PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #31
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitiate View Post
Can anybody please tell me how to make time for Ladies Half Price? The video doesnt help, I cant get under 4 minutes.
Hey Vitate, your driving is going to suck up most of your time so the faster you can get there the better. Two things to note though, when in the car don't follow the GPS route to the other side of the dock. Take the left side and jump over the curved shape wall to start the boat ride quicker. Second, if you are just going for time you don't have to back up to shake the guy off your tail as he will naturally drown himself and fall off as you are headed to the target marker. So after the cutscene just gun it to the finish line. Hope that helps and good luck!

Cheers
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #32
Vitiate

Send a message via AIM to Vitiate

Omega2486's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_D View Post
Hey Vitate, your driving is going to suck up most of your time so the faster you can get there the better. Two things to note though, when in the car don't follow the GPS route to the other side of the dock. Take the left side and jump over the curved shape wall to start the boat ride quicker. Second, if you are just going for time you don't have to back up to shake the guy off your tail as he will naturally drown himself and fall off as you are headed to the target marker. So after the cutscene just gun it to the finish line. Hope that helps and good luck!

Cheers
Thanks for the quick response man, Ima give it a shot...I wonder why it isnt addressed in the guide...Good looks.

I refuse to use MGC, they never updated my profile.
Vitiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #33
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Nice guide, going to start going for 100% now

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #34
oEVIL RYUo

oEVIL RYUo's Gamercard
Unhappy

I have a problem with this Mission 'Caught In The Crosshairs'.

I have done all the other requirements, Time, Accuracy, Headshots etc.. but for some reason the '4 shots, 4 snipers' won't unlock for me and yes i have only used 4 bullets and killed 4 snipers, so can anyone shed any light on this??? it's driving me nuts replaying the mission constantly only to get the same result. NO check under '4 shots, 4 snipers'.

I reloaded a save game which was no where near as completed as my current game which i have only 3 missions left to get 100% on! the old save i have like 19 missions to get 100% so i really don't wanna go back to that one, but as i said i reloaded it and did the 'Caught in the Crosshairs' mission and the bloody thing unlocked for me Shhheeesh!

What to do now??

I think it might have something to do with getting the time achievement first and all the others later it seems to glitch the mission?

So now i have a dilema do i keep playing my current save and hope it unlocks at some point or go back to my old save and go through all the gripe and hell of getting 100% on all 19 missions again!!

Has anyone else had this problem ?
oEVIL RYUo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #35
oEVIL RYUo

oEVIL RYUo's Gamercard
Well thanks for the input guys, anyway i decided to start over again on an old save and glad i did because i've ripped through it and only got 4 missions left for my Gold ~ Star
oEVIL RYUo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #36
JCFG

SYLAR GT's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide man, helped out a lot. I had to play Departure Time 3 times because of the time, lol, I did it the second time in 10:01, one fucking second made me lose the 100%. haha

JCFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #37
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
This kind sucks honestly, talk about stating the obvious. I'm looking else where.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #38
pascal08

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by oEVIL RYUo View Post
I have a problem with this Mission 'Caught In The Crosshairs'.

I have done all the other requirements, Time, Accuracy, Headshots etc.. but for some reason the '4 shots, 4 snipers' won't unlock for me and yes i have only used 4 bullets and killed 4 snipers, so can anyone shed any light on this??? it's driving me nuts replaying the mission constantly only to get the same result. NO check under '4 shots, 4 snipers'.

I reloaded a save game which was no where near as completed as my current game which i have only 3 missions left to get 100% on! the old save i have like 19 missions to get 100% so i really don't wanna go back to that one, but as i said i reloaded it and did the 'Caught in the Crosshairs' mission and the bloody thing unlocked for me Shhheeesh!

What to do now??

I think it might have something to do with getting the time achievement first and all the others later it seems to glitch the mission?

So now i have a dilema do i keep playing my current save and hope it unlocks at some point or go back to my old save and go through all the gripe and hell of getting 100% on all 19 missions again!!

Has anyone else had this problem ?
I'm sorry for you, but I've found the solution for this problem. Probably you've cheated or purchased another sniper rifle or more bullets. At this point the mission will not count your shots.

To solve this problem shoot all your sniper rifle bullet on the floor or whatever you like and do the mission "In The Crosshairs" again. You will be prompt to get the advanced sniper rifle near the tower where you're going to snipe from.

Now you have picked up that sniper complete the challenge 4 shots, 4 snipers and you'll see that it will check off.

