PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands > Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #61
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT I RiDeR View Post
Whats the highest levels the zombies get to? cuz im 40 and was hoping to level up a lot not just run through it
I am level 50 and my zombies have been the same
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #62
Mibuwolf57

Wolf Mibu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
I am level 50 and my zombies have been the same
If you've completed the 2nd playthru and are at level 50, you can do the DLC on the first playthru. The zombies will be at level 36 or so.

I had already completed the DLC on my 2nd playthru world with my lvl 50 hunter with my friends; and decided to go at it again, solo, with my lvl 50 Siren on the first playthru. Knocked it out in about 3 hrs.

Either which way, there really isn't anything worthwhile lootwise, even with 4 people at lvl 50 on the 2nd playthru world.

I would just run it through for the story and missions on the 1st playthru world.
Mibuwolf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #63
bigdaddykarz

bigdaddykarz's Gamercard
Thank you for the guide , i just beat the DLC yesterday and now i am going back in today to do the Brains achievement. ( I didn't know about it untill i read your guide so Thanks again.)

Mark
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #64
domn8rdom

Domn8rdom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
nice might have to pick this up...great guide
domn8rdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:57 AM   #65
ScuzzyBunny FTN

KP ScuzzyBunny's Gamercard
You might want to add in your guide that there is at least one claptrap mission, which, depending on how lucky you are, can get you up to 48 inv slots (2nd playthrough gives 1 extra from time to time). The location is right before you travel to "The Mill"...if you are at the entrance (where you push X) and are looking at it, the claptrap is directly to your right, up against the side of the Mill building. The repair kit is on the logs (jump to top, then down other side).
Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #66
Angel Fire 42

Played through by myself the first time, had no problems. Played with a friend later and he had no problems with the chevos. So can't help you guys there
BUT I read no where here about A CLAPTRAP in the saw mill that you save and get more slots for your backpack. Anyone know of this??????????
Angel Fire 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #67
McKaystyles

McKaystyles's Gamercard
can i go from lvl 48 to lvl 50 with this dlc?

McKaystyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #68
killerc0P

k1llercop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKaystyles View Post
can i go from lvl 48 to lvl 50 with this dlc?
Yeah the ranking system is the same. But with the extra missions you get a lot of XP for completing the DLC. Probably very easy to rank from a 48 to a 50.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #69
bigdaddykarz

bigdaddykarz's Gamercard
Ok i finished the Brains achievement and evanthough it is quite tedious it is pretty simple to do.
Just use a high powered shotgun and blast them in the head. There are enough zombies in the Hallows End to get you the 10 , 25 , 50 , 100 but to score 250 brains you will need to leave the Hallows End so i suggest going back to Dead Haven and scoring the 250 brains there. (you will rack up brains here faster than anywhere else.)

For the guy having trouble with the House of the Ned just go to the right hand side of the elevator and use the call box to get Ned to send down the elevator , just be preparred to fight off large waves of zombies untill the elvator comes down and than take the elevator up and go to the right of the house and into the door talk to Ned and the achievement will be unlocked.

I hope that helps you out.

By the way the clap trap is in the saw mill area and finding his repair kit is a little tricky since it is a little hard to get on top of the logs. ( use the slanted log and run and jump on it once on walk slowly up to the top if you go to fast you will fall off and have to start over. Once at the top turn right and jump down to the repair kit.)
After you repair the clap trap he will activate the saw mill and a couple of logs will go in and out from a side window will come a loot box. The guns it contains are so so mine at the time were stronger so i just sold them.

Mark

Last edited by bigdaddykarz; 12-03-2009 at 02:34 AM.
bigdaddykarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #70
Dragon658

Dragon658's Gamercard
Hi All,

I just wanted to say I think you should add if anyone else can confirm that you do not need to be level X to play this DLC I am fairly confident that the Zombies match your level (Playthrough), as I am playing with a level 18 Siren and wanted to see if I could kill these level 30 odd Zombies and net some major exp that everyone was talking about but the Zombies are only level 15 on my game.

Cheers
D
Bioshock (1100/1100)
Call Of Duty: World At War (1500/1500)
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (1000/1000)
Call Of Duty: Black Ops (1200/1300) - Just Call of Dead Remaining
Dante's Inferno (1000/1000)
Mass Effect 2 (1355/1355)
The Saboteur (1000/1000)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (1000/1000)
Dragon658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #71
killerc0P

k1llercop's Gamercard
Guide updated with claptrap location and pictures. Credit to ZYM0T1C who created the guide.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #72
samjustsam

sam just sam's Gamercard
thanx for the guide. now i know where to find the braaaaaains mission so i can get the chievo for it. and thanx for the claptrap rescue info as well!
samjustsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #73
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This guide is great. I just finished the DLC. The Brains, and ClapTrap additions were VERY helpful.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #74
Sha

ShaTeanDar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
There has been growing reports that playing through this with a co-op partner can cause the achievements to not pop correctly. However I went through with a friend and we had no problems. Make sure both of you have downloaded the DLC and start at the same point is all I can suggest.

