PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #1
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
Colored Gamertags?

See pics to see what I mean... I have never seen this in my entire life of playing Xboxlive... wonder how they do that, let alone allow a cuss word? lol

I took the pics with my blackberry really quick.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
Guitarr Steve

Send a message via AIM to Guitarr Steve Send a message via Yahoo to Guitarr Steve

Docter Peppa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That's nice. Rank 66 and he hasn't been banned yet.

And I've seen this WAY too many times to count in CoD4. Had to have been spotted in MW2 sooner or later. I'm sure there will be many YouTube tutorial videos on how to do this very soon.

EDIT: And don't forget, 8+6=thebluebanana
It's like those parents who have their first kid, the kid is wonderful, exceeds in every aspect, then they have a second, it fails at life, sure they'll still love it, but inside they think "Oh fuck, what happened?"

Guitarr Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I remember doing this on the PS3 COD 4. Thought it was a specific system glitch...

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:36 AM   #4
A Pharmacist

A Pharmacist's Gamercard
I saw one the other night, his name was Microsoft, and there were all the buttons next to his name like above. Thought it was weird, but didn't give it much thought.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #5
VG CoRrUpTiiOn

billet2012's Gamercard
mods

all you need is a transfer cable and the Modio software. Its a mod that you can do
VG CoRrUpTiiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #6
dynamik123

There won't be a "tutorial on youtube" because most of this is done by modding. Like many of these namehacks, you have to have the right hardware (usually the same thing people use for gamesaving and other mods - XSATA). There are tutorials all over modding sites for name hacks, but if you go online, you will get your system banned eventually.

Team based shooter coming to XBLA soon, check it out!
dynamik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #7
The Viper

Viiperrr's Gamercard
Its not really detectable because its not a permanent change and when you look at the game stats their original GT shows. You have to HEX edit to do that.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 AM   #8
Its Just Clutch

Tyraaaant's Gamercard
Look at their gamercard for the real name.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:55 AM   #9
norcalsniper
Banned User

norcalsniper's Gamercard
Those would be hacked accounts. It is a simple hack, still a hack however!
norcalsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #10
Driven

Send a message via AIM to Driven

LyricaIs's Gamercard
Mods or they just hacked the system or Xbox Live.

Credited by: Gackt

Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:50 AM   #11
qu1ck2sh00t
Banned User

Qu1ck2Sh00t's Gamercard
I remember this from Halo 2 wow this game is like Deja Vu all over again!!!
qu1ck2sh00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:10 AM   #12
PLAT1NUM

PLAT1NUM619's Gamercard
i did this kind of stuff on cod4... really over it and not impressive to me no more.

PLAT1NUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #13
seahn

Send a message via MSN to seahn

seahn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarr Steve View Post
That's nice. Rank 66 and he hasn't been banned yet.

And I've seen this WAY too many times to count in CoD4. Had to have been spotted in MW2 sooner or later. I'm sure there will be many YouTube tutorial videos on how to do this very soon.

EDIT: And don't forget, 8+6=thebluebanana
yeah, i saw this a couple weeks before MW2 was release on CoD 4

seahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #14
qu1ck2sh00t
Banned User

Qu1ck2Sh00t's Gamercard
My first multiplayer match of the night and all I see is the Xbox 360 controller buttons in a name....... I miss the old Xbox with the modded Halo 2 it was quite fun having Master Chief jump 500 trillion feet in the air with a SMG shooting out Energy Swords..... Good memories....
qu1ck2sh00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
Fun

SASxYANKEEx's Gamercard
Same thing on Saints Row 2 not new there is a system update soon that will fix most mods (xbox Live update)
Old 12-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #16
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Dammit i can't even view the damn pics! not your fault.. they just come up as small red x's..but yh most people are saying mods so thats probably it I'm guessing.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
Oliie

I think that it is just as in the PC version. You have to put '^x' behind what you want to color and 'x' is the number ranging from 0 to 9. Each number gives different color. I think they did this with their gamertags.
Oliie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I havent seen one yet.. but if i do, i'll file a complaint and submit a bad review.
I hate hackers and glitchers! they ruin the game for everyone who's trying to play the game properly
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:51 AM   #19
Mustang532

Th3 Beam's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Moves View Post
I havent seen one yet.. but if i do, i'll file a complaint and submit a bad review.
I hate hackers and glitchers! they ruin the game for everyone who's trying to play the game properly
In this case i dont think filing a complaint will do anything, except maybe threaten to ban them if they don't change it back. But hey, i'm not stopping you from doing it anyway

(and yes, that was serious)

Rock n' Roll baby!

More useless nonsense coming soon!!
Mustang532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:17 AM   #20
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
If this is all the guy is doing, I don't see the harm in it. If he's messing with his leaderboard stats, messing with gameplay, etc. that's one thing, but he doesn't appear to be negatively affecting anyone by changing how his name displays.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #21
Mickk

MickQuesadilla's Gamercard
Most WaW players will be able to remember seeing at least one guy with a name alternating colours or with these symbols in their gamertag at one point... Especially if you played a lot. I remember I was up against a team on Makin and each member of my team except me and a friend had a different coloured name...
Mickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #22
Harvir007

Send a message via MSN to Harvir007

o DhilloN x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickk View Post
Most WaW players will be able to remember seeing at least one guy with a name alternating colours or with these symbols in their gamertag at one point... Especially if you played a lot. I remember I was up against a team on Makin and each member of my team except me and a friend had a different coloured name...
Yh I did that once or twice it was a pain to do it though and no that one didn't involve a hack just a really easy trick to make your name appear colourful.

If you're gonna add me, then send a message saying ''360a''
Quote:
Originally Posted by A CATSHOVEL
There is a difference between knowing that they are coming and knowing where they are coming from. Besides, the places that they come from are usually out of the way, so they get in the map and spread out pretty quickly.
Harvir007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
If this is all the guy is doing, I don't see the harm in it. If he's messing with his leaderboard stats, messing with gameplay, etc. that's one thing, but he doesn't appear to be negatively affecting anyone by changing how his name displays.
If there hacking there GT then there probably hacking other things as well. you know, to get an upper hand by cheating
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #24
BvH91

Velikan RED's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pharmacist View Post
I saw one the other night, his name was Microsoft, and there were all the buttons next to his name like above. Thought it was weird, but didn't give it much thought.
Seen this guy as well, one of those iTz retards selling MW2 glitches for MSP. Banhammer his face imo.
BvH91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #25
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VG CoRrUpTiiOn View Post
all you need is a transfer cable and the Modio software. Its a mod that you can do
It's also not allowed nor is telling people how to do it.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #26
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
If there hacking there GT then there probably hacking other things as well. you know, to get an upper hand by cheating
Don't be so quick to judge. This thread (through what people posted in it) is evidence that not everyone who does these little tag hacks is always doing some other sort of hack as well. All I'm saying is, don't be such a pessimist
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:34 AM   #27
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
Don't be so quick to judge. This thread (through what people posted in it) is evidence that not everyone who does these little tag hacks is always doing some other sort of hack as well. All I'm saying is, don't be such a pessimist
he's right. i have absolutely no interest in hacking/cheating (even if i could get away with it), but would love to see my name in pink.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote