Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #511
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Send a message via MSN to The Pants Party

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I really enjoyed the ending as well. The season overall I think was bad, maybe slightly better than 3, close to 5. But toward the bottom. But there were a few great moments.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
The real question is: where was your penis?
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #512
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I really enjoyed the ending as well. The season overall I think was bad, maybe slightly better than 3, close to 5. But toward the bottom. But there were a few great moments.
There were some bright spots to the season. I really enjoyed Isaak Sirko and was sad to see him die. It would of been nice for the show to develop his relationship with dexter some more.

There have been better seasons....good by Luguerta and I miss Dokes.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #513
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
It was an overall good end to the season. I won't miss Laguerta that is for sure.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #514
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
get ready for an early season. the 8th season starts on june 30th

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #515
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
get ready for an early season. the 8th season starts on june 30th
And thank fuck for that. I just finished marathoning Season 7. (Over the course of a few days). Hated the week by week wait when I watched Season 6. Backlog/Uni ect caught up to me, kinda lost track of time, and I just started it recently as opposed to right after it finished.

Anyways not the best season, but I definitely enjoyed it a lot. And boy was I glad to have the next episode at the ready every time the credits rolled. (Except for after the last ep of course >_>).
Old 05-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #516
Carinaisabelle

Carina Isabelle's Gamercard
The last season is starting soon! So exited
Carinaisabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #517
Whiskey Minor
Banned User

Just picked up season 7. Finally!!
Whiskey Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #518
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Honestly... I'm in a love/hate with laguerta.

I hate her because she's such a hypocrite. She's quick to drop cases she doesn't care about with proof, but pursues ones that have little to none.
She did "deserve" to die....but Deb didn't deserve to have to kill her.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #519
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Just a reminder.. the insanity returns tomorrow night (Sunday).
Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #520
keymanu1

keymanu1's Gamercard
Dexter's looking overwhelmed already, I reckon he'll kill in front of Harrison soon. All in all, good first episode!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #521
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymanu1 View Post
Dexter's looking overwhelmed already, I reckon he'll kill in front of Harrison soon. All in all, good first episode!
Starting to seem like a possibility. Would be interesting to see that carry into a new series at some point, Dexter's influence on his son.

I think Dexter has finally met his match with this new lady.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:45 AM   #522
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I think Dexter has finally met his match with this new lady.
I think she's going to be Dexter's ally. I'm betting she helped Harry write the "code" when Dexter was young.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #523
keymanu1

keymanu1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I think she's going to be Dexter's ally. I'm betting she helped Harry write the "code" when Dexter was young.
Damn... you're good!

Deb is really going off the rails, I can't wait to see what happens when/if Hannah returns.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #524
ZombieFan

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Are you from the future?

Quote:
Damn... you're good!

Deb is really going off the rails, I can't wait to see what happens when/if Hannah returns.
She really is, I'm no fortune teller like Walter but I reckon he may have to kill her!

Full credit goes to Gackt!
ZombieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #525
keymanu1

keymanu1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieFan View Post
She really is, I'm no fortune teller like Walter but I reckon he may have to kill her!
Knowing that it's the last season means that anything could happen, I'm loving it already. I really hope that something purposeful happens with Quinn this season though, too many times he's had pointless stories that have just showed that he's dirty, then... nothing.

Next episode I predict that Dexter's gonna get some donuts.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #526
ZombieFan

Quote:
Knowing that it's the last season means that anything could happen, I'm loving it already. I really hope that something purposeful happens with Quinn this season though, too many times he's had pointless stories that have just showed that he's dirty, then... nothing.

Next episode I predict that Dexter's gonna get some donuts.
Yeah Quinn has potential but all they seem to do is put him into relationship drama.

My memory doesn't do me any justice but there must have been an episode when he didn't get the doughnuts

Full credit goes to Gackt!
ZombieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #527
keymanu1

keymanu1's Gamercard
Dexter's face when he saw the finger stew, was hilarious.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #528
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Dexter's face when he saw the finger stew, was hilarious.
Yea I thought it was kind of weird that he was disgusted to see that finger given who he is and what he does, but I think it was more that he was disgusted that he was a cannibal rather than him being a serial killer.

Being a fan of Dexter since the beginning, it'll be weird to know that there won't be anymore episodes of Dexter after this season, but I think it's for the best. The show went a bit downhill after season 5, and it only started getting better last season. I'm curious to see how this series ends, but it'll be a bittersweet feeling for sure.

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm, and Achieve On!
MAL
Rapture639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #529
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I am enjoying this season so far. I'm sad this will be the last. Not sure what I think of Dexter being a mentor....so much going on right now, it feels like a total meltdown is on the way.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #530
redraiders95

Malboro Man74's Gamercard
Dexter Season Finale

Yes this is the last season for dexter.Let me no whats going to happen in the last episode on here.I say Dexter going to die and his son lives with his sister and he learns the code and starts killing.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #531
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraiders95 View Post
Yes this is the last season for dexter.Let me no whats going to happen in the last episode on here.I say Dexter going to die and his son lives with his sister and he learns the code and starts killing.
You think the toddler is going to start killing?

Well, that's one interesting theory.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #532
keymanu1

keymanu1's Gamercard
I'm kind of glad that this is the final season, the quality has dropped a lot since the days of seasons 1-4. I'm really not enjoying the whole Jamie/Quinn/Angel story but I suppose I am interested in the multiple serial killers potentially killing each other.

Although I may just be feeling this way because I watched last week's Breaking Bad just before Dexter.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #533
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
I think it's going to turn out that Dr. Vogel is the brain surgeon killer and she's going to kill Dexter and Hannah.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #534
TVthePunisher
I'm hungry...FOR DAT ASS!

