PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands > Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
killerc0P

k1llercop's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

My guide to the DLC for The Zombie Island of Dr Ned

Road Map

Overview
Estimated achievement difficulty: 2
Estimated time for 125gs - 2-3 hours depending on amount of players and the level of the players
Minimum playthroughs: 1
Missable achievements: None
Glitched achievements: There has been growing reports that playing through this with a co-op partner can cause the achievements to not pop correctly. However I went through with a friend and we had no problems. Make sure both of you have downloaded the DLC and start at the same point is all I can suggest. There have been no reports of problems playing solo.
Offline: 5 (125)
Online: 0 (0)
Cheats disable achievements: ?

To start the DLC (after you have downloaded it) go into one of your playthroughs (doesn't matter which one) Go up to a new u station and teleport to Jakkobs Cove that is at the very bottom of the list.

The DLC does not take very long maybe 2 - 3 hours and I would recommend that you be at least a Level 35 before attempting it. I started this afternoon with a friend we were both a level 50 and pretty much ran through killing the zombies/bosses very easily.
(I wont spoil the story based achievements as they are self explanatory and very straight forward and cannot be missed (the story is also hilarious)

PLEASE NOTE

At first do not collect any brains that the zombies drop after a head shot until you have spoken to TK who is located in the hallows at the most South Westerly point (just below where you kill Pumpkin Head)
Goto the "Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains" achievement for more info.

House Of The Ned - 25gs

This achievement will unlock once you have completed the first mission.

Note -
This will generate a lot of brains but do not pick them up until you have spoken to TK. (see Braaaains for more info)

Jakobs Fodder - 25gs

Story related and cannot be missed.

Night Of The Living Ned - 1gs (secret)

Story related cannot be missed

Ned's Undead Baby - 49gs (secret)

Story related cannot be missed

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains! - 25gs

This achievement will take the longest to complete but can be done whilst completing other missions. Also if you have more than one player all players can collect towards the total this will make it far easier and quicker.
To activate this misson you have to take TK's wooden leg to his new "zombiefied self" His leg is located on a porch at the south west of the map in Hallows End once you have this in your possesion go into the buiding you found the leg on and give it to zombie TK.
He will then give you the missions to collect zombie brains to feed TK.
1. Collect 10 Brains
2. Collect 25 Brains
3. Collect 50 Brains
4. Collect 100 Brains
5. Collect 250 Brains
To get the zombies to drop a brain upon death try to kill them by a head shot I found using a shotgun and aiming point blank in their face worked best, as opposed to using a sniper rifle.
After collecting each stage you have to return to TK who will eat the brains in front of you and then puke up a collectable as a reward. (I received a guns, shields, and a hunter mod but its probably random)

My friend and I messed up as we collected probably 200 brains before speaking to TK and all of the 200 did not count and we had to start again.

Claptrap Guide all credit goes to ZYM0T1C who created this awesome guide.

The Claptrap is located near the end of the lumber yard on the upper area next to a giant log on a conveyor.

Looking on the map here the Claptrap is the diamond marker and my arrow is the location of the tool box.

The tool box is on the backside of the giant pile of logs.

After rescue the Claptrap feeds the log into the building then goes around the corner and a gun box comes out.

Last edited by killerc0P; 12-05-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Claptrap Guide Added
killerc0P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Thanks for getting the guide up so quick. Im getting this tonight, so at least now I know what to do/look out for. I saw that there were some more secret chieves..is this true or are all of the above it?

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
TheToiletBrush

TheToiletBrush's Gamercard
The ones listed above include the secret ones.

LOOKING FOR BOOSTING PARTNERS: Singularity, Wolfenstien, F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, Call of Juarez, Prey, Turning Point, The Darkness
TheToiletBrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
Hawkzilla22

Hawkzilla22's Gamercard
awesome, cheers man!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
killerc0P

k1llercop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorsworthy View Post
Thanks for getting the guide up so quick. Im getting this tonight, so at least now I know what to do/look out for. I saw that there were some more secret chieves..is this true or are all of the above it?
No worries all the achievements are included the 1 point and 49 point ones are the secret ones.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
squid5580

thanx4tehfish's Gamercard
So it is safe to play? No unlocks but doesn't show up forcing a GT recovery? It's a christmas miracle.

squid5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
killerc0P

k1llercop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by squid5580 View Post
So it is safe to play? No unlocks but doesn't show up forcing a GT recovery? It's a christmas miracle.
Yeah I've unlocked them and they are showing at xbox.com.

Can a Mod sticky this please. Cheers
Old 11-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #8
OptimusPrime76

KnightFall 539's Gamercard
This is gonna sound like a stupid question but I had to ask. Currently my main character is at level 40. Will XP earned in the DLC count towards my achievement for getting to level 50, i'm sure it most likely will do.

Cheers
OptimusPrime76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
TheToiletBrush

Yep, since you are at 40 you should get a bunch of exp.

LOOKING FOR BOOSTING PARTNERS: Singularity, Wolfenstien, F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, Call of Juarez, Prey, Turning Point, The Darkness
Old 11-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #10
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToiletBrush View Post
The ones listed above include the secret ones.
Thats kl.. Its just I saw another thread with a fair few more on the secret list I think, so was wondering.. but if this is all of them then at least I can keep my game at 100%

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
A very simple guide for a very simple DLC. Honestly, I don't really see the need for a guide except for some notes on the Braaaaaaaaaaaaains achievement, but I'm sure someone out there will have questions and make use of this.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
Sirius

Sirius x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Winner   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
i kinda just want the 1 point achievement to fix my gamerscore :/
Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #13
killerc0P

k1llercop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter X 2007 View Post
A very simple guide for a very simple DLC. Honestly, I don't really see the need for a guide except for some notes on the Braaaaaaaaaaaaains achievement, but I'm sure someone out there will have questions and make use of this.
Thanks for the positive input at least I took the time to put one together.
Are the rest of your 1051 posts this informative.
There are always people that would like a guide, that is why I put one together as nobody else had completed one.

Last edited by killerc0P; 11-24-2009 at 06:33 PM.
killerc0P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #14
Richie Sambuca

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerc0P View Post
There are always people that would like a guide, that is why I put one together as nobody else had completed one.
I think you've got a fine guide here. Besides, it gave me something to read at work while I'm wishing I were home mopping up zombie brains.
Richie Sambuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #15
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerc0P View Post
Thanks for the positive input at least I took the time to put one together.
Are the rest of your 1051 posts this informative.
Um, I was being positive. Just because I didn't jump up and down and praise you doesn't mean I thought it was terrible either. I said I'm sure there will be people with questions who find it useful. If I wanted to be a dick I could have slagged it off and said it was rubbish...But I didn't. I merely gave my opinion and added that someone would find it useful.

Maybe next time actually read a post and try to take something positive away from it instead of dwelling on what might seem to be negative, but was not intended as such.

If you want constructive criticism, given the guide is so short, I'd elaborate on the missions and what's required to complete them so people have an idea before they get into it...Looks better than "Story Related - Cannot be missed."

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests

Last edited by Filter x360a; 11-24-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #16
ExtremeGixxr

ExtremeGixxr's Gamercard
Thank you for the guide,it helps.............now I gatta do 100% again,lol ,least its less time.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #17
GhOsT I RiDeR

GhOsT I RiDeR's Gamercard
Whats the highest levels the zombies get to? cuz im 40 and was hoping to level up a lot not just run through it
GhOsT I RiDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #18
MikehW

Quick Mustard's Gamercard
Ahh Bugger!

Just as I 1k it there are now more to earn! Ahh well, best get installing it!

100%: Tetris Evolution, Tetris Splash, King Kong, Assassin's Creed, Fable II, Terminator Salvation, Dash of Destruction, Borderlands, Assassin's Creed II, Fallout 3 (And DLC)
MikehW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #19
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Love the Pulp Fiction reference. Those are getting more prominent! First Royale with Cheese then Ned's Undead Baby.
The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #20
iFester

iFester's Gamercard
Many thanks for the work put into this. I couldn't figure out why the brains one wasn't showing up in the bounty board. I'll have to look for it now. Got everything else done in about 2 hours.
iFester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #21
MarioToo

MarioToo's Gamercard
i thought this was an excellent guide, and very pleased that it was up so quickly. tyvm, as it was the single reason why i was able to complete this in one day. i couldn't figure out the braaaaains cheevo to save my life. thanks again. 100% again. yay
MarioToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #22
MarioToo

MarioToo's Gamercard
oh, and you might want to edit so it says that the house where you find t.k.'s leg IS the house he is in. I must've looked at every house in the area wandering why i couldn't find it for 15 min before i realized. lol. anyway, great guide.
MarioToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:16 AM   #23
killerc0P

k1llercop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioToo View Post
oh, and you might want to edit so it says that the house where you find t.k.'s leg IS the house he is in. I must've looked at every house in the area wandering why i couldn't find it for 15 min before i realized. lol. anyway, great guide.
Sorry about that I've changed it in the guide now. Cheers
Old 11-25-2009, 03:31 AM   #24
TheToiletBrush

Ned's Undead Baby isn't for the mission: "It's Alive" is it?

Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 AM   #25
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Nice Guide I am about to play the DLC and I can't wait.
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:52 AM   #26
Quick effect

Quick effect's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide its great and awesome Work, Good JOB
Quick effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:13 AM   #27
ssgoku2425

SS4GOKU2425's Gamercard
thanx for the guide man. one question say if i collect some braaaains but do not complete the mission and beat the dlc, will i still be able to continue off from where i left off?
ssgoku2425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #28
Quick effect

Quick effect's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgoku2425 View Post
thanx for the guide man. one question say if i collect some braaaains but do not complete the mission and beat the dlc, will i still be able to continue off from where i left off?
I just finish the DLC, u should have the mission TK after that just collect 10 then 25 then 50 then 100 after u finish this 4 u can collect the 250 with doing the missions i hope thats i answer ur question.
Quick effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:52 AM   #29
ssgoku2425

SS4GOKU2425's Gamercard
most definitley. thank you for your help quick effect.
ssgoku2425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:58 AM   #30
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgoku2425 View Post
I was on the 250 brains mission and finished it after I beat the DLC story. If that's what you're asking.

Kyai is offline   Reply With Quote