PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #61
Skipshrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx Ducky xv View Post
For those having difficulty with Snatch & Grab...

If a Juggernaut spawns behind you when your sniping enemies below, turn around (facing the Juggernaut) and run out the right side of the plane then immediately left, there's a plane in front of you that you can climb up into and the Juggernauts can't get you there. Then you just carefully snipe them.

Someone mentioned this method on Youtube and I'm so grateful he did, when me and my friend were trying it, 4 juggernauts spawned behind us!
Ended up killing a grand total of 6 that time lol

This worked VERY, VERY well for the mission. Thanks a ton!
Skipshrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #62
StopNaggin

StopNaggin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickeddark View Post

Race
This one is simply, you just have to make it to the bottom of the hill in 1 minute and 10 seconds on the snowmobile to get the three stars. Follow the trail, dont try to take shortcuts through the trees, and try to avoid jumps that get you airtime as well, as you will slow down on the landing. Shoot enemies if they are in front of you, but for the most part you can ignore them. Only one player has to reach the finish line for both to get the three stars for this.

Actually both have to do it under 1:10, my friend and I did this last night I got it and he didn't
Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #63
Copyright
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Odan View Post
Take the second turret and put it a little bit near the restaurant behind the gas station
This is for Homeland Security... There is no second turret, or I'm blind.
Copyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #64
ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyright View Post
There be one. Check the place out.
ALIENwolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:48 AM   #65
vx Ducky xv

Evil Duck Lady's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipshrike View Post
This worked VERY, VERY well for the mission. Thanks a ton!
No problem, glad it helped

Completed Retail (23) Completed Arcade (5)
vx Ducky xv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 AM   #66
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyright View Post
There's one outside of the gas station, and one in the building to the side of the gas station. You can just turn around at spawn and go through the back door. You'll find it close by.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #67
MeanJay

MeanJay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Odan View Post

Breach and Clear:

This is a hard one, straight from the campaign. To start off, take the M4 and the Saiga(SA12). This is going to be a bit complex, but this is how I did it. Take the M203(Noob Tube) and place the charge on the wall. Once the wall blows up, shoot the tube at the end of the room near the five or six enemies and knife the one in front of you. Take out the Saiga and move to the lockers. Now it gets tricky. Throw flash bangs and rush in and grab a Riot Shield(not sure where exactly, but I found one near a locker, but I might of killed that person and picked it up). To be safe, throw a few grenades before the flash bang and grab the shield. Once you have the shield, back up so the enemies guarding the third room(The two shield guys) move out of there. Once they are out, move in with the shield with your back to the wall and fall into the whole.

It might take a few tries, but it works.
Good strategy, but my buddy and I did it in 18.5 sec (IW is full of crap) by using the grenade launcher in the slow breach, flashing the second room, then flashing the 3rd room (the secret is to toss the flash straight over the middle of the lockers). Of course you need to fire everything you got, but don't slow down. We did it both and didn't get touched.

Thanks for the other spec ops strategies.
MeanJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #68
Hellknight79

Insomnia zzzz's Gamercard
I have a good strategy I used to pass Wardriving.

My friend and I went along and cleared the houses like you usually would, but without downloading the intel from the computers. We then took the sentry turret from the middle house and set it up along with the other 2 in the furthest house from the start/end of the mission. We placed about 20 Claymores all around and they do most of the work for you when you do the download (I never actually even saw anyone during that download time).

When they're clear take any surviving turrets (we usually just had one) and bring it back to the middle house. We used 10 claymores here as it's the easiest house to defend. Then we used all the Claymores we had left (20) to defend the house closest to the start/end.

Working backwards like this makes it so you are already right next to the Honey Badger at the end of the mission so you don't have to fight your way back down the street. Other advantages are that you have 3 sentry turrets for the furthest house, and should still have one for the middle house like you normally would. Also any of the Claymores that aren't tripped during the defense of the far house may kill ememies that spawn there during the defense of the middle house.

You still want to lase the front of the houses, obviously, as you defend them and clear them. In the far house we were positioned in the wine celler and the hall next to it. The middle house we were behind the bar next to the computer. The house near the start/finish we were in the 2 rooms closest to the finish and just hopped out of the back window right next to the Striker when the download was over.

Last edited by Hellknight79; 11-17-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo
Hellknight79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #69
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tom View Post
Is it possible to play Co-Operative Special Ops Missions with "Strangers" over XBOX Live?

Other than split screen, I can only see the option to invite someone from my friends list.

Does anyone know?
Invite only for Spec ops I believe. Tell you what...the servers are so damned BOMBED that any time I even try playing Spec Ops with a friend online it lags like crazy. I finally stopped bothering and just do em solo or splitscreen for the missions that require two players. It blows too, I'd much rather play over Live than split my nice TV screen.

MadDogChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #70
Br0kenAssass1n

br0kenassass1n's Gamercard
Nice easy way to do Armor Piercing.

One person picks up the AUG, this person will be running about, planting claymores etc. The other picks up the Barrett, who will be laying down facing the second second set of stairs (the one's above the first breach in the campaign), looking towards them.

The person with the AUG needs to plant claymores at the set of doors directly in front of the stairs that the other guy is looking at. This not only damages the Juggernauts, but allows the shooter a chance to get the first shot in (although, if the shooter lays in the right place, the Juggernauts won't see him).

Now for the trick, when the AUG guy has ran about attracting the Juggernaut, run back to the top of the stairs and shoot the Juggernauts as much as possible, if you kill them, good, if you get downed, just as good. Getting downed at the TOP of the stairs stops the Juggernauts from walking back, allowing the Barrett guy to simply pick them off without worrying about them charging him. Even at the end when there's three of them there's more than enough time to kill them and get the partner up.

The only thing you have to worry about is how good the shooter is with the Barrett and how good at dodging bullets the AUG guy is.

Lifetime fan of Sarcasm

Trolling is an artform.
Br0kenAssass1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:42 AM   #71
High Lord Sigma

High Lord Sigma's Gamercard
After some tinkering, I found a perfect solo strategy for Homeland Security.

To begin, swap your pistol for the M14 EBR Thermal, and grab claymores and the first sentry gun. Sprint over as quickly as possible to the diner. Set up both sentries behind the counter to face the main entrance to the diner, and set up a claymore to cover the rear door. After you complete all of that, run to the far corner opposite of the rear entrance and crouch; this will give an excellent view on approaching enemies and vehicles.

At the beginning of each wave, start by sniping all of the foot soldiers that you can. You need not worry about enemies trying to sneak into the diner because the two sentries will slaughter anybody that goes into the front entrance, and the claymore will kill anybody that tries to sneak in through the back. The best part is that the sentries are in positions that are very difficult to hit, so they will never be destroyed.

As for the vehicles, just swap out your SCAR for the RPG-7 launchers strewn on the tables once you've killed all of the foot soldiers. Predator missiles can easily be avoided by lying prone in your main sniping perch until the lock-on is lost, and the ground vehicles are quickly dispatched with a single rocket. As for the helicopters, wait until they finish strafing before you fire to take them down.

As long as you remember to replace the claymore at the back of the diner as needed, you will hardly take any damage with this method on even Veteran difficulty. This strategy should make this mission easy because of how much pressure it takes off of the player to continually watch the entrances.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #72
xavieramo

Revelation1318's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
My tip for "Homeland Security":

Homeland Security is not hard. It's all about camping in the alley behind the restaurant (the one where you spawn).

Stick to the restaurant's wall, behind a column, and pop anyone showing their face.

Just leave the choppers and the tank alone 'till there's no more enemies.

If you stick to the restaurant's wall when they drop the bombs, you will not get hurt. I think after the 2nd wave, they bomb you three times, the first two are going to drop where the cars are (killing enemies also, if they are hiding behind the cars), the third one falls on top of the restaurant, behind you, so it won't hurt you. Maybe hurt you a little bit, but not kill you.

When you're done with the enemies, you can go and destroy the tanks and/or choppers, taking all the time you need.

Note: I did this on Veteran and never used any claymore or turrets, although if you set the turrets is even more help, but they won't last more than 1 wave, usually.

Last edited by xavieramo; 11-18-2009 at 05:09 PM.
xavieramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #73
FlipFlop

Another easy way for snatch and grab http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=190634
FlipFlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:46 PM   #74
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
I did Homeland Security similar to above, only I put one turret in each corner and used a couple of claymores on each door at a time... you probably don't even need them for the first couple of waves.

Have one guy watching the front and one guy watching the garage. You'll want the thermal and M-40 (takes people down easy) guns.

The turrets will take out pretty much every guy... ours got 90 kills, I had about 20 and RogueNinja had 25-30 or so. I barely did anything until wave 40.

The predator and choppers won't get you in the diner.
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #75
SilverLiteMex21

SilverLiteMex21's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieramo View Post
My tip for "Homeland Security":

Homeland Security is not hard. It's all about camping in the alley behind the restaurant (the one where you spawn).

Stick to the restaurant's wall, behind a column, and pop anyone showing their face.

Just leave the choppers and the tank alone 'till there's no more enemies.

If you stick to the restaurant's wall when they drop the bombs, you will not get hurt. I think after the 2nd wave, they bomb you three times, the first two are going to drop where the cars are (killing enemies also, if they are hiding behind the cars), the third one falls on top of the restaurant, behind you, so it won't hurt you. Maybe hurt you a little bit, but not kill you.

When you're done with the enemies, you can go and destroy the tanks and/or choppers, taking all the time you need.

Note: I did this on Veteran and never used any claymore or turrets, although if you set the turrets is even more help, but they won't last more than 1 wave, usually.
i did the same. And it was really easy
SilverLiteMex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #76
WheelzthatKeelz

wh00kie's Gamercard
Just want to say... Me and a friend tried wetwork and snatch&grab like 20 times together, always stuffing up at the end breach and dying in the last area for snatch&grab.... I tried them by myself and got both done within 3 tries.

So just saying that for those 2, it is much easier if you do it solo than in co-op.
WheelzthatKeelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #77
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelzthatKeelz View Post
Just want to say... Me and a friend tried wetwork and snatch&grab like 20 times together, always stuffing up at the end breach and dying in the last area for snatch&grab.... I tried them by myself and got both done within 3 tries.

So just saying that for those 2, it is much easier if you do it solo than in co-op.
I can agree that there are more than a few Spec Ops missions that wind up being easier going at 'em solo.

MadDogChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #78
thepaxman

Really? I just did Snatch & Grab and we had 4 Juggs spawn behind us. The spawns are really random on that level. First time we ran up the left after the plane, I got to the smoke, my partner got downed by a Jugg from behind. Finally we tried running up the right, I hip shot a couple of guys and we made it pretty easily.

Terminal is also very easy with two players.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:10 AM   #79
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
For Homeland Security, I'd suggest going over to Nate's when you've cleared out the 4th wave. On the roof is a turret. There might be one in Burger Town as well.

For Armor Piercing, can anyone tell me where the staircase is that the OP is describing?

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #80
ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
For Homeland Security, I'd suggest going over to Nate's when you've cleared out the 4th wave. On the roof is a turret. There might be one in Burger Town as well.

For Armor Piercing, can anyone tell me where the staircase is that the OP is describing?
You don't really need anything. Just one player in back with heavy weaponry laying down the main fire and one in the front triggering the juggernauts and falling back.
ALIENwolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #81
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

But where would me and my partner go for that one? Would we just stay at the first staircase after the first breach point (from Campaign) or how much further would go in the level?

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
Old 11-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #82
thepaxman

The way me and my partner did it was to go on that scaffolding. He had the Barret, which took them down pretty quickly. I was running up to that gate that slides across after you breach that first room, to trigger them. After the first 4 or 5, they kept coming one at a time until the last couple came together, where I helped out with the Thumper aimed at the white pillar just through that fence.

Also put some claymores in the doorways of that breach room just in case one decides to skip through there, and put some at the top of the ladder to the scaffolding just in case one makes it there.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #83
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellknight79 View Post

My friend and I went along and cleared the houses like you usually would, but without downloading the intel from the computers. We then took the sentry turret from the middle house and set it up along with the other 2 in the furthest house from the start/end of the mission. We placed about 20 Claymores all around and they do most of the work for you when you do the download (I never actually even saw anyone during that download time).

When they're clear take any surviving turrets (we usually just had one) and bring it back to the middle house. We used 10 claymores here as it's the easiest house to defend. Then we used all the Claymores we had left (20) to defend the house closest to the start/end.

Working backwards like this makes it so you are already right next to the Honey Badger at the end of the mission so you don't have to fight your way back down the street. Other advantages are that you have 3 sentry turrets for the furthest house, and should still have one for the middle house like you normally would. Also any of the Claymores that aren't tripped during the defense of the far house may kill ememies that spawn there during the defense of the middle house.

You still want to lase the front of the houses, obviously, as you defend them and clear them. In the far house we were positioned in the wine celler and the hall next to it. The middle house we were behind the bar next to the computer. The house near the start/finish we were in the 2 rooms closest to the finish and just hopped out of the back window right next to the Striker when the download was over.
Just wanted to say, your strategy is excellent. I managed to beat this on Veteran, first time playing it, solo with this strategy.

Getting out of the last house can still be a pain though, as even though I had 3 turrets left, they destroyed them all and I had to slowly work my way out of the garage, while keeping an eye on my back, to avoid getting caught.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #84
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

I have an almost foolproof strategy for Armor Piercing, and it can be done by yourself.

Grab a 50 Cal, and your partner should have one as well. Make sure you keep your Thumper (which is what you have when you start the Mission) Go up flights of stairs until you come outside again and then you'll see a ladder. Climb this ladder. From here, all you'll do is snipe Juggernauts. They can barely hit you up there, and it will never be for more than 1 shot at a time. Be careful, though. Some Juggernauts will enter the door on your right, which will allow them to climb the ladder to your sniping point. But it's pretty simple. Just fire your Thumper every once in a while to have Juggernauts drawn to you then switch your Sniper Rifle and snipe.

Completed Games:
Old 11-20-2009, 06:43 AM   #85
padres1944

StarshipNC51's Gamercard
I and my friend that I'm doing the missions with seem to be the opposite of most people. We basically breezed through Snatch and Grab, Breach and Clear(for this, my mic was broken and we couldn't even talk), and Wetwork, the missions I've seen the most people complaining about. We've had trouble(but eventually finished) on missions that others are saying are easy, like Overwatch. The only one we have left is Armor Piercing, to be done tomorrow.
padres1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #86
roy1751

roy1751's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBroly View Post
I have an almost foolproof strategy for Armor Piercing, and it can be done by yourself.

Grab a 50 Cal, and your partner should have one as well. Make sure you keep your Thumper (which is what you have when you start the Mission) Go up flights of stairs until you come outside again and then you'll see a ladder. Climb this ladder. From here, all you'll do is snipe Juggernauts. They can barely hit you up there, and it will never be for more than 1 shot at a time. Be careful, though. Some Juggernauts will enter the door on your right, which will allow them to climb the ladder to your sniping point. But it's pretty simple. Just fire your Thumper every once in a while to have Juggernauts drawn to you then switch your Sniper Rifle and snipe.
Until 3 Jugs show up at the same time and sprint towards you...
Old 11-20-2009, 10:07 PM   #87
Crimson Ridley

Finally beat that bastard Snatch & Grab! Had to do it solo because my friend likes to not show up on time!

So that makes 10 done in co-op, 13 done solo! And 1000G for me!

EDIT: Sorry, in all my excitement I forgot to thank every single person who has posted strategies in this thread, I used pretty much every single one of them on my mission, and without them I would still be stuck on Suspension or some shit. You're all amazing guys/gals, and thanks for all your help.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 11-20-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #88
Phil the Bear

Phil the Bear's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanJay View Post
Good strategy, but my buddy and I did it in 18.5 sec (IW is full of crap) by using the grenade launcher in the slow breach, flashing the second room, then flashing the 3rd room (the secret is to toss the flash straight over the middle of the lockers). Of course you need to fire everything you got, but don't slow down. We did it both and didn't get touched.

Thanks for the other spec ops strategies.
I was a little apprehensive about doing Breach and Clear because I thought it was a little intense in the campaign on Vet. BUT I slightly modified this suggestion and did it on my 3rd try Solo.

I didn't use any explosives tho - Breach - shoot all the enemies (I always put 2 bullets in each just to make sure they aren't in last stand mode), throw the flash over the lockers into the second room (You only get one flash on Vet in solo) and sprint to the exit. 19.3 seconds to complete.

You do not need to fire again after you have killed everyone in the Breach - or atleast I didnt.

Thanks for this strategy AND thank you to whomever posted the Homeland Security strategy where you hide in the alley in the alcove and just wait for them to come to you. Predator can not hit you as long as you are in the alcove. This one took 47mins 34.40 seconds solo tho! But it was worth it!

Phil the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #89
Broken Bibles

dioskouori's Gamercard
On O cristo I found the easiest way to deal with dogs is to find an object low enough that you can jump onto it like one of the burnt out cars in the begining of the level. Apparently the dogs can't jump and so will sit a growl at you, making for an easy kill.

Otherwise find a corner near the edge of the map that gives you good field of view and wait. They always announce they are coming with barking in the level, so oyu should have time to find a safe perch or corner.

Broken Bibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #90
Sylv

The Sylv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellknight79 View Post

We kind of did this the same way. At first we ignored the first house, because thatis the worst one.

We went to the second house, cleared it, and set up claymores. The sentry we set up facing to look out of the front door and garage. My mate went upstairs to look out the front while I started the download. He then lased the house opposite that the enemy spawned from. The striker pretty much shredded everyone coming out, so it was pretty easy.
Once the download was complete we moved onto the third house. I set up the sentry from house number 2 outside while we cleared.

With house number 3 we set up one sentry out the back loooking down the stairs (a LOT of enemies come from here), one sentry facing out the other back door where the pool was, and the other from house two, we put in the garage facing the small door and garage door to the left. We then laid claymores everywhere and set the download to go. You might have to shot a couple of people.....

Once thats done, take all the sentrys down to house one. After clearing, set up one sentry next to the download facing the door, put one outside the garage entrance facing the road, and the other to the left of the download (looking at it) in the rooms downstairs there (which is also where you/partner should stay), so it faces the small window opposite. Also set up a few claymores in the same area, as a couple come through the window at the back. Once you set up the download you shouldnt have much to deal with. If anything the turret next to the download with get blown up, but the other turret nearby should help. If things get too bad, designate for the striker, but bare in mind the strike can damage your turrets.....
Sylv is offline   Reply With Quote