PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Call of Duty Classic
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
jamieCR7

o Jamie z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Poor poor game

I know this is Call of Duty's first installment, but wow is it bad. I mean you can't even sprint in online multiplayer, it's as if they didn't know how to sprint back in the day. People will probably never get to see this thread actually, it will be pushed to the bottom of the pile due to the spamming of the Modern Warfare 2 forum, you know? (Stares at the guilty parties...)

I am just creating this to see what other people think of the game, and why you also think it is shit. I assume you think the same, as I find it very difficult to comprehend someone liking this game. I now believe the hardened edition was a waste of money, could've went down to Tesco or Asda etc. and saved a lot of money.

Peace.

Play a Pro Clubs match as a team of 10 or more
(GT: o Jamie z)
jamieCR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #2
shilbo-assassin

the Bunk 187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I think the game is based on a troop with a limp.

8000G Pro Evo
shilbo-assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:55 AM   #3
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Believe it or not, this game is way better on PC. This port is kinda poorly done, IMO. The movements are worse, and there's no saving anywhere, along with no regenerating health! Total BS. Even with my veteran guide written, I doubt I'll clear veteran, simple because of two stupid missions. The rest are manageable to me.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:47 AM   #4
Zaku77

Send a message via MSN to Zaku77

Zaku777's Gamercard
Dude, remember when this game came out. This came out when Medal Of Honor was king, and nobody actually realized that those really sucked. The game completely over-hauled WW2 shooters and was a mega hit. To be loving MoH: Frontline and then start this up was an amazing experience. This is also the same core gameplay of all the other CODs. The whole running thing was not a part of the series yet and it was before regenerating health was everywhere. We kinda have Halo 2 to thank for that one. So just appreciate it for what it is and suck it up, it's beatable =P
Zaku77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
Waterboy908

waterboy908's Gamercard
I missed the story in this game a lot. PC games years ago when CoD first came out, it was pretty much unheard of to have regenerating health. I was hoping it would be a pretty clean copy from a PC game to the console, but I was wrong. My hopes were crushed seeing that Veteran is absolutely terrible now with one hit kills and through the entire game you can't save yourself, you have to depend solely on auto-saves in between checkpoints and objectives. Those are the only real problems I have with this game, maybe my opinion is bias because I originally played this on the PC. I'm just a little disappointed, but hey, I bought it and overall I'm playing it so it must not be that bad. We'll see if anything happens or gets changed if they ever patch it.... hopefully they do.
Waterboy908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
JASEL84

COD MASTAH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Classic classic looks what starts. MW2 OWNSSss

Prestige 10: Modern Warfare
Prestige 10: World at War
Prestige 10: Modern Warfare 2
Prestige 14: Black Ops
Prestige 14: Modern Warfare 3

Real gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCDxvRFGp0&feature=plcp
JASEL84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
For me it's not bad.
A free game is still free and I can't really complain aobut any of it.

(To me it's free anyway since I would have gotten the PE even without this).

I did like the mission where he's driving the car though.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:51 AM   #8
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Wrong... Medal Of Honor is/was a great game/series.

This is fine for a "free" game. Now, had I paid the, what I assume will be 1200 space bucks for it, I'd be... well, not disappointed in the game, just disappointed they didn't do enough to punch it up at all. Hey, they game itself is what 6 years old? Wait... only 6? Man, this game hasn't aged well at all.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #9
HardkorePrawn

HardkorePrawn's Gamercard
Call of Duty 4 was the first one you could sprint in.
And Medal of Honor was written by the people that became Infinity Ward.
HardkorePrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
pwn S4uc3

Pwn S4uc3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardkorePrawn View Post
No the Expansion to Call of Duty you had Sprint. Its called United Offensive. It was treyarch's first COD But they were call Grey Matter back then. Sprint was not in most FPS in 03-04. I loved the game on the PC only played a few missions on the 360 and yes its not as great but i still enjoy playing a game that got me hooked on FPS in the first place. Its an older game you cant expect everything from modern FPS. If they put all that in it would change the game completely. Just sit back enjoy a classic game the way it was made and see what started the whole CoD hype in the first place.
pwn S4uc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #11
DAck1244
Banned User

DAck124's Gamercard
This game isn't bad. It's fun... minus the sprint. And it is "free".
DAck1244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #12
Nerdz0r

BodrumKebab's Gamercard

No games had sprint back when this was made. Neither does CoD 2..
Old 11-14-2009, 04:35 AM   #13
Marth989

Xi Blockie's Gamercard
Overall I'm enjoying it, but the save locations and timings are terrible.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:09 AM   #14
jamieCR7

o Jamie z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAck1244 View Post
This game isn't bad. It's fun... minus the sprint. And it is "free".
It isn't free . You had to pay extra for hardened edition, which I am very disappointed to have dished out the extra money for. Just my opinion of course, I am sure there will be people who enjoy it.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
muffinmastergw2

MuffinMasterGW's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieCR7 View Post
It isn't free . You had to pay extra for hardened edition, which I am very disappointed to have dished out the extra money for. Just my opinion of course, I am sure there will be people who enjoy it.
if it retails for 1200 ms points then you saved 5 dollars getting the hardened edition.
muffinmastergw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #16
KingSigy

Send a message via AIM to KingSigy Send a message via MSN to KingSigy Send a message via Yahoo to KingSigy Send a message via Skype™ to KingSigy

KingSigy's Gamercard
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault was the best WW2 shooter ever made...until Call of Duty. Yeah it may not be as smooth or fluid as newer installments, but the game revolutionized shooters for years to come (Iron Sights were a first in Call of Duty).

The game also has some amazing set pieces (better than anything in COD3, 5 and MW2). Not only that, it stayed away from retelling the same battles of every other WW2 shooter and decided to stick to the lesser known conflicts. St. Mere Eglise is not in another WW2 shooter.

Call of Duty is one of my favorite games of all time. If you weren't big into shooters back in 2003, you may not be able to appreciate the actual quality in this title. I would take this one any day over COD4 or MW2.

KingSigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #17
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Well atleast im not the only one that thought it was crap, i played it once and then stopped. The training was rly boring.. Played the first level and everyone runs arround like they've got a stick stuck up there ass, I lol'd when i saw the nazi's and my team mates running arround for the first time, And the bullets seem like they are broken? O.o mine are anyway, i waisted a whole round and the guy didnt die, Im sure i had a good aim on him, Then i figured out the back of my gun was a WMD and ran arround winning the war by whacking them with my gun.

I expected it to not be as good but not this bad.. I havent played it since, i have been meaning to do it again but play seriously tho, Not tried the online yet.
Still dont regret buying the hardened edition because if i didnt i'd be wondering what it would be like to own the hardened edition right now.
True I Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #18
animeaddict42

Ryouza's Gamercard
This game was not bad in my opinion. The only bad things I'd have to say about it is the difficulty on veteran (buy hey, I say that about every CoD, even when I don't really care XD) and the AI, which is an acceptable problem considering its release date. I'm glad to have finally gotten a chance to play the game that started it all. And not having sprint is not that bad, once you play it enough. People should stop bitching about what features it does not have, of course its going to have a sparser set of features than newer entries, that is how games evolve.

Rock Band Expert Multi-Instrumentalist
200+ DLC
Always looking for good Expert players to jam with
animeaddict42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #19
dynamik123

Once you've seen the future the past is not as great.

Example: Go play Goldeneye again. Sure, the game was great back in the day, but the nostalgia will be gone when you see how it just does not compare to the FPS experience you are used to.

Team based shooter coming to XBLA soon, check it out!
dynamik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #20
Armor42

Armor42's Gamercard
6 years from now, people like you will be saying the same thing about MW2. Back when this was released, this game was solid gold http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...ll%20of%20duty

What a useless thread
Armor42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #21
KingSigy

Send a message via AIM to KingSigy Send a message via MSN to KingSigy Send a message via Yahoo to KingSigy Send a message via Skype™ to KingSigy

KingSigy's Gamercard
I don't see how this game isn't good. I'm not even having nostalgia factor and this game is still fantastic. Yeah it's not as polished as 2 or 4, but it still beats them in terms of scripted sequences. Everything in this game is completely tense and difficult, unlike how the later games just gave you regenerating health and, in turn, became easier.

KingSigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:02 AM   #22
Cheezbrgr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezbrgr

Cheezbrgr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
The one worst thing is the lack of checkpoints, and brightness. I had to change my TV brightness ;(
Cheezbrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #23
Copyright
Banned User

Quote:
What? You can sprint in CoD 2 and 3. Just because 4 was the first CoD you played does not make it the first to do anything, other than be "modern".
Copyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #24
jamieCR7

o Jamie z's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor42 View Post
6 years from now, people like you will be saying the same thing about MW2. Back when this was released, this game was solid gold http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...ll%20of%20duty

What a useless thread
Funny thing is that I am talking about now, so in 6 years I probably and most likely will say Modern Warfare 2 is poor in comparison to the modern day equivalent. Although at the minute I can't see many improvements which can be made, let's hope we don't get virtual helmets that put us in the game as such...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamik123 View Post
Once you've seen the future the past is not as great.
True in most instances, but I am allowed an opinion of this game in our present time. And it is shit!

Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #25
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyright View Post
What? You can sprint in CoD 2 and 3. Just because 4 was the first CoD you played does not make it the first to do anything, other than be "modern".
Actually, CoD2 does NOT have sprint. I can not say for sure about CoD3 because I have never played it, but from what I have heard, it didn't have sprint either.

Last edited by isw42; 11-23-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Clarity
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #26
Duface

Duface's Gamercard
Quote:
Wrong, you could sprint in COD3. There was that guy at the bottom right hand of your screen that would regenerate you speed by filling up.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:06 AM   #27
mattshotcha

mattshotcha's Gamercard
wow... he was just stating his opinion and you guys launched an all out nerd offensive on him... rant forums are not supposed to be gamer history lessons... thanks to the original poster... i was looking for info and opinions on the game and found some...
mattshotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #28
SoBeRxFTW

Pulveratez's Gamercard
I have to admit this the hardest CoD game ever, can't sprint, spaced out checkpoints, and very annoying how there is no grenade indacator. etc

This is the only XBLA that I am not going to get the full 200
But 170/200 sounds good.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #29
pinkfluff1

pinkfluff1's Gamercard
I think people are failing to realise quite how old this is and how far games have come. This game was the best at the time and thats a fact. It's just a laugh thats all. It is outdated but this game is what changed FPS for the better and finally killed medal of honor which was old and wasn't doing anything new. This is was far better on PC to be fair.
pinkfluff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #30
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfluff1 View Post
I think people are failing to realise quite how old this is and how far games have come. This game was the best at the time and thats a fact.
Technically, that's still an opinion.
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote