PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Call of Duty Classic
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #31
Kronos1982

Hugo J Stiglitz's Gamercard
It's not too bad. Not having sprint isn't a big deal to me. COD2 didn't have sprint and I still consider it probably THE best WWII FPS I've ever played. WaW is decent but not my cup of tea. In all honesty I thought COD3 was a bit better than WaW.

Kronos1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #32
McKaystyles

McKaystyles's Gamercard
i played cod 1, back in like freshmen year... it was the shit for its times dude... but not for nowaays.

McKaystyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:17 AM   #33
swaveman

Swaveman's Gamercard
No sprint though? How does that make sense? You just gonna walk from cover to cover in combat? Haha! It's funny watching my buddies running to cover but I am just strolling along the road, window shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamelessSoul View Post
So you made a thread to complain about the threads that people make and complain about stuff? Hrrrrmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
you make a game about the civil war and you spell Lincoln's name wrong?
swaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #34
KrAzY LuSo88

KrAzY LuSo88's Gamercard
the game isn't that bad...but it's one of the hardest in the cod series on veteran...
ON 18/05/2010 AT 10:34 PM
WITH SKATE 3
KrAzY LuSo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #35
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Why wine about no sprint? The old CoD's were good because you could go prone. Now that's out in ever new game. What's up with that? And leaning around corners. Only the PC version still carry's that.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #36
Fueled by Rage

Fueled by Rage's Gamercard
I never really got into the 1st COD. I thought it was a MOH rip off but lol, MOH ended sucking and COD became totally awesome. I got into COD at 2 and loved it ever since. I decided to splurge with MW2 and got the special Xbox 360 but I did wish they included the original COD.
Fueled by Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #37
acurate bob

Acurate Bob's Gamercard
techinically its not an opinion here are some of the awards that this very game won at the time it was released!

Over 80 Game Of The Year awards, no other game earned this may.

AND

50 Editor's Choice Awards

also no you didnt save money buying hardened crappy MW2. cause i got MW2 for 25 quid. not 50! its a FUCKIN CAMPER FEST anyways, it ruined Hardcore for us all! im still on WaW anyways, MUCH BETTER! ZOMBIES anybody?LOL
acurate bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #38
Cloud878

Cloud878's Gamercard
I have the original PC version. From what I've heard, it's much better. I didn't get the hardened edition of MW2 because it just seemed like a waste to me. You have to realize that games have really evolved in the past 6 years. All of the features have been added over the course of future installments. Call of Duty 2 added regenerating health. Call of Duty 3 added the throwing of grenades and cooking grenades (it also added Sprinting, but I think it was only in multiplayer). Call of Duty 4 improved the sprinting from 3 and made it darker. I bet in a few years, Modern Warfare 2 will have just as many complaints.
Cloud878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #39
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
This game has been a little disappointing, just because of its age really. The health is my biggest bugbear - and making it very hard going. It's hard to get back into health pack thinking after so long regenerative. There is a lot of health around, but your bar just shrinks under fire in seconds. Not even having backup health packs is annoying.

Otherwise, this is an interesting game for, being the only one I haven't played. So its nice to go back, see the series as it was originally - and you really can see how the series has developed into what we have today.
wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #40
xAcCeSs DeNiEd

xAcCeSs DeNiEd's Gamercard
Wow this guy doesn't know what he is on about

you say the game is shit because of no sprint function pathetic

This game was the start of the great franchise that is Call of Duty but to say that is sucks based on no sprint is stupid and as far as the multiplayer is concerned it was taken from the PC version which supported 1 - 32 players so that has been cut down making it pretty dull.

It has 91% meta critic and has numerous awards which it fully deserves, I don't have problems with the game. The mission are intense and epic the weapons, locations, vehicles, and sounds are all authentic given the player a great WW2 experience. Many complain about the veteran difficulty it is possible but to some extent it is very repetitive and extremely hard but its what you expect.

It was the best game around 2003 when it was released, looking back on it i still can see why it was so legendary it should get the respect it deserves.
xAcCeSs DeNiEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #41
Tyrant100

Tyrant100's Gamercard
Lol, just don't compare CoD1 with CoD6. That's really retarted. Actually, don't compare this Classic Call of Duty with ANY shooter from 2005 or later. Everyone who thinks Call of Duty is crap must be or 13 or just plain stupid.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #42
jamieCR7

o Jamie z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'd say my main issue was the extra price I paid for Hardened only to be given this Arcade game which didn't justify the value added on. So all the "You must be stupid" comments really don't come into play, my stupidity has no part to play in the matter.

Someone else said my opinion isn't valid as the game has awards, my opinon is as valid as it will ever be. Your argument basically states that anything that has some sort of award or prestige is completely prone to any criticism, how narrow minded.

Play a Pro Clubs match as a team of 10 or more
(GT: o Jamie z)
jamieCR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #43
Takamura Bear

I downloaded the demo yesterday. I expected tne same COD I played on my PC six years ago and got exactly that. Things have moved on in the last few years though.