This happened to us too, the first 2 achievements (House of the Ned and Jakobs Fodder) popped fine for me, but my friend didn't get them, we've been playing together since lvl 1 ...splitscreen on my xbox, so I don't think it has anything to do with making sure you start at the same point or making sure both people have the DLC.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #75
SmoothedCookie

Send a message via MSN to SmoothedCookie

TwistedDemigod's Gamercard
Me and my freind played this DLC on the same console, same as above, we've been playing it since I got the game, on splitscreen, and when we finished it, he got the two acheivements for killing Ned and I didn't, is there anyway to fix this without having to do it again with another character? Because I really don't want to sit and get another character to level 30 to do this again, anyone's help would be greatly appreciated thanks

EDIT:

Nevermind, they just randomly popped

Last edited by SmoothedCookie; 12-10-2009 at 10:25 PM.
SmoothedCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #76
Sha

ShaTeanDar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
They did? Just like that or were you doing anything special? Did you finish any other achievements first?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #77
b2daq

brains

this was the only one that had me puzzled because it wasnt on the bounty board! thanks for the info guys!!!!
b2daq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #78
Evil Blanka

SHINKU HAD0KEN's Gamercard
thanks for the guide ive just 1000g the main game and am getting this v soon
worms, street fighter 2 turbo, dash of destruction, virtual on, gunstar heroes, outrun online, soul calibur, portal still alive, golden axe, battlefield 1943, double dragon, super street fighter 2 turbo hd remix,
Evil Blanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #79
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
Bloody hell! I wish I had looked over this guide first so I wouldn't have picked up all those fine zombie brains. Now I know that I have to hunt out the Braaaaaains mission, thought it'd be a Bounty Mission pop up at some point.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #80
obehave_wan

IndianaPWN5's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerc0P View Post
The DLC does not take very long maybe 2 - 3 hours and I would recommend that you be at least a Level 35 before attempting it. I started this afternoon with a friend we were both a level 50 and pretty much ran through killing the zombies/bosses very easily.
The level of the enemies in the DLC is scaled to how far you have gotten in the storyline of the main game. So for example, if you have just beaten the game on your first playthrough, the enemies in the DLC will be around levels 30-35. If you have beaten the second playthrough, the DLC enemies will be around level 50. They are NOT scaled to the level you are currently at.

Also, it should probably be mentioned that you can't Fast Travel to Jakobs Cove before unlocking the ability to Fast Travel on your first playthough. If you're on your second playthrough, and you haven't played the mission that unlocks Fast Traveling (Powering the Fast Travel Network), you will still be able to Fast Travel to Jakobs Cove.

Yeah, I'm that awesome.
obehave_wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:23 AM   #81
xtye

The Brains part will help a lot. Its the last achievement I need.
Uno
Harm's Way

100% Retail
Fallout 3
Fable II
xtye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:27 AM   #82
emoxic

emoxic's Gamercard
Two of the achievements have been glitchy for me with a friend on co-op split screen. Same situation as SmoothedCookie. I still don't have Jakob's Fodder and Night Of The Living Ned, and my partner didn't get the Ned's Undead. He reloaded the game later (single player), and it popped for him.
edit: they popped when i loaded into jakob's cove. i don't think i had before. try that if its giving you trouble. or fast travel into it.

(thanks on where to pick up the braaaaaaaaains quest, we'd just been picking them up wondering what to do with them. derp!)

Last edited by emoxic; 12-21-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: problem solved.
emoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #83
Ominator1

Ominator1's Gamercard
Has anyone had an issue where you can't open the door in dead haven, the switch does nothing. I also have the quest for the lumber yard but the switch is still red so I can't go through. ugh!

And to add to those, It's Alive shows up twice and "The might be some side effects" doesn't allow me to turn in even though it's complete.

Figured out why the door wasn't ready to open. I tried to do it's alive before getting the "Secrets and Mysteries" quest which allowed me to open the door.

Is this the same issue with why the lumber yard switch is red??

Last edited by Ominator1; 12-26-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: general crazyness!
Ominator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #84
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks for this killer, nice little guide, keep it up, cant wait to play this.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:03 AM   #85
Naroh

Naroh's Gamercard
zombie island co-op achievement glitch solution (possibly)

i just did this dlc with a friend who didnt have the dlc. and the achievements alternated between us i got the first he got the second etc. so we ende up missing each others achievements but then i entered the single player campaign i got the achievements, my friend did the same didnt get but went to splitscreen and obtained it.
Naroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #86
halofan1989

Omega Weapon 7's Gamercard
Thanks for pointing out where the "Brains!" mission starts out.

It was on the one part of the map I had overlooked.

Cheers!!

halofan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #87
Killallnite42

Killallnite42's Gamercard
Me and My GF have been playing since i got the game we are both on the same playthrough when we started ann she got jackobs fodder one nd i dint then i signed in later and it gave it to me. now she got the achievement for killing ned the first time and i got the second one but im going to try and signed in by myself and see if that works i wolud like to get them before i start the new one tonight

Can someone tell me where TK is i must be blind cause i havent seen him at all in this DLC thank you for any help

Last edited by Killallnite42; 12-30-2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: forgot something
Killallnite42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #88
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I can't believe I missed TK Baha.. just found out all those brains i collected were for nothing, it sucks. Nice guide though, helped me find that out.

Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #89
andfan

AKkiLLU's Gamercard
good guide wish i would of looked at the brain one earlyer but a while and u should add the counter goes to 0 every time so u collect 10 then 25 more then 50 etc...
andfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #90
ValkyrieOne15

OriginaIGenesis's Gamercard
If I start the DLC with a friend and collect brains without him but complete the quest with him logged on will he get the achievement too?