PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Traveler Achievement only Guide

I got the Traveler achievement today. I have a list of every place you have to visit. I will list them in first by non-missable, and then by missable. I will start this in a little bit. Also I will go into great detail on how to get these places to appear, i just won't go into detail about how to make the Non-Missable places appear. I will add more places when I boot up the game on the 360. BTW you don't need to do all of the origins to unlock this achievement.

Non-Missable places:
-----------------------

Denerim:
Royal Palace
Arl of Denerim's estate
Fort Drakon pt.2
Warehouse

Lothering:

Redcliff:

Haven

Lake Calenhad Docks

Circle Tower

Frostback Mountains:
The Dead Trenches
Anvil of the Void

Brecilian Outskirts
Brecilian Forest
The Elven Tombs
Werewolf Lair

Ostagar

Party Camp

Missable places

Frostback Mountains:

*Cadash Thaig: you have to have shale in your party during Anvil of the Void mission. You also have to destroy the Anvil or shale will leave your party, and you won't get the Golem's Memories side mission that unlocks this area.

Civil War:

Battlefield:

Refugees:

Caravan:

Last edited by Ray5555; 11-11-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Ray5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Continued from the top.

Kadan-Fe Mercenaries:
This is a tricky one since it will disappear off your map after you complete it. but it is required for the traveler achievement. To unlock this Area, you need to recruit Zevran. Then you need to talk to the guy in the Market District in Denerim in the center pavillion between two chests. Afterwards a messanger kid will come up to you on the streets of Denerim and give you a scroll, which unlocks the Trial of the Crows Quest. Go to the Gnawed Noble Tavern in the Market District. Facing the bartender go into the room on the right and talk to Master Ignacio. He will give you a contract to kill the mercenaries that are looking for you. Go to the Pearl and to the back room. Say the secret password, enter and kill the mercenary squad mainly Paedan. Go back to the Gnawed Noble Tavern, Talk to Ignacio again to learn there are more scrolls in the chest. In the chest there is a scoll called "Mercenary Hunt". Take this Scroll, and that will unlock this area.

Denerim:

Dirty Back Alley: This unlocks once you take the mission "Back Alley Justice" from the Chantry board in Denerim

Dark Alley: See "Dirty Back Alley"

Rundown Back Streets: See " Dirty Back Alley"

Deserted Building: This will unlock once you found the note on Ser Friden's corpse. A new mission called "The Last Request" will appear, and unlock this area

Fort Drakon Pt. 1: You need to get arrested after saving the Queen at the Arl of Denerim's Estate.

Royal Palace District: This will unlock after you defeated 1-2 of the enemie Darkspawn Generals at the end of the Game. You can skip it if you want to go to Fort Drakon again. So this is an optional Area.

Redcliffe:

Circle Tower:
Outer fade pentagram: There are 3 spaces that unlock on the outer fade pentagram when you are in the Fade thanks to the sloth demon. Once you defeat 2 areas that connect to a outer area, the outer area unlocks. But you need to beat the 5 inner areas to have all 3 outer areas unlock. Go to these areas to get you allies back, and to enter these areas.

*Soldier's Peak:

*Sulcher's Pass:

*Honnleath:

* Stand for Download content.

I am not sure if the DLC count towards this achievement but I listed it anyways. These are all of the areas in the game.

Last edited by Ray5555; 11-10-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Reserved for possible future use
Old 11-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
David x360a

This is David's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Nice, could prove useful

R.I.P. MyGamerCard.net <3

This is David - July 11, 2009 ~~ This is Thomas - Apr 21, 2010
David x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
LostButSeeking

Send a message via ICQ to LostButSeeking Send a message via AIM to LostButSeeking Send a message via MSN to LostButSeeking

xRogue 1x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Member of the Month   Donator - Level 1
Great guide, very detailed. I was just typing mine up and didn't see yours. Also I would like to add that the places I was missing were actual buildings in towns. They were the only places I visited after I reloaded my save so I am quite positive they are neccessary.
LostButSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostButSeeking View Post
Great guide, very detailed. I was just typing mine up and didn't see yours. Also I would like to add that the places I was missing were actual buildings in towns. They were the only places I visited after I reloaded my save so I am quite positive they are neccessary.
no their not, cause I only went into a few houses and got the achievement. Like I never went into the locked door in Back alley, nor the houses on the docks at redcliffe other than the one to find the girl's brother for a mission, and the general store. Also I didn't explore all of recliffe castle, there was still the basement I never went into. half your random encounters I never got. I only explored half the dragon's lair, There were places in Ostagar I didn't go to. i only went into the story related houses in alienage. so yes you don't need to go into houses to get the achievement. Also I only did 3 ally missions, Leliana's, Morrigan's, and Shale's
Old 11-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
LostButSeeking

Send a message via ICQ to LostButSeeking Send a message via AIM to LostButSeeking Send a message via MSN to LostButSeeking

xRogue 1x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Member of the Month   Donator - Level 1
Yeah I don't think you need any of the companion side quests or random encounters. I am just saying that after reloading from my save right before going to Redcliffe for the finale I went back to every area and the only place I found I had never been to was Alimar's Emporium. It also upped my exploration from 80% to 82%.
LostButSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah I don't think you need any of the companion side quests or random encounters. I am just saying that after reloading from my save right before going to Redcliffe for the finale I went back to every area and the only place I found I had never been to was Alimar's Emporium. It also upped my exploration from 80% to 82%.
see you need the crowes guild mission. also I had 92% explored when I finished the game. I am guessing the last 8% was the houses I ignored.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
TrueKilla360

TrueKilla360's Gamercard
can it be done on multiple playthroughs?,,, I already told the assassins crow that i wasnt interested
Old 11-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #10
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

well he should have said he would leave the stuff in the box. If not I think you can do it multiple playthroughs.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
TrueKilla360

TrueKilla360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray5555 View Post
well he should have said he would leave the stuff in the box. If not I think you can do it multiple playthroughs.
Hmm When I get home from work all go back to the tavern and see if i can start it up! If not then Ill just get it when I do my rogue playthrough
Old 11-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #12
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKilla360 View Post
Hmm When I get home from work all go back to the tavern and see if i can start it up! If not then Ill just get it when I do my rogue playthrough
Just be glad you didn't slaughter him in cold blood like I did.Ah well,playthrough number 2....

And to the OP,very good work with the guide.Thanks for taking the time and effort!

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #13
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Just be glad you didn't slaughter him in cold blood like I did.Ah well,playthrough number 2....

And to the OP,very good work with the guide.Thanks for taking the time and effort!
Thanks, I got this achievement normally by just doing quests. I posted about it in the achievement guide topic, and they asked for me to create a topic. It would have been done earlier but i was very very busy.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
Sporty Flea

timax360's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks, I got this achievement normally by just doing quests. I posted about it in the achievement guide topic, and they asked for me to create a topic. It would have been done earlier but i was very very busy.
Ray, this is great, thanks a lot for everything.

-timax

Sporty Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
Omera148

Quote:
Can anyone confirm this after you tell him to leave? I checked and there's no box, it's in the inn in Denerim right? Or is it located somewhere else? This would greatly be appreciated if anyone can confirm OR if anyone who just needed the mercenary hunt can confirm they did it on a second playthrough (just got up to that point and it unlocked.

Thanks.

Last edited by Omera148; 11-10-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Omera148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #16
Omera148

Quote:
Your % doesn't count, the achievement is for every area explored, not world explored. When you hit a new location, it'll say area unlocked, that's the key you are looking for. I have 95% and no achievement, the 5% I'm missing would be from the assassin quests, that alone should prove it's the area that counts, not the % in this case.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #17
Murrots
Banned User

Murrots's Gamercard
nice guide. thanks a lot this really helps
Murrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #18
ApatheticChaos

Apathetic Chaos's Gamercard
Wait, so if I didn't enter the fade for the Arl's son, that means I can't get the travelers achievement?

Even if I have everything else?
ApatheticChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #19
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticChaos View Post
Wait, so if I didn't enter the fade for the Arl's son, that means I can't get the travelers achievement?

Even if I have everything else?
I am pretty sure it does count as a area cause that is a new area. Plus it is way different than the fade from the sloth demon.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #20
ApatheticChaos

And we don't know for sure if the achievement carries over to different playthroughs? That would be very helpful to know if someone has the time.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #21
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticChaos View Post
And we don't know for sure if the achievement carries over to different playthroughs? That would be very helpful to know if someone has the time.
It probably does carry over since every other achievement stat carries over. I.E. romances, endings ect....
Old 11-11-2009, 12:20 AM   #22
Scrapdaddy

Scrapdaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Silver
In my 1st playthru I killed the demon in the fade (redcliff) but did not do any of the assassin missions and did not get the achievement. In my 2nd playthru I did not enter the fade but did go thru the assassin missions expecting the acheivement to pop after entering the merc camp. No luck, so I continued playing the game until the end (i still need the alternate endings) and when I entered the final area with the archdemon the travelers achievement unlocked. So my guess is that Ray's list is correct because the only area I didnt have was the merc camp and if you dont get everywhere on the 1st playthru you can pick it up on the second but the achievement does not seem to pop until the very end.
Scrapdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #23
Omera148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapdaddy View Post
In my 1st playthru I killed the demon in the fade (redcliff) but did not do any of the assassin missions and did not get the achievement. In my 2nd playthru I did not enter the fade but did go thru the assassin missions expecting the acheivement to pop after entering the merc camp. No luck, so I continued playing the game until the end (i still need the alternate endings) and when I entered the final area with the archdemon the travelers achievement unlocked. So my guess is that Ray's list is correct because the only area I didnt have was the merc camp and if you dont get everywhere on the 1st playthru you can pick it up on the second but the achievement does not seem to pop until the very end.
You've gotta be f'n kidding me. Did you skip any major sections outside of the fade?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:58 AM   #24
Scrapdaddy

Scrapdaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Silver
no. I wasnt sure if the achievement had to be done on 1 playthru so I went everywhere again. Only reason I didnt enter the fade was because I didnt know it would count as a separate area. I lucked out that it must have counted on my 1st playthru. The 2nd time is much faster though - use the x button to skip scenes and conversations, use the leveling trick to get to level 25 within the 1st hour or so and then just burn through it.
I had missed out on 3 of the endings and the romance stuff so I needed a second run anyway.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #25
zzenigmaxzz

ZZenigmaxZZ's Gamercard
well i know what one i missed .. i didnt get arrested when i went to save the queen.. i killed everyone there, thats the only place on your list i didnt go to so it must be it
zzenigmaxzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #26
Omera148

Quote:
no. I wasnt sure if the achievement had to be done on 1 playthru so I went everywhere again. Only reason I didnt enter the fade was because I didnt know it would count as a separate area. I lucked out that it must have counted on my 1st playthru. The 2nd time is much faster though - use the x button to skip scenes and conversations, use the leveling trick to get to level 25 within the 1st hour or so and then just burn through it.
I had missed out on 3 of the endings and the romance stuff so I needed a second run anyway.
Did you skip many buildings too? I just want to be 100% sure I don't need to go into every chantry or market store. I'm just going to hit all the locations above and cross them off one by one.

2nd run is much faster, I love skipping the dialogue and my first rogue is a beast since I was able to define Leilana so well. I'm already at Lothering less then an hour. I figure by the end of the week I'll be completely finished, I'm still ticked I need to complete the entire game AGAIN but it's such a good game it's hard to be too angry about it.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:27 AM   #27
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzenigmaxzz View Post
well i know what one i missed .. i didnt get arrested when i went to save the queen.. i killed everyone there, thats the only place on your list i didnt go to so it must be it
Yeah see the first visit to fort drakon which is optional, and easily missable, is the dungeon part, and you only get one chance to get there. You must get arrested. If you don't you will miss this area.

Last edited by Ray5555; 11-11-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:06 AM   #28
Scrapdaddy

Scrapdaddy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omera148 View Post
Did you skip many buildings too? I just want to be 100% sure I don't need to go into every chantry or market store. I'm just going to hit all the locations above and cross them off one by one.

2nd run is much faster, I love skipping the dialogue and my first rogue is a beast since I was able to define Leilana so well. I'm already at Lothering less then an hour. I figure by the end of the week I'll be completely finished, I'm still ticked I need to complete the entire game AGAIN but it's such a good game it's hard to be too angry about it.
I went everywhere that the main plot points and side quests took me too. May be overkill but I didnt feel like a 3rd playthru. Im sure I did not go into EVERY building but I didnt intentionally skip them either. I really dont think the buildings of an area count toward the achievement, just the overall area itself. The buildings count toward your percentage but I dont think thats the same thing. I did not do every character sidequest either.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 AM   #29
Omera148

Quote:
I went everywhere that the main plot points and side quests took me too. May be overkill but I didnt feel like a 3rd playthru. Im sure I did not go into EVERY building but I didnt intentionally skip them either. I really dont think the buildings of an area count toward the achievement, just the overall area itself. The buildings count toward your percentage but I dont think thats the same thing. I did not do every character sidequest either.
What was your % at the end? I'm just nervous I want to make sure if it counts, it counts. If it's like the low 80's then I'm fine, I'm just annoyed I had 95% and it couldn't be bothered to give me a pass in that case.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #30
ApatheticChaos

Can anyone whose done a second playthrough verify something...does it still say area unlocked throughout the game?