PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Call of Duty Classic
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #31
Jonny Killalot

Jonny Killalot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTo0z View Post
Oh I forgot to give me 2 cents on this.

I actually did almost nothing in this level, haha.

In the beginning when you cross the bridge to defend, I went prone at the sandbags and did nothing, my squad won that battle for me.

When he sends you back to the machine gun to cover their retreat, I went in that room and went prone, they made it back just fine.

When the timer started and the FIRST TANK showed up, I also did nothing! I did not kill a single tank, just remained prone in that little building with the mounted machine gun.

The timer ran out, the reinforcements showed up, still I did nothing. Eventually the game told me to regroup with Price.

VERY EASY.
ROFL! I almost did this exact thing but I did take out 2 tanks with the Flak 88s then I had a checkpoint (with 4:03 left) and kept dying when I spawned. I tried running to the bunker and bazooka 2 more tanks and I would eventually get killed and have to start all over at my original checkpoint. Started to get pissed off .

So i decided to just run to the stairs on the bridge from my checkpoint after 3 tries I make it up the stairs and use the wall for cover. Kill the 2 enemies on the bridge to the west and Capt. Price yells "There is a tank to the north " I do nothing but watch my back. He keeps yelling about the tank but I just let the time run out.

Eventually it says friendlies coming from the west . I watch the friendlies from the bridge and the objective now is to help friendlies clear out the left over enemies. Again I do nothing but hide in the 2nd level on the bridge . It finally says to regroup with Capt. Price.

I can't believe I tried so many times to kill all the tanks when I didn't have to . lol

1000Gs- Cod2, Cod4, Cod:WaW, Cod:MW2, Cod:Black Ops ,The Godfather (1250/1250), The Godfather ll, Civilization Rev, Fight Night Rd 3, Mass Effect 1 (1200/1200), Mass Effect 2 (1015/1015), Madden 06, Madden 08, Madden 09, College Hoops 2k6, NBA 2k6, NCAA Football 07, NCAA Football 08, NCAA Football 09, NCAA Football 10

200/200
Call of Duty Classic
Battlefield 1943
NBA 2k10 Draft Combine
Jonny Killalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #32
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This is an update post to let anyone know, I myself did not know you could go without destroying tanks on Pegasus Day, it's been added in. I've also updated a strategy for Pavlov thanks to JieXY's tips.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #33
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
2 corrections/tips

9. Pegasus Night. When trying to get back to the bridge to take out the tank with the flak cannon. You can hide behind the sandbags, crawl while having them block your sight. when you near the railing on the bridge to the left...crouch and hug the right hand side of that left railing...you will not get hit and if you do its a 1 in 100 chance you'll get nicked.

10. Pegasus Day. I dont know how you guys did it but i found it impossible to kill anymore than 3 tanks. I'd get one second to aim and then id die. A lot of times with the shitty controls of a joystick with FPS i would miss completely. After 3 hours i decided to let the time run down. What do you know? Mission super easy. All the tanks exploded and i was able to aptly complete the mission with no issues.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #34
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todaysforgotten View Post
2 corrections/tips

9. Pegasus Night. When trying to get back to the bridge to take out the tank with the flak cannon. You can hide behind the sandbags, crawl while having them block your sight. when you near the railing on the bridge to the left...crouch and hug the right hand side of that left railing...you will not get hit and if you do its a 1 in 100 chance you'll get nicked.

10. Pegasus Day. I dont know how you guys did it but i found it impossible to kill anymore than 3 tanks. I'd get one second to aim and then id die. A lot of times with the shitty controls of a joystick with FPS i would miss completely. After 3 hours i decided to let the time run down. What do you know? Mission super easy. All the tanks exploded and i was able to aptly complete the mission with no issues.
Pegasus night was easy enough. But I hated Pegasus day. got killed getting on the 88 to take the 2nd or 3th tank. so I figured when the checkpoint reloaded. I ran to the red brick building just north of the bunker and did take cover in the corner there next to the wall with the hole in it. Did not even kill the 1st tank. No one can hit u there. And only 1 German climbs over the hole in the wall there. so stay there for the timer to run out. and wait for the AI to clear the rest of the enemies if you are low on health until it tells you to meet up with the capt again. worked fine for me.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #35
sharkone

For me english missions were the hardest. Especially Pegasus Night, Dam and the Ship.
Maybe because at small distances enemy are more powerfull.
Pavlov if you find the right room is simple.

However I love this game since old times. I hope to see in the future a nextgen remake !
Old 12-07-2009, 03:06 AM   #36
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The lack of detail in this guide doesn't help at all. This being veteran I feel it needs more tips for hiding and routes to take. But like you said you did this on PC version. But thanks the tips you do give help alot.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #37
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Edited for angry content, written in the midst of a COD Classic-induced gamerage.

Last edited by daninthemix; 02-13-2010 at 10:37 PM.
daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #38
daninthemix

Edited for angry content, written in the midst of a COD Classic-induced gamerage.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #39
daninthemix

Old 12-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #40
daninthemix

Old 12-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #41
Muckrak3r

Muckrak3r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninthemix View Post
Guess that makes me a complete **** then, because this is a whore of a level and more than a 2/5.
Hahaha!

I struggled a bit on that level also. It wasn't until later I learned he made the guide based off of playing it on the PC where you can apparently save any damn time you feel like. Making Veteran NOT HARD.

Last edited by Muckrak3r; 03-08-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Muckrak3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #42
daninthemix

Old 12-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #43
Muckrak3r

Muckrak3r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninthemix View Post
****, and NOW I'm having problems on the next level as well (Railyard). Do you have any advice - I'm on my own (all my men are dead), have sniped about a million people outside the factory, blown up the tank, sniper another 50,000 people inside, cautiously made my way in got one-shotted by some bottom feeder in a room at the far end. How close am I to a checkpoint?

