PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Halo Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
SN!PR

Halo Wars Online Tactics

Thought I might give everyone some UNSC leader tactics.

Capt. Cutter - Deathmatch 1v1 or 2v2. Using the warthog you start off with scout the enemies base, then when your warthog is outside the base drop as many ODST's as possible outside the base. When you destroy the base capture it if done quickly the player's base you destroyed should be defeated. Then retreat and take rebel bases. This gives you more population. When rebel bases are destroyed and your new bases are built, build more ODST's and attack the other enemy (if on 2v2). If on 1v1 capture every possible base to ensure that the opponent does not have any chance to continue the match.

Sgt. Forge - Deathmatch 1v1 or 2v2. Build as many Grizzly's as possible and capture rebel bases when population is gained build more Grizzly's and perform exactly the same steps as with Cutter. Also build Wolverines to provide extra support for the Grizzyl's.

Prof. Anders - Just do the same with Hawks.

Hope these may of helped if anyone has any covenant tips please tell me and I'll give you a Brother's In Arms Hells Highway achievement glitch code
SN!PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
oDrPepper

SolidaritY IX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm sorry, but do these really work? Just from reading the Forge strategy I was already ticking off ways to counter it in my mind. A wall of cobras combined with gremlins would tear through both the Grizzlies and Wolverines. If you were attacking Covenant the whole army would be obliterated by hunters leaving you open to attack as all research has been put into vehicles.
oDrPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
SN!PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDrPepper View Post
I'm sorry, but do these really work? Just from reading the Forge strategy I was already ticking off ways to counter it in my mind. A wall of cobras combined with gremlins would tear through both the Grizzlies and Wolverines. If you were attacking Covenant the whole army would be obliterated by hunters leaving you open to attack as all research has been put into vehicles.
Well works for me
SN!PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #4
BKS37

BKS37's Gamercard
Here is a good Cov. strategy. It works in deathmatch and or normal, I prefer normal. Be the Arbiter, and get him fully upgraded as soon as possible (specifically invisible). Then make an army of locust, I find 10-15 are good. Send the Arbiter behind the enemy base. If they dont see thim, no units will actually fire. When he gets back there, drop in the locust and destroy his base quickly.
BKS37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Madmax410

Madmax410's Gamercard
I like my arby rush strategy.

WH-WH-T, upgrade the WH as you go, WH-WH, then start pumping out suicide grunts. Once you have seven or eight of them, teleport them in front of an enemy covenent base and make them blow it up.

If they haven't upgraded to citadel or have a SG, then its an automatic base kill. From there they probably resign, or I just roll them with banshees a couple minutes later.

Note: Don't upgrade the arby.

For newer players, try my slightly modified scorp boom strat.

If there's no free bases (They all have rebels on them)
SP SP SP SP R, upgrade base, R, upgrade one to advanced reactor, VD, build a couple of scorps, upgrade to canister while destroying a rebel base, take the second base and build two HSP, a Barracks, upgrade base, create two more HSPs and start to build spartans, ugrade base, VD and a FA or another HSP. From there just double pump scorps until you have a full army and go destroy. While on the attack upgrade your tanks and spartans.

If there's a free base (No rebels)

7 HSPs on the first base, take a second base and build R, R, VD, upgrade the base, two HSPs upgrade a reactor, start researching canister, upgrade base, build a barracks then another VD. Once the barracks come up, build three spartans, research chaingun, and start double pumping tanks.

Obviously, put the spartans into your tanks. Great for playing 3v3 random with noobs.

Also, if you have a team of three for 3v3, this is a great strat for stomping players:

Arby does the suicide grunt I mentioned earlier while forge sends supples to anders until she is ready to come in afterwards with some wingman hornets, soon reinforced with the arby's follow up attack with banshees, and finally a scorp booming Forge rolls them. I don't remember the build order for the Anders, though.

Last edited by Madmax410; 01-15-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Madmax410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
JohnnyR74

AbsolutioN IX's Gamercard
These seem like pretty terrible strategies. All you are saying is "capture rebel bases, and spam grizzlies." Anyone would know to counter with Cobras, or Hunters if he's a covenant. If you spam hawks, they'll just counter with wolverines, or vampires if covy. This would only work on someone who has never played the game before, tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax410 View Post
Also, if you have a team of three for 3v3, this is a great strat for stomping players:

Arby does the suicide grunt I mentioned earlier, an Anders comes in afterwards with some wingman hornets, soon reinforced with the arby's counter attack with banshees, and finally a scorp booming Forge rolls them. I don't remember the build order for the Anders, though.
I remember we used to do this all the time. I think it went SP R SP R AP. Start building hornets, and upgrade your supply pads along the way. I think by the time we were ready to attack we usually had 10-15 had out. I don't remember the order 100%.

JohnnyR74 is offline   Reply With Quote