PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Cabela's Outdoor Adventures
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Soldier 4 I AM

Soldier 4 I AM's Gamercard
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Offline: 42 (1000)
-Online: 0 (0)
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 10 - 15 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 if you plan and use the video guide as well
-Number of missable achievements: 3. Pheasant Hunter, Turkey Hunter, Opportunistic Hunter,
-Glitched achievements: None!
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No!

Cabela’s Outdoor Adventure 2010 is the newest addition to the Cabela’s hunting game series. The game is very enjoyable and will let you hunt the big game and fish for the big fish. The game is a very easy 1000 for the people who would like to boost their gamerscore or for the people who enjoy the hunting games. The game receives a difficulty score of 2 because although difficult at times, there’s no reason that anyone should be unable to max the game with a little bit of patience and practice. This game is similar to Cabela’s Alaskan Adventures but without the problems. The controls are spelled out for you on the screen while you play.

Introduction:
Welcome to Cabela’s Outdoor Adventures 2010! This game has a total of 42 achievements, all of which are obtainable in offline modes. The achievements themselves are awarded for playing through the campaign and are awarded frequently. All the achievements are pretty straight forward and will be explained in the guide below. The game does not have any glitched achievements that I come across thus far.

Step 1: Story Mode
First you want to start off by playing through the entire story mode of the game. You may want to use the video guide that burner6999 made found here. While playing through follow the guide below to make sure that you do not miss out on achievements because there is no level select in this version of the game. Make sure you don’t miss any bonus hunts during the story mode.

Step 2: Trophy Chase
Now that you have finished the story mode of the game you should move onto the Trophy Chase missions. Enter into the Trophy Chase option and you will get the opportunity to make you own version of the animal. I suggest that you make it as big a possible and make it albino. Making the animal as big as you can and making it albino will make the animal much easier to see when trying to find the animal. Start the hunt and run around the map looking for your albino creation and kill it. Do this for all the animals and you will unlock the Trophy Chase achievements.

Step 3: Clean Up
At this point you may only have Bow Mastery, Gun Collector, Old School Hunter, and Quick Hunter Achievements left to get. Go back into the Trophy Chase mode and knock out these achievements and lock in another 1000G to your score.

Greenhorn 5G
Complete the first hunt

This achievement will be unlocked once you beat the first mission of the game.

Fisherman 5G
Complete the first fishing challenge

Complete the first fishing challenge and the achievement will unlock during the loading screen.

Call Novice 5G
Make 1 good call

You will get this achievement during the first duck hunt. You will be using the duck call. To use the call press the RB and a guide will pop up informing you what is needed to be done for a good call.

NOTE: You can get the Call Expert and Call Master achievements by making 20 good calls after your first.

Tracking Novice 5G
Examine 1 animal mark

You will get this achievement in the first mission of the game. The guide will show you the track and you will have to press the A button to examine the track. Once done the achievement will unlock. The game will prompt you when you’re near an animal mark.

Casting Novice 5G
Make 1 good cast

You will get this achievement during the first fishing challenge in the game. Watch your fish finder and when prompted press the LT to drop the buoy. One the buoy is in place pull the boat around so that the buoy is in front of the boat. Press A to start fishing and press the RT to cast. You should be positioned far enough away from the buoy that the hook should drop next to the buoy. You will be prompted that it was a nice cast. If not move the boat till you get the prompt when the lure hits the water.

GT: Soldier 4 I AM

1000:
200+ Retail Completed

Last edited by Soldier 4 I AM; 01-07-2010 at 04:46 AM.
Soldier 4 I AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Soldier 4 I AM

Shotgun Mastery 10G
Hunt 20 birds using the shotgun

You will get this after your 2nd or 3rd bird hunt. This achievement will come just by playing the game.

Kansas Hunter 10G
Complete Kansas region

Complete the Kansas Region of the game.

Idaho Hunter 10G
Complete Idaho region

Complete the Idaho Region of the game.

British Columbia Hunter 10G
Complete British Columbia region

Complete the British Columbia region of the game.

Alaska Hunter 10G
Complete Alaska region

Complete the Alaska region of the game.

Merciful Hunter 10G
Hunt 5 Big Game Animals using one shot per animal

You will get this achievement just by playing. Make sure when going for a shot you hit the animal in the vitals i.e. the lungs or heart. Use the breath button (RB) to steady your shot.

Rifle Mastery 20G
Hunt 10 Big Game Animals using the rifle

You will get this by playing through the story mode of the game. Just make sure that you’re using the rifle to kill the animal.

Pheasant Hunter 20G
Complete all Pheasant hunts

Just complete all Pheasant hunts of the game. I have not gotten his achievement yet but when I do I will update the guide.

1000:
200+ Retail Completed

Last edited by Soldier 4 I AM; 01-04-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #3
Soldier 4 I AM

Moose Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Moose in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Moose trophy in the trophy chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Call Expert 20G
Make 5 good calls

See Call Novice

Efficient Hunter 20G
Hunt 10 Big Game Animals using one shot per animal

Same as Merciful Hunter, but with 10 animals.

Turkey Hunter 25G
Complete all Turkey hunts

Complete all Turkey hunts in the game.

Tracking Expert 25G
Examine 5 animal marks

This will come naturally by playing the game. The game will prompt you when you’re near any animal marks.

Casting Expert 20G
Make 5 good casts

See Casting Novice.

Handgun Mastery 25G
Hunt 5 Big Game Animals using the handgun

Like the description says hunt 5 big game animals with your handgun. You can get this achievement during the British Columbia hunts. The last hunt in the Idaho Region makes you use the pistol for your first kill with the pistol. The next mission will make you kill 2 more with a handgun. After that mission you will be hunting a deer from a tree stand. This is a hard challenging shot but can be done if you hit the vitals. You will then be required to kill a mountain caribou bull during the next hunt. The achievement will unlock once you claim the trophy.

Whitetail Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Whitetail Deer in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Whitetail Deer in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Blacktail Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Columbian Blacktail Deer in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Columbian Blacktail Deer in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Coues Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Coues Deer in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Coues Deer in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

1000:
200+ Retail Completed

Last edited by Soldier 4 I AM; 01-04-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #4
Soldier 4 I AM

Sitka Blacktail Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Sitka Blacktail Deer in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Sitka Blacktail Deer in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Mule Deer Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Rocky Mountain Mule Deer in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Rocky Mountain Mule Deer in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Elk Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Elk in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Elk in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Mountain Goat Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Mountain Goat in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Mountain Goat in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Caribou Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Caribou in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Caribou in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Pronghorn Antelope Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Pronghorn Antelope in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Pronghorn Antelope in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Bighorn Sheep Trophy Hunter 25G
Hunt 1 Desert Bighorn Sheep in Trophy Chase mode

Hunt 1 Desert Bighorn Sheep in Trophy Chase mode. See the roadmap for tips.

Marksman 35G
Hunt 20 Big Game Animals using one shot per animal

Same as Merciful Hunter just killing 20 animals with one shot.

Call Master 35G
Make 20 good calls

See Call Novice

Tracking Master 35G
Examine 10 animal marks

Same as Tracking Novice.

Notorious Hunter 35G
Complete all optional hunts within at least one region

To get this you will have to make sure that you hunt all the optional hunts in any one region. Follow all paths that do not have markers/waypoints and you should run into the optional hunts.

Casting Master 35G
Make 20 good casts

See Casting Novice

Integrity 35
Hunt 10 trophies with 100% trophy integrity in Trophy Chase mode

In the Trophy Chase mode you will need to kill 10 animals with 100% integrity. After you kill an animal a screen will pop up and tell you the stats for that animal. Shoot at the vitals and will almost guarantee 100% integrity. To get the 100% make sure that you are using the correct caliber weapon for the right animal. Meaning you don’t use the .50 Cal Muzzleloader on a small deer. Select the weapon by pressing the RB and press the A Button to bring up the different weapons. A description will pop up on what animals the weapon should be used on. Doing this and shooting the animal with a one shot kill will net you the 100% Integrity.

1000:
200+ Retail Completed

Last edited by Soldier 4 I AM; 01-04-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
Soldier 4 I AM

Opportunistic Hunter 35G
Explore and complete all the opportunity hunts

You will need to hunt all the optional hunts in the game.

Bow Mastery 35G
Hunt 5 animals using the bow

You will need to kill 5 animals will a bow. You can get this achievement during the Alaska Region hunts. Just use the compound bow for all the hunts that do not require you to use a firearm. You will unlock this at the end of the Alaska Region. If you donít get the achievement there you can go into The Trophy Chase mode and get your last kills.. Replay the caribou hunt using a bow until you get the achievement.

Gun Collector 35G
Hunt an animal using each firearm

Below is a list of the weapons you will need to use to unlock this achievement. Go into the Trophy Chase Mode and pick any hunt. Kill the animals with each of the weapons below and the achievement will unlock.

Rifles:
Remington Model 700 VTR
Marlin Model 336 XLR
Remington Model 7600
Remington Model 750 Woodsmaster
Remington Model R-25
Remington Model 700 XCR
Thompson/Center .50 Cal. Triumph Muzzleloader

Shotguns:
Remington Model 870 Wingmaster
Remington Model 887 Nitro Magnum
Remington Model 11-87 Sportsman ShurShot Synthetic Turkey

Bows:
Compound Bow
Recurve Bow

Handguns:
44 Magnum Semi-Automatic Pistol

Old School Hunter 50G
Hunt 10 Big Game Animals using iron sights

For this achievement you will not be allowed to use your scope. Pick a weapon and that has a scope on it and press the Right D-Pad and the scope will be removed. Go into the Trophy Chase Mode and kill 10 animals without the scope and the achievement will unlock.

Quick Hunter 50G
Hunt 10 animals from the hip

Shoot and kill an animal without pressing the LT to aim. The best place to get this achievement would be in the Alaska Region Hunt after you have to hunt the two bears with the muzzleloader. The optional bird hunt is to the back of the map over some logs. Use the shotgun and do not press the LT. Restart the hunt from the checkpoint if you do not get the achievement the first time.

Note: If you followed the video guide you will get the Opportunistic Hunter achievement at this point.

Trophy Seeker 50G
Gather 200 Trophy Points

This achievement should unlock before you finish the Idaho Region. You will get 1 point for every animal mark you find and points for killing animals. The achievement unlocked for me during the last hunt in the Idaho Region Elk Hunt.

1000:
200+ Retail Completed

Last edited by Soldier 4 I AM; 01-04-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Just a side note. If you do miss a optional hunt on your first play through, you can go back on you second play through and they will count.

I missed 3 hunts (2 in Kansas and 1 in Idaho) on my first go, so I started a new game, finished these 3 hunts and got the achievement for all optional hunts.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
Ralph The Rogue

Ralph The Rogue's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter x360a View Post
Just a side note. If you do miss a optional hunt on your first play through, you can go back on you second play through and they will count.

I missed 3 hunts (2 in Kansas and 1 in Idaho) on my first go, so I started a new game, finished these 3 hunts and got the achievement for all optional hunts.
Thanks very much for this tip. I was following the excellent video guide and I think I skipped picking up one of the downed Turkeys in Kansas so even though I completed the hunt, it showed up as unfinished. Really wasn't looking forward to starting a new game and it looks like I won't have too.

Ralph The Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
bluefunkydude89

bluefunkydude89's Gamercard
great guide, hopefully i will be able to get the full 1000 soon
bluefunkydude89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
bluefunkydude89

bluefunkydude89's Gamercard
thanks for this , got 1000 gs
bluefunkydude89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:02 AM   #10
Sweets23

SweetChef23's Gamercard
Thanks for the great info. I am working thru it and this will definetly help.
Sweets23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:14 AM   #11
sighon

sighon's Gamercard
Thanks for the great guide. Its has helped me out a ton
sighon is offline   Reply With Quote