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
I think it's going to turn out that Dr. Vogel is the brain surgeon killer and she's going to kill Dexter and Hannah.
Well...

spoilers for the last episode if you haven't seen it.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #535
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
I'm really liking Saxon, probably my favorite antagonist Biney and Isaak a close second. All the rest are fantastic too...this series really does have a great lot of antagonists but Saxon man...even Dexter himself admits that he's not the "perfect psychopath" he used to be. We could go and blame it on Hannah but it's been this way for a long time now...and honestly, I think Saxon's better than Dexter at his best.

Unfortunately, the season's been trying to focus more on this Hannah bullshit. Anyways...2 more episodes left. Hoping things end well...I'd honestly like for Saxon to get away I mean does Dexter ALWAYS have to get the bad guy? Trinity should have gotten away in Season 4...and Brian in Season 1.

(compiled from tonight's promo for the last two episodes).

I've just got to say Darri is a fantastic actor who can really use his facial muscles to express the necessary emotions. A lot of actors look kind of dull in serious situations but he's constantly looking different. You can say what you want about this season but if there's just one good thing to come from it, it's gotta be Saxon (for me at least). Also lololol to Harrison's idjit activities tonight.

Last edited by TVthePunisher; 09-09-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #536
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Why the hell did Dexter not arrive at Dr Vogel's with caution like from the back, freaking Hannah has made him weak. I look forward to the final two episodes though.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #537
keymanu1

keymanu1's Gamercard
I have a strong feeling that Quinn might actually kill Saxon, simply because the show has been way too focused on him this season. Only 2 episodes to go, something must happen!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #538
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
I've just got to say Darri is a fantastic actor who can really use his facial muscles to express the necessary emotions. A lot of actors look kind of dull in serious situations but he's constantly looking different. You can say what you want about this season but if there's just one good thing to come from it, it's gotta be Saxon (for me at least). Also lololol to Harrison's idjit activities tonight.
Yeah that scene with Harrison's son was really dumb. I feel like scenes like that (where he gets injured forcing Hannah to put herself out in public) and the one where the deputy Marshall just conveniently walks into Batista's room right when he's talking about Dexter's departure show that the writers have gotten lazy in coming up with ways to build up the tension.

There are alot of things in this season that simply feel rushed, and that's probably due to the fact that this is the final season of the series. That being said, it's weird that they waited so long to introduce Daniel as the main antagonist when they know they only have a few episodes left to introduce him and build his character up. It's especially disappointing since I think the actor does a great job with his facial expressions and emotions as a serial killer.

Along with that, they keep doing the same thing they've done with all these other characters we don't really care about (which was especially true the last couple of seasons); they keep putting them in these storylines that are just there simply to fill up time. Is it really that important to have Quinn become sergeant? Does it really matter that Masuka has a daughter who may or may not be trying to reconnect with him for his money? Why is there this awkward relationship between Deb and Elway? And what was the point of developing Zach as a potential student of Dexter for several episodes when

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

With this being the final season, they could have placed these supporting characters in much better storylines involving their relationship with Dexter. Rather than doing that though, they're placed in situations that don't appear to have any effect on Dexter and the series as a whole, which is pretty disappointing.

Overall I have mixed feelings about this season (so far). We'll have to see how the last 2 episodes pan out but I'm hoping it wont be a disappointment. I think they made a huge mistake in putting it in the same time as the series finale of Breaking Bad, because BB stole alot of thunder from Dexters finale.

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm, and Achieve On!
MAL

Last edited by Rapture639; 09-13-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Rapture639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #539
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It's truly a shame what's become of this show. At this point the bad outweighs the good of this body of work by about seventy percent. About halfway through tonight's episode I got up and went over to my Blu-Ray collection and took all of the seasons off the shelf so I can sell them tomorrow. There are so many problems and plot holes now that it's not even funny. The show is positively irredeemable now and it's gotten so bad that I won't even be able to enjoy the early seasons again in the future without remembering how terrible it gets later. The writing and the production values are in the toilet, this show would be right at home on the CW network. It's really a bummer, I used to love this show and now I just want to forget that I ever watched it at all. I'm not sure it could have been done any worse than it has been. One episode left, it's like watching a dying animal writhing in pain.

Edit: I'm probably begging for an argument since all I did in this post was rant, and that's totally fair. But with a ten thousand character limit and double posting being frowned upon I accept all of the criticisms that come my way because I wouldn't even know where to start.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-16-2013 at 03:57 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:48 AM   #540
TVthePunisher

Quote:
It's truly a shame what's become of this show. At this point the bad outweighs the good of this body of work by about seventy percent. About halfway through tonight's episode I got up and went over to my Blu-Ray collection and took all of the seasons off the shelf so I can sell them tomorrow. There are so many problems and plot holes now that it's not even funny. The show is positively irredeemable now and it's gotten so bad that I won't even be able to enjoy the early seasons again in the future without remembering how terrible it gets later. The writing and the production values are in the toilet, this show would be right at home on the CW network. It's really a bummer, I used to love this show and now I just want to forget that I ever watched it at all. I'm not sure it could have been done any worse than it has been. One episode left, it's like watching a dying animal writhing in pain.

Edit: I'm probably begging for an argument since all I did in this post was rant, and that's totally fair. But with a ten thousand character limit and double posting being frowned upon I accept all of the criticisms that come my way because I wouldn't even know where to start.
It's justifiable. I'm a great fan of the show but the writers, since Season 4, have been all over the place. Great characters are introduced with unsatisfying conclusions...all with more potential or some that just were ruined in some other way. I really like Saxon, but I have a feeling the ending will probably screw this up.

Here's a spoiler thread, now read at your own risk..I CAN'T CONFIRM THESE ARE TRUE but if anyone wants to bother, here it is: http://www.reddit.com/r/Dexter/comme...on_8/?sort=old