PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Call of Duty Classic
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map to 200

For some reason, I haven't seen Fightspledge's achievement guide around, and felt the need to do one. Played through the game several times, and consistently played the multiplayer for nearly a year, so I definitely know this game inside and out. The guide itself is pretty much done, I just need to test an achievement or two or not to be sure it's accurate.

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 8/10
-Offline: 12(200)
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 10-20 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Glitched achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats

The game that started it all, Call of Duty has finally come to the Xbox Live Arcade. For those that have never played the original, it is somewhat different than what you are used to, especially on Veteran. Several features implemented in later games are absent here, like the ability to sprint, regenerative health, or the ability to see or throwback grenades. Thankfully though, the AI isn't nearly as advanced or accurate, so it does balance out. Also, in the options menu, under settings, is the option to turn on Auto Aim. Using this will make it automatically target someone whenever your aim is close while looking down the sights. This can be a godsend, as it allows you to kill enemies that are far off without much of a hassle.

Most of the achievements in this game will come from playing through and beating the game normally. Like every other game in the series, you must beat the game on Veteran, which is difficult, but for different reasons than more recent games in the series. The biggest change here comes from the fact that your health does not regenerate like every other game. Normally, you can find health kits and the like around levels to recover your health. On Veteran though, you must tough it out without any way to recover your health. So once you lose any health, you must finish the level with that. Since it isn't feasible to run through an entire level without taking a bullet, you will usually have to go back to revert to your last checkpoint unless you are close to finishing the level. Keep in mind, the checkpoints in this game are a lot more spread out than later games, so reverting back means having to do quite a bit of work again.

The only other major differences on Veteran are the grenades, and enemy AI. The enemy AI aren't the brightest bunch here, and are usually fairly inaccurate at long ranges. Your team AI is actually pretty good here, and will actually help you out, so you should always let them lead whenever possible. As for grenades, you are going to have to pay attention to the AI around you, since there is no grenade tracker in this game. If you see your teammates running away all of a sudden, that usually means there's a grenade nearby, and you should follow them. Sometimes though, the AI will just crouch down right by it, holding their head. If you see them do this, get as far away as you can, though it's easier said than done, as your movement speed isn't as fast as the other games.

Overall, the game will be difficult at times, mainly because of the health system, and spaced out checkpoints. With patience, though, you'll find the game to not be hard as the future games, but harder in it's own way.

First Termer 10
Complete Training.

A self-explanatory achievement, can be done on any difficulty. This is the very first level, which serves as a tutorial for the game. Make sure to pay attention though, the controls are slightly different than the other Call of Duty games, but are easy to pick up on.

Old Glory 20
Complete the American missions.

For these achievements, you must finish every mission, save for each campaign's final mission. You will unlock this achievement upon finishing the mission "POW Camp", which will be when you go in and save Major Ingram.

Also, these achievements can be done on any difficulty.

Union Jack 20
Complete the British missions.

See Old Glory for more info on what you must do. This achievement will unlock at the end of the mission "Assault the Tirpitz".

Victory Banner 20
Complete the Russian missions.

See Old Glory for more info on what you must do. This achievement will unlock when you finish the two part tank driving mission, in which you must clear the town while driving a tank.

Tank Breaker 15
Finish Hurtgen.

See Flag over the Reichstag

Rocket's Red Glare 15
Finish Rocket.

See Flag over the Reichstag

Flag over the Reichstag 15
Finish Berlin.

These are the final missions in each campaign, which again, will unlock by playing the game normally. Again, these achievements can be done on any difficulty.

War Hero 30
Complete the game on the hardest difficulty.

Like every Call of Duty to come after it, you must beat the game on Veteran. Refer to the road map for several tips on the campaign overall.

Nevander has written a fairly comprehensive walkthrough for the game, which can be found HERE.

Gunslinger 10
Get kills using a pistol, rifle, submachine gun, and grenade in a mission without dying.

A fairly easy achievement, which can be done on any difficulty. Easily done on the second mission, Pathfinder. Play the mission on Greenhorn, and make sure to switch between all of your weapons. Start off by killing the guard by the tree with your pistol. Continuing on, you will get to a bunker with two enemies in it, which you could either use a frag to kill them, or use your Thompson or Carbine.

Eventually when you place the beacon and everyone begins dropping down, you will have to go through a house ahead to proceed through the level. In the house, there is only 2-3 enemies in there, so you can easily switch to whatever weapon you haven't gotten a kill with, and nab the achievement.

Pea Shooter 20
Complete a mission using only a pistol and no melee attacks.

This one will require a bit of planning to do. Again, Pathfinder on the Greenhorn difficulty is the best mission to do this on, as it's the shortest one in the game.

As soon as you land, make sure to switch to your pistol, and proceed through the level. Be very careful with your shots though, as enemies very rarely drop pistols. Make sure to let your AI teammates lead, as they can take out just about everyone on Recruit for you. If you play through carefully, you can easily nab this and the Survivor achievement at the same time.

Survivor 15
Complete a mission without dying or loading a checkpoint.

Pathfinder on Recruit again, is the easiest mission to do this on. Take your time and try not to get shot if possible. If you start to take a lot of damage, look around for Med Kits and other health recovery items. The enemies you kill will usually drop a med kit, which should heal you for 25 health. Let your teammates lead to reduce the risk of dying even more. If play through carefully, you can easily nab this and the Pea Shooter achievement.

Won The War 10
Complete the game.

Simply finish the game, can be done on any difficulty.

Last edited by Asian47; 11-13-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Asian47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just some info.

For "Old Glory", you get that after mission 8, (the POW camp).
For "Union Jack" you should get it after mission 14, (the ship).
And I think "Victory banner" should come after mission 23.

Just a small point though about the roadmap, is the difficulty not maybe a little lower than 8/10?

Nice guide though, thanks for posting
Old 11-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirK View Post
Just some info.

For "Old Glory", you get that after mission 8, (the POW camp).
For "Union Jack" you should get it after mission 14, (the ship).
And I think "Victory banner" should come after mission 23.

Just a small point though about the roadmap, is the difficulty not maybe a little lower than 8/10?

Nice guide though, thanks for posting
So each one unlocks before each campaign's final mission? Nice to know, thanks for the head's up.

The 8/10 is for those who haven't played the game. The fact that I know where everything is makes it a tad easier, but someone who's never played before might not find it as easy as you and me.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

I meant, actually after the mission I said.
As in, you complete it, achievement unlocks.

And just something I noticed, not sure if you did, but the enemy does throw grenades.
There isn't many right enough, you need to listen for allies or the enemy shouting about a grenade though due to no indicator.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirK View Post
I meant, actually after the mission I said.
As in, you complete it, achievement unlocks.

And just something I noticed, not sure if you did, but the enemy does throw grenades.
There isn't many right enough, you need to listen for allies or the enemy shouting about a grenade though due to no indicator.
I can honestly say, I have yet to see anyone throw grenades at me yet. The few times they may, they are never nearby where you are, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
Darth Odan

Darth Odan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak47 View Post
I can honestly say, I have yet to see anyone throw grenades at me yet. The few times they may, they are never nearby where you are, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Eh, the mission after Pathfinder there's a German in the second story building with the MG 42. He throws a grenade. I've died a couple of times because of grenades...so yeah....
Old 11-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Odan View Post
Eh, the mission after Pathfinder there's a German in the second story building with the MG 42. He throws a grenade. I've died a couple of times because of grenades...so yeah....

I must be lucky than, cause I haven't run into any grenades until the chateau level.

I'll be sure to edit the road map to reflect this.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
DAck1244
Banned User

DAck124's Gamercard
Someone sticky this! Very well done.
DAck1244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:50 AM   #9
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Nice Guide, I was wondering what happened to the other guys guide. But thanks for making a new guide.
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Just finished this game on Veteran. Quite a tough journey that is.

Here I want to point out on Veteran in order to get a checkpoint at every preset spot, you must have at least 50% health, which means taking one shot from a rifleman and you better start from your last checkpoint.

(On Veteran, getting 2 shots from a rifleman or 3-4 shots from a submachine gunner, and you are dead)
Old 11-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JieXY View Post
Just finished this game on Veteran. Quite a tough journey that is.

