PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #61
Kokswijk

Kokswijk's Gamercard
oh and btw:

awesome guide dude!
Kokswijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #62
Lord Yamikage

lord yamikage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokswijk View Post
So i am NOT trying to annoy you, just pointing out the grammatical errors

[...] lists of sentences by varies of Xbox360A members [...]
I don't think majority of people care about grammar in website like this.

Anyway, I was hoping to max this game in two days, but the Sp-Op are lot more challenging then I expected. All my friends are all behind, so none of them would play Sp-Op until they're done with the Story Campaign (I know I can use the Sp-Op thread, but I feel very comfortable and relax when I play game with my friends, because they all know what to do). There goes the record of completing CoD:MW2 in two days out the window... T_T

The Forums Rules
[Read the Rules before posting!!]
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!
[Read the Infraction "list" for obvious reason!![LINK]

Don't like the rules? Go report it to Admin.

Lord Yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #63
JamboRobb

Thumbs up

THIS WAS ONE OF THE EASIEST ACHIEVMENTS IN THE GAME!I DONE IT ON CLIFFHANGER DURING THE BLIZZARD IN THE HUT ON THE FAR RIGHT THERE'S A GUARD SITTING ON A CHAIR JUST CREEP UP ON HIM & STAB HIM. BLEEP! BLEEP! U GOT IT!!!
JamboRobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #64
Kokswijk

Kokswijk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Yamikage View Post
I don't think majority of people care about grammar in website like this.
agreed, but when we use it for the guide on the main page, it does look more professional without errors
Old 11-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #65
MADxMONK3Y NL

CkY Avenger's Gamercard
Erhm, were can I find the M-14 in 'Wolverines!' for the achievement: Some like it hot..

Discription pleeeeeeez!
- UT3 (Ranked 500 matches achievement) / Prey
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Born: 1992
Still Alive: 2011
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
R*Games fan since '98
MADxMONK3Y NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #66
Zxello

Zxello5's Gamercard
Desperado

Just a heads up for Desperado:

Desperado10
Kill 5 enemies in a row using 5 different weapons or attachments in Single Player or Special Ops.

I got this randomly in Take down. All you need to do is kill five enemies with five different attachments or weapons. What I did was: I killed a person with the M4, switched to the M203 killed one, knifed another, switched weapons to the shotgun and picked up his weapon and killed another enemy. I did this randomly,but just choose a mission where you start off with an M203 and do the same thing I did. Fire a noob tube, shoot some one, knife another, switch weapons, and pick up an enemie's weapon.

I got this on "The Only Easy Day.... Was Yesterday" by simply using the initial gun with the Thermal Sight and the Steyr Aug with Red Dot Sight as you come up before the area with the smoke screens. I just switched between the two multiple times and it unlocked. Not sure if it's glitched or not.
Zxello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #67
Kokswijk

Kokswijk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboRobb View Post
THIS WAS ONE OF THE EASIEST ACHIEVMENTS IN THE GAME!I DONE IT ON CLIFFHANGER DURING THE BLIZZARD IN THE HUT ON THE FAR RIGHT THERE'S A GUARD SITTING ON A CHAIR JUST CREEP UP ON HIM & STAB HIM. BLEEP! BLEEP! U GOT IT!!!
writing in caps actually makes it harder to read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMONK3Y NL View Post
Erhm, were can I find the M-14 in 'Wolverines!' for the achievement: Some like it hot..

Discription pleeeeeeez!
On the roof of the first building, the one were you barricade the VIP

Last edited by Kokswijk; 11-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #68
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
We love Achievement Guides ^^

Great job man!!! Thanks!!!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #69
Darth Odan

Darth Odan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxello View Post
Just a heads up for Desperado:

Desperado10
Kill 5 enemies in a row using 5 different weapons or attachments in Single Player or Special Ops.

I got this randomly in Take down. All you need to do is kill five enemies with five different attachments or weapons. What I did was: I killed a person with the M4, switched to the M203 killed one, knifed another, switched weapons to the shotgun and picked up his weapon and killed another enemy. I did this randomly,but just choose a mission where you start off with an M203 and do the same thing I did. Fire a noob tube, shoot some one, knife another, switch weapons, and pick up an enemie's weapon.

I got this on "The Only Easy Day.... Was Yesterday" by simply using the initial gun with the Thermal Sight and the Steyr Aug with Red Dot Sight as you come up before the area with the smoke screens. I just switched between the two multiple times and it unlocked. Not sure if it's glitched or not.
Interesting, if someone else can confirm this I will add it to the guide.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #70
Fat Grover

Fat Grover's Gamercard
Quote:
This is actually a very easy achievement on Act 1 in the mission Cliffhanger you can obtain this. When you approach the base at first and have to sneak in while mctavish covers you, in the building on the right as soon as you enter there is a sleeping guard, just walk up behind him and knife and job done .
Yeah... I didn't even know this was an achievement when I knifed that guy. I just wanted to assassinate him, lol. Pleasant surprise!
100% - 3D Ultra Minigolf, Backyard Football 2010, Call of Duty BO, Call of Duty MW, Call of Duty MW2, Dash of Destruction, Dead Rising: Case Zero, Dig Dug, Fable II, Fight Night 3, Fruit Ninja, Gears of War 2, GH: Aerosmith, Golf: TIU, Harm's Way, Madden NFL 11, NCAA Football 07, NCAA: MM 07, Open Season, TMNT, Trenched, Worms, X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Fat Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #71
swaveman

Swaveman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBread View Post
I just finished that mission and I can confirm that there isn't an infinite respawn. It does take a while to kill all the damn people. I suggest you go through the right side and just get through that part. If you have a clear path to run out of that village area, do it. I left at least 6-8 soldiers in that area because they were in pain in the ass spots. Take it slow too. Pop out of corners and kill them little by little.
This is the mission I am stuck on. How would you recommend to beat it? I get trapped in a building and it just seems the bad guys just keep coming. Should I just hold up and shoot till the stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamelessSoul View Post
So you made a thread to complain about the threads that people make and complain about stuff? Hrrrrmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
you make a game about the civil war and you spell Lincoln's name wrong?
swaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #72
knucklehead4494

knucklehead4494's Gamercard
need help with vet co-op add me if u want to help
knucklehead4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #73
Jethrow

Jethrow Mulisha's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Odan View Post
No Rest For the Wary10
Knife an enemy without him ever knowing you were there in Single Player or Special Ops.

This is a hard achievement. I didn't get this in campaign, even though the enemy never knew I was there. I got this on Acceptable Losses, Delta Spec Ops. Start the mission with the heart sensor shotgun. Move forward, and wait for the two enemies to pass. Enter the room and knife the two enemies, one sitting down, and the other smoking near by. Remember: You cannot be seen AT ALL. You can also get this in the Cliffhanger mission, follow this video by Mistical: YouTube- Modern Warfare 2 - No Rest For The Wary Achievement
i dunno man, this was uber simple. it was the first cheeve i got in the cliffhanger map, walked up and knifed a guy, simple as pie. should just update the guide to tell people to kill the sleeping guy on the chair in the small structure..
Old 11-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #74
eXyle

eXyle NL's Gamercard
I was wondering in the Cliffhanger mission, when you point at people sometimes MacTavish says something like "I got this one" and kills him. Does this count against the Ghost achievement?

eXyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #75
Pashos

Pashos x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Gold   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Third Place   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrow View Post
i dunno man, this was uber simple. it was the first cheeve i got in the cliffhanger map, walked up and knifed a guy, simple as pie. should just update the guide to tell people to kill the sleeping guy on the chair in the small structure..
It's already in the guide. It's in the video for that achievement.

152 100% Retail

22 100% Arcade
Pashos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #76
sobergolf

Sobergolf's Gamercard
Great guide, thanks alot.

Question regarding spec-ops, is it more enemies etc when you are two people? Or the same amount regardless of if you are by yourself or with a friend?
sobergolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #77
Lord Yamikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXyle View Post
I was wondering in the Cliffhanger mission, when you point at people sometimes MacTavish says something like "I got this one" and kills him. Does this count against the Ghost achievement?
Long as you didn't touch anybody, you'll get it.

The Forums Rules
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #78
wildwest08

wildwest08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
i gotta say what a great game, i played through it first for the enjoyment and definitly going to be the best game of the year unless assasins creed 2 just blows my mind. two top games of the year candidates in two weeks what a treat

Call of Duty Black Ops
Halo Wars General
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #79
Phaethon42

Phaethon42's Gamercard
Good guide. I've knocked out Veteran and all the Intel so far, just Spec. Ops. to go
The Orange Box - Fable II (1350) - Avatar: TLA: TBE - Lost Via Domus - Call of Duty 4 - Call of Duty 2 - Halo 3 (1000) - BioShock (1100) - King Kong - Terminator Salvation - Shadowrun - MW2 - L4D (1250) - L4D2 - Assassin's Creed II

100% XBLA:
Aegis Wing - Galaga - Uno - Big Bumpin - Portal: Still Alive - Doom - A Kingdom for Keflings - Dash of Destruction - 1 vs 100 - Battlefield 1943

Working On:
Army of Two: The 40th Day - Double Dragon - Gears of War 2
Phaethon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #80
Jonny Killalot

Jonny Killalot's Gamercard
On the "Pit Boss" achievement (run the pit with a final time under 30 seconds) is there a certain difficulty or something? I finished it with a final time of 28 seconds , didn't get the achievement. Any suggestions?

Also on the "No rest for the Wary" achievement (knife an enemy without him knowing you are there) is buggy or needs to be on done on veteran or something because my first play through I played on Normal and knifed the guy in the chair didnt get the achievement, but on my second play through on Veteran did the exact samething and got the achievement. Weird.

Awesome guide! Thanks alot . I am getting closer to the end of the Veteran campaign so I know I will be using this guide.

1000Gs- Cod2, Cod4, Cod:WaW, Cod:MW2, Cod:Black Ops ,The Godfather (1250/1250), The Godfather ll, Civilization Rev, Fight Night Rd 3, Mass Effect 1 (1200/1200), Mass Effect 2 (1015/1015), Madden 06, Madden 08, Madden 09, College Hoops 2k6, NBA 2k6, NCAA Football 07, NCAA Football 08, NCAA Football 09, NCAA Football 10

200/200
Call of Duty Classic
Battlefield 1943
NBA 2k10 Draft Combine
Jonny Killalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:42 AM   #81
Twilight Now

Twilight Now's Gamercard
I've tried multiple times to get the ghost achievement but it never pops up. I'm not seen by anyone nor do I kill anyone (save for the two headshots you do at the start).

Any ideas?
Twilight Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:17 AM   #82
xXJAILOFFICERXx

OFC ROBOCOP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Now View Post
I've tried multiple times to get the ghost achievement but it never pops up. I'm not seen by anyone nor do I kill anyone (save for the two headshots you do at the start).

Any ideas?
You can't kill anyone at all to get the achievement. The two times Soap says to kill the other guy (right or left) don't! He will shoot the other one for you after a second or two. He also makes some funny comments after each. So again don't shoot anyone or be seen and it will pop up for you.

Your move creep
xXJAILOFFICERXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #83
Lord Yamikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Killalot View Post
On the "Pit Boss" achievement (run the pit with a final time under 30 seconds) is there a certain difficulty or something? I finished it with a final time of 28 seconds , didn't get the achievement. Any suggestions?
If you didn't shot any civilian(s), you should've got the achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Killalot View Post
Also on the "No rest for the Wary" achievement (knife an enemy without him knowing you are there) is buggy or needs to be on done on veteran or something because my first play through I played on Normal and knifed the guy in the chair didnt get the achievement, but on my second play through on Veteran did the exact samething and got the achievement. Weird.
This is how I did it, and this is also how some other members in this website did it.

First, choose the "cliffhanger" mission. Follow the AI teammate (I'm sorry I don't keep their names in my head) until you get to the enemy base. After you and the AI separate, you should see a vehicle by the entrance gate, and small building about 10 feet behind the vehicle. Now, your AI teammate will kill two (if I am not mistaken) enemy near the vehicle and the front entrance to the building. He'll say something like "i'll take care of it", "i got it", or something, and kill them. Now, go inside the small building, and you'll see a enemy leaning against the chair (with his feet on the window[?]) facing away from you. Simply sneak up to him, and knife him.

Hope this helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Now View Post

Any ideas?
If you are trying to get this achievement - if I'm not mistaken - you cannot be seen by enemy at all, even if you manage to kill the enemy before he warn the other. Stick to the left side of the "wall", and have the AI do the killing (sometime he'll do it, happened on me when I attempted on this achievement), or simply wait until the enemy completely have his back turned against you. Remember, if you are seen at all, I believe you will not get the achievement.

Hope this helped.

The Forums Rules
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!

Old 11-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #84
hestar

Hestar69's Gamercard
Thanks alot for the guide it helped me get 1000/1000 bout 20 mins ago

hestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #85
Ghost FK

Ghost FK's Gamercard
Desperado10

I did this on the first charlie mission: "Hidden" in spec ops. All the silenced guns make it easy if you need to take your time to get it.

You start off walking through a container full of silenced weapons. Grab two (not sniper) and then proceed to kill the guy to the right and the guy to left.

Head back to the container and grab two different weapons (again not sniper) and move up to the two guys talking and kill both with a different gun.

Go back to the weapon container and grab the sniper and proceed to the part of the mission when you first engage the enemy snipers. The first guy will be straight ahead in the open, so when he reveals himself, counter-snipe him.
Ghost FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #86
minkybrett

BrettsGonnaGetU's Gamercard
Great guide...has helped alot. I managed to do the pit boss achievement in 28.8s.....sweeeeet. The best way i found was to equip desert eagle and another hand gun....waltzed through with 100% accuracy.

Keep up the good work
minkybrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #87
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Nice guidee very very nice
BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #88
Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout's Gamercard
Thanks for the great guide, will be using it for the intel locations later.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #89
Jeff

Where exactly are you guys finding dual wield weapons on "Loose Ends"? I couldn't find it in the armory.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #90
pocket1

Pocket1's Gamercard
i've got numerous achievements in the 1st few missions -

Threesome - I got this at the start of the very first mission. Fire a grendade from your launcher over the river at the boys coming down the stairs

No rest for the Wary - Whilst sneaking around trying for the Ghost achievement, there is a guy in one of the first tents you see asleep on a chair. As for the Ghost achievement, I believe you CANT get it if soap eliminates anyone. This happens if you get to close to anyone.

Two Birds... I got this on the same level when Soap is surrounded, when you blow the c4 you get a slow mo scene - directly in front of Soap is 1 enemy stood directly in front of another. Shoot the guy in front and the bullet should pass through him killing the other

Look ma two hands - I got this right at the beginning of Favela. After shooting the guy in the legs and just as you enter the shanty huts there were dual uzis on the floor. There are loads of enemies in this area, so just opened up
pocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote