PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #31
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Anybody else get scared by the same thing more than once? I kept on forgetting- on the last level, when you come back out of this large tube thing, and there's a Brute there waiting for you.

Th first time, I was already in the store and he punched me out of it. The next two times, I went over to the store, then thought 'Hey.. Isn't there something supposed to be here now?' before I turn around and find it right in my face.
Phenoviral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #32
Jeevess

wo man i wasnt freaked out by any of it except when the necromorph that regenerates is coming for you and you have to get through that little maze. didnt have any ammo and i was so freaked
Jeevess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #33
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Heh. I go into scary games looking to be scared, though. That's part of the whole experience for me.

Sure, I could switch up the brightness and have friends there with me as I play, but the would ruin the atmosphere.

Play alone in your room at night, with the lights off, with nothing covering over the window. Try to get into Isaak's shoes.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:27 AM   #34
DestroyThineslf

DestroyThineslf's Gamercard
Heh, I got caught by some of the "cheap" scares (like when something jumps out of a duct and takes off or runs past a window) and then theres always that loud CHUNG sound effect
Old 03-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #35
Count SteveDoug

The first 5 minutes of the game where you have to run without a weapon terrified me. I loved it. DS was my second 360 game, and I recently replayed it to finish the achievements. I found myself jumping at the same moments, and I forgot all about the cutscene at the very end of the game... Ah! I hope DS2 makes me jump just as much.
Count SteveDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #36
Megaman 8bit

Megaman 8bit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmeniusLOD View Post
That creature is his wife/girlfriend that he keeps seeing throughout the game.

It takes a lot for me to scream out loud, but there were quite a few times where I would start shaking or jump a little. There were even a few times where it stirred up my bowls .
SERIOUSLY!!!! that was me i was just so happy to beat the game watched the ending all happily then BAM scared me so bad!...honestly the 2nd time i beat the game for the impossible mode achievement i went to the bathroom during the ending and waited for it to be over only to come back the SECOND she pops up and it happened to be the SECOND i looked up still freaks me out lol

Arcade (200/200)100%
My 100% Arcade Games
Megaman 8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #37
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Ha! Brilliant! ><
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #38
Nikke84

Nikke84's Gamercard
Didn't even flinch, ever.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #39
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikke84 View Post
Didn't even flinch, ever.
Aw, come on..

You need to go into scary games looking to be scared. That's how you get scared. Works a charm.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #40
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenoviral View Post
Aw, come on..

You need to go into scary games looking to be scared. That's how you get scared. Works a charm.
But if the game isn't scary you don't get scared.

I haven't also flinched at the game. It is my second run, and at the moment I'm not scared at all. I blame the game of making the enemies too easy to kill. After you have killed a big bunch of enemies, you really have nothing to fear.

Still great game.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #41
Coxy x360a

Coxymus Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nah, the game is jumpy but i didn't scream. Got a turtle beach coming soon though, so that could all change.. :P
A completely cracked HTC Mozart (Win P 7)!
A brand spanking new Sony VAIO (Win 8)!

"One hundred percented" games (including DLC): 13
Coxy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #42
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unterofficer View Post
But if the game isn't scary you don't get scared.

I haven't also flinched at the game. It is my second run, and at the moment I'm not scared at all. I blame the game of making the enemies too easy to kill. After you have killed a big bunch of enemies, you really have nothing to fear.

Still great game.
They're pretty difficult on Impossible mode.

Have you found any other games scary?

Old 03-15-2010, 03:40 AM   #43
TheDeceiver35

TheDeceiver35's Gamercard
First time through I jumped at quite a few moments. That last cut-scene after you beat the game was probably the biggest scare for me.
Going back through on impossible now its not nearly as scary but im still having alot of fun, what a great game dead space turned out to be.
TheDeceiver35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #44
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Quote:
Have you found any other games scary?
F.E.A.R.s very bit scary sometimes when you where on dark small spaces. But the most frightening game I have played were the Project Zeros. I want to play them again, but I allways chicken in the first room. The thing that frightens me in them is that the atmospheare is even better than in Dead Space and you aren't armed to the teeth. Also it doesn't help that I still feel uneasy in dark.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #45
Pyro Stick

Pyro Stick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by veece16 View Post
I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)
I think that bit freaked out everyone that played the game. Its the end and the atmosphere is all calm, you have just beat the final boss, isaac is relaxing after having escaped. Its the last thing you expect and its scared the crap out of me. I didnt scream, just got the worst fright of my life. I dont think i screamed out loud or made any loud noise at any point in the game. The first few chapters you are jumpy as hell but after that you harder up and get used to it.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #46
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unterofficer View Post
F.E.A.R.s very bit scary sometimes when you where on dark small spaces. But the most frightening game I have played were the Project Zeros. I want to play them again, but I allways chicken in the first room. The thing that frightens me in them is that the atmospheare is even better than in Dead Space and you aren't armed to the teeth. Also it doesn't help that I still feel uneasy in dark.
You were scared by F.E.A.R., and are afraid of the dark, but didn't find Dead Space scary? Are we talking about the same game here?