Here I want to point out on Veteran in order to get a checkpoint at every preset spot, you must have at least 50% health, which means taking one shot from a rifleman and you better start from your last checkpoint.

(On Veteran, getting 2 shots from a rifleman or 3-4 shots from a submachine gunner, and you are dead)
I wanted to see how hard Veteran was, so I played on an offline account and wow it was pretty tough.
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #12
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by A 2rue boofer View Post
I wanted to see how hard Veteran was, so I played on an offline account and wow it was pretty tough.
Yeah, the small number of grenades will help though.
Plus as far as I've seen, the enemies aren't infinite, that should really help.

That health bar will be the killer though.
There wasn't even any health packs on the training mission, and I've not seen any so far on the first proper mission.

Oh, and the other thing that I think will make it really difficult.
The night missions. There's no way to raise the brightness in-game and I don't want to screw up my normal brightness settings on the actual TV.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #13
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
From my experiences, I don't think the brightness would cause any trouble, and of course the grenades are not your major concern.

But yeah, the health bar, the biggest killer.
Use the playlist on Youtube in other thread which makes your journey less bumpy.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #14
tF SKULL

Send a message via ICQ to tF SKULL

RHDxSKULLxFAQ's Gamercard
easy 200 except for the veteran achievement

tF SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #15
kix7711

x7 squish 7x's Gamercard
is it worth the points and is there online

complete 200) dash of destruction 200. south park tower defense 200.
kix7711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:18 AM   #16
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tF SKULL View Post
easy 200 except for the veteran achievement
Easy 170, definitely not an easy 200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kix7711 View Post
is it worth the points and is there online
Well, it depends, do you love the CoD franchise? If so, this is a decent port, and really shows how the series started. Compared to games nowadays, it has aged, but it is a good game.

I'd say the weakest part of the game is the online. For some reason, you can only have 8-player online, but it is there. If you are going to get it, get it to see how the series started, or for nostalgia's sake.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #17
Jonny Killalot

Jonny Killalot's Gamercard
This game is really starting to piss me off. I am on the British mission on veteran were you defend the Bridge during the day. My last checkpoint is after killing the 2nd tank and I have to hop off the flak 88 gun (around the 4:03 time left point) before I get killed . Then I try to make it to the bunker, I can only make it to the bunker 20% of the time. Then once in the bunker I grab the enemies bazooka(cant remember exact name). I try to fight off the enemy soldiers that seemed to have us surrounded until the 3rd tank rolls by the bunker. I have took him out once but didnt get a damn checkpoint.

I think I need to turn this off for the night before I go insane.

Anyways sorry for the rant. Thanks for the Guide.

1000Gs- Cod2, Cod4, Cod:WaW, Cod:MW2, Cod:Black Ops ,The Godfather (1250/1250), The Godfather ll, Civilization Rev, Fight Night Rd 3, Mass Effect 1 (1200/1200), Mass Effect 2 (1015/1015), Madden 06, Madden 08, Madden 09, College Hoops 2k6, NBA 2k6, NCAA Football 07, NCAA Football 08, NCAA Football 09, NCAA Football 10

200/200
Call of Duty Classic
Battlefield 1943
NBA 2k10 Draft Combine
Jonny Killalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #18
Jonny Killalot

Jonny Killalot's Gamercard
I was about to give up on the game because I was stuck in the same checkpoint as my above post believe the mission is called Pegasus day. The bunker didnt work for me I even managed to kill 2 more tanks(total of 4) from the bunker but never got another check point.

So right before I quit I decided I needed to run somewhere else. I decided to run up the stairs on the bridge , it took me 3 tries to finally make it all the way up and behind cover. I shot the 2 enemy guys on the bridge to the west. When Price yells there is another tank to the north , I did nothing but watch the westside of the bridge . Time finally ends and then the friendlies come from the west. Then the objective says to help the friendlies clear remaining enemies , again I do nothing because I still didn't have a saved checkpoint eventhough I had 50% health and time ran out. Then finally it says to debrief with Price, mission over.

If anyone gets stuck here I highly recommend doing this.

