PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Planet 51
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
TOBY DA THUG

TOBY 1K NO BE's Gamercard
Thumbs down I would rather stick pins in my eyes...

than play this game ever again (once Ive got my 1000).

I have never felt so strongly about a game that Ive had to write my opinion about it on these forums or any other for that matter but this game just takes the biscuit. Ive played some naff games for 1000 gs (old gamertag) but this one is top of the list.

It frustrates the hell out of me, and I just wanted to warn anyone who thinks they will pick up this game for an easy 1000. Its not that easy (for a family game) and definitly isnt quick.

Luckily Ive rented it from blockbuster otherwise I dont think I would ever get round to being focused to get the 1k from it. Because if I owned it, I could just keep putting it back on my shelf for another day.

If I ever see a pink dog, I will break its neck, I never feel like mowing the lawn again and I sure am glad my car has four wheels.

In all honesty, I would rather play My horse and Me 2 4 times over than ever do this game again.

anyway, rant over, back to doing the same flipping taxi mission another 4 times!

Feel free to ask me any questions about the game =)

P.S the one good thing I will say is that I dont think there is any glitchy achievements otherwise this disk really would end up being snapped, even if it meant I was in debt to blockbusters lol

EDIT: sorry to anyone who actually enjoyed this game, although I find it hard to belive there is someone who enjoyed it. I dont normally moan.

Last edited by TOBY DA THUG; 12-05-2009 at 12:19 AM.
TOBY DA THUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
TGI PassionPiG

Pigimus Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i definatley didnt "enjoy" this game but i dont really understand how you can say it wasnt easy? its one of the more simple family games because as you say everything is so repetitive and i couldnt even notice the difficulty increase to match the level of the task. You are correct that it isn't a quick game and yes its very boring but ive played worse games for points and ive certainly played harder than this for points.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
TOBY DA THUG

TOBY 1K NO BE's Gamercard
well my theory behind saying it wasnt easy is that it certainly takes a long time for the 1k for a family game.

I think there are some challenging missions such as chase the dog, escape to the ship etc. the last couple of races for the desert (levels 9 and 10) dont pop straight away.

and a few of the 5g achievements are hard... at the moment I cannot get the king klong one.

although you are right, it is fairly easy, but compared to the likes of most other family games I wouldnt say its as easy as you expect.

how did you get the 5g skilled driver achievement?

TOBY DA THUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
TGI PassionPiG

Pigimus Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY DA THUG View Post
well my theory behind saying it wasnt easy is that it certainly takes a long time for the 1k for a family game.

I think there are some challenging missions such as chase the dog, escape to the ship etc. the last couple of races for the desert (levels 9 and 10) dont pop straight away.

and a few of the 5g achievements are hard... at the moment I cannot get the king klong one.

although you are right, it is fairly easy, but compared to the likes of most other family games I wouldnt say its as easy as you expect.

how did you get the 5g skilled driver achievement?
This achievement can be a pain but easily doable. First thing to remember here is that the timer is very generous. Theres really no need to treat it like a time trial that will make things harder. The general tip here is to pay attention to the traffic and adjust how u drive to counter this. What i mean by this is if for example theres loads of traffic on both sides of the road and the rage bar is rising then you should slow down to almost a complete halt because rage from klong in traffic would certainly get u damaged. But if say theres very little traffic then keep a high speed and let klong rage because with practice u can easily avoid collisions in low traffic.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:26 AM   #5
Deadshot33

Deadshot33's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Honestly, I find the gameplay for Planet 51 almost nauseating. I'm usually ok with completing games that are considered mediocre and subpar but this game has been a challenge to me because I really don't like to play it. I'm forcing myself through this completion and regret ever starting it. I'll not have this game mark up my Gamertag because of the lack of interest. I look forward to completing it so I may reward myself with a bottle of rum big enough to wash any of these memories away! Cheers!