Old 03-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #47
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Quote:
You were scared by F.E.A.R., and are afraid of the dark, but didn't find Dead Space scary? Are we talking about the same game here?
Yeas we are. F.E.A.R.s had some unnatural enemies. Dead Space has naturals. Unnatural is scarier than natural.
Still don't take my word literally. F.E.A.R. isn't a scary game, but it had few places that I felt fear (School basement in the second game was pretty horrid.) Also F.E.A.R. has first person, which means that you don't have as much visibility as in 3rd person. Things that you can't see equal horror.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #48
Admiral Axtell

Admiral Axtell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by veece16 View Post
I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)
this! I also beat the game very early in the morning at 1 or 2 and my friend had already told me the ending (the dick...) and It still made me jump like hell!

100% Retail (All DLC included):
GUN. Dead Space. Fallout 3.
100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction. Battlefield 1943.
Admiral Axtell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #49
littlemissymoo

Littlemissymoo's Gamercard
I am a wuss when it comes to horror games and so far am not scared as such at Dead Space. I have had jumpy moments but that's it.

My ex loves horror films and games and yet can not play this game at all.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #50
rvlution

H0B0 Santiago's Gamercard

I was paranoid for the first level because of all the hype. I'm now running through my second playthrough annoyed at the stupid things.
rvlution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #51
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I was jumping every 10 seconds. Its shit me up big time. And when i did it on impossible i new i have about 1-3 hits b4 i die so i was very carefull and when i heard a noise. jesus i jumped

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #52
Krypto Kar El

krypto kar el's Gamercard
I have to agree that both RE4 and RE5 weren't as scary or made me tense then their predecesors. I found Dead Space made me more tense than RE5. My first play though was on easy, and having seen my friends play it I wasn't too scared... however I did jump at the sound of the woman screaming as you go down the elevator to repair the ADS system!

Unfortunately, with working at Gamestop, I've had several customers ruin the ending to games for me, Dead Space included, so I knew about the Nicole/necromorph hallucination. I did like how each chapter spelled out NICOLE IS DEAD....hope the sequel has more hidden clues? By the way, has anyone bothered to decypher the alien language on the walls? Anything important?

Right now I'm playing it on Impossible, andhave to admit it is much more intense now that I have to really control how I use up ammo or credits. Several times I have barricaded Issac into a corner because the music gave me the impression that there were more necromorphs roaming near by.
Krypto Kar El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #53
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Nothing incredibly important. There's one part where it tells you a URL to a webpage where it tells you an in-game cheat for power nodes.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:23 AM   #54
rvlution

H0B0 Santiago's Gamercard

If you can play through RE4 (not scary except for less than 5 part, Regenerators anyone?) then you can easily do this.
rvlution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #55
Enric0 Palazz0

I was never actually scared, but the atmosphere of the whole game kept me kinda nervous and tense. I generally played most of it at night w/ the lights off and I had quite a few "jumps". My gf refuses to play it but she really liked watching, although she was "jumping" constantly and let out a few yelps during a few spots, pretty entertaining lol.
Enric0 Palazz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #56
Juiceh

SuperJuiceh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Aw, come on..

Why are you trying to act like a though guy? It's not working. non-scary game is non-scary.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #57
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceh View Post
Why are you trying to act like a though guy? It's not working. non-scary game is non-scary.
Saying that I was scared by a game that I always thought was scary, while you weren't scared by it at all, makes me look like I'm acting like a tough guy?

Wow, thanks, I guess I'm a natural.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #58
Enric0 Palazz0

no you misunderstood, he didn't say you were acting like a tough guy, but you should quit acting like a though guy.
Enric0 Palazz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #59
J Dubz15

mcjoeker's Gamercard
I never completed this, I had it as a rental (plus I got stuck in Chapter 3 I think) but it did scare the sh*t out of me!!! I don't think I screamed or anything but it is the only game to actually make me scared HA
J Dubz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #60
Phenoviral

Phenoviral's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enric0 Palazz0 View Post
no you misunderstood, he didn't say you were acting like a tough guy, but you should quit acting like a though guy.
Understand, true, but- I would need to have been initially acting like a tough guy in order to quit acting like a though guy, no?

Last edited by Phenoviral; 04-01-2010 at 10:12 AM.