PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Texas Hold 'Em
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Blake

DualBlake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Texas Hold 'Em: Achievement Guide

Poker Initiation10 Win 10 hands.In order to receive this achievement, you simply need to win 10 hands in one game. This does not have to be done in a row, there is a separate achievement for that. This is best done in the free play single player mode where the other players are easy. Be smart with your moves and this achievement will be unlocked very soon.

I'm All In!10 Win an 'All In' bet.Like Poker Initiation, this is best done on a free play single player mode. When it is your turn to bet, the 'Y' button allows you to go all in. However, if there is a decent amount of money in the pot, only bet all in when you have a strong hand. You will more than likely scare the CPU players to fold on free play by betting all in.

Lucky Day or Crafty Bluffer?25 Win with a High Card hand of 9 or less.For this, it is better to be a crafty bluffer. Wait until you have a low hand then bet high. If this doesn't scare the CPU players into folding you can always receive a $400 sponsor to keep playing. It can be quite hard to get no pairs or a card under 9 because it's mainly up to luck. Again, best done in a low stakes single player game.

Poker King15 Successfully complete all of the scenarios in Single Player Scenario mode.This can be quite tough. There are some scenarios where the odds are dead against you. You need to play smart and only play where you know you will do ok (e.g. you are given a pair of cards). Scenarios are different from single player, so you will have more money for some of the scenarios. However, don't be stupid with it. Note: You cannot get the Gutsy Move achievement in this game mode.

Tournament Expert15 Finish in 1st Place in all Single Player Tournaments.Not all tournaments are available to you when you first start playing. First, you need to rack up a bit of cash in single player. Once you have run out of money in tournament mode, you're out for good (unlike the free play single mode). So make sure you play with intelligence and don't rush moves. Don't try to speed through the tournaments trying to earn the achievement. This will take time and patience. This shouldn't be too hard as by the time you have enough money for the final tournament, you will be experienced enough to know what hands you should stick with and know how much to bet.

Chunk of Change15 Build one of your bankrolls up to $100,000.Best to receive this achievement on single player. Once you've reached around $1,500 on free play, start playing games at higher stake tables. Remember, blinds and buy ins get higher. Play smart and try to scare the CPU for some good wins. Don't be too disheartened if you lose the majority of your bankroll because the lowest table will always sponsor you to play.

Millionaire Club20 Build one of your bankrolls up to $1,000,000.This can be annoying to achieve if you get unlucky hands because on high stakes tables blinds are relatively high which can bleed your bankroll. Only go all in when you have a strong hand (straight or higher) because chances are the CPU will go all in as well. Make sure to keep playing smart and you'll recieve this achievement. Again, this is best to do on single player.

Winning Streak20 Win 10 hands in a row.This is an easy achievement but could take a few tries. In scenario mode there will be a scenario where you are playing 1 on 1 and are the chip leader. What you must do is fool the other player into thinking you have a very strong hand. This will be easy to do as you have a lot of cash at your disposal. If you fail or the chain is broken, simply retry! Scenarios can be replayed whenever you wish. Note: you must win the pot 10 times in a row. No folding or losing allowed.

Tournament Pro20 Enter and win a Competitive Tournament comprised of 8 players.For this you will be playing human players. If you aren't a strong poker player then get some mates to help you out. All you need to do is beat seven online human players. Play whichever way you feel most comfortable. Note: This is not awarded for beating 7 CPU players in single player mode.

Luck of the Draw10 Get one of every type of hand from High Card to Royal Flush.This achievement is currently glitched.

Gutsy Move15 Place a bet of $50,000 or more.You will need to have a minimum $50,000 in your own bankroll for this achievement. This can be achieved by tournaments or single play. You cannot earn this achievement in scenario mode. Betting $50,000 is half the battle. You need to win the hand in order to gain the achievement so make sure you have a strong hand.

Card Shark25 Play 1,000 hands.This can be awarded two ways:
1) You play alot of single play hands. 1,000 hands is alot of work and can be quite boring if you want the achievements quickly.
OR
2) Get an elastic band or something heavy. Enter the free play singe game. Strap down the A button and leave the 360 on all night. If you feel this is too much of a cheat I wouldn't advise it but it's an easy 25G for going to sleep.

(Guide not made by me. The credit should go to the guide team and i think they were unable to put this up here.)
Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
x dArK cHrIs x

x dArK cHrIs x's Gamercard
hey nive guide,

for the lucky draw acheivement these are examples of what is needed.

this is really for new people to poker and texas hold em =]

Royal Flush
This is the best possible hand in standard five-card Poker. Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10, all of the same suit.
Straight Flush
Any five-card sequence in the same suit (e.g.: 8, 9, 10, Jack and Queen of clubs; or 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of diamonds).
Four of a Kind
All four cards of the same value (e.g.: 8, 8, 8, 8; or Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen).
Full House
Three of a kind combined with a pair (e.g.: 10, 10, 10 with 6, 6; or King, King, King with 5, 5).
Flush
Any five cards of the same suit, but not in sequence (e.g.: 4, 5, 7, 10 and King of spades).
Straight
Five cards in sequence, but not in the same suit (e.g.: 7 of clubs, 8 of clubs, 9 of diamonds, 10 of spades and Jack of diamonds).
Three of a Kind
Three cards of the same value (e.g.: 3, 3, 3; or Jack, Jack, Jack).
Two Pair
Two separate pairs (e.g.: 2, 2, Queen, Queen).
Pair
Two cards of the same value (e.g.: 7, 7).
High Card
If a Poker hand contains none of the above combinations, it's valued by the highest card in it.

Retail 100%: Oblivion - King Kong - Fight Night: Round 3 - NBA 2K6 - Crackdown - Harry Potter OOTP - Viva Pinata - Just Cause

Arcade 100%: Uno

Working On: Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Fallout 3 - Assassins Cree 2 - CoD MW2 - Halo ODST
x dArK cHrIs x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
Peaceable Frood

Peaceable Frood's Gamercard
You don't need to win the hand for gutsy move, I bet $50,000 and lost and still got the achievement.
Peaceable Frood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:50 AM   #4
BooseyGirl
Banned User

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just a question, but is the Luck of the Draw achievement still glitched? I was also wondering if you can unlock this in scenario mode or does it need to be done online or in single play or between both?
BooseyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
towelie07

TOWELIE07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Not sure, but Poker King glitched on me today. I finished my final scenario, and it did not unlock. I checked the scenario page afterwards, and all scenarios had a checkmark beside them.

Any ideas?

All Achievements Arcade - 68
towelie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:53 AM   #6
TrembL

TrembL's Gamercard
Luck of the Draw is no longer glitched and can be unlocked. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with your game towelie07. But for some reasons these things happen and usually playing again and winning will fix it. I would suggest playing head-ups random and keep restarting until they give you a large random lead. This could also be the problem if you didn't press down on the d-pad to realize there are 7 scenarios and not just the 4 that appear on the screen at one time.
TrembL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
towelie07

TOWELIE07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrembL View Post
Luck of the Draw is no longer glitched and can be unlocked. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with your game towelie07. But for some reasons these things happen and usually playing again and winning will fix it. I would suggest playing head-ups random and keep restarting until they give you a large random lead. This could also be the problem if you didn't press down on the d-pad to realize there are 7 scenarios and not just the 4 that appear on the screen at one time.
I'm now officially an idiot! There are indeed 7 scenarios, and not 4. Good looking out, TrembL!

All Achievements Arcade - 68
towelie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
HughJazz

PhillipWendell's Gamercard
The Winning Streak achievement is easiest on the scenario game where you play against all conservative players. Always go All In at the start of every hand and they pretty much always fold.
HughJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #9
Chud 360

Chud 360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJazz View Post
The Winning Streak achievement is easiest on the scenario game where you play against all conservative players. Always go All In at the start of every hand and they pretty much always fold.
It's easiest in the heads-up scenarios. And "Luck of the Draw" is no longer glitched.

P.S. im still the only member in the maximum club for this game 200/200. Hurry up peeps, im lonely in here
Old 05-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #10
HxS F4T4L1TY

Send a message via AIM to HxS F4T4L1TY

HxS F4T4L1TY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud 360 View Post
P.S. im still the only member in the maximum club for this game 200/200. Hurry up peeps, im lonely in here
You ask the impossible! (lol, Star Wars reference) I'm trying, dude, I really am. But poker is so boring! AAAAUUUGH! I've got a couple scenarios done, and I'm getting some decent experience I guess, but I can't stand this junk. If I get over 100 pts in this, I'll be amazed.

Last edited by HxS F4T4L1TY; 05-30-2008 at 08:20 PM.
HxS F4T4L1TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:56 AM   #11
XLO
Banned User

XLO's Gamercard
I can't seem to get the Single Player Tournament Expert. :/
XLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:03 AM   #12
CORPSE CRISIS

Location: Calgary,Alberta in the free country CANADA were else??
Send a message via MSN to CORPSE CRISIS

Red Leaf Beast's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
iv seen alot of people with the lick of the draw achieveemnt..i think they fixed the glitched achievement..
Old 08-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
y2j420

Sakamano 3000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud 360 View Post
It's easiest in the heads-up scenarios.
No, Hugh is right...the Conservative scenario is a much better route...

y2j420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #14
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
ive gone all in on every hand in the conservative mode for over 2 hours as im try to get the wining streak achievement. but every 2-3 hands im called and i loose. what the hell to i do! if i get a crappy hand like 2, 4 how am i supposed to win that round
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
Gottle

Gottle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, i'll try the conservative tournament. It's free, after all
Thanx for the hint

Last edited by Gottle; 12-28-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Gottle is offline   Reply With Quote