PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Marble Blast Ultra
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Falk3r

Falk3r's Gamercard
Spires Tips?

Hey Guys -

I'm working on the Master of the Spires achievement, and having a rough time. I'm maxing out at about 40 points in the 6 minutes; it's such a PITA to get up to the gems... accidentally grabbing a worthless helicopter to replace my super jump... etc.etc.

Have any tips to help me out?
Falk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Falk3r

Falk3r's Gamercard
Alright, here's the gist... the helicopters aren't worthless... they're the sh*t!

I was playing as if the super-jumps were the only reliable way to get up and around... grab a helicopter, head towards one of the ramps near the gems, jump and before you land or hit the ramp, activate the heli. It'll bounce you upward and you can gently set down ontop of any gems in the area.

I went from 40ish best to 60+ once I started doing that. An easy achievement now. Someone should add that to the guide.
Falk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
lolimbeast

Send a message via AIM to lolimbeast

hella nasty's Gamercard
GyroCopter then Superjump = Extra high Bounce.

Gyrocopter is the best powerup for this map and superjumps, mega marbles and speeds are useless(Unless you can get good with hitting the ramps with super speed)

I just hosted a match and got 73 on my first try.
ive been playing this game for years tho
lolimbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony's Gamercard
I finally got around to trying this the other day. I can confirm that Gyrocopter are the only powerup you need for the Spire.

Jumping and hitting a ramp from the side as Falk3r explained is exactly what you do... it allows you to "climb" flat vertical surfaces easily and quickly.

I was struggling with using mega jump and speed, and someone else joined my game and I watched them completely mop-up using the Gyro-copter...

After that I tried using it and got the achievement on my first try.... you don't need any other power up, in-fact AVOID using the rest of them, they're not needed.

Once or twice I would start running out of steam near the top of a really tall area and I would use my burst to pop me up to the top that last little bit.

once you know how to use the copters this achievement is a total breeze.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
mistwhisper117

mistwhisper117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk3r View Post
I was playing as if the super-jumps were the only reliable way to get up and around... grab a helicopter, head towards one of the ramps near the gems, jump and before you land or hit the ramp, activate the heli. It'll bounce you upward and you can gently set down ontop of any gems in the area.
Thanks for the tip. I will try that tomorrow and hopefully I can get that achievement out of the way.

My Achievement Hunter Profile

mistwhisper117 is offline   Reply With Quote