The original Call of Duty was a masterpeice and one of the best games I have ever played. If you played the more recent CODs and then this it may seem like a step backward (e.g. med packs, no sprint etc) to many players which I can understand.

But, for me, it provided so many memories. It brought intensity never seen in a WWII game and some of the set-peices were incredible. The Pegaus bridge and stalingrad levels were my favs.

COD, United offensive and COD 2 will allways be the best in my eyes.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:16 AM   #44
SoBeRxFTW

Pulveratez's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Believe it or not, this game is way better on PC. This port is kinda poorly done, IMO. The movements are worse, and there's no saving anywhere, along with no regenerating health! Total BS. Even with my veteran guide written, I doubt I'll clear veteran, simple because of two stupid missions. The rest are manageable to me.
No hard feelings but you wrote the Veteran guide, but you cant pass it yourself.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:30 AM   #45
userpig

userpig's Gamercard
The game itself is awesome. Back in the day, i've beaten it, like, I dunno, ten or more times maybe.

But the way it was brought to X360 is kinda disappointing - hell, the quicksaves were enabled back then in 2003 for a reason, and without'em the whole gameplay is about memorizing the scripts and enemies' spawn patterns, which is kinda uber-annoying.

Stuck on that last british mission and I don't even want to think what words I would shout at my telly when I'd be trying to beat Pavlov's house.

And these complaints about lack of sprint are just hilarious. You gotta think that DooM sucks because of flat enemies and no ability to jump, hehe.
userpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:32 AM   #46
Muckrak3r

Muckrak3r's Gamercard
Calling this game 'poor' is like calling Pac-Man 'poor' just because it's old. We all owe the experiences we get from today's games to beautiful titles like these.

MW2 on Veteran was a simple cakewalk. Up until MW2 I was proud to say I have beaten every COD on Veteran. But with regenerating health, and a 6 or 7 hour campaign max, now THAT's what I call poor.

Now that this came along, I can be proud of another Veteran achievement. When I finally finish the game that is. I'm on mission 17 I think.

The checkpoints aren't shady or glitchy like some have mentioned, you just have to be at 100% health for some checkpoints to unlock. Pretty simple concept.

What makes this game more difficult for me, is how dark some levels are and how obnoxious the music and other sound effects can be. The noise alone keeps me from playing good. Seriously. On the Ship level, I kept dying over and over and over until one time when my save loaded up, the music was off. I flew through the rest of the level with ZERO damage and got checkpoints all the way through.

So in other words, the only things I think this game needs at all are a brightness adjustment and multiple volume controls instead of just a master volume control.

The challenge of beating this game on veteran is too much for me to pass up. And when I have 200/200 I will have Veteran achievements on all 360 COD's. Not too shabby.

Oh, and I only paid $15 for this game (1200 points) and I have already played WAY MORE hours on this campaign than I did on MW2!

Last edited by Muckrak3r; 12-06-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Muckrak3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:56 AM   #47
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Let's argue about opinions!
Your opinion is right and correct for you. You can be misinformed, confused, angry, etc. but your opinion is just that, your opinion. Let the OP guy believe whatever he wants.

Remember some gamers use this forum not as a medium to help others get achievements but kinda like a free therapy session. They get on, bitch about something and then someone responds. Then the poster feels like someone has listened to them even if all posters don't agree. It's therapy. Let this guy be pissed off and think the game sucks. Let the young ones complain about no sprint. Who cares? Someone else's opinion isn't going to change how I feel about the game. We don't all have to agree.

Here's a thought: let's use our powers to help instead. Kinda like the guy(Muckrak3r) who created the write-ups on the damn level and boat levels. Well done.

I found that with the levels I was having trouble with, if I just took a break and came back to it later, I was able to see a different way of beating the level. When I get too frustrated I dont think clearly and try to do the same foolish thing over and over.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Last edited by Chuppernicus; 12-07-2009 at 05:26 AM. Reason: was mistaken.... doesn't happen often!
Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:15 AM   #48
Muckrak3r

Muckrak3r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuppernicus View Post
Here's a thought: let's use our powers to help instead. Kinda like the guy who created the write up on the damn level. He bitched a bit but then also gave us useful information.
I bitched? Oh, maybe about the loudspeaker noise?
Muckrak3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #49
jamieCR7

o Jamie z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuppernicus View Post
Let's argue about opinions!
Your opinion is right and correct for you. You can be misinformed, confused, angry, etc. but your opinion is just that, your opinion. Let the OP guy believe whatever he wants.

Remember some gamers use this forum not as a medium to help others get achievements but kinda like a free therapy session. They get on, bitch about something and then someone responds. Then the poster feels like someone has listened to them even if all posters don't agree. It's therapy. Let this guy be pissed off and think the game sucks. Let the young ones complain about no sprint. Who cares? Someone else's opinion isn't going to change how I feel about the game. We don't all have to agree.

