PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
SoulReaver626

Creeper Splort's Gamercard
"Slayer" achievement in Nature of the Beast Glitched?SPOILERS

I played through the quest and was doing everything I could to help the werewolves just because I preferred to.I sided with them in every aspect from refusing to kill them to getting the Danish Elf leader to lift their curse and absolutely refusing when he insisted that I kill the werewolves.After it was all said and done,I get the achievement for siding with the elves and not the werewolves.WTF?

So,I figure that since the game is still new,maybe the achievements are glitched.Perhaps they are a**backwards and I try doing everything to side with the elves.I flat-out kill every last werewolf including Witherfang,and still no achievement.

I sided with the wolves and got the achievement for siding with the elves-I try to side with the elves in an attempt to get the (possibly glitched) achievement for siding with the werewolves and still nothing.

Does anyone know what has to be done to get this achievement?I've played through it multiple times now,using different choices every time.HELP.

Games 100%:58
"Aim for the head;that's where the pudding is!"
SoulReaver626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
Sporty Flea

timax360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReaver626 View Post
I played through the quest and was doing everything I could to help the werewolves just because I preferred to.I sided with them in every aspect from refusing to kill them to getting the Danish Elf leader to lift their curse and absolutely refusing when he insisted that I kill the werewolves.After it was all said and done,I get the achievement for siding with the elves and not the werewolves.WTF?

So,I figure that since the game is still new,maybe the achievements are glitched.Perhaps they are a**backwards and I try doing everything to side with the elves.I flat-out kill every last werewolf including Witherfang,and still no achievement.

I sided with the wolves and got the achievement for siding with the elves-I try to side with the elves in an attempt to get the (possibly glitched) achievement for siding with the werewolves and still nothing.

Does anyone know what has to be done to get this achievement?I've played through it multiple times now,using different choices every time.HELP.
Man just think about it, it's a pretty simple storyline concept. Follow the path that has you kill the elfs, not lift the curse. If you lift the curse, how do you expect to have an army of werewolfs? Nothing is glitched, you just made assumptions you shouldn't have.

Sporty Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
kr4t0s

RDMS17's Gamercard
Seems bugged for me as well. I sided with the wolfs, I got the elf to lift the curse then he died and the wolfs turned into humans again. And I got the "side with the elfs" achievement.
kr4t0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Sporty Flea

timax360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4t0s View Post
Seems bugged for me as well. I sided with the wolfs, I got the elf to lift the curse then he died and the wolfs turned into humans again. And I got the "side with the elfs" achievement.
read my post? tyvm.

Sporty Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
kr4t0s

RDMS17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty Flea View Post
read my post? tyvm.
D'oh ye my bad. Just loaded the save game tried it again. He lifted the curse couldn't get the right dialog for him not to. Werewolfs turned to humans but the forest spirit remained. And kept saying "I will find a cure somehow" So thats weird.

Tried again: Meh can't get the dialog. Guess I will have to do it next playtrough.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
Siduakal77

Siduakal77's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Requires a high coercion.. its a Persuade check.
Siduakal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
when_vegans_attack

III GOBLIN III's Gamercard
I think the part that is confusing for most people is that they are, in a way, "siding with the werewolves" when they don't kill them and reach a compromise with the Dalish.

You walk up to the spirit and listen to her pleas (instead of killing her like the Elves first ask) and then you convince the Elves not to slaughter them and further - lift the curse (something the werewolf leader asks you to do.) To most people that would be considered "siding with the Werewolves."

They should change the desciption to say "recruited a Dalish army" or "recruited a werewolf army."

100% Retail:
Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Darksiders, Guitar Hero 5, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Dante's Inferno

100% Arcade:
Magic: The Gathering, Fable II Pub Games, Zombie Apocalypse, Dash of Destruction

Last edited by when_vegans_attack; 11-06-2009 at 09:36 AM.
when_vegans_attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #8
SleepingDemon

SleepingDemon1's Gamercard
Has anyone gotten this though? Do you actually get the werewolf army?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
dn604

dn604's Gamercard
Does anyone know if siding with the wolves messes up the Standard-Bearer achievement? Most guides say it is story related, so should be fine.

Just curious as I was under the impression you would need the elves on your side for that achievement.

Thanks.
dn604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #10
wizzlestick

Doctor Tiki's Gamercard
Quote:
I believe the only way is to [persuade] her the first time you meet her by saying the choice "Kill Zathrian. Kill the Elves."

They will then ambush Zathrian at the Danish camp and offer their assistance in the final battle.

Any other outcome makes you side with the Elves.
wizzlestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #11
wizzlestick

Doctor Tiki's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dn604 View Post
Does anyone know if siding with the wolves messes up the Standard-Bearer achievement? Most guides say it is story related, so should be fine.

Just curious as I was under the impression you would need the elves on your side for that achievement.

Thanks.
It doesn't matter if you side with Elves or Werewolves you will still get the Standard-Bearer achievement. (its story based you can't miss it, basically just means you have completed the major quest lines)
Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
wizzlestick

Doctor Tiki's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingDemon View Post
Has anyone gotten this though? Do you actually get the werewolf army?
Yes in the final battle you can select Werewolves from your radial menu to summon.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
kr4t0s

RDMS17's Gamercard
Well I you want to side with the werewolf's don't go there until you have Master Coercion. I went there on like level 8 and only had up to Improved Coercion and couldn't get the werewolf's to attack the elfs.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #14
dn604

dn604's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzlestick View Post
It doesn't matter if you side with Elves or Werewolves you will still get the Standard-Bearer achievement. (its story based you can't miss it, basically just means you have completed the major quest lines)
Thank you sir!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #15
dn604

dn604's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4t0s View Post
Well I you want to side with the werewolf's don't go there until you have Master Coercion. I went there on like level 8 and only had up to Improved Coercion and couldn't get the werewolf's to attack the elfs.
You just need Expert Coercion, not Master. I just did this last night.

With Expert when you mention killing the elves, they agree. Without Expert, they don't and this is the path to the achievement.

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:34 AM   #16
Aspen

Thumbs down

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty Flea View Post
Man just think about it, it's a pretty simple storyline concept. Follow the path that has you kill the elfs, not lift the curse. If you lift the curse, how do you expect to have an army of werewolfs? Nothing is glitched, you just made assumptions you shouldn't have.
For a guy that takes the time to write up a road map, you sure can't take a sec to answer a problem many players are having.
They are right, you are an ass.
Why bother typing if you going to be this way.
He cleary states can someone help me, not point out his faults.
Go take a nice long dirt nap flea.
Aspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #17
xI DaR3DeViL Ix

Send a message via AIM to xI DaR3DeViL Ix Send a message via MSN to xI DaR3DeViL Ix

Boxset Dan THFC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Edit: New Thread

Thanks to Audacios for the awesome sig!
Props to Gackt for the amazing avatars!

Last edited by xI DaR3DeViL Ix; 01-05-2010 at 08:33 PM.
xI DaR3DeViL Ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
GarethGoreYaDig?

i just came to a compromise, assuming that would get me the werewolf achievement.
but turns out u gotta choose to kill zathrian
ima just have to go for a 3rd playthrough to get it
GarethGoreYaDig? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #19
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siduakal77 View Post
Requires a high coercion.. its a Persuade check.
Oh shit. Better save trying to recruit the elves for last then since I'm gonna need to put some points in Coercion then.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #20
MisaaAmane

Send a message via ICQ to MisaaAmane Send a message via MSN to MisaaAmane Send a message via Skype™ to MisaaAmane

MisaaAmane's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sigh, things always have to get personal.
I don't see what's so bad for some one to get irritated with some one not paying attention lol.

As for the achievement, yes you have to (persuade) Kill the elves, then ambush the camp, thats how you get it. Need your persuasion maxed out.

Note: Save before making a choice, if you want ironbark armor, and you didn't hand this quest in before going to werewolves, then you won't get a chance to do it as the guy will be dead.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #21
GarethGoreYaDig?

ok this is how it works

you have to choose the option to kill the elves else it doesnt work.
if you have high enough coercion you have a option fairly early in the option saying to attack the elves and kill zathrian, its a persuade option

you go into the camp and go through a fairly easy fight then a cutscene. you get a werewolf army and apaz the spirit too

so thats how u get that achievement
GarethGoreYaDig? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #22
TsarBlandi

TsarBlandi's Gamercard
you only need expert coercian and 14 points in cunning

then when you talk to witherfang chose the option where you want to kill the elves, you MUST have the above talents/points for it to work
TsarBlandi is offline   Reply With Quote