PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
Kaldo

Kaldo's Gamercard
Exclamation Wade's Emporium (Don't make scale armour straight away!!!)

Ok guys, just giving you the heads up I wish I'd received myself.

If you don't make two sets of armour at Wade's, and wait until you've completed a few more main quests/raised your level, you get to buy 2 of the best armors in the game from him. They are:

Name: Felon's Coat
Type: Light Armour
Value 88g 95s 25c
Material: Drakeskin
Requires: 20 Strength
Defense: +9
Armor: 9.00
Fatigue: 2.30%
Effects: +6 Dexterity, +4 Armor, +1 Stamina Regen in Combat, +15 Physical Resistance

Name: Evon the Great's Mail
Type: Heavy Armor
Value: 107g 64s
Material: Dragonbone
Requires: 38 Strength
Armor: 15.63
Fatigue: 18.20
Effects: +2 Health Regen in Combat, +6 Armor, +10% Chance to Dodge Attacks, +2 Stamina Regen in Combat, Chance to Avoid Missile Attacks

So, if you're like me and have already commissioned at least a second set of drakescales to be made, unfortunately you've screwed up this play-through (Thanks Bioware), but if you're anyone else, rejoice! And start saving those pennies.
Kaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #2
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
thanks for the heads up but those armors are not nearly the best in the game. ive seen many that are quite a bit better. TBH, they seem like a bit off a rip; but if i had a bunch of extra cash i would def consider picking it up. Besides, the dragon blood armor is just as good as those and it comes with the game.

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
111 completed games 82 Retail - 29 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
Kaldo

Kaldo's Gamercard
Depending on your build, it's arguably one of if not the best rogue armour in the game... Not sure about the warrior though, but that's because I've only played a rogue so far :P

Last edited by Kaldo; 12-14-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Kaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Unfortunately, the devs disagree with you. BioWare themselves say the Dragon Scale Armor is best for Rogue, and in the LE bonus videos advise you to go ahead and get it made.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 12-14-2009 at 02:46 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Draco719

Draco719's Gamercard
Niether of those are the best. The drakescale is better for a rogue, and ive come across many heavy armor that was way better.
Draco719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
McKaystyles

McKaystyles's Gamercard
there are much muc better armors, right now my plate is 25, and everything gloves are 4, feat are 6 and helm is 4 all with amazing bonuses. even draon armor whoops the armor your showing

McKaystyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #7
Magicman10893

Magicman10893's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASS DOMINATION View Post
thanks for the heads up but those armors are not nearly the best in the game. ive seen many that are quite a bit better. TBH, they seem like a bit off a rip; but if i had a bunch of extra cash i would def consider picking it up. Besides, the dragon blood armor is just as good as those and it comes with the game.
The Felon's Coat is AMAZING for rogues. And to the person that said the Drakescale armor is better, that is only because the Drakescale armor is better is because you have a full set of it for a cheaper price. The Felon's Coat has no matching gloves or boots so it doesn't give an item set bonus, but as far as bonuses for the armor itself, you can't beat it.

The Other armor the OP mentions is great as well because of it's bonuses, not its actual stats. But other plate armor, (Effort, Juggernaut, Wade's Superior Dragonbone Plate) beats it simply because they are full sets. That armor is kind of a rip off, but the Felon's Coat is the best Rogue armor.
Magicman10893 is offline   Reply With Quote