PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
TBoGT: Gold Star achievement - Videos for ALL 26 missions @ 100%

Credits to the makers of these youtube videos : GTASeriesVideos

I'm only linking the vids in these posts. You would have found it yourself anyways.

Last edited by Trikke; 02-25-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
oO CurrY Oo

oO CurrY Oo's Gamercard
Thx this will help.

Also glad to see someone else from Belgium on this site
oO CurrY Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
B. Von-Benjentop

Helped Alot

-Credit to you
B. Von-Benjentop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
Metalclear

metalclear1982's Gamercard
Great vids! but gotta ask... in Mission 12 "sexy time", how the hell is that car there? when i spawn after picking the mission from the cellphone, there isnt any car around. Must wait for a vehicle to appear and waste a lot of time during this. Any suggestions?
Metalclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
Try going to the spot that the mission starts from and calling Henrique (I think) and get him to deliver a bullet, then start the mission from the phone. That works for another mission, I am not sure if it'll work for this one. Otherwise it's just luck, sometimes there's no cars for miles and others there are a few taxis driving past.
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #8
Metalclear

metalclear1982's Gamercard
Thanks mate. gonna try that tonight and let u fellas know how it went. Wish me luck. Know lots of people been having a hard time with this one

Finally! it worked! half way there now Thanks everybody!

Last edited by Metalclear; 03-10-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Metalclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
MehurinIV

mehuriniv's Gamercard
these are what helped me unlock this achievement. Not sure I could have done it without them... in a reasonable amount of time, that is...
MehurinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #10
SkyJin

SkyJin's Gamercard
In the mission "Going Deep", how do you get the criteria "Hidden Bomb"? I have done the mission a million times to get the time right, but never ever did I get the "Hidden Bomb". I've read somewhere that you have to plant a C-4 under the car. But didn't work for me.

Any suggestions?
SkyJin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
verybadloser

Very Bad Loser's Gamercard
Put the bomb on the front of the car, then make sure to crouch until it tell you to blow it... i get this evertime, i can't see the problem

http://my360stats.com/gs/Very+Bad+Loser/

Games Started : 116
Games Completed 100% : 107

verybadloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
SkyJin

SkyJin's Gamercard
Thanks, I didn't wait for them to do anything. I just triggered it when they was close enough.

However, on "Dropping In".. I call Henrique to get my Bullet GT delievered. But after I use my cell to trigger mission.. it's gone again. Happens everytime, any suggestions here?
SkyJin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #13
Avenged Remains

Avenged Remains's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJin View Post
However, on "Dropping In".. I call Henrique to get my Bullet GT delievered. But after I use my cell to trigger mission.. it's gone again. Happens everytime, any suggestions here?
I had that problem too, just couldn't do that mission so resorted to help from these videos and realised you could call Henrique.

You have to call him and once you see the 'H' appear on your mini-map use your cell phone to start the mission. Once it startes get straight out of the car you're in and get in the one Henrique pulls up in.

I usually just waited until he was in sight before I started the mission, that way saved maybe a couple of extra seconds
Old 05-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
Harry Lloyd

THU31's Gamercard
It's not necessary to get another car in that mission. If you drive without crashing, and then just run quickly with the explosive shotgun, then land on the truck, you'll get it. Don't care about health or accuracy, and you'll have no problems.

I think the only mission I had to use alternative means in was Band Bang. Is it even possible to do that one without a chopper?
Also, has anyone tried to destroy tha train and the plane with Buzzard's rockets? If it worked, that mission would be even easier (although I got 4:43 using the exact method from the video - the bazooka)

Last edited by Harry Lloyd; 05-10-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Harry Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #15
Lord Maim

Yes, you can destroy the train and the subsequent plane using the Buzzard's rockets.
Lord Maim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:37 AM   #16
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Wow, this should help greatly. Thanks for posting these.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
Symbiote Venom

Symbiot3 Venom's Gamercard
Well this Helps alot
Symbiote Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #18
Big Killa C

Big Killa C's Gamercard
These videos are AWESOME! I just got my 80% achievement and only have 3 levels to get 100% on. It's only a matter of time...
Old 09-18-2010, 07:52 AM   #19
Mr Matty
Banned User