BTW: The driving achievement I did around the first city Destruction Derby. Just laid on the RT until it clicked over.
Deadshot33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
JB x360a

JB x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I agree with the OP, some of the 5g achievements are quite tough, but what i hated more than anything was the whole lets do the same thing 10 times over and slighty reduce the time. 10 times you have to do the exact same thing talk about not even trying to keep people interested. This is meant to be a kids game, my little boy rented it and was hacked off with it after 1 hour or so, on the plus side it meant i couls hammer through for another 1000g completed game.
JB x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:09 AM   #7
ScottCorno1987

Don Corno's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY DA THUG View Post
than play this game ever again (once Ive got my 1000).

I have never felt so strongly about a game that Ive had to write my opinion about it on these forums or any other for that matter but this game just takes the biscuit. Ive played some naff games for 1000 gs (old gamertag) but this one is top of the list.

It frustrates the hell out of me, and I just wanted to warn anyone who thinks they will pick up this game for an easy 1000. Its not that easy (for a family game) and definitly isnt quick.

Luckily Ive rented it from blockbuster otherwise I dont think I would ever get round to being focused to get the 1k from it. Because if I owned it, I could just keep putting it back on my shelf for another day.

If I ever see a pink dog, I will break its neck, I never feel like mowing the lawn again and I sure am glad my car has four wheels.

In all honesty, I would rather play My horse and Me 2 4 times over than ever do this game again.

anyway, rant over, back to doing the same flipping taxi mission another 4 times!

Feel free to ask me any questions about the game =)

P.S the one good thing I will say is that I dont think there is any glitchy achievements otherwise this disk really would end up being snapped, even if it meant I was in debt to blockbusters lol

EDIT: sorry to anyone who actually enjoyed this game, although I find it hard to belive there is someone who enjoyed it. I dont normally moan.
I feel like posting exactly what you did, even the bit about My Horse and Me is 100% true.

Totally regretting renting this, only 300G so far, and the side quests left are so repetitive and each set of 10 have to be done in one sitting :-(
Old 12-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
toxictaz
Banned User

TOXIC TAZ's Gamercard
dam i dont think i wanna bother with this game now. is it really worse than far cry, leisure suit larry or madagascar 2. i was hoping it would be a quick 1000. guess not
toxictaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
ScottCorno1987

Don Corno's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictaz View Post
dam i dont think i wanna bother with this game now. is it really worse than far cry, leisure suit larry or madagascar 2. i was hoping it would be a quick 1000. guess not
Definitly worse than Leisure Suit Larry, I got 840 on that (missed speed run and shuffleboard achievos) but it wasn't as painfull as Planet 51.

With Planet 51 it's the repetition that infuriating. Theres 3 races series, and you have to do each 10 times, each only being marginarlly different. And the later ones are tricky as you have to drive a perfect race.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:33 AM   #10
WrottenSandwich

WolfVelocity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictaz View Post
I have played all of the above and I am sorry but Planet 51 is much worse than any of the above. I don't think the challenges are that bad however the audio does not match with the characters mouth movements. The game is just not put together very well at all. Come on Sega WTF??

WrottenSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #11
wildlatics09

sF WildY's Gamercard
i went to blockbusters to rent a game, slipped on the ice, came back with this terrible game, and i deeply regret not picking up lego indy 2. for some 5g's they are solid. DO NOT BUY OR RENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

50,000G 14/05/2011 UK
60,000G 14/04/2012 UK
70,000G 12/11/2012 UK

trueachievements
wildlatics09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:54 AM   #12
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I honestly don't find the game that bad. The main gripe I have about the game is the repetition of the activities and that you have to do all 10 levels at once.

Outside of that it's on par with a number of other kid's games that I didn't find unbearable to wit through. As much as I loved the movie Wall-e, I found that game to be worse than this.

gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #13
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

I trust your opinion, this is why i come on to these forums, to find out from gamers about the games we play, after my famous mistake of playing Jumper even tho i did 1000 it, never again, id rather eat sh*t, so from your opinion i wont be bothering with this game.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #14
ReD S1X

ReD S1X's Gamercard
I agree with you on one thing. Mowing is damn boring.

But worst of all would be finishing a task 10 times without stopping and I was particularly hated mowing the same lawn over and over again. YEESH!

Okay it's out of my system. I'll go play My Horse & Me 2 since I'm desperate. :P

Reached to 300,000G @ 16/8/13
Achieved 10,000 achievements @ 28/12/12
ReD S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #15
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
this game is horrible
Old 02-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #16
David x360a

This is David's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks for the heads-up guys, I was wondering about getting this game. Now I know I certainly will not As soon as I read "Madagascar 2" in an above post, I knew for sure. Man, some games should never have been released (or even conceived).

R.I.P. MyGamerCard.net <3

This is David - July 11, 2009 ~¤~ This is Thomas - Apr 21, 2010
David x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #17
wesker

tasosole's Gamercard
omg this game is terible boring i prefer hannah montanah lol
Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #18
phatal1ty

PHATAL1TY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
i'm just about to start this game... i gotta warn you if you don't like this game DO NOT RENT OR BUY "BEE MOVIE"....
phatal1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #19
DaChiefOfOwnage

DaChiefOfOwnage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatal1ty View Post
i'm just about to start this game... i gotta warn you if you don't like this game DO NOT RENT OR BUY "BEE MOVIE"....
Shit I was thinking of renting Bee Movie tomorrow... lucky I saw this. If Bee Movie is as bad as Planet51 then I'll stay as far away as I can.
DaChiefOfOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #20
elzueco

elzueco's Gamercard
Actually Bee Movie aint that bad, i had far worse in the family games genre, Hannah Montana gotta be by far the worse i´ve played. Then again devolpers usually make a piss poor job making these games since they wanna make a quick buck on them so nobody should be surprised... From the top of my head in this genre only Bolt and UP were a positive surprise with an above decent control and camera angles.
elzueco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #21
lynothehammer

lyno2007's Gamercard
I really do with I'd read this thread before wasting £6.99 on this incredible piece of steaming dog pooh... I feel like guaging my eyes out, it's just so dull....
lynothehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #22
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
this game sucks a million times, i failed one race and when i restart i had to complete ALL 10 races again which already took me 1,5 hours or so
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #23
bigrichienice1

bigrichienice1's Gamercard
im expecting this game through the post tomorrow. after reading this thread its gonna go straight back to lovefilm. thanks for the heads up guys!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #24
WH Gercain

Zombified's Gamercard
I unfortunately started it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majinek View Post
For me this game have too many riddiculousness. This game may be great but for me it suck.
WH Gercain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #25
takuto neko

Send a message via AIM to takuto neko

takuto neko's Gamercard
I saw it on sale...I saw the reviews weren't to bad...WTF were they on when they thought this game was okay??

This game is for children? I don't even think they'll enjoy it. I can usually get over the lameness of a game but this game isn't lame it's a big pile of poop!

I've played it for around 3 to 4 hours tonight..Give it a fair chance...Uggh....Tomorrow I'll use it in an exchange for something better!
takuto neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #26
Ned King

Its rubbish but easy

I have to admit I had a good laugh reading some off these posts,ok I agree this game is utter rubbish but most easy 1000 point games are.Thats why they give u 1000 points so easy so people will buy this rubbish or rent like me.
But how anyone can say this game is hard I just cant believe,got the 1000 points in around 15 hours and thats only because u have to do each task 10 times which can get boring.
The only part that was a bit off a pain were the last 2 desert races but after 4 or 5 goes i got them done.So anyone who wants an easy 1000 points then this game will give u them but it is utter rubbish.
Ned King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #27
ADenton109

ADenton109's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
To have to do all the things 10 times over makes this one of them horrible repetitive games!

Worse game ever!

Most Recent: Game of Thrones [1000]
ADenton109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #28
John Matrix

Rotten Ralph's Gamercard
This game really is terrible. It's so, so boring doing the same stuff over and over again. I got it for £4 brand new and I wish I didn't bother.
John Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #29
Sodom Smurf

Sodom smurf's Gamercard
maybe its for children with brain damage
Sodom Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #30
mak3 a mark

Mak3 a mark's Gamercard
its not too bad of a game the repetetiveness does get extremely boring tho !

mak3 a mark is offline   Reply With Quote