PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
Dredgon

Send a message via AIM to Dredgon

Dredgon's Gamercard
Improvements/New Features

What do you guys think would be some good improvements and new features in this sequel?
  • I think, for one, that the lightsaber customization should be expanded to more than just the colors but to choose between single or double bladed sabers, what hand or hands to hold them in, the way you hold them, etc.
  • Also, there should be some different weapons using light crystals like the throwing stars from Battlefront II's Asaj Ventriss
  • The camera angles could also be fixed
  • Costumes should have more of an effect than just making you look badass
That's all I got for now, let me know what you guys think.
  • TFU (1345)
  • LEGO SW: TCS
  • Fallout 3 (1550)
  • The GF 2
  • RE 5
  • AC II
  • ME 2 (1355)
  • DA II (1370)
  • Skyrim (1300)
  • ME 3 (1550)
  • The Witcher 2
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Dredgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Lord Yamikage

lord yamikage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredgon View Post
I think, for one, that the lightsaber customization should be expanded to more than just the colors but to choose between single or double bladed sabers, what hand or hands to hold them in, the way you hold them, etc.
Agree. Weapon like Darth Maul or Maris would be nice change. Of course with different weapons, different moves. None the same. Even the handle would be nice to have different look.

Quote:
Costumes should have more of an effect than just making you look badass.
You should list some example. I love the idea, but don't know how they'll be effective.

The Forums Rules
[Read the Rules before posting!!]
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!
[Read the Infraction "list" for obvious reason!![LINK]

Don't like the rules? Go report it to Admin.

Lord Yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Dredgon

Send a message via AIM to Dredgon

Dredgon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Yamikage View Post
You should list some example. I love the idea, but don't know how they'll be effective.
Like in cutscenes it would actually change your appearence and the way you talked, and perhaps have different weapon sets per character seperate from your own custom sabers.
  • TFU (1345)
  • LEGO SW: TCS
  • Fallout 3 (1550)
  • The GF 2
  • RE 5
  • AC II
  • ME 2 (1355)
  • DA II (1370)
  • Skyrim (1300)
  • ME 3 (1550)
  • The Witcher 2
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Dredgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:30 AM   #4
blee717

o BLEE x's Gamercard
Great idea. It'd be like Jedi Academy all over again

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
afunk117

well there has to be multiplayer and co op campaign up to
4 player splitscreen and 4 player online co op.

also has to have a horde mode kind of thing, thats a winning feature in a lot of games today
afunk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
Battosai343

Battosai343's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by afunk117 View Post
well there has to be multiplayer and co op campaign up to
4 player splitscreen and 4 player online co op.
Unless that's sarcasm, I completely disagree. Too many games today have a crappy, tacked-on multiplayer component.

Working on
Bulletstorm
Battosai343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
Teth Amon

Goauld Imotep's Gamercard
I have to agree...no MP.

If the developer must then I will accept a CO-OP mode other than that please do NOT ruin the game with a horrible laggy MP mode.

A combat mode akin to the Batman AA would be great...even a horde mode where you fight sith and jedi and iconic characters from the Star Wars world would be perfect.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
1 - Co-Op would be cool.
2 - Camera oh god yes the camera was horrid.
3 - Next would be fixing the glitchy jumping/landing/sliding crap.

This happened wayyyy too much in the first game:

An all-powerful Sith/Jedi dude makes an awesomely awesome jump, lands square in the middle of a platform only to somehow hit a pixel coded as a slope or edge, and uncontrollably slides off into the abyss and dies a gruesome uncontrollable death. This happened so much to me I didn't bother even playing it on the harder difficulties, I didn't want to repeat any more aggravation!! Once I beat the game on normal and went back to land all the holocrons I bailed on the game.

Eg: the first trip to the junk planet after you lightning the engine and use the force to drop a long platformed rock you need to progress. After kicking the ass of that giant garbage bot thing with a molten metal fistball of a right hand. I had to repeat that section countless time to infinite frustration. After taking out all these crazy enemies you get killed by some stupid glitchy platform jump. Stupid!
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:41 AM   #9
frogcrazyant

Frogcrazyant's Gamercard
NO WAY should there be any multiplayer in this game. In great games, tacked-on multiplayer just sets the score down. They try to cram in alot of bad features that should have been just thrown out. Like for example Bioshock 2. Never should have had co-op.

Things that should be improved though?
-With the new dual sabers, Im hoping we have the choice to hold them the way we want. Like for instance, one behind our back, and one in normal form. That would be sweet.
-More customization with everything would be sweet. Instead of getting default costumes, a cool RPGish costume creator would be nice, and finding powerups to peices of clothing would be cool. But this game is not an RPG, so im not really expecting this.
-I think they had the force powers spot on in the first game, but the combos got a bit boring when youve played the game a few times. I would like to see alot more melee and force combos put in with each other.
-And i would like the storyline to make sense. In the first one, they make Darth Vader die..everyone knows he does not die then! And its kinda funky how they can make a sequel, when in the 2 endings of the first game...The apprentice either dies or gets his Sith Stalker Armor, which he has to wear forever to live. IDK, but they should make this one make more sense.

but other than that, really looking forward to this game.

frogcrazyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:42 AM   #10
frogcrazyant

Frogcrazyant's Gamercard
whoops, double post here,
but a horde mode does sound pretty fun for this type of game.
But i still dont think there should be no type of multiplayer. But a arena type mode would be cool for a single player.

Just picture: about 100 Stormtroopers just for the first level, that would be sweet!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
M1keX

M1ke HoLz1e's Gamercard
tbh co op won't work as far as we know because starkiller works alone.

Also i would like to see, More customes and maybe abit of a custom set up (like choose what gloves to wear, what boots etc, abit of a rpg touch).

A nice lightsaber custom tool abit like KOTOR where i can choose the colour crystals and hilt for my saber(s)

More jedi battles or bigger battles.

New item system which adds new mods like extra saber damage if you have a jedi holocron (be like a hold one item sort of thing and you can swap it out for new items)

But i think mainly just more customizing and a great storyline lol :P

M1keX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #12
Teth Amon

Goauld Imotep's Gamercard
Maybe if they did co-op with 2 jedis (similar to the co-op of SC Chaos theory)

The 2 jedi storyline could mirror Starkillers quest in the single player campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1keX View Post
tbh co op won't work as far as we know because starkiller works alone.

Also i would like to see, More customes and maybe abit of a custom set up (like choose what gloves to wear, what boots etc, abit of a rpg touch).

A nice lightsaber custom tool abit like KOTOR where i can choose the colour crystals and hilt for my saber(s)

More jedi battles or bigger battles.

New item system which adds new mods like extra saber damage if you have a jedi holocron (be like a hold one item sort of thing and you can swap it out for new items)

But i think mainly just more customizing and a great storyline lol :P
Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #13
M1keX

M1ke HoLz1e's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teth Amon View Post
Maybe if they did co-op with 2 jedis (similar to the co-op of SC Chaos theory)

The 2 jedi storyline could mirror Starkillers quest in the single player campaign.
Yea i guess that could work if it was a different story like SC.

Also just a fyi cause i'm a star wars nerd the term is jedi even for more than one its always the jedi not the jedis :P lol

M1keX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #14
frogcrazyant

Frogcrazyant's Gamercard
no. co-op.. it just wouldnt work. period.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:50 AM   #15
syckrhythm

Send a message via AIM to syckrhythm

syckrhythm's Gamercard
how did you get that gamerscore thing in your signature?

syckrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 AM   #16
burningreaper

DrivingBj's Gamercard
Starkiller always felt slow to me. He couldn't get up fast, he was stiff in some of his lightsaber combos until the third or fourth move. I just want him to feel smooth.

I'd also like more Force pwers. The game should take note from KOTOR in the number of Force powers available. Then the user could pick four or five to use the entire game. It'd give the game replay value, with different Force ability choices each playthrough. You could go all dark side, all light side, or mix the two.

And echoing others, hopefully the camera is better.
burningreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #17
MicroCool

MicroCool's Gamercard
I can not believe no one mentioned the load screens problems. There was a load time for everytime you switched to upgrade, change your look or saber. The first was great as well as the story which was great. To the people wanting more RPG type features, please remember this is not one and you will be disapointed. Just enjoy what comes out so that way you won't be disapointed.
MicroCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #18
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If anything, I'd like to see:

* More decision-based story developments la Mass Effect or KotOR. (Didn't I just right this same exact sentence in the news bulletin?) I wouldn't expect much from a game like this in terms of RPG-styled elements, but I was under the impersonation that in the first game, our actions would determine our fate. I didn't know that meant just the final battle.

* A little more freedom with the lightsaber customization, per pretty much everyone above. The choice between one or two lightsabers (though that might be difficult to successfully program into the game, with button mapping and actual fighting style and all), types of lightsabers, more crystal colors, all that good stuff. I can name maybe a hundred (LOL exaggeration) colors I would love to experiment with, that have actually appeared in the Star Wars universe.

* More Jedi/Sith battles. Not all like the boss battles, but I'd like to see a few other Jedi make their appearance in the game that I can pummel to death like with the Storm Troopers.

* And finally, a two-player mode. Maybe not co-op story or missions, but at the very least a duel mode like the original game had on the Wii. That was probably the only thing I liked about the original game on that system, before switching to the 360. And more characters are a must, obviously. Basically every character that ever wielded a lightsaber would be amazing, plzkthx.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #19
-ANDY K 08-

ANDY K 08's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
If anything, I'd like to see:

* More decision-based story developments la Mass Effect or KotOR. (Didn't I just right this same exact sentence in the news bulletin?) I wouldn't expect much from a game like this in terms of RPG-styled elements, but I was under the impersonation that in the first game, our actions would determine our fate. I didn't know that meant just the final battle.

* A little more freedom with the lightsaber customization, per pretty much everyone above. The choice between one or two lightsabers (though that might be difficult to successfully program into the game, with button mapping and actual fighting style and all), types of lightsabers, more crystal colors, all that good stuff. I can name maybe a hundred (LOL exaggeration) colors I would love to experiment with, that have actually appeared in the Star Wars universe.

* More Jedi/Sith battles. Not all like the boss battles, but I'd like to see a few other Jedi make their appearance in the game that I can pummel to death like with the Storm Troopers.

* And finally, a two-player mode. Maybe not co-op story or missions, but at the very least a duel mode like the original game had on the Wii. That was probably the only thing I liked about the original game on that system, before switching to the 360. And more characters are a must, obviously. Basically every character that ever wielded a lightsaber would be amazing, plzkthx.
its impossible to have every character who ever wielded a lighsaber because they're mostky all dead. This game is set between episodes 3 and 4 after all the jedi are killed
-ANDY K 08- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 AM   #20
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ANDY K 08- View Post
its impossible to have every character who ever wielded a lighsaber because they're mostky all dead. This game is set between episodes 3 and 4 after all the jedi are killed
I mean one-on-one multiplayer modes, not story, which is what I said in my post...
Old 08-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #21
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I agree, please no MP tack-on after-thought.

Less glitchy difficulties too, hardest setting was ridiculous with all the glitches.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:48 AM   #22
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graivul View Post
I agree, please no MP tack-on after-thought.
I disagree, please let me play one-on-one with my friends.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #23
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
I disagree, please let me play one-on-one with my friends.

By all means have a local link up mode or even an online lobby, what I am saying is no MP achievements. Too many games tack on a crappy MP mode and then centre 200g or so around struggling through it.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #24
TG Wolf

o TG Wolf o's Gamercard
Difficulty. Make it incredibly harder.
TFU Sith Master was a joke.
TG Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #25
H0p3sfalL
A Goat in Sheep's Rosary

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
would like to see the exp carry over through mulitple play throughs rather then start from scratch everytime you start a new game.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:12 AM   #26
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
What do you guys think would be some good improvements and new features in this sequel?
  • I think, for one, that the lightsaber customization should be expanded to more than just the colors but to choose between single or double bladed sabers, what hand or hands to hold them in, the way you hold them, etc.
  • Also, there should be some different weapons using light crystals like the throwing stars from Battlefront II's Asaj Ventriss
  • The camera angles could also be fixed
  • Costumes should have more of an effect than just making you look badass
That's all I got for now, let me know what you guys think.
I'd also like the force targeting system to be a bit better in this one.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #27
guttridgeb

slightly more realistic force powers. for instance Starkiller can grip a massive star destroyer but not a purge trooper?
guttridgeb is offline   Reply With Quote