PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Last Remnant
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
KindaHustin

Question about Glenys

I tell all of my leaders to focus on Combat arts, always. Glenys recently asked if she should learn hexes, and I said no. She responded by saying that I was right, and that she was going to work at strengthening her Mystic Arts. Wikia says that she is initially balanced, and she asks for direction at BR 39 and BR 62. I got her before BR 39, and I'm pretty sure I told her "Combat arts, of course" when she asked. Is this something that she just says? Or did I mess her up somewhere? If I say combat arts at BR 62, will she be balanced if I did for some reason say Mystic arts before, or will she switch to Combat? The difference between Optimal/Aura Tataraichi and Parrying Tataraichi (what she ends up with if she's combat orriented) is really huge. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but thanks!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
Anavryn

Anavryn's Gamercard
I'm not 100% sure myself, but I'll explain what I've read in related topics. First, by telling her not to learn hexes she wil never ask again. I made this mistake early in my game with Baulson (facepalm). I'm not sure if there is any harm in saying no or to focus on what they are currently learning. I'm pretty sure it just means they will level up their primary skils faster since they have less skills to focus on.

Secondly, I've read that depending on how you play the character, their 'type' may change. Thus if you select 'Combat Arts' and keep using Mystic Arts, they will eventually go towards Mystic. I'm not sure if there is truth beyond that so it's safest to look up the characters on the wikia and make sure they are going down the path you'd like.

Moral of the story: if you're going to do a skill grind later, there is no harm in selecting them to learn additional arts and for the love of jebus make sure you say yes to Baulson and not end up like a certain somone.

Last edited by Anavryn; 11-06-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Anavryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:59 AM   #3
KindaHustin

Oh, so I want her to learn hexes? And Baulson too? Because I'm going for purely combat unions, and I was worried that if anyone learned hexes it would clutter out my combat options in battle. What does teaching Baulson hexes do, and is it something that someone doing a strongly combat oriented playthrough would want him to learn? Thanks for your awesome answer, it just seems like with this game the more answers I get the more questions I have, lol.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 AM   #4
vinnievegaz

vinnievegaz's Gamercard
If they ask if they should learn hexes or continue with their current path you can chose either or. When they ask what they should focus on you get the option of several things one of which is combat arts of course as long as you choose that option your ok
Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Hexes is useless except for Irina. Glenys should just deal damage, focus on healing and using Swordflash every 2 turns.