2/5 my dick.
Unfortunately I don't remember that level well enough to give any tips, but yes pretty much every level after Pavlov's house is at least a 3/5 on the xbox. I struggled on a few, but a lot of that was I was just trying to rush and finish since I knew the super hard levels were over.

Last edited by Muckrak3r; 03-08-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Muckrak3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:18 AM   #44
defiant4eva

x UKe x Lyall's Gamercard
First i will start by saying well done on posting you guide to this game. It help me alot in mapping out the level in my head, ie where certain enemies were and certain areas were. Some tips I would like to add.

This game has glitchy checkpoints and I would recommend to anyone that, if they had played to a certain point and have around 50%+ health and still haven't had a checkpoint. Sometimes if you back track it does give a checkpoint.

I strongly recommend the Karq8(might have misspelled that, but you should know what rifle I mean) german boltaction rifle. It has great range and most shots are a kill. Plus you will always find plenty of ammo.

During the truck chase, when you play the britsh . I found it easier to shoot the guys on the trucks and save the phanzershrecks for the moterbikes and cars. If anyone else is having trouble following the guide on that bit. Try my way.

Try to past each area with most of your health, if it drops below 50% kill yourself and retry that area. There is no point getting a check point with 10% health left and still half a level left. You will just be making it harder for yourself.

Also IMO this has to be the hardest COD game, but it was a nice challenge. Even though I nearly throw my controller through my tv 

defiant4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #45
brenttiscool15

Send a message via AIM to brenttiscool15 Send a message via MSN to brenttiscool15 Send a message via Yahoo to brenttiscool15

A DOO DOO YOZ's Gamercard
For those struggling with the dam level, in the room overlooking the turbines, its all about memorization. After you kill the first three guys in that room, run to the windows, shoot the single guy, and then jump down and land on the turbine and you won't lose any health. This eliminates a big part of that section. You will get another checkpoint once you plant the 4 charges on the generator. From there it's all about memorization. My biggest mistake while playing through this game was always reloading to hastily. Make sure everyone is dead before reloading because it can be the death of you, and will.
brenttiscool15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #46
thebozboz84

thebozboz84's Gamercard
got my 200gs off this bitch at last, i think i died like over 1000 times, harder than any other cod game so far. this game is still awesome and demands respect (altough im never doing that damn boat mlevel ever again!)
Old 12-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #47
Box Of Ice

Box of Ice's Gamercard
Thank you so much for this guide.It helped tons on the couple levels I was struggling on. 200/200 thanks again for the help
Box Of Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #48
pr1nyc1

Send a message via AIM to pr1nyc1 Send a message via MSN to pr1nyc1 Send a message via Yahoo to pr1nyc1

A2FarRockaway's Gamercard
Thanks... Finally beat this stupid game!
pr1nyc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #49
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
lol wish id read this guide before i did pavlov, i waited for reinforcements the hard way and it was hell i tells ya
Old 12-24-2009, 04:57 AM   #50
Tripbar

Send a message via AIM to Tripbar
Thanks! This should help.
Tripbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #51
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
Seriously, Pavlov is the hardest level I have ever played. When I finally made it to the part where you destroy the tanks, I did not get a checkpoint. After spending a good 1/2 hour carefully clearing the building and praying that I did not die, I finally cleared it. But then I could not find the anti-tank gun fast enough and some dude gunned me down.

So I repeat. NO F*CKING CHECKPOINT?!?!?!?!? Are you serious? They expect me to survive clearing a whole building basically alone and then destroying tanks and waiting for reinforcements without a single fucking checkpoint? Yeah, this game sucks.
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #52
DHartmann

DHartmann's Gamercard
Finaly Complete Veteran
Thanks the Guide
Old 01-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #53
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Thanks for the tactics tips. Love this game but only finding it fun to a point on vet, when I hit one of those "die 700 times" points....I shut the damn game down and go play something else...or grab a beer (or four). Come back to it a week later...find that sometimes you just manage through a tough part after a brain break with less trouble than before when getting super-frustrated. Still picking away at it.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #54
OldNotreDame

IrishBeatdown's Gamercard
This guide was marginally helpful when trying to complete the game. I'm not complaining because im too lazy to write one. This was hard. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #55
COD Scarface

DSB ScarFace's Gamercard
The guide helped me a bit, especially the checkpoints. I now have all cods that came out on 360 100%. A part from Muckraker and me, I think there are only a few in the world who have this...)

This is the most hard of the series, ( mile high club excluded) because of the crappy PC tot console port ASPYRE did and the "minimum 50% health" checkpointsystem

Well on to the next one

Last edited by COD Scarface; 01-13-2010 at 01:41 PM.
COD Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #56
OldNotreDame

IrishBeatdown's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by COD Scarface View Post
I now have all cods that came out on 360 100%. A part from Muckraker and me, I think there are only a few in the world who have this...)
See above your post in my signature.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #57
COD Scarface

DSB ScarFace's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNotreDame View Post
See above your post in my signature.
hmm, well you are one of the few, care tot send me a pm with your gamercard? only this is hard evidence.
Yes I only believe it when I see it...
Old 01-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #58
gameplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by COD Scarface View Post
one of the few
Over 20 million registered Live users and you're special? x infinity
gameplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 AM   #59
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
ive 100%'d all the infinity ward cods on 360
Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #60
COD Scarface

DSB ScarFace's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayer View Post
Over 20 million registered Live users and you're special? x infinity
BUT only a few with 100% completion on all cods,so...

YES