PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Where's Waldo?
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-26-2009, 05:07 AM   #31
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I've had a similar problem in DiRT 2 (PC) where the achievement unlocks but never, ever shows up in the profile. Seems the case with this game (from what I've read in this topic).

Games for Windows - LIVE is a glitchy service and Microsoft really couldn't care less about sorting out the various problems, since it's there for free.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #32
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I unlocked 4achievements for 'Wheres Waldo' and none of them have been transferred over to xbox.com or my 360. It still says 0/12, where as on my PC I have 4/12. Also I was connected to Live the entire time I was playing. Great fun.. >_> hopefully they fix this soon. I'm reinstalling the game to see if that helps as recovering my gamertag didn't.

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #33
discostu1337

discostu1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Now this piece of crap deleted my saved game when I logged in. Luckily I had just finished Normal mode the night before and was going to do Kids mode anyways.

Also, anyone know how to find Waldo 20 times? There are only 15 levels...do I replay 5 of them? I beat normal and never got it.
discostu1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:49 AM   #34
Skelix

Skelix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
You re-play 5 levels, or I believe first 5 levels you do in kids should unlock the 20 find Waldos.

As for GFWL and glitchy achievments, I've played a lot of the titles, haven't had any problems until Waldo. Just beat it on normal with the 180 stars, got the ingame pop, but it never went to Xbox.com. Not sure if its on the client (should be) as I'm at work right now.
Skelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:32 AM   #35
Toby9982

Toby9982's Gamercard

Some achievements weren't being updated to the LIVE servers for me either.
The problem for me was that I had some downloads going in the background while I was playing the game.

Here is what you can do to try and fix the problem,

Your broken achievements don't include finishing the game on normal or kids,

1 Recover your gamertag
2 Load your save and play around a little bit until the broken achievements re-unlock.

Your broken achievements include finishing the game on normal or kids(on Windows 7 & Vista ONLY, I'm not sure where the save files are located in XP),

1 Recover your gamertag
2 Open any folder and click on the "Organize" drop down menu
3 Click on "folder and search options"
4 Click on the "View" tab then check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
5 Navigate to your Waldo saves folder C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\Ludia\Waldo
6 MOVE all the saves in this folder to another location
7 Start Where's Waldo, make a new game and play until you are at the 34th level (the first level in "Land of Waldos") on normal or kids
8 Quit Where's Waldo and go back to your game saves folder
9 COPY (don't move) the saves to another location on your PC
10 Start Where's Waldo again and finish level 34

If it updated the achievement to the LIVE servers this time you're good to go.

If not repeat step 1, then erase all saves in your game saves folder, COPY the saves you backed up in step 9 back to your saves folder.
Now before you start Where's Waldo again, disconnect your PC from the internet.
Get the achievement, reconnect your PC to the internet and sign into Xbox LIVE.

If the achievement still won't update to the servers, COPY the saves you backed up in step 9 to another PC and see if the achievement will update to the LIVE servers from it.
Toby9982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #36
sneh

SNEH2J00's Gamercard
what a glitchy shitbag of a game... i got the odlaw achievement after finding him twice. then after finishing it on kids, the achievement popped, then the game got stuck on the end screen, had to ctrl+alt+del and end task to get out of it. then when i reloaded the game, the kids achievement had dissappeared off my profile, but the friend to the stars had unlocked with a date of 01/01/1753?!?!?!??!?! i havent even played it on normal to get the stars yet....... no finding wally 20 times achievement either....
sneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #37
MysticWeirdo

MysticWeirdo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I managed to get all the achievements but noticed some abnormalities about how the game completed on normal and 180 stars unlocked. I was at 165 star and got 3 stars in the level to get the game completed on Normal, I then went on to get the stars from the 2 missions after the end on the game. Then I replay the last level again and finally got 5 stars. I saw an achievement pop... but it was the normal completion again..

I never saw the 180 stars pop but its lists as completed offline... before the game completion on normal. I think I ran into the glitch where the normal completion ach didn't transfer, which corrected itself when I replayed the final level.

Last edited by MysticWeirdo; 12-27-2009 at 03:35 PM.
MysticWeirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #38
Skelix

Skelix's Gamercard

OK so the 180 star complete on normal was unlocked on my client. The only cheev I had left was beating on easy. So I did that today, this went to xbox.com, and must have forced a rescan as the 180 star complete on normal cheev showed up as well.

So instead of screwing around try to grab another achievment you're still missing and maybe it will update the ones not showing up on xbox.com. I'm using Windows Vista, and like I said few posts back, only PC achievment problem I've had.
Skelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:21 AM   #39
Zorb

zorb zex's Gamercard

Like many others in this thread, my achievement for kids difficulty screwed up. I saw it pop up, but then froze up for a few seconds, and now it's nowhere to be seen anywhere. I have all of the other achievements, and they didn't have any issues.

I don't know if replaying the game a 3rd time would even help. The achievement isn't showing up on xbox.com, but maybe it glitched out, and it thinks it's unlocked and it just didn't record it.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:34 AM   #40
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I unlocked 4 achievements but none of them are on my gamercard... The game has been freezing and crashing non-stop thus far. Currently reinstalling it in hopes of fixing this POS game .

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #41
phatal1ty

PHATAL1TY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
my kids journey one didn't pop till i replayed the last level three times (winning each time) i kept seeing it pop in game, but not on my profile... i logged in to Xbox.com and then restarted the game and did it one last time and it worked... so i think its just random
(and world of goo works fine on my XP laptop, even though it shuts down my second monitor)
phatal1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #42
kanejeeg

kanejeeg's Gamercard

I also had a similar issue with the Kid's Journey achievement. It didn't pop up in my live profile until later in the day after I got some Boarderlands achievements. It was very odd...
kanejeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #43
xgonscm2

xenon ghost's Gamercard
sounds like these games are nothing but headaches, i'll wait to get them until they fix how glitchy they are..regardless of their fun factor
Old 12-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #44
blodnutman

bloodnutman's Gamercard
Glitchy for sure..I have the same problem with the Finished game kids achievement & Bon Apetit..Bone Collection achievement willo not pop...
Old 12-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #45
Vincentdante

Vincentdante's Gamercard
woot I finally popped the kids achieve on my windows 7 pc. I will try normal mode later on which will now be the last one I need

Vincentdante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #46
GHOST1986

A 2rue LeGacY's Gamercard

For those of you who beat kids twice to get the achievement, did you delete your first kids save? I beat it a second time, but I didn't get the achievement to register. Is it because I had a save with kids already complete. Pretty much my question is If I delete my saves and re-play will I get the achievement to register on my tag?

I just beat the game again after I deleted my save and the achievement unlocked. You don't need to recover your account just delete save and redo any achievement that didn't register. ie. find waldo 20x if you don't unlock it just redo it and you will get it.

Last edited by GHOST1986; 12-31-2009 at 04:51 AM.
GHOST1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:47 AM   #47
Ak47

Vv AK 47 vV's Gamercard
I didn't have that much of a problem with glitchy achievements.
However, find waldo 20 times popped after I found a swamp monster creature on my second go through.
Then when I got the 40 stars achievement, xbox.com didn't register it so I went back to waldo and signed in. I looked on xbox.com and it said I got the achievement.

Fling yourself fifa 09 guide!
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...=1#post2085525

Games I am boosting:
2010 Fifa World Cup

Computer games (add for pc boosting)
Viva Pinata
Ak47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #48
GalaxyRed13

Send a message via AIM to GalaxyRed13 Send a message via Yahoo to GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

I've been having similar problems with everyone else. But my problem is that, I have all of the achievements on GFWL, but on xbox.com, or on my 360, I'm missing the achievement for beating it on Normal (yet my gamerscore is updated on both of them like I have the achievements from the game, but it acts like I don't have them all).

As some suggested, I figured that it would unlock after awhile, as I unlock achievements in other games. I started doing that, and got 51 more points from playing Watchmen on my 360. The points would add up, and those achievements would unlock on xbox.com, 360 and GFWL, but xbox.com and the 360 still says I have Normal locked instead of unlocked. I also tried recovering my gamertag, and that did nothing at all.
GalaxyRed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #49
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Sadly, it unlocked in the game, points added to the gamerscore, but the achievement still shows as locked. Yay...

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #50
dmf087

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I beat the game on Kids Mode, it popped up in the game and I got the points, but when I checked my profile on my XBox it still shows it as locked. I tried beating the last stage again and 5 stared everything, but nope, still didn't unlock.
I really don't want to do everything all over again, but guess I have to. Ugh.
Damn Waldo. >.<
Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #51
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Done, don't care unless a patch comes about. Caqn't get the Waldo one either and no way in hell am I gonna do normal to only have to do it a 2nd time.

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:43 AM   #52
GalaxyRed13

Send a message via AIM to GalaxyRed13 Send a message via Yahoo to GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

It seems that there's yet another problem. I had all 12 achievements for the game, as I mentioned, and my points are updated like I have all 12. So I figured I'd try to sign in on GFWL again to see if the achievements were still there. But for some reason, GFWL says I don't have all 12 now, even though it said I had all 12 previously when I looked. And to top it all off, GFWL doesn't even show another game I started playing (Bionic Commando on my 360). I played that yesterday, along with a couple of other games. The other games are showing on GFWL, but Bionic Commando isn't (even though I have 8 achievements in it). But Bionic Commando is showing up on my 360 and xbox.com. I wish I didn't try playing GFWL at all now, because it just messed up my scoring pretty much. What a shitty glitchy system. I hope they realize people are having this trouble and fix the damn thing already.
GalaxyRed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #53
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
The finding Waldo 20 times glitched for me. I've played thru kiddie and normal games and I still didn't get it.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #54
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
The finding Waldo 20 times glitched for me. I've played thru kiddie and normal games and I still didn't get it.
Funny, I left the game and went back into it. Then I replayed a finding Waldo level. When I found him, the achievement unlocked.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #55
Professor Pie

Jedgesaurus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
Funny, I left the game and went back into it. Then I replayed a finding Waldo level. When I found him, the achievement unlocked.
Which difficulty did it unlock on when you replayed it? I've completed both too and still no achievement. :/
Old 01-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #56
R Rated Love

R Rated Love's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNSLiiNGER View Post
i run vista and havent had a single problem with any achievements
This. (Can also add that I'm running Vista on my iMac, so I'm even more surprised the shit works)

And this game is not "glitched" even remotely similarly to Tinker. Tinker's achievement is impossible to unlock. All of this game's achievements are not only possible, but a according to mygamercard.net, nearly 15% of players who have played the game have the full 200 points. (Which is a much higher percent than most games)
Old 11-28-2010, 01:11 AM   #57
CONKER1182
Banned User

CONKER1182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I unlocked The Robot Master achievement before the Robot Controller achievement in Tinker.
CONKER1182 is offline   Reply With Quote