PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Texas Hold 'Em
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
Meestermole

Meestermole's Gamercard
AI Difficulty is ridiculous!

Man, no matter WHAT I have, the AI always seems to have something better. It's irritating. If I have a Ace-Queen, I can bet that someone has the Ace-King, or two Aces. If it comes down to the flop, they pull it out of thier ass on the river. It's VERY annoying, i'm thinking the single player tourneys will be impossible....

LIVE ARCADE 200/200
3D Ultra Minigolf - Aegis Wing - Big Bumpin' - Bomberman Live - Carcassonne - Cloning Clyde - Dash Of Destruction - Dig Dug - Frogger - Galaga - Hardwood Backgammon - Ms. Pacman - Pocketbike Racer - Spyglass Board Games - Uno - Worms
Meestermole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
Peaceable Frood

Peaceable Frood's Gamercard
It's not that hard, you can easily figure out if they have something. If they keep calling whenever you raise, it's likely they have something so fold unless you know it's pretty much impossible for you to lose, they'll sometimes go all in on a pair. you have to judge the likelihood of them having something better than what you have, if you see that they can get a flush or a straight and you don't have something better, it's best to fold.

Last edited by Peaceable Frood; 03-24-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Peaceable Frood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Against the computers in single player, just raise them once by the minimum, doubling your buy in. If they have anything they will call it. More than likely, they don't want to call before they see the first three cards. This way, you can keep taking the blinds and win the tournaments. I still have to do the very last tournament, but that strategy has worked for me so far. My problem is when I have something and the comp wants to play. Most times I can beat them or bluff them but I just get unlucky or trapped into calling because I have so much in the pot already.
Shinobi273 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:05 AM   #4
Meestermole

Meestermole's Gamercard
cool, thanks for the tips, guys - i was getting pretty frustrated - i'll give this a go and let you know how it works out.

LIVE ARCADE 200/200
3D Ultra Minigolf - Aegis Wing - Big Bumpin' - Bomberman Live - Carcassonne - Cloning Clyde - Dash Of Destruction - Dig Dug - Frogger - Galaga - Hardwood Backgammon - Ms. Pacman - Pocketbike Racer - Spyglass Board Games - Uno - Worms
Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Meestermole

Meestermole's Gamercard
Cool, i spent some time last night in a single player standard game to build up a bankroll, and these tips helped a lot - though i have to say, it REALLY detracts from playing the hand - you either outraise everyone before the flop, or fold - kind of lame, but hey, ive done lamer things for acheivements!!

Thanks for the tips guys!

LIVE ARCADE 200/200
Old 04-03-2008, 03:29 AM   #6
Meestermole

Meestermole's Gamercard
F**K this acheivement!

So, i got to the 3rd out of 4 tourneys, and that logic seemed to go out the window, and I lost quickly, and had no bankroll left. So i entered the free sponsored play where you get a free $400, and kept going ALL IN, then leaving the table to keep the earnings (-the $400) I did this for a few nights of play (maybe 3 or 4) and built the bankroll up to about $11500. I decided that i would use that theory again, but instead of stealing $2 blinds, i might make out with 50/100s...
Well, SCREW THIS GAME - SERIOUSLY. I lost my entire bankroll in about 10 minutes. The AI gets the most ridiculously good pocket cards almost all the time.
Problem with higher stakes is that if they call and you fold after a raise, you just dropped a huge chunk.

I play Texas Hold 'Em at a buddies house every other week or so - there's just 4 of us, and the odds of pocket ACES, or pairs of any face card coming up are WAY slimmer than the freekin' AI gets... if you DO decide to stay in with a King/Jack - just FORGET IT, one of the AI is going to have an ACE/QUEEN - if they don't have that, they'll pick it up on the flop almost every time, and if not most certainly on the river.
I may not be the best at this game, but I REALLY smell something fishy with the AI here. There's something really unfair and even more unfun about the AI. It's beyond ridiculous, and now I'm just all pissed off about it.
What a waste of time...

LIVE ARCADE 200/200
Old 04-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Sorry you couldn't get it. Maybe later?
Shinobi273 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 AM   #8
BooseyGirl
Banned User

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I pretty much bet high when I've got something good to scare the CPU into folding, and it works often enough, or I just beat them and take the pot. You have to play smart though and know to fold when you've got Jack otherwise your going to lose each time unless your dealt a great hand and you have no clue *lol*
BooseyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #9
Stridstiss

Stridstiss's Gamercard
Free and 4k buy in tournaments are hard as hell but the 16k and 125k ones are easy and funny to play as hell. You are almost sure to end up in the last 3 if you are a decent player so you can afford more tries. They go all in with ace high. I just played the 125 one and when we where just 2 left I had 20k, he 360k or something. I won (4-20k blinds so it went fast)

The scenarios are also fairly easy, you can always try again anyway. I would not recommend playing standard game though. I only played 400$ no limit, going all inn and then leave with my 400$ doubled and repeat until I could afford the 4k buy in again.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
Meestermole

Meestermole's Gamercard
sorry to revive my old thread, but i'm thinking of giving this a go again. Wish me luck.

LIVE ARCADE 200/200
Old 10-13-2008, 06:56 AM   #11
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i've actually played harder poker games. this one, it's way to easy to bluff the ai out of its probably decent hands.

but i am starting to suspect that it cheats. i've seen too many of my hands lose on like a 5% chance draw on the final card.
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #12
thebum182

re

i find the AI amazingly easy to beat. It's pretty simple...just raise on every single hand. About 90% of the time, everyone will fold, even if you only raise a tiny bit. If one of the computer players calls, just raise even more and he will bet; same for if they check. If the AI raises, just raise higher and you will get him to fold by the river about 80% of the time. The only thing I recommend staying away from is playing when one of the AI players goes all in...in this case, you cannot bluff him into folding, and probably 70 percent of the time he will have a better hand than you.

It's so easy I think it must be a glitch...the AI players are very risk-averse/they play a very tight game. Just raise every hand and you will win 90% of the time...it feels like cheating but it's not cause the AI SUCKS.
thebum182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:46 AM   #13
Liquid ID

Liquid ID's Gamercard
The AI is decent. It will call your bluffs, and can be bluffed. It will try to buy it's way out of bad situations from time to time, so it can be somewhat unpredictable. Raising to steal blinds before the flop is common. As far as strategy goes, I find it engaging.

The problem is that the game does indeed cheat. The deal the AI gets are far too good far too often. When I go to the river and see their hands, I am up against K/A K/K A/A and other high face pairs waaay too often. IN scenario mode, I'd go to the river solely to see what they have all the time, and it is always a fantastic deal.
This means that at a table of 8, with face cards being allotted for AI, you are left with the throw-aways. Low cards, low pairs, or face and low. How often have you been stuck with J3? 44? Q2? I bet a lot, like everyone else. It's an uphill battle, which means you have to play conservatively, fold more often and watch while the AI battles it out. That's not much fun.

They also seem to pull a lot of bullshit out of their asses on the river. I am at about 33% win on the river, and I don't go there unless I have a solid hand. The AI will win low percentage rivers more often than fair statistics would allow. Not only that, but they will go to the river on a WORSE hand, but pull out a better hand than you with extremely low chances.

I suppose the developers added the cheating to make up for the fact that you are playing against AI. But the AI isn't all that bad, and is still exploitable. So instead we are left with a frustrating game.

No wonder this game went dead. No wonder it's on Live marketplace death row.
Liquid ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #14
Mr Ern

Agreed. This is just rediculous. I spent over an hour on Loose Sit and Go only for the AI to pull all kinds of crap from its ass. I was up to 7k and was easily going to destroy the other 2 that were left only to get my ass handed to me with some crap cards it was dealt. There has to be a better way or faster way to move this along. Sitting there that long to loose is not worth it.
Mr Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:39 AM   #15
Canary Wundaboy
Banned User

Jedi Wundaboy's Gamercard
Normal day on this game for me to get dealt KK and the AI to magically appear with trip 8's. Fuckers.
Canary Wundaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:07 AM   #16
mig0

MIG0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebum182 View Post
i find the AI amazingly easy to beat. It's pretty simple...just raise on every single hand. About 90% of the time, everyone will fold, even if you only raise a tiny bit. If one of the computer players calls, just raise even more and he will bet; same for if they check. If the AI raises, just raise higher and you will get him to fold by the river about 80% of the time. The only thing I recommend staying away from is playing when one of the AI players goes all in...in this case, you cannot bluff him into folding, and probably 70 percent of the time he will have a better hand than you.
Just now I won 9 hands in a row following this because every hand I opened with or raised, the cpu folded. But trying to get hand #10, the AI beat me. I have no clue how to get the 10 in a row achievement.
mig0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #17
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
In a 4handed game against the CPU the AI had pocket queens pocket kings and Ace Jack
Old 10-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #18
cmdrmarkus74

cmdrmarkus74's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig0 View Post
Just now I won 9 hands in a row following this because every hand I opened with or raised, the cpu folded. But trying to get hand #10, the AI beat me. I have no clue how to get the 10 in a row achievement.
It's not as bad as you think. Do the scenario with all conservative players. When it gets down to you and 1 other ai, just bully them. Blind raise every hand. If they call, you fold. They'll fold every time unless they have hot sh*t in their hands (AA, KK, QQ, AK, etc).
cmdrmarkus74 is offline   Reply With Quote