PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
oVo Pandora oVo

oVo Pandora oVo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Member of the Month   Poker Tournament 3rd Place   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
How Do You Craft

May seem like a dumb question but I just can't figure it out. I have to make some potions to complete a side quest. Unless my character has to have the herbalism skill, I just don't get how to do it. I thought I could use one of party members who has that skill to make a potion, but I just can't figure it out. So any info on how to craft would be much appreciated. Thanks

Edit. Nevermind I finally figured it out, you have to assign the skill, then use the corresponding button to actually craft a potion for those that can't figure it out either lol

Last edited by oVo Pandora oVo; 11-05-2009 at 05:03 PM.
oVo Pandora oVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
hgroce15

flipflipadelfia's Gamercard
It took me a while to figure this out as well since my main char doesn't have any tradeskills atm.

You need to select the party member that does have the tradeskill (herbalism, poison, etc). Then press and hold the Left Trigger to bring up the Radial Menu. You then need to select the appropriate skill from the radial menu, and then select the tradeskill. This will then bring up a new window that allows you to select which thing you want to make.

For example, I used Leliana to make some poisons for a quest. I selected her while she was in my party, brought up the radial menu, selected the Poison icon, from the main radial menu, then selected Poisons again from the second radial menu (it also showed all the different poisons I had in my inventory, so you may have to select the right/left arrow on the secondary radial menu to find the tradeskill). Once I selected Poisons a second time, it brought up the tradeskill window that allowed me to create the various poisons.

However, you do have to have the patterns to create the items. I do not know if by default you learn some base patterns or not, but Leliana only had two at the time. So you may also need to purchase a pattern before you can see/use the tradeskill icon.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
oVo Pandora oVo

oVo Pandora oVo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Member of the Month   Poker Tournament 3rd Place   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Thanks I did finally figure it out but your explanation is more detailed.