Wave 0 Of Horde's Gamercard
Theres is never ever a fast sports car there on sexy time ive done it now 25 times as im a few seconds off each time all i get is a jeep or a premium thing
Mr Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #20
totalnewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matty View Post
Theres is never ever a fast sports car there on sexy time ive done it now 25 times as im a few seconds off each time all i get is a jeep or a premium thing
I am pretty sure you can use the Henrique cellphone trick. go to missino start location, call henrique, request car, and then immediately start mission as you see henrique approach, before he gets out of the car.
totalnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #21
totalnewbie

does anyone have tricks for getting the time limit in going deep? i use RPG when 2nd batch of NOOSe comes, but still never make it. I even parked a chopper at niko's middle park loft and that shaved off another 30 secs but I still am at least 1 minute over time limit.
totalnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #22
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
"sexy time" is so aggrivating, for some reason i cannot control the turret and or the missles. i just end up going trigger happy and taking 345792389 minutes over the required time. really wish their was a crosshair or some kind of indicator where you are aiming.

Last edited by niko da bos; 01-04-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: terrible post
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:20 AM   #23
Awesomepants

Awesomepants's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
"sexy time" is so aggrivating, for some reason i cannot control the turret and or the missles. i just end up going trigger happy and taking 345792389 minutes over the required time. really wish their was a crosshair or some kind of indicator where you are aiming.
There is a separate Sexy Time thread on these boards if you want to look at different strategies. Controlling the helicopter is difficult. The way I did it was to hover behind each boat pretty low to the water, and just leaning forward all the way for no more than a second and firing the guns and the rockets at the same time.

One trick I used that saved me tons of time (almost a full minute) is instead of driving to the docks, I went to Yusuf's helipad and flew directly to the yacht.
Awesomepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #24
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

ahh thanks for the help. im gonna try to get this one at 100% tonight

EDIT: took several several attempts to get all missions at 100%, very frustrating at times but so satisfying. this achievement looks more intimidating than it is, two or three plays on each mission makes it easy. once for time, another for headshots/accuracy

Last edited by niko da bos; 01-13-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: 100%
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
Thodoris

Thodoris24's Gamercard
I did Bang Bang in 4:18!!
What i did was to play Sexy Time before going for this mission.
That way when i finished Sexy Time a "Y" mark appears on the map that is Yusuf's Heli(Buzzard if i'm not mistaken).
So i then started Bang Bang and got the Buzzard so i destroyed both the train and the airplane without getting out of the heli.

Hope that helps!!
Achievement: I Double Dare Ya
14/7/12 20005G Game: NFS Most Wanted
Achievement: Defeat Ronald McCrea “Ronnie”
Thodoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #26
Ostrinaut Noble

Ostrinaut Noble's Gamercard
The helitour trick in "in the crosshairs doesnt work for me im replaying the missions maybe it has to do with that. Can anyone help please
Ostrinaut Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:38 AM   #27
Awesomepants

Awesomepants's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrinaut Noble View Post
The helitour trick in "in the crosshairs doesnt work for me im replaying the missions maybe it has to do with that. Can anyone help please
I did it without the helicopter yesterday. Here are the 3 timesavers I used.

1) Use the trick where you go to the mission start place, call for a Bullet and then start the mission.

2) After you blow up the helicopter, keep pushing forward. If you unleash the fury you can get to the fire escape pretty quickly.

3) Once there don't fight anyone, just climb down as quick as you can. When you reach the second landing from the bottom, it is low enough that you can leap off and he will do the roll rather than get injured. Run to your right down the street. There should be several abandoned cars in the intersection. Grab one a floor it away.

Hope this helps.
Awesomepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #28
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Sweet, thanks for the videos, I'll be doing 100% this upcoming week after a while!

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:51 AM   #29
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
"In the crosshairs". When you eliminate the four snipers, you can jump up onto the roof of the small room behind you, and roll off it onto the fire escape below and simply run away.
You won't have to fight anyone, and you'll save so much time.
Only problem is, you'll probably miss the exit alot on initial attempts (I did and screamed blue murder by the end of it all.)
Check youtube for the video.

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #30
AMoDo94

Send a message via Skype™ to AMoDo94
I'm done with this achievement it wasn't hard as I think ,it was slightly normal just (Sexy time) there wasn't enough time to do it but I finished it today
And about these videos they weren't very good I just used them to see the missions request

Last edited by AMoDo94; 04-04-2011 at 08:15 AM.
AMoDo94 is offline   Reply With Quote