PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #61
NonFat

NonFat's Gamercard
the first 4 hours of this were extremely intense for me.
i was breathing quick, palms sweating, and jumping at everything.
finally more room mate got home and slammed the door and i just about wet myself i was so startled to hear something other than the game.

though by the time i did the impossible play through i was jaded. even so the com system at the beginning of EVERY level still made me jump. with that funky connecting / scream / static sound it makes before the people start talking at you.

NonFat
NonFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #62
NonFat

NonFat's Gamercard
side note:

I work night audit for a hotel in squaw valley, ca and last night i was smoking a cigarette in the lower level of the parking garage (underground) when no one else is normally going to be or even no one else is even awake around here.

and i heard a low grumbling along with a high whine that sounded like one of the monsters in dead space and totally made my skin tingle. it put me soo off edge i looked down and wished i had a plasma cutter

i realize now that it was just a car with the fan belt maladjusted but since it was in a parking garage the sounds reverberated and distorted in such a way that it sounded straight out of the game.

it has been over a week since i got 1k on this game and the images from it are going to haunt me for a long time i think!

NonFat
NonFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #63
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've finished this game a while ago but I remember freakin out many times on my first playthrough.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #64
Bubbowie

Bubbowie's Gamercard
I didn't scream out loud, but my heart skipped a few beats at the very end. I should've known, but was (un)pleasently suprised
Bubbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #65
Sniper Riflez

English Gamerrr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm on Chapter 6 at the minute and the scariest part so far is when you gotta run from the unkillable enemy, runnign knowing there's something invincible 2 ft behind you is shit scary.
Sniper Riflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:18 AM   #66
ZakkuHiryado

ZakkuHiryado's Gamercard
The only times I jumped were one time I was opening a door and for some reason turned around and BAM enemy right in my face and also the first time I encountered an enemy in the vacuum. That only startled me because you can't hear them in space...Other than that I didn't really get scared, even the ending I kind of expected something like that to happen. Awesome game though! Can't wait for the sequel.
Assassin's Creed I & II, Battlestations: Midway, Blazing Angels, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Dante's Inferno, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, The Godfather, History Channel: Civil War, King Kong, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Samurai Warriors 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I & II
Arcade games completed 100%:
Call of Duty Classic, Dash of Destruction, Mega Man 9, Uno, Worms

ZakkuHiryado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #67
ZonaBoy89

Damn I gotta hear all this scary shit right before I play! At least im ready for it now.
ZonaBoy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #68
Mr Wafu

mr wafu's Gamercard
I'm playing Impossible difficulty with the lights on, because I know the atmosphere will creep me out and the cheap scares will get me if I play lights-off like I did the first two times I played it...
Mr Wafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #69
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veece16 View Post
I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)
I just finished the game and that's the part that scared me. Also, walking around level 9 or 10 when you hear some girl singing "twinkle twinkle little star", I was having little panic attacks LOL. Another thing, maybe it didn't scare me, but whenever I heard a guy yell HELP in that desperate voice, I had to go and beat him to death.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #70
Ferocious
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlueSpade2xX View Post
I just finished the game and that's the part that scared me. Also, walking around level 9 or 10 when you hear some girl singing "twinkle twinkle little star", I was having little panic attacks LOL. Another thing, maybe it didn't scare me, but whenever I heard a guy yell HELP in that desperate voice, I had to go and beat him to death.

That was chapter 10 with the singing. Although, I'm pretty sure I heard it earlier in the game it just was only in a certain section and sounded very distant. All in all it was a great game. No game or movie is "too" scary imo. I enjoy horror games and Dead Space is one of them.

However someone in this thread mentioned the first level of Condemned 2. I mean.. it's a great game, but play Condemned 1, the horror aspect is much greater than Condemned 2 although both are great games.
Ferocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #71
Ataxia

ChronosKaos's Gamercard
I remember the first time I played this.

- = Slight spoilers = -

During the first Chapter, there is a Log describing how the Necromorphs move via the vents.

At first, I was overly cautious, and basically quite paranoid about each vent as I kept expecting something.

However, you soon learn that just plays a part in building the atmosphere. Moments where something actually appears through a vent is relatively predictable, and is not too common throughout the game.

However, another memorable moment is when the lights go off as you are walking through one of the hallways (around Ch. 2), and you hear scuttling in the vents. Once again, it is all atmosphere, as nothing eventuates in that hallway.

Also, in one of the later chapters, one of the vents breaks above and behind you... and of course, nothing attacks you there.

Not much else to mention, and obviously after the first playthrough, it lacks anything to surprise you... it has all been seen before.

