PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Pyrochaos

AOS Pyrochaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Friendly Fire? no points for spawn kills?

Anyone know if Friendly fire is on or off?

What killed the 1st one is everyone killing eachother at the beginning of the game to get the chopper. 1943 did not have friendly and it worked well.

Also, 1943 rewarded no points for killing someone who was in their spawn. Anyone know if it's the same in BC2?

Pyrochaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
YouTube Freak
Banned User

x SC Freak x's Gamercard
I don't anything about it but i really hope friendly fire is disabled. It just fucking horrible as hell, if you run towards a chopper to get in but you get shot by your own noobish teammates! But the thing with the "no points for spawnkilling won't work in BF BC2, because in BF1943 you get full points for killing them at captured points. The only points where you just get 5 points (and not zero) are the flattops.
YouTube Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
Cypher_Cobra

Send a message via AIM to Cypher_Cobra

Cypher Cobra's Gamercard
Yeah that was pretty annoying, everyone would just go berserk and kill each other for the helicopter or the arterilly cannon.

But I think friendly fire is a necessary thing, turning it off will allow you to do things like hide inside your own allies artilllery strikes or just fire all over the place without looking when you drive your tank. Just gets whacky and out of hand when you're immune to friendly fire.

There does need to be a way to deal with team killers though. Voting or TKs to auto kick or something.

They need to fix spawn camping, the game should just not spawn you somewhere that you're immediately in danger. Because making people invulnerable when they spawn is annoying, no points is a lot better than invulnerability but still annoying.

Miles Prower is the best, and he doesn't have to take crap from you.
Cypher_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
HeavenSoldier

HeavenSoldier's Gamercard
I personally, don't think they should get rid of the the ability to shoot your own team (and possibly kill them), as this helps to make each person more aware of whats going on as opposed to how 2142 has become recently, what with the constant grenade spam around every f'ing corner. No I don't support killing someone just so you can get what you want, however, to help towards this problem and keep the friendly fire situation, I would prefer a vote-to-kick. That, and couple that with how Halo did team-killing, by giving the person killed the option to boot someone out of the game (provided they've killed teammates 3 or more times etc) Either one sounds good to me.

The spawn killing thing seems about the same across a lot of games beyond just Bad Company...I still get owned 5 times in a row in a matter of seconds from it on CoD6...and I think that the Rainbow Sixes had a good thing going with a spawn shield. About 1~2 seconds should suffice for a game like Bad Co.

HeavenSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
pikeyjustnickit

pikeyjustnickit's Gamercard
cant wait 4 this game n i agree i hate spawn killas u shud b able av pain killer perk like cod6 n i wud prefer it if frendly fire woz off cuz its always little pubeless twats who think its funny 2 kill their own team or vote 2 kick games still gonna b sick
Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
McKaystyles

McKaystyles's Gamercard
halo2 did it right... way to go champ!

McKaystyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
Cypher_Cobra

Cypher Cobra's Gamercard
The best way to handle it would be to have dedicated and player hosted servers and a filtering system so you can check off the rules you want and jump in. Then everyone can have their little niches of gameplay they like.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
Call Of Duty Brandon

That would be awesome!! I hate spawn killers! There just people who cant get kills and have to be an unfair gamer in order to... That would pwn.... Even if it doesnt still getting this game day or release for definite!!!!! Could and probs will be better than cod 6 anyone agree dat cod 6 was a letdown??? Just my thought..
Call Of Duty Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
Call Of Duty Brandon

Well does anyone?? Please reply :d
Old 12-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
Call Of Duty Brandon

Bf bc2 ftw!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #11
Cypher_Cobra

Cypher Cobra's Gamercard
BC2 should be better than COD6. But I'm biased against the MW series cause it's garbage.

Spawn camping, friendly fire, death cams, all of these things for better or for worse won't stop me from buying the game cause the BF gameplay style is fun enough to make up for it.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #12
RagingClue

MaxiSIM0's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Of Duty Brandon View Post
That would be awesome!! I hate spawn killers! There just people who cant get kills and have to be an unfair gamer in order to... That would pwn.... Even if it doesnt still getting this game day or release for definite!!!!! Could and probs will be better than cod 6 anyone agree dat cod 6 was a letdown??? Just my thought..
i really dont even wanna mention cod on the bf forum. it will just turn into a comparison and i think we should leave comparisons to the games section not bf:bc 2 section : /

RagingClue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:25 AM   #13
McApree

Send a message via AIM to McApree

McAspree's Gamercard
I saw a video on youtube where a guy could not kill his teamates, but could damage them. He was just screwing around with them because they were stat padding.

It should be on Follicular's channel

McApree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
BrassBallz
Banned User

Sixgun Samurai's Gamercard
Personally I like MW2's solution to team killing as it kills YOU which is a fantastic deterrent.
BrassBallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #15
TaytaMalikai

Send a message via MSN to TaytaMalikai

Tayta Malikai's Gamercard
In my opinion the ability to friendly-fire is stupid in a game where teamwork is needed to push through the enemies and destroy the crates.
Spawn-killing is a problem though, I ran at the back of the defenders' base as an attacker and racked up a 7-killstreak just killing people when they spawned. Pretty stupid.
TaytaMalikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #16
Runic Aries

Runic Aries's Gamercard
You are still rewarded for killing in the spawn but it does seem alot harder now, it only works at the first base if the teams are greatly uneven and at other bases you will quickly get your brain shot

100% Arcade
● 1 vs. 100 ● Dash of Destruction ● Portal: Still Alive ● UnoVirtual On: OT ●

Help support my sig here
Runic Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #17
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

i got sick of that in the first BC, it wasnt just for the chopper friend, ppl would do it for no reason took away from the gameplay glad that Dice learned lesson lol
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote