Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #121
GetCrazyGoBanana

Furi-chan's Gamercard
Taken by surprise :P

I am really easily frightened, so uhh... yeah ^^'

I was just playing the game like I usually do and after playing for a while I got too calm and put my guard down.
When I turn around to go get some more stasis from one of those machine thingies, a crawling alien by my feet attacks me, making me scream out loud in shock.

The worst part about it is that it really wasn't too scary, that kind of thing happends all the time during this game.

My friend who was in the room still makes fun of me for it :/
GetCrazyGoBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #122
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCrazyGoBanana View Post
I am really easily frightened, so uhh... yeah ^^'

I was just playing the game like I usually do and after playing for a while I got too calm and put my guard down.
When I turn around to go get some more stasis from one of those machine thingies, a crawling alien by my feet attacks me, making me scream out loud in shock.

The worst part about it is that it really wasn't too scary, that kind of thing happends all the time during this game.

My friend who was in the room still makes fun of me for it :/
2 Things.
1) Freakin awesome screen name
2) Great first post. I wish everybody started off like that. Welcome to the site.

It's not a scary game per-say, it's just crazy frightening. I'm 25 and I still jump when things go bump in the night in this game. That's game integrity.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #123
MR ROYAL 03

MR ROYAL 03's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm up to chapter 8 so far and the two scariest moments were;

1. The 1st time that the tentacle thingy grabbed me.

2. After killing a hallway full of necromorphs I walk forward and Issac knocks into one of the corpses, a body part goes flying out in front of him and I jump out of my skin!!!

Looking to boost: Gears of War, Gears of War 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Red Dead Redemption, F1 2010, Fight Night Round 4, NBA 2K14
MR ROYAL 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #124
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
first time thru it definitely made me jump in several places. when the franchise was new, nobody knew what to expect i guess. those pesky regenerating necros always made me stressed too!
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #125
AgentXLVII

Dead Space is a scary game. That's a fact. I truly believe that all of these people saying it isn't scary are lying to themselves to make themselves feel like the "hard man". The game is what you make it. There's no doubt these people who don't find it scary at all played it with the lights on, with inadequate sound, with people disturbing them, etc.

Play the game with the lights off, on a decent HD TV, with some good headphones on your own and you'll find Dead Space scary. If you have not done that, you really shoulndn't comment on how scary the game is because you're not playing it the way it is meant to be played.
AgentXLVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #126
TheRedKing

HI MEME's Gamercard
Never jumped, but I can't play this game for more than 30 minutes in one go. I think it's the low level sounds that make me anxious. weird.
TheRedKing is offline   Reply With Quote