Here's a thought: let's use our powers to help instead. Kinda like the guy who created the write up on the damn level. He bitched a bit but then also gave us useful information.

I found that with the levels I was having trouble with, if I just took a break and came back to it later, I was able to see a different way of beating the level.
Got to love my free therapy session.

Play a Pro Clubs match as a team of 10 or more
(GT: o Jamie z)
jamieCR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #50
Masershot

Masershot's Gamercard
Honestly I don't know why you guys are complaining about veteran. You dont play it Modern Warfare style. You take it slow and tactical. The only truly broken thing is the checkpoint system. Everything else is fairly fair. You dont like getting 1 shot killed? Nether does the enemy. Its fair that you both can do that. If you keep getting killed at a checkpoint YOUR DOING IT WRONG. Honestly, this game takes a long time to finish and I say its worth it. The missions are unique to even most games today and no mission is really hard. And for those of you who say the ship level is too hard, learn to use suppressive fire and rush.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:23 AM   #51
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckrak3r View Post
I bitched? Oh, maybe about the loudspeaker noise?
Easy, not busting your stones. I was really just trying to make a point, that your post(s) was/were helpful and we should see more posts like yours. More please!

Also now that I go back and reread it, you weren't really even bitiching, must've been thinking of another posts My mistake. Sorry. I'll edit.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #52
oXStarKillerXo

DeviantReaper X's Gamercard
Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. But this is the game that launched the Medal of Honour killing franchise.

To put it down because of it's aged gameplay and similiar things is idiotic, unjust and naive.

it's called 'Call of Duty CLASSIC' for a reason.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #53
westz

I WestZ I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
I played this game on PC, and I thought it was the best thing in the world. Multiplayer was so fun and I enjoyed it so much.

This port was horrible and I feel insulted.

• Forza Motorsport 2 (I NEED THAT 1 MIL)

I am open to any boosting requests, just ask. XBL Message preferred.

Latest 1000G Completion:
Assassin's Creed 2 08/15/2010
Call of Duty 2 08/18/2010

47,000 GS 08/15/2010
Goal: 50,000 GS by 09/30/2010

Check out my Flickr!
westz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #54
daninthemix

It's still a decent game, but Veteran ruins it as its so cheap.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:50 AM   #55
BigEasy

B1g Ez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
This game's a piece of fucking shit.

the level with the alarm constantly going off (In the dam) is fucking horrid, wow no check points like WTF........

100% CoD: Classic, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8

100% Halo 3, 3:ODST, Halo Wars, Reach
BigEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:59 AM   #56
IanPrime

IanPrime's Gamercard
I Believe That This is the most boring, bland Game i have ever played
Problems:
Boring, Bland Level Design
Pitch Black Levels
Health Pack System
Dead Online Servers
Bad Checkpoints
And More.....

IanPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:39 AM   #57
MikeJonesJaxson

Send a message via AIM to MikeJonesJaxson

MikeJonesJaxson's Gamercard
It's a good game, but one very horrible port.
MikeJonesJaxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #58
Leone Phelps

Leone Phelps's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeRxFTW View Post
I have to admit this the hardest CoD game ever, can't sprint, spaced out checkpoints, and very annoying how there is no grenade indacator. etc

This is the only XBLA that I am not going to get the full 200
But 170/200 sounds good.
There is no grenade indicator because enemies don't throw grenades? So try not to blow yourself up!!

OT: I think it's actually pretty good, I like how it's the only call of duty where your teammates ACTUALLY fucking help you. Whenever it says finish off their reinforcements I just camp in a corner and let my teammates at it. I also enjoy that enemies dont spam grenades as stated up in the beginningof my post. Other than the lack of sprint, I think it's a top notch game, especially considering how old it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Resolution
I find it mind-boggling that you openly admit to finding a crouching nut sack funny, call us all "vaginas" and then claim to be mature. .
LOL
Leone Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:10 AM   #59
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leone Phelps View Post
There is no grenade indicator because enemies don't throw grenades? So try not to blow yourself up!!

OT: I think it's actually pretty good, I like how it's the only call of duty where your teammates ACTUALLY fucking help you. Whenever it says finish off their reinforcements I just camp in a corner and let my teammates at it. I also enjoy that enemies dont spam grenades as stated up in the beginningof my post. Other than the lack of sprint, I think it's a top notch game, especially considering how old it is
I don't know what you're talking about because I have had enemies throw grenades at me. Not very often, but they have done it.
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #60
Dark Link IV

link n load's Gamercard
i just want to say to those who never played it on the PC, dont compare since they fucked up the controls way bad for the console.

Imo, the CoD1 release as Arcade is poorly done, and doesnt show one bit of what it was.
Yes it looks like CoD1 but thats it it doesnt got the same vibe what so ever.

PS: i stil play CoD1 MP from time to time just like CSS.
Those games rock, and give me by far more challenge in skills then the newer cod's
Dark Link IV is offline   Reply With Quote