use this as I go along :P
Old 11-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
Jethrow

Jethrow Mulisha's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tural View Post
That's the sort of thing I politely asked to keep out of this thread. I'm making the guide to help people, and I'm sure some would appreciate having the guide on day one, as opposed to having to wait for one to be written after the release. There's no reason to bring hostility and defamation into this thread.
NO no, i'm not trying to hostile or anything. I just find it funny that all the amount of people creating threads who obviosly have an illegal copy of the game. But then again, this is an achievement site and alot of those on here will appretiate it.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #12
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
^^umm DUR DA DER!!
StillTIPPIN187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #13
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Nice! I'm happy to see an intel list already so I won't have to wait for a week for a video guide or something, text guides work great for the CoD games, video guides are better for games with HUGE collection achievements, like GTA IV pigeons or Crackdown orbs, maps also work better for them obviously.

I'm still debating whether I should try to get the intel at the same time as I play through Veteran the first time or not. Tural can you tell me a couple things? Does this game save your intel the same way CoD4 did? Also, is there a cheat menu for getting intel? Thanks.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #14
Tural

The Tural's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Tural can you tell me a couple things? Does this game save your intel the same way CoD4 did? Also, is there a cheat menu for getting intel? Thanks.
I'm not sure how COD4 handled them, too long since I got COD4's, but if you're asking if the game will save them as soon as you get them, yes. I've been just doing mission select, finding ones I missed, then quitting the mission and it keeps them.
I haven't found any cheat menu after having gotten 39/45 Intel and beating the game. Don't know if anything unlocks at 45, but I haven't seen anything unlock yet.

On an unrelated note, the ones I'm missing on Cliffhanger and Wolverines are driving me crazy. Searched each map inch-by-inch several times and haven't come up with the missing two.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #15
PasPer2

Mission - Wolverines.

4. Drop from the top of the roof of Burger Town in to the waste bin (East side).
PasPer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #16
Tural

The Tural's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip, added to the first post.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #17
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Wow sometimes i wonder about the way this site is run, Somebody started a Guide for this game yesterday but it got closed about 3 minutes after it was made but forsome aparant reason this guide hasn't been closed and even got a sticky. I mean come on Mods/Admins if your gonna make rules enforce them for everyone, This is not aimed at the OP in anyway i just think its unfair.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:00 AM   #18
Slegger

Send a message via MSN to Slegger

ClassifiedSnipa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Wow sometimes i wonder about the way this site is run, Somebody started a Guide for this game yesterday but it got closed about 3 minutes after it was made but forsome aparant reason this guide hasn't been closed and even got a sticky. I mean come on Mods/Admins if your gonna make rules enforce them for everyone, This is not aimed at the OP in anyway i just think its unfair.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

One guy's topic gets locked, but this doesn't? Really? Extremely stupid and hypocritical if you ask me.
Slegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:43 AM   #19
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Nice Guide
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #20
LukeWnek
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to LukeWnek

Thanatopsizing's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Agreed. You shouldn't lock someones achievement guide before a game is released then allow this, although this guide is good, so was the other one even though it was just being formulated, hell maybe he liked the game so much he wanted to secure the position of guide maker.
LukeWnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #21
darksteppin

TH3 JMAN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Anyone find the last one yet?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:03 AM   #22
Tural

The Tural's Gamercard
The one of Cliffhanger is ridiculous. I have spent no less than five hours looking for it over today/yesterday and can't even think of a place where it could be, since I'm fairly certain I've gone over every area of the map repeatedly. Bleh, going to go insane. Someone with fresh eyes may have to find it, it doesn't seem to want to be found by me.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #23
gurnard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tural View Post
The one of Cliffhanger is ridiculous. I have spent no less than five hours looking for it over today/yesterday and can't even think of a place where it could be, since I'm fairly certain I've gone over every area of the map repeatedly. Bleh, going to go insane. Someone with fresh eyes may have to find it, it doesn't seem to want to be found by me.
it's between some trees during the snowmobile chase sequence near the end of the level. you don't actually collect it in the usual way, you run it over in the snowmobile. i found it completely by accident
gurnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:09 AM   #24
FakePlasticTree

FakePIasticTree's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurnard View Post
it's between some trees during the snowmobile chase sequence near the end of the level. you don't actually collect it in the usual way, you run it over in the snowmobile. i found it completely by accident
Can you be more specific? There are A LOT of trees in that sequence. Before or after the ice lake?

^^^ Follow Me!!! ^^^
FakePlasticTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #25
darksteppin

TH3 JMAN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakePlasticTree View Post
Can you be more specific? There are A LOT of trees in that sequence. Before or after the ice lake?
I just got to the sequence again and i'm like damn theres alot of trees lol.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #26
xx_0_0_xx

In the nearest locked room in the basement, go into the arms room to the left, straight across from the wall of weapons on a crate.

Any hits? Im looking over 10 times basement and not see him :/
xx_0_0_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #27
Janco

Tural Ive found the final intel on Cliffhanger.

Basically its the last section of the mission where you are on the snowmobile. When you are about 1800 metres from the extraction there is a hut and the surrounded wooded area in rough proximity to this hut is where I found the intel. You run over the intel in the snowmobile and it gets picked up automatically.

Sorry for the lack of specifics but you cannot see the intel as its hidden by trees also whilst on the snowmobile no map is available.

Just remember navigating this section is awkward as your being pummled by a helicopter. Also remember the B button is slow down and reverse.

Remember to credit people who have directly aided this guide. Thank You

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Janco; 11-03-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Janco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #28
Tural

The Tural's Gamercard
Wow, thanks everyone. I had been completely ignoring the snowmobile segment since there wasn't a way to get off the snowmobile. I'll grab the Intel and add it in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_0_0_xx View Post
In the nearest locked room in the basement, go into the arms room to the left, straight across from the wall of weapons on a crate.

Any hits? Im looking over 10 times basement and not see him :/
When the mission tells you to breach the two doors in the basement of the estate, go down to Scarecrow (I think he's the one down there), and look down the hallway. Go to the door on the right side and breach it. When inside, turn to the left and go into a small room with a bunch of weapons inside, the Intel is across from the wall of weapons, on one of the crates.

I'm going to start working on a video guide now that we've found all of them.

Last edited by Tural; 11-03-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #29
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
WOW theres a intel guide for this and its not even out yet! fair enought nice guide! - wil be using this soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #30
wakey77

X wakey x's Gamercard
Never mind the intel what's the game like ppl does it live up to the hype?