Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Mahjong Widsom
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Chiaroscuro

MrChiaroscuro's Gamercard
My Own Power - glitched??

Ok, I am one of the few who bought this game... Aside massive slowdown in the game (with a very good computer) I found an achievement that won´t unlock:

"My Own Power" - Complete 5 levels of Motion Mode without using bombs, cannons, ice or magic wands.

I can go up to level 8 without using any special tile, including not getting extra lifes and not using the wildcard tile. But I did not get the achievement. I tried several times. I usually lose a life on level 9 if I do not use any special tile, and can go levels 10 and 11 without using them as well.

But no achievement. What is exactly I suppose to do? Must the levels being sequential (I already did that, levels 1 to 8).
Chiaroscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
sorta

Pretty sure it's glitched. I just finished level 38 and I've played every level with the intention of not using those special tiles. I know I've done AT LEAST 5 that way. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will pop up when I finish the mode, but I doubt it.
sorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
Tynstar

General Tynstar's Gamercard
I just did the first 7 levels so far and nothing for me either.
Tynstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
finished the first 9 levels without help items. No achievement. yay
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
sorta

yeah i just finished all 45 (for the 2nd time since motion master glitched on my first attempt) and still didn't get My Own Power. bleh
sorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #6
Chiaroscuro

MrChiaroscuro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorta View Post
yeah i just finished all 45 (for the 2nd time since motion master glitched on my first attempt) and still didn't get My Own Power. bleh
I just finished Motion Mode. I did not get the Motion Master (despite I completed the game without losing a life) neither the Recycler (I never had used the trash can). I am so pissed off. I will not play this game again...

But how do you restart the mode? If I enter it again it starts on the last level (45).
Chiaroscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:41 AM   #7
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro View Post
I just finished Motion Mode. I did not get the Motion Master (despite I completed the game without losing a life) neither the Recycler (I never had used the trash can). I am so pissed off. I will not play this game again...

But how do you restart the mode? If I enter it again it starts on the last level (45).
That's another issue. You can only restart the mode (after finishing it), by deleting your save folder (Program files/Tik Games). Make a backup of the folder, before attempting this.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
Tynstar

I sent their tech support an email and after a few emails i got the following.

"Hello,

It looks like you found a real issue with Mahjong Tales (and you’re the first to report it!). The description for what it takes to complete this achievement is not accurate. Here’s what you really need to do:

Pass the entire mode without hints.

We are going to fix the incorrect information so others don’t have this struggle. It takes a bit for this to happen, so the updated text won’t be visible immediately.

Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention.

-Mitzi"
Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #9
hulkhoganfan

SpudimusPrime89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynstar View Post
I sent their tech support an email and after a few emails i got the following.

"Hello,

It looks like you found a real issue with Mahjong Tales (and you’re the first to report it!). The description for what it takes to complete this achievement is not accurate. Here’s what you really need to do:

Pass the entire mode without hints.

We are going to fix the incorrect information so others don’t have this struggle. It takes a bit for this to happen, so the updated text won’t be visible immediately.

Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention.

-Mitzi"
But Motion Mode has no hints

Retail 100%
LEGO Batman, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010

Arcade 100%
1 vs. 100, After Burner Climax, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, UNO, Xbox LIVE Labs
hulkhoganfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkhoganfan View Post
But Motion Mode has no hints
lol. Yeah, so true. Also the meaning of motion mode would beat itself, if you could stop the motion and use a hint. One would imagine, the developers would know their own game

Another one of these bumpers from the developers, and we should get something for free for buying Mahjong Wisdom!
Cringer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
Tynstar

I have asked more questions because I know there are no hints in motion mode. What a surprise no response.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
Destroyer675000

destroyer675000's Gamercard
I was just wondering if the developer meant "hints" as the items. Also i was just wondering, the people that have attempted this game what items did you not use cause it seems like the ones that are not listed could be part of the reason why it does not pop as well. Just my thought that is all.
Destroyer675000 is offline   Reply With Quote