1000Gs- Cod2, Cod4, Cod:WaW, Cod:MW2, Cod:Black Ops ,The Godfather (1250/1250), The Godfather ll, Civilization Rev, Fight Night Rd 3, Mass Effect 1 (1200/1200), Mass Effect 2 (1015/1015), Madden 06, Madden 08, Madden 09, College Hoops 2k6, NBA 2k6, NCAA Football 07, NCAA Football 08, NCAA Football 09, NCAA Football 10

200/200
Call of Duty Classic
Battlefield 1943
NBA 2k10 Draft Combine
Jonny Killalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #19
DAck1244
Banned User

DAck124's Gamercard
Sticky, perhaps?
DAck1244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #20
BenWo

BenWo RKO's Gamercard
I just wanted to point out quickly that there quite clearly are 2 Missable Achievements and you have put 0...

The handgun one and the one where you have to use each weapon once without dying are missable because you have to do specific things to get them you don't just get them while playing.

This is a great guide though.
BenWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #21
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

A missable achievement is an achievement you only have one chance to do during a normal playthrough, and if you miss it, you will have to start a new one to get it. If you really want, there are several missions you can do it on, not just the second.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #22
SuperTongue

Send a message via AIM to SuperTongue

Sup3r T0ngue's Gamercard
Why is it that the "Rocket's Red Glare" and the other achievements didn't unlock yet. I've already gotten Old Glory and Union Jack, but not the other two.

It should be done "at the end of each campaign" which I'm assuming means each set of missions (American/British/Russian).

Uh... any more help?

100% Complete
A Kingdom for Keflings (200/200)
Halo 3 (1750/1750)
Lego Indiana Jones (1000/1000)
Carcasonne (200/200)
Test Drive Unlimited (1000/1000)
Halo 2 (PC) (1000/1000)
SuperTongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #23
sharkone

My preferite FPS
Old 12-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #24
Muckrak3r

Muckrak3r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTongue View Post
Why is it that the "Rocket's Red Glare" and the other achievements didn't unlock yet. I've already gotten Old Glory and Union Jack, but not the other two.

It should be done "at the end of each campaign" which I'm assuming means each set of missions (American/British/Russian).

Uh... any more help?
You get rockets red glare after beating one of the final 3 missions, I think it's the 2nd to last.
Muckrak3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #25
SuperTongue

Send a message via AIM to SuperTongue

Sup3r T0ngue's Gamercard
Just beat the game and got the three achievements. The description on how to get them would be much better if it said:

"These are the final three missions of the campaign. After completing the Russian missions, there will be three remaining missions to complete, each of which will unlock one of these three achievements."

From the description there, I thought after completing each set of missions I would get them, along with the full set achievement.

100% Complete
A Kingdom for Keflings (200/200)
Halo 3 (1750/1750)
Lego Indiana Jones (1000/1000)
Carcasonne (200/200)
Test Drive Unlimited (1000/1000)
Halo 2 (PC) (1000/1000)
SuperTongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:46 AM   #26
balance13

balance13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTongue View Post
Just beat the game and got the three achievements. The description on how to get them would be much better if it said:

"These are the final three missions of the campaign. After completing the Russian missions, there will be three remaining missions to complete, each of which will unlock one of these three achievements."

From the description there, I thought after completing each set of missions I would get them, along with the full set achievement.
Thank god this is on here, I was starting to wonder why I hadn't got them yet and was actually getting frustrated..
balance13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #27
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Nice guide! I'll use it once I get the game.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #28
idirom

Hassan is FFP's Gamercard
Super Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Nice guide! I'll use it once I get the game.
Indeed excelent guide.

great tip pathfinder level.

keep up the good work.
idirom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:24 AM   #29
chaos 03

Ex0dO's Gamercard
nice guide, thank you.
chaos 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:31 AM   #30
mbailey347

mikeprocurator's Gamercard
I would probably go with 5/10... the veteran is extremely annoying, but as far as 100%ing the game, it is very easy and the veteran isn't that bad when you get used to it...

One thing I do have to complain about is, playing on veteran, having a spawn point that consists of me being in front of a person who hits me in the back and I die... unless I run and jump, hide and then shoot them, while hiding from a tank..
mbailey347 is offline   Reply With Quote