PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-29-2009, 04:45 AM   #1
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Road Map to 1000

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
-Offline: 37 (690)
-Online: 10 (310)
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 10-15 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2
-Number of missable achievements: 8
-Glitched achievements: No
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? N/A
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

Introduction
Welcome to Lord of the Rings: Conquest. There is a total of 47 achievements worth a total of 1000. It requires a minimum of two playthroughs. One playthrough is the single player "War of the Ring" Campaign, also known as the "Good" campaign. The other playthrough is the "Rise of Sauron" campaign, also known as the "Evil" campaign.

You will unlock 17 achievements worth a total of 400 by simply playing through both campaigns, and that's just playing each level, you are more than likely to get more. The remaining 600 will consist of getting kills with certain classes in campaign or local multiplayer and getting kills online as well, and also assorted online achievements but we'll get to that later.
I have not heard of any glitches disabling you from unlocking achievements, as I did not come across any.

There are 8 missable achievements in the game and 6 of them consist of killing heroes with heroes, whenever you come across a "boss" and are given the option of becoming a hero press for yes. If you die, you will have to die a couple more times, to be given the option to become one again. The other 2 missable achievements require you to kill 300 hobbits in the last level of the "Rise of Sauron" campaign, the Shire. They will respawn, so just keep killing them without destroying the buidings. The last missable achievement requires you to die by a fell beast or eagle. Just do the Osgiliath level and when you get to the bridge, stay there and you will get picked up by a Nazgul.

Step #1: "War of the Ring" Campaign
This is the first campaign, in order to unlock the "Rise of Sauron" campaign, you must first complete this. I would do this on the easiest difficulty "Casual" since there are no achievements do beat it on higher difficulites. After each level you complete, you will recieve an achievement. Make your way through the campaign, not really trying to get other achievements, when you get to the Osgiliath level, get the achievements when you have to get so many kills with certain classes with certain abilities and the one when you have to get killed by a fell beast or eagle, just go the bridge. At this point in the game you should have about 12 achievements, give or take a few. Progress your way through the campaign untill you get to the end.

Step #2: "Rise of Sauron" Campaign
Just like the other campaign, I advise you do it on "Casual," instead of playing the good, you'll play as the the evil this time. Progress through the campaign, one level at a time, and try to remember to play as heroes at "boss" battles by pressing . At the last level, Shire, you'll have to kill 300 hobbits in one playthrough, they respawn so it shouldn't be a problem, just don't destroy the buildings. When you beat both campaigns, you should have around 33 achievements, more than halfway done.

Step #3: Online
Now that you have beaten both campaigns, it's time for some online gameplay, online isn't dead yet, and it's still pretty active, you shouldn't have a problem finding a match. There are 10 ranked online achievements with a total of 310. The first online achievements I recommend doing are the kills and go from there, they can be boosted, almost everyone playing online is boosting, or done the old fashioned way. If you decide you want to do it the old fashioned way, you will want to join a match with very few players.

Once you have done those, there are only a few achievements left. Do the 4 "big" ranked online achievements next, the 50 ones, they tend to be the hardest.
1.Requires you to get the most points in a ranked match, I reccomend doing Conquest, and just capture points, instead of going for kills.
2.You will have to capture 10 points in a Conquest match, again, probably easiest boosted, find a friend and get the ranked online ones.
3.You will have to capture a ring with Frodo, must be done on the level Shire and you must be a hero, capture 2 rings, you then will have the option to play as Frodo, capture the last one as Frodo.
4.You must capture 3 rings in a a ranked Capture the Ring match, you will get this the same time as the above one.

Step #4: Mop Up
In this step, you just have to get any achievements you have left remaining, if any. One you may have left is the co-op one, simply complete a level in co-op. Two others you might have left to do are the achievements to get 20 kills with Legolas and Gimli. They do not have to be done ranked, they can be done local, just do a game of Hero Team Deathmatch and play the level Mount Doom so you can play as Legolas and Gimli, and change the options to 100 kills. If you have any remaining achievements, get them done. At this point you should have a total of 47 achievements worth a total of 1000

Conclusion
To wrap this up, Lord of the Rings: Conquest is a fairly easy fun 1000, and most players should be able to attain all 47 achievements. The list is pretty straight forward. If you are still missing any achievements, here is the link to the guide: Lord of the Rings: Conquest Achievement Guide

I would like to thank PhoenixRising17 for writing the amazing guide. I would also like to thank X360A for giving me the chance to write this Road Map.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements

Last edited by Coadster1; 07-30-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
intrauma

intrauma's Gamercard
Excellent work didnt realize the Legolas and Gimli kills could be done offline too...how many people would you recommend for a boosting session? Can you do it with one other person or do you need a group?

100,000 Gamerscore reached 27/04/2011

intrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
Coadster1

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
One person is fine, but it would take longer. It's whatever you prefer.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)

TrueAchievements
Old 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
intrauma

intrauma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coadster1 View Post
One person is fine, but it would take longer. It's whatever you prefer.
Thanks for getting back to me so quick, yeah one person is fine with me. Im not really keen on doing group boost session after the chaos of getting the Fighting Champ achievement for Smackdown 2008 lol, and it doesnt really bother me about how long it wont take cause I done the two campaign modes so flippin quicker than I thought anyway so may as well take my time with the ranked ones

Old 08-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
Coadster1

Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to find others to boost with, you can visit this thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=71091

or just join an online ranked session with very few people. They tend to be boosting groups.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)

TrueAchievements
Old 08-20-2009, 12:01 AM   #6
intrauma

intrauma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coadster1 View Post
Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to find others to boost with, you can visit this thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=71091

or just join an online ranked session with very few people. They tend to be boosting groups.
I got all of the achievements in one session with help from Cyrax 0034 Wasnt too hard really except for the random jabronis coming in and spoiling everything by playing the game properly and take us both out, but we got there in the end

Old 08-20-2009, 12:43 AM   #7
Coadster1

Then congrats on 1000G.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)

TrueAchievements
Old 09-27-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
all your info is pretty accurate thanks for the road map.
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #9
username0110

xAsphox's Gamercard
thanks this was a big help
username0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
polymoos

PolyMoos's Gamercard
Sorry for bumping an old thread but now that the servers are down can you do a minor update showing which are no longer available. I would assume it is just the online ones but I am not 100% sure.
polymoos is offline   Reply With Quote