Anyway, they need to make a SH in a similar sense to LFD where each playthrough is genuinely different (even though you can predict Tanks and other moments quite easily in the game, but a similar principle should apply).
Ataxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:19 AM   #72
PastyDarcy

BlindingWhite's Gamercard
I never crapped myself or screamed. But my freind was watching me play the whole game, because he himself had the game and wanted to see me play. At the point where you run into your second brute, I wasn't facing the direction it was coming from, and when I turned around the brute was right behind me, about to smack me. This resulted in my freind and brother screaming at the top of their lungs "OMFG IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!!!" and jumping out of their seats. That was the funniest part of the game for me, and it still makes me laugh out loud.
PastyDarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #73
vgfanatic1

vgfanatic1's Gamercard
Tbh, I thought this game would be scarier. I usually get scared pretty easily, but this game just doesn't do it for me. They did a great job setting the atmosphere though, and I can see why others would find it scary.
It seems to me that Black Ops just copied New Vegas and stripped it down to an arcade shooter. I mean NV revolutionized shooters with its "Aim Down Sights" system. Also they both have similar weapons like handguns, shotguns, assault rifles. Once again though, BO is lacking in that department with no unique weapons like laser guns. And the perk system? BO didn't even try to change the name!! They both have perks!!! Another blatant ripoff.
Look at the entire thread here.
vgfanatic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #74
COBHC Kthulhu

COBHC Kthulhu's Gamercard
That make it a very good game ! The next one's got to be scarier
Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 AM   #75
fax5jrj

fax5jrj's Gamercard
I have to admit, in chapter four, when that leg grabs you, I nearly crapped myself, but after re-doing for the 77th time (I had to re-start) it barely scared me
fax5jrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #76
Rainta

RainTearX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by veece16 View Post
I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)
Haha same thing happened to me! Except my friend was playing it and it was at 5 a.m. in the morning. lol
Rainta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #77
Inferno Kong

I just remember a friend of me playing it with a 5.1 Headset.... and a Subwoofer plugged in -.-
Just before the floor began to crumble, we sneaked up to him and slapped him in the neck, he threw the headset away and woke up everyone in the house
Inferno Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:07 AM   #78
gameplayer

good stories here! lol! I'm starting to forget any specific moments, but I really remember how I felt when I was deciding to pick up the game again after two years to get some more achievements out of it. It was difficult to get myself to do it. The thought of doing it on impossible scared me so much my cheap ass self (I hardly ever buy downloadable content) bought a stronger downloadable suit to ease the pressure a little.
gameplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #79
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I have yet to ever scream out loud at anything in terror...well, at least not since I was 8 or 9 years old. I will admit that Dead Space made me say "Oh, shit, oh shit" a whole lot, though. :P
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:49 AM   #80
Mgetter

MGetter's Gamercard
Not sure if I ever jumped out of my chair... probably screamed... but I most certainly got scared a LOT. In fact, everytime I go back to replay this game (or other similarly scary games), I get nervous to begin. Just started my third, final playthrough for Epic Tier 3 and am nervous already, maybe more so.

Cant wait for Dead Space 2. Played it at NYCC and it is very nerve-wracking and a lot of fun. The Horde (or whatever theyre called), the little kids that come out in huge numbers are a lot of fun. I feel like it will keep its horror roots without going too action-oriented
Mgetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #81
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
A couple scenes in level 2, 3, & 4 have gotten the better of me- I won't specify what & where to avoid spoilers. I am in the middle of level 5 as of this post so I am hoping to have a lot more of these moments. I am playing the game with Turtle Beach headset so I can hear every whisper, scream, scratch... pretty epic shit thus far

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #82
Virus2Die

Virus2Die's Gamercard
ill be honest ,
after playing this game , special in the morning houres i had to put my Glock 19 under my pillow

i was feeling somthing would me out of my bed

loveeeeee this game
Virus2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #83
Pony

SOA Pony Boy's Gamercard
There were several times that i just didnt have the nerve to play. Like when Isaac is in a small or enclosed room and one of those big monsters or one of the regenerating monster would chase him id always try to get my buddy to play! Lol!
Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #84
Andarion

Col Andarion's Gamercard
im on chapter 7 right now. things that have made me jump:

-getting chased by the necromorph when you have no weapons, especially when it tries to pry itself into the elevator
-the first infector
-the first brute
-getting grabbed by the tentacle
-the hunter
"I love multiplayer as much as the next guy, but the day that games start becoming multiplayer only on a wide scale is the day I find a new field to hold my interest and cash. I can't see myself staying in a genre where K/D ratio is the measure of a person's worth, and trash talk is the norm."
~Arkalivan
Andarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #85
Steelhead

SG Steelhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I ruined the experience by cranking up the brightness on the TV (since it usually makes spotting and shooting enemies much easier). I may leave it dark on the next one.
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #86
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Not really, until the very end after the last fight. Typical final scene jump moment in the cockpit but it got me a bit.

It was more gross than scary. Loads 'O Blood. HAHAHA!!

The wall hanging guys that spit those lashing things out of his abdomen, the screaming noise they make sticks in my ears terribly though, very creepy. That retched painful wailing moan. Ugh...you can just feel the agony they're in.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #87
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I never yelled or anything, but there were parts where I got scared and I just jumped a bit.

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #88
NinjaKiwiVI

NinjaKiwiVI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Yeah I've jumped. I was so into the game and the volume was up pretty high so I jumped outta my seat.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #89
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I finished playing it last night, but the night before I was at a upgrade bench and was upgrading things with the nodes I had collected and was feeling rather pleased with myself. Did my thing and then backed out, as soon as I did that though (everything was silent mind you) a necromorph decided to pop in to the right hand side of my screen as I was backing out and I went 'OMG... ahhhh.' and managed to scare the crap out of my dog who was at the top of the stairs...

I managed to shoot the crap out of it, and because of the fright it put me through I stomped on it a couple of times. Never again.. I don't think I will go to the bench on my next playthrough.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #90
huskies13

dxnation's Gamercard
not going to lie at the end cutscene where u see nicole i jumped a bit
huskies13 is offline   Reply With Quote