100% Retail: 54 II 100% Arcade: 24

1st to complete [PROTOTYPE] in Europe
1st to complete FIFA 10 in The Netherlands
The only person to complete NBA LIVE 09 & 10 in The Netherlands

pascal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #39
VanCough

What a complete fucking waste of time these are.

Why are some missions updating the % when completing seperate tasks, and some missions arent? On my phone, Corner Kids is at 64%, I just ran through the level again and the end score was 84%. I went into my phone to replay the mission and get the final task (time), but the mission is still at 64%!!!

Same thing happened with Perfect Swing...

Fuck off rockstar. You and your bug-ridden piece of shit.
VanCough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 AM   #40
ritchie brown

ritchie brown's Gamercard
How do you beat the time on Sexy Time? There's no cars around at the start which is annoying.

ritchie brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:44 AM   #41
ritchie brown

ritchie brown's Gamercard
No bother, just done it.

ritchie brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #42
Insane HellWyrm

HellWyrm's Gamercard
great guida, the hardest mission for me was No 3, I ever hit something

Insane HellWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #43
tommat12

Send a message via MSN to tommat12

Snip3rVVolfie93's Gamercard
Lightbulb Start any mission with a Bullet GT.

A good tip for Sexy Time and Dropping In (and other missions where you don't have to use a specific car), for the time trial, is to go to where the mission would start (check a map or video walkthrough) and call Henrique for a Bullet GT. As soon as he says he's coming and the phone call ends, start the mission via the phone. The mission should start and Henrique should be just pulling up in a brand new Bullet for you to use.

Cut my time in Dropping In by about a minute...

tommat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #44
Bohemian

VoicelessMidget's Gamercard
Any extra tips for Quickdraw the RPG for KIBBUTZ NUMBER ONE, its the only one i cant get on that mission
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #45
tommat12

Send a message via MSN to tommat12

Snip3rVVolfie93's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
Any extra tips for Quickdraw the RPG for KIBBUTZ NUMBER ONE, its the only one i cant get on that mission
Memorise where the RPG guy spawns and be quick and it shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure to bring some stick bombs and a sniper rifle.

This has probably been said before, but I'll tell you how I got it: Throw some sticky bombs at the enemies at the bottom, then zoom in on where the RPG guy spawns with the sniper rifle, detonate the bombs (whilst still zooming in with the sniper) and snipe the RPG guy as soon as he spawns. Or just be really quick with autoaim. First way's easier.

tommat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #46
Bohemian

VoicelessMidget's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommat12 View Post
Memorise where the RPG guy spawns and be quick and it shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure to bring some stick bombs and a sniper rifle.

This has probably been said before, but I'll tell you how I got it: Throw some sticky bombs at the enemies at the bottom, then zoom in on where the RPG guy spawns with the sniper rifle, detonate the bombs (whilst still zooming in with the sniper) and snipe the RPG guy as soon as he spawns. Or just be really quick with autoaim. First way's easier.
Thanx mate you're a genius, it was the only one i couldnt get out of all the missions and i got my 80G becuase of that sticky bomb trick
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:37 AM   #47
Knivesz

Send a message via AIM to Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
For making the time limit on "In the Crosshairs" I found an interesting way to do it. Since I couldn't get the helicopter trick to work (parking it in front of the house you start the mission at).

Start the mission as normal and drive to the destination.. I was averaging about 2 minutes drive time to get to the building. After the cutscene take out the 4 snipers. (try to do four shots four kills for accuracy as well) After the next cutscene and the chopper appears, turn around and go towards the door you came in from. There is a small brick part sticking out of the building. Climb onto that carefully and face left. If you look down you should see a fire escape. Try and fall off the building onto the fire escape and then run down the stairs. As you reach the bottom you will get the message to "Leave the Area". Hop over the railing onto the roof, then jump down to the street. There should be empty cars around due to the gun battle.. then drive off!

I managed to finish under 4 minutes.
Thanks bro, this worked for me very easily and nicely.

My gamertag is spelled 'LRX7' its not an "i"

Knivesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #48
skribla

Skribla DJ's Gamercard
Can someone help me with the ...blog this mission.

When I throw the celebinator out of the chopper I push forward on the LS stick but always end up going too far past him and then he hits the floor and dies.

I've tried only slightly pushing forward and a few other things but I can't seem to do it at all. This was a problem for me in the campaign.... I did eventually do it but having messed up before I got 0% overall

skribla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #49
Parko Runz XBL

If you use cheats and complete a objective if u do it again do you got to do every objective again?
Parko Runz XBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #50
Shinchib

Shinchib's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by skribla View Post
Can someone help me with the ...blog this mission.

When I throw the celebinator out of the chopper I push forward on the LS stick but always end up going too far past him and then he hits the floor and dies.

I've tried only slightly pushing forward and a few other things but I can't seem to do it at all. This was a problem for me in the campaign.... I did eventually do it but having messed up before I got 0% overall
I just pushed it forward and aimed in his direction (I believe he is falling to your left, so just aim left and torpedo down to him)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parko Runz XBL View Post
If you use cheats and complete a objective if u do it again do you got to do every objective again?
I don't think cheats work and it will give you 0% for completing the mission.

100% Game Completion:
Number of 1000/1000s: 22
Number of 1180/1180s: 1
Number of 1250/1250s: 3
Number of 1500/1500: 1
Total Number of Games Played: 31
I consider Halo 3 100%'d.
Shinchib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #51
Parko Runz XBL

Oh right because i did use cheats for my first play through just because i didnt know how hard it would be and when i completed a mission it would say something like wont upload to leaderboard or something like that and i kept getting NR next to my objectives and thought it mean't Not Registered so in the end i just restarted it but im on Splinter Cell so i wont be doing 100% anytime soon so anyway cheers and also this guide is awesome printed it out although i i did have troubles with the printing but my computer is dying so i could'nt open word but anyway thanks
Parko Runz XBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:25 AM   #52
anders190

DirtyAnders's Gamercard
Thanks for a great guide, this helped me finish these achievements too.

Even though I played the game on PC, I had a bit of a problem with the accuracy requirements. Ironically, those were easier to finish with a gamepad. A few multiplayer achievements and then this game is 1500/1500 for me.
anders190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #53
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Thank you so much blee!

I would have gotten this achievement a long time ago if I had known the mission objectives added up over multiple plays. This achievement will be in the bag in a couple days.

If you were here I'd buy you a beer.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #54
Lewi

surfalewi's Gamercard
theres vids all over youtube. for bang bang the youtube guide picks up a really fast chopper(the 'swift') and lands on a roof instead of on the ground and with the train and the plane he uses the rpg which you get from the previous mission.
seems very very easy this way

IDDQD
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #55
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewi View Post
theres vids all over youtube. for bang bang the youtube guide picks up a really fast chopper(the 'swift') and lands on a roof instead of on the ground and with the train and the plane he uses the rpg which you get from the previous mission.
seems very very easy this way
Better way is to take the gold Buzzard and use it's rockets to destroy the train from the air. Then go to the airport and land in the pink marker, then take off again and bomb the plane from the air. Then just fly away and lose the wanted level. By far the fastest way to do it.

Of course this all depends on having finished the campaign already and having the Buzzard available at the waterfront.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #56
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal08 View Post
I'm sorry for you, but I've found the solution for this problem. Probably you've cheated or purchased another sniper rifle or more bullets. At this point the mission will not count your shots.

To solve this problem shoot all your sniper rifle bullet on the floor or whatever you like and do the mission "In The Crosshairs" again. You will be prompt to get the advanced sniper rifle near the tower where you're going to snipe from.

Now you have picked up that sniper complete the challenge 4 shots, 4 snipers and you'll see that it will check off.
Thank you, I cheated my whole way through this game, so I would have had the same problem.
Tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #57
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCough View Post
What a complete fucking waste of time these are.

Why are some missions updating the % when completing seperate tasks, and some missions arent? On my phone, Corner Kids is at 64%, I just ran through the level again and the end score was 84%. I went into my phone to replay the mission and get the final task (time), but the mission is still at 64%!!!

Same thing happened with Perfect Swing...

Fuck off rockstar. You and your bug-ridden piece of shit.
Yes Rockstar, how dare you release a game that has glitches.
Tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #58
knotfan123

ya big goof's Gamercard
never mind....of course it works out right away

Last edited by knotfan123; 07-02-2010 at 08:14 AM.
knotfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #59
asm1041

asm1041's Gamercard
Very helpful. Thanks!
asm1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #60
PDub135

PDub135's Gamercard
I finally did Departure Time in less than 10 minutes, but it was kind of funny how it happened.

Everytime I did the mission previously, or saw someone else do it, Luis would open his shute right away after the plane exploded. The last time I did it, he did not open his shute, free fell for most the way, and I opened the shute just before going splat. Probably saved at least a good minute or two on my time.

During the cutscenes, I frantically tapped A to skip them, and am wondering if this had something to do with him not opening his shute after the last cutscene. If so, this could be a good trick to try and make the time for this mission.

Has this happened to anyone else?
PDub135 is offline   Reply With Quote