PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Army of Two: The 40th Day
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
elephantd

frizzzlecake107's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What do you hope EA improved on?

I hope they improved servers for online.
More customization would be nice aswell, single and MP.
Longer storyline would be nice.

What would you guys/gals like to see?
________
Big dick movie
________
The View Condo

Last edited by elephantd; 09-10-2011 at 05:22 AM.
elephantd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
CrAzYnEsS

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantd View Post
I hope they improved servers for online.
More customization would be nice aswell, single and MP.
Longer storyline would be nice.

What would you guys/gals like to see?

all of wat u said, plus controls, and hav option to not hav to wear the stupied masks.

Cheating doesn't qualify as skills, its just a poor
attempt for a newb to be a pro.

BTW-I kno some of the spelling on my posts, is incorrect, but im just too lazy to fix it srry. Also if n e of my posts have offended n e 1 in n e way, i apologize. PEACE
CrAzYnEsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
colmotoole2

xSTR81337x's Gamercard
keep the buying weapons thing. Get more weapons though
colmotoole2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
More Weapons
More Customization(and skip the damn "bling-bling", it's ridiculous)
Improved AI (For Gods sake)
Better Multiplayer
BETTER SINGLE PLAYER/CO-OP
MAKE THE CO-OP MATTER
Better Controls
Remove Those Gay-parachute events (Why the hell would two "manly" rich mercenaries only bring one parachute, unless they've got a "special" relationship. Not that is anything wrong by being gay, but if they swing that way, wouldn't they be more open about it?)

Last edited by Kunduz; 04-27-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
OUTBURZT

OUTBURZT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
More Weapons
More Customization(and skip the damn "bling-bling", it's ridiculous)
Improved AI (For Gods sake)
Better Multiplayer
BETTER SINGLE PLAYER/CO-OP
MAKE THE CO-OP MATTER
Better Controls
Remove Those Gay-parachute events (Why the hell would two "manly" rich mercenaries only bring one parachute, unless they've got a "special" relationship. Not that is anything wrong by being gay, but if they swing that way, wouldn't they be more open about it?)
I agree on the "more" outlook. Its the sequel so obviously there will be more. More weapons, more cuztomization throughout (not just weapons). Also, I would like to see a weapon (for campaign only) that dominates all). After beating the game on any difficulty I had PLENTY of money to buy everything i wanted. THEN after i beat the game on Pro it unlocks the weapons I already bought? LAME. I hope I missed something there.

The "bling bling" as u called it it necessary in a lot of scenarios. Just picture it as an aggro add-on.

I would also like to see a stats sheet. For campaign as well as online. Headshots, Hit %, pvp's killed, etc.....

Better masks, There are only 3 distinct masks. For example... 1 mask is dark grey with a black stripe, and another mask is darker grey with a black stripe, COME ON. Put some effort into desigining them.

Lastly but not least by ANY means. Fix the controls. Play SOCOM then play army of two. The aiming on this game is FRUSTRATING for gamers who are used to a good shooter. Without holding Left Trigger the aiming is Horrid.

1 more thing. I do not want some newb killing me because I am purchasing a weapon. Make it so you cant get killed when buying things online. This will be abused however so also make it so you cannot enter the purchase screen when taking damage.

Last edited by OUTBURZT; 04-30-2009 at 04:00 PM.
OUTBURZT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:15 AM   #6
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

As most have said, I'd like to see some more weapons. Maybe allow everyone to purchase the pre-order exclusive weapons and bring in some new pre-order incentives (just not anything for the online).

If they released this game with almost everything the same, I'd be fine with that if they would just reconfigure the controls. Give me a button designated specifically to melee and allow me to throw grenades without selecting them in my list of weapons. Also, if they can use different buttons for situational actions, such as feign death and Overkill, that'd be nice also. And if they could change the Overkill to only the person with the Agro could call it in, that'd be nice. I got killed far too often because my partner called in Overkill when I was one bullet away from going down.

I thought the customization was fine (for the campaign at least). The only thing I'd like to see changed is the whole "you must buy upgrade 1 before you can buy upgrade 2, you must buy upgrade 2 before you can buy upgrade 3" BS. At this point, it's not a big deal for me since I've got about $10 Mil and own every single weapon, upgrade and mask, but when you're playing through it the first time, it really sucks that you have 5K, and barrell 2 or 3 for whatever gun you're using costs $4500 but you can't buy it because you have to buy each leading up to it.

As far as the online, I'd just like to see some more game types with more people instead of filling in the gaps by sprinkling in AI. Instead of improving the way you can purchase weapons, why not go to something like Call of Duty, but keep the money aspect. Allow players to purchase weapons, just like the campaign, after earning enough $ and then let them create classes. Then you could allow customization of weapons then, and players may want to use the M134 but want a sniper rather than a RPG. They'd have to either lower the earnings or raise the prices of everything to do so, or you'd be able to buy everything after 5-10 games, but it would make the whole MP experience much more fun. Also, better servers and don't end the game when one person drops out since you already insisted on using so much AI online anyway.

Sorry I went on and on, but those are the things that I have come up with through the course of 10-15 playthroughs and the disappointment of the online.

Last edited by Stewie Griffin2; 05-05-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:19 AM   #7
Fonkey Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Fonkey Monkey

Fonkey Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
The aggro in the first game was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever played.

Legendary Status!!
We Are Lasers.
Fonkey Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:34 AM   #8
Stewie Griffin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonkey Monkey View Post
The aggro in the first game was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever played.
The Agro was the freshest, most innovative and realistic thing in the game. It sure as hell makes more sense than every other game, where it's you and 10 other people and the enemy only shoots at you. It requires strategy, just like real warfare, and it makes sense that if threat A is shooting at me with a M134 while threat B is running around behind me 100 yards to either side, I may not notice him because there's some asshole out there shooting at me with a M134.

Agro was the distinguishing trait of this game, above the mercenary approach even. It's what makes this game different from a Gears of War where you both have to just shoot until the enemy is dead instead of using a little strategy and creativity to accomplish your goal. War is all about deception and strategy, Ao2 is the first game that truly incorporates that into the gameplay, whereas every other game your whole squad runs headlong into the enemy lines and the enemy concentrates all their fire on you instead of treating every threat equally, or distinguishing the most menacing threat and trying to kill that.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #9
DeathWarrior57

more guns, attachments and the ability to customize your own mask.
also add another guy like clyde, crazy but in the end helps you
also you could make it like gta/fallout, you get to run around a city and go on missions when you please
DeathWarrior57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #10
Cameron Speirs

Xi Sniipah ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYnEsS View Post
all of wat u said, plus controls, and hav option to not hav to wear the stupied masks.
I love the masks =D
Old 05-08-2009, 06:08 AM   #11
My BR Is Evil

Frankie Kramer's Gamercard
I'm hoping that they just take the entire MP and revamp restart and reset that because the last one was Terrible....although you could make it fun if you really wanted to I guess.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
bobmarley333

mikegotme1000gs's Gamercard
i thought that the first game was a good game but they could improve on some stuff. i wish that the multiplayer was better and had more than like 3 maps. Also the matchmaking on it sucked and u had to wait 5 minutes just to find a game which you would lag out of. I wish that the story was longer because i was disapointed after the game ended with 6 20 minute missions. Also one thing that would be cool is if you could custom pimp your weapons instead of a default thing. I would also like a separate button for mele because for some reason i suck at using the shoot button to mele people.

Retail Complete 36/40
1000/1000: 22
1250/1250: 7
1355/1355: 1
1490/1490: 1
1500/1500: 1
1750/1750: 3
98.3% completion as of 8/4/12
Working on NBA 2k12, Fifa 12, Gears 3
bobmarley333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #13
INFERNOII

x IB ii G G Zzz's Gamercard
Whatever they're doing, i'm sure they're going to do it right. I'm not worrying about anything right now as I loved the first one.

INFERNOII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
Stewie Griffin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Speirs View Post
I love the masks =D
As did I. Crazy, the masks were sort of the "icon" for this game, if someone sees the masks they automatically know that it's Ao2, much like the Spartan Helmet is for the Halo series,. They won't get rid of them and I doubt you'll have the option to not wear them.

Another thing I would like to see them change in the MP is character customization, such as purchasing or choosing masks and other armor and selecting the looks. Something like MW2 is rumored to be introducing. And no more of this bullshit buying everything in-game each time you play.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #15
CunningFox

z ShockWave x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
More aesthetic only wepon customisations.
CunningFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #16
Dead Eye 1983

Dead Eye 1983's Gamercard
The bling thing on the weapons was stupid looking. If there going to do that again maby they shoud also add a camo feature on the weapons to decrease your agro. The game was fun, but as with any game there is alot they could improve. I thought the game gave a different view of how third person shooters could work. Hopefully now that they are on their second game they will run with they idea and make a classic.
Dead Eye 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #17
Kunduz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTBURZT View Post
The "bling bling" as u called it it necessary in a lot of scenarios. Just picture it as an aggro add-on.
Still it was fudging ridiculous, they could have made something completely different...and no, I didn't find the aggro necessary throughout the whole campaign...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:51 AM   #18
Stewie Griffin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
Still it was fudging ridiculous, they could have made something completely different...and no, I didn't find the aggro necessary throughout the whole campaign...
Then maybe you didn't play on Professional. The aggro was extremely neccessary, especially when you play with the AI or if you ran into a heavy or a turret.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
elephantd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin2 View Post
Then maybe you didn't play on Professional. The aggro was extremely neccessary, especially when you play with the AI or if you ran into a heavy or a turret.

so true, i loved sneaking up behind a heavy and taking him out, while my friend was keeping him busy.

As far as controls i thought they were very simple, but i didn't like how you had to switch to nades like someone said earlier. I really hope they do revamp the online that to me was the only thing holding this game back from being a huge blockbuster.
________
Cumshot massive
________
AttractGirl live

Last edited by elephantd; 09-10-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #20
Stewie Griffin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantd View Post
so true, i loved sneaking up behind a heavy and taking him out, while my friend was keeping him busy.

As far as controls i thought they were very simple, but i didn't like how you had to switch to nades like someone said earlier. I really hope they do revamp the online that to me was the only thing holding this game back from being a huge blockbuster.
I never really had to sneak up on them, I preordered and had the SAL-86 so one shot in the chest with that and it was over. But with turrets it was a much different story. 1 stinger, RPG or SAL was all it took to take it out, but the aggro was necessary so that you could actually get the shot off when you pull out that gun.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #21
elephantd

Quote:
I never really had to sneak up on them, I preordered and had the SAL-86 so one shot in the chest with that and it was over. But with turrets it was a much different story. 1 stinger, RPG or SAL was all it took to take it out, but the aggro was necessary so that you could actually get the shot off when you pull out that gun.
to each his own XP.

I just prefur a nice close shotgun to the back of the head.
________
Bondage anal
________
Wiki vaporizer

Last edited by elephantd; 09-10-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #22
Kunduz

Quote:
Sure I did, but with a friend...so I'd not find all that useful..flanking worked fine without it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #23
SiL3NTxMAGGOT

iFistPump29's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by My BR Is Evil View Post
I'm hoping that they just take the entire MP and revamp restart and reset that because the last one was Terrible....although you could make it fun if you really wanted to I guess.
I will second this... MP sucked in the first game in my opinion

SiL3NTxMAGGOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
Sonicater

sonicater's Gamercard
When you go into overkill it doesn't make the other player stand up. just in case you press it on accident so you don't kill your partner
Sonicater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #25
reborn2603

Send a message via Yahoo to reborn2603

reborn2603's Gamercard
The first game really felt repetitive, I'd like EA to work on that a little more.
The aggro and the mask were awesome.
The buy-weapons system in the campign was a little stupid. I bought the AUG early in the game and did not felt the need to get anything else.
Oh and onther thing: FINISH THE SENCOND PART ALREADY!!!
reborn2603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #26
ChrisDeston

ChrisDeston821's Gamercard
Read through all the posts and I'm shocked people want rid of the masks!
I think a customiser on them would be good, but they can't be rid of them.

I never got a chance to place MP since it's dead 24/7 nowadays and I only recently got this game but by the sounds of it a few tweaks are needed.

Aggro was fine, no worries there. Overkill was fine - If you don't want to die, get a good teammate. My brother only ever did that to me once. As soon as I was down, he'd always ask before he went into stealth. Army of "Two" not of "One and the Other". Good communication and the system'll work fine.

I liked the weapon customisation though someone made an excellent suggestion with the camo. If you've not read the thread, the idea was to keep the Pimped option to increase Aggro but include a Camo option to decrease it.

Melee could do with being a seperate button, as could throw grenade, and the none precision aim could be improved; all of which were complaints voiced by members here and my brother? But none of which bothered me in the slightest. I like it as is. It was different. Having played Halo, Cod and Gears I like the differences between them and I don't think it'll be a problem.

Ammo needs tweaking. I think you should be able to steal the enemies weapon when they die; not get the yellow bags that may give some primary when you need a special.

Storyline was a tad short but the cutscenes were great imho. Overall I really enjoyed this game but haven't read into the sequal yet. Is it following up from the first? Where they own the business? I hope the storyline stays fresh and funny with the twists of the first.

EDIT BEFORE POSTING:
Read Wiki on 40th Day;
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Feign surrender and human shield sound kool. They took my ammo idea New melee button. Sprint! How did I forget sprint. We needed a sprint. AI is improved... Citizen AI? That may suck. But yeah Ill post now - I wonder how many "TLDR"s I get
Old 07-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #27
Gorilla Stomper

improved ai is all i want, the amount of times salem has run around in circles is just ridiculous

"A Challenger appears..."

Gorilla Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #28
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Would like more options to customise weapons.
Loved that bit of the game.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #29
Exodus 320

Exodus 320's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonkey Monkey View Post
  1. First of all, im loving the lupe you have going on haha..anyways the aggro is what made this game different than all the other shooter games
  2. and everyone says more weapons but to be honest, i had trouble deciding which gun to used once they were all customized
  3. I definately agree on the controls/sensitivity cause i could never find the right sensitivity to easily get the kill
  4. most certainly the multiplayer. it was awful. it also sucked when someone left a game 15 minutes into it and then you had to start all over wasting 20 minutes to get a game.
  5. party mode in ranked multiplayer.
Worms (200/200)
NFS Undercover (1000/1000)
Fight Night Round 3 (1000/1000)
Turok (1000/1000)
In Progress
Halo 3 (990/1750)
Close but no Cigar
Crackdown (1000/1250)
Army of Two (1110/1250)
Exodus 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 AM   #30
BlckHybrid

BlckHybrid's Gamercard
Multiplayer was a let down in the first game, one of its weaknesses. I like the conversations between the two character. The smart ass remarks and such. I suggest rev up the intensity during the campaign. In the first game it was like for me before the last level i already had most of the upgrades. SO it was like, gawd. But it was fun.

The story was your standard action game story with not alot of 'OMG' moments. Dont leave us hanging too. Like with HALO 2, that was a big bummer. Close this chapter so we can move on.

Last but not least keep the enviorments fresh and diverse. Bland and repitive is not a option.
BlckHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote