PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > A Kingdom for Keflings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Gen Ed E Lee

Gen Ed E Lee's Gamercard
Resource Gathering

So does anyone have any thoughts on if it's more efficient to have each kefling carry their own resources to your buildings or have dedicated harvesters/carriers?

In clearing your kingdom of expendable resources it goes quicker on the dedicated harvesters because by the time they clear all the resources you can have them help carry the huge pile that has probably accumulated. But when trying to upgrade your town or when just sprucing it up at the end of your blueprints is it quicker to have everyone do everything themselves or to have dedicated?
Gen Ed E Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I personally always had designated harvesters and then designated transporters. It seemed like it made it more efficient.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Gen Ed E Lee

Gen Ed E Lee's Gamercard
So then what would be your ratio of harvesters to carriers? How far out would your harvesters go or would they drop where they stood and just have the carriers walk a little further?

Also a further thought... When moving your main construction buildings how do you transfer the thousands of resources?

Last edited by Gen Ed E Lee; 07-24-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Ed E Lee View Post
So then what would be your ratio of harvesters to carriers? How far out would your harvesters go or would they drop where they stood and just have the carriers walk a little further?

Also a further thought... When moving your main construction buildings how do you transfer the thousands of resources?
Depending on how far the transporters are going is usually how I determine the ratio. Or I determine it by my demand for the resource. If they don't have to carry the resource very far then I will usually have less transporters than harvesters. If it is a far distance then I will have the same amount of transporters and harvesters.

I just have my harvesters drop the resource where they are standing, that way they can harvest more quickly.

I usually don't move the resources out of the construction buildings unless I really really need something. If I do I usually will just move them myself, granted you have the amount you can carry maxed out.

Let me just say that this is what I have always done, I have no idea if it is the most efficient, but it worked for me.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Gen Ed E Lee

Gen Ed E Lee's Gamercard
Yeah I was just wondering for when I play it just to build a kingdom in the different areas or for designing/whatnot. I will usually move my construction buildings so they're closer to the resources near the end of the game. Also if I need the resources for parts I'll usually just carry my extras from one of my buildings because I get impatient waiting for the keflings to make that amount on their own. If I could just leave the xbox on and do something else I would but the keflings stop moving and working without out you "active" and watching them. If nothing else I guess I could always just rubberband the controller.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
xgamehero

xgamehero's Gamercard
Note: Rubberbanding your controller doesn't work.

I tried this a moment ago; because the game does not allow you to view in any direction, your right stick will only view slightly to the left/right, and will not make you walk in circles like virtually every other game.

The result is you will continue walking south (or north, or east, etc) and once you hit an object (building or end of the map) you will continue to walk, but the Keflings will stop working if you aren't actually moving spaces.

I have not tried every trick in the book, but as far as I can tell, without a turbo controller or auto controller , there is no way to AFK for long periods of time while keeping the Keflings working.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also Note: The only things that fix sleepy Keflings are actually moving to a different space, or picking up an object/setting down an object. Nothing else has woken them up!
xgamehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
Deadly Noob92

Deadly Noob92's Gamercard
quickest way ive found is put all resource buildings to west side of map, where there is a cluster of unlimited resource sites. have a couple of keflings per resource and youll have a steady flow. thats what's worked the fastet for me.

need a boosting partner for:
Deadly Noob92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #8
Odessa

xXOdessaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
In the beginning I worked on using all Keflings to harvest. I had them all put the specific resources into the same pile and continued on while finding upgrades/hearts. I took on the task of transporting the items. As the land was cleared and the Keflings resorted to the infinite resources I switched them to the side closest to where I build all my workshops and specialty shops that needed resources. I found it a lot easier to take my time and gather resources first than to continue building and use up keflings while the land still needed